PDA

View Full Version : Whither Sharapova's Golden Girl Looks?

dwynn10
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I usually try not to comment too much on players' appearance, but Shriekapova has traded a lot on her so-called golden girl looks. Well, those looks seem to have faded dramatically at the YEC today. Maybe the genes are starting to kick in. Ivanovic and Hantuchova are much prettier girls, but only Ivanovic is getting any publicity on her looks (her stronger record may have something to do with it). OK, back to regular tennis!

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:42 PM
It's obvious from her outfit that she doesn't view the YEC like a major, esp. the USO.

KBdoubleu
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I think Adidas is pushing hard to make Ana the next Sharapova. Sharapova's outfit was a poor attempt of the Stella McCartney line Kirilenko wears (colors and all).

frontier
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Ana is more stunningly beautiful and she has a certain endearing quality about her:hearts: .Maria is looking jaded with all that makeup that she uses to cover zits.:p

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM
ana is just pretty..I mean like a normal girl :shrug:

cogent53
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I thought Maria's outfit and that A line skirt was horrendous! Ivanovic by contrast looked absolutely gorgeous and played well too. She's the most stunning by far IMO.

guapogreg08
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM
THANK YOU

i dont get the obsession with ivanovic
she looks kinda weird to me...

just for the record, i dont think maria is attractive either

venus is by far the prettiest in the top 10 for me

ptkten
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM

I disagree, Maria seems average to me while Ana is stunning but I respect the fact that everyone has different opinions as to who is more attractive.

Sefo
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Sharapova is an underdog at this event. She qualified in the last moment, she didn't have the time or mood to prepare her look. But I think she looks good, much better than Ana (but this is a matter of personal preference for anyone).

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Maria had this outfit picked out months in advance.
I heard Eisenbud in a radio interview say Maria had the black USO dress from 2006 designed and finished 8 months before the USO.
She works with Nike people and is involved in choosing every outfit she wears.

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I disagree, Maria seems average to me while Ana is stunning but I respect the fact that everyone has different opinions as to who is more attractive.
well I wouldn't consider a 1.88 m blonde girl with green eyes an "average girl", but I respect your opinion

dwynn10
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Sharapova is an underdog at this event. She qualified in the last moment, she didn't have the time or mood to prepare her look. But I think she looks good, much better than Ana (but this is a matter of personal preference for anyone).

:haha: Sorry, I didn't know female players have to not only prepare to play but to look good as well! Man, I wonder if the men also have to consult a stylist and go to the beauty salon as part of their prep for a tourney. To get back to the topic, if you're not blessed with natural, good looks, and Shriekapova isn't, there's only so much makeup and fashion can do for you. Her looks have declined dramatically at only 20 (good luck having her advertise skin products). One can only wonder how much of a typical Babushka she will become a few years from now.

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:37 AM
here's a pic of ana and a pic of maria to compare them:
http://media.eresmas.com/biblioteca/img/segundosfuera2/ivanovicasdad.1.jpg
http://images.askmen.com/galleries/model/maria-sharapova/pictures/maria-sharapova-picture-2.jpg
the 2 of them look great here..I just seem to find ana more "average"

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Serena, Jelena, Sveta, Justine, and Anna are pretty too

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:38 AM
the 2 of them look great here..I just seems to find ana more "average"

:eek: maria has dark hair and a larger forehead now!

tennis_lover89
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:41 AM
:eek: maria has dark hair and a larger forehead now! nice try I edited my post

No Name Face
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:42 AM
maria looks hot in some pictures, but she really is just an average girl in terms of looks. i see better looking girls on the subway. her features (nose) are really too thin/non-descript for my liking. i find ivanovic really pretty, but the best looking girl in the top 10 is chakvetadze by a country mile

Dan23
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:46 AM
thread #252521525 on the same subject :lol: doubt many peoples opinions have changed since last week

Sefo
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Her looks have declined dramatically at only 20

I don't know what you're talking about. She's more beautiful than ever.
The only thing I've noticed different from last year, is a bit more anxiety, probably the shoulder is still upsetting, or probably being the first match after two huge upsets.

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:25 AM
well I wouldn't consider a 1.88 m blonde girl with green eyes an "average girl", but I respect your opinion
There is NO way she is 1.88 metres!

the 2 of them look great here..I just seem to find ana more "average"

OPSM. :devil:

heytennis
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:48 AM
There is NO way she is 1.88 metres!

She's probably a bit taller.

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Beauty is all a matter of preference and opinion. Everyone has different taste.

So Disrespectful
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:22 AM
maria looks hot in some pictures, but she really is just an average girl in terms of looks. i see better looking girls on the subway. her features (nose) are really too thin/non-descript for my liking. i find ivanovic really pretty, but the best looking girl in the top 10 is chakvetadze by a country mile

I agree. Maria is obviously very pretty, but her facial features are rather small and soft. If you look at the current trends in modelling, they lean further towards the likes of Hantuchova and Ivanovic. Chakvetadze has an amazing face for photographing due to her distinct and large eyes, that is very in demand at this moment and beauty is not always the main selling point for supermodels.

Of course, I was only addressing their appearances from the modelling perspective, as all are beautiful in their own rights.

s_j
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's why different people find different girls/guys attractive. Can we please leave it now, instead of all this "She's prettier", "No, she's prettier!" nonsense? :)

Tennisation
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:34 AM
http://images.askmen.com/galleries/model/maria-sharapova/pictures/maria-sharapova-picture-2.jpg
the 2 of them look great here..I just seem to find ana more "average"nice try, Ana happens to look good all the time on & off the court. She's a natural beauty & looks good with or without makeup. Whereas Maria needs makeup to make her look good & this is probably her best pic, u Maria fans go head keep on rockin' that pic & spread the love, cuz she aint look this good in person. Now excuse me while i scrape off the icing on Maria's face to bake a cake for Marion.

s_j
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I've seen Maria with my own eyes (on more than one ocassion) and I thik she's stunning. Even better in reality. But, everyone to their own!

schorsch
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I agree. Maria is obviously very pretty, but her facial features are rather small and soft. If you look at the current trends in modelling, they lean further towards the likes of Hantuchova and Ivanovic. Chakvetadze has an amazing face for photographing due to her distinct and large eyes, that is very in demand at this moment and beauty is not always the main selling point for supermodels.

Of course, I was only addressing their appearances from the modelling perspective, as all are beautiful in their own rights.

You might have a point there. But you need to know how to pull it off as well. There are some stunning pictures of Ana, but on most pictures of her you can see that Ana simply doesnt know what works for her in front of the camera and what doesnt. And that often looks weird, whereas Masha doesnt even have to think about that anymore.

Steffica Greles
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:00 AM
It's obvious from her outfit that she doesn't view the YEC like a major, esp. the USO.

I actually think the artist formerly known as Sharaposer is more concerned with her tennis, and although, like any person, she enjoys looking glamourous, she's far more concerned with her career. Her outfit for the YEC smacks of "I'm just here to get the job done - to Hell with everybody".

And you know what, I'm full of admiration for her. She had that killer eye of a champion last night, when she forced herself to win, and it will be a long way back to the number one ranking, but if anybody can do it, Maria Sharapova can. Only Justine matches her single-minded focus and work ethic.

I love how she'll turn up to a showbiz gala looking like a catwalk model, because she brushes up well, and the rest of the time, including at press conferences and on the tennis court, is content to look spotty and greasy-haired. It's the sign of a girl who knows where her priorities are, and more power to her.

Forever More
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM

Just look at that sun damage. :tape::help:

I feel really bad for Maria. She was so adorable in 2004 and before, but since 2005, she has really been looking rough. Her eyes always looks like she is high, the bags and dark circles under her eyes looks like she hasn't slept in years, her poor sun-damaged skin with the acne, and her hair is so thin and whispy. I am seriously not being hateful, but these are all the things I see on her. I wish her the best though! :)

OsloErik
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I don't usually weigh in on looks, but here's my take on the top 10 girls:

Henin, Kuznetsova, and Bartoli don't really care all that much.

The tall ones (Venus, Maria, Daniela, Ana) all have positives and negatives. I find Venus extremely attractive, both in how she dresses and her face. I think she and Daniela are too thin, though. They have long legs, but they have very thin legs. Maria and Ana have more shapely legs, Maria's probably just a slight bit more attractive in my mind, but Ivanovic has (in my opinion) the nicer looking face. Maria has a vaguely feline thing, which is attractive in some shots but not in others. When her hair is curly, she looks great because it frames her face very well. When it's straight or tied back, less interesting. Ivanovic has a great looking face no matter what's going on. She's the only player who still looks attractive while hitting the tennis ball.

The shorter girls (Serena, Chaky, and Jelena) also have some positives and negatives. Serena is obvious: either you like curvy women, or you don't. I do. I think she exaggerates it with the way she dresses, which contributes to the illusion that she's overweight. Chakvetadze has a fantastic face, those eyes are stunning, stunning, stunning. She's replaced Myskina and Mauresmo as queen of the eyes.

Jankovic is, in my opinion, the true stunner of the top 10. She's got an absolutely fan-tastic body. Nothing to complain about anywhere, she has perfectly shaped legs (running will do that) for her height, and her proportions are all perfect. Facially, she has a very, very unique look, which makes her REALLY stand out from the rest of the top 10. Like Serena, either you like it or you don't. I happen to like Jelena's face (when she smiles).

But really, give me the days of Amanda Coetzer and Gabriela Sabatini. The 90's, now THAT was an attractive decade.

serenus_2k8
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I think that JJ compensates for her looks with her personality...otherwise lookswise I dont think she could compete...

Dan23
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Just look at that sun damage. :tape::help:

I feel really bad for Maria. She was so adorable in 2004 and before, but since 2005, she has really been looking rough. Her eyes always looks like she is high, the bags and dark circles under her eyes looks like she hasn't slept in years, her poor sun-damaged skin with the acne, and her hair is so thin and whispy. I am seriously not being hateful, but these are all the things I see on her. I wish her the best though! :)
you could just as easily ask what sun damage???
its just a matter of lighting and conditions....she looks perfectly fine and healthy in person

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8744/mas11jb0.jpg

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I usually try not to comment too much on players' appearance, but Shriekapova has traded a lot on her so-called golden girl looks. Well, those looks seem to have faded dramatically at the YEC today. Maybe the genes are starting to kick in. Ivanovic and Hantuchova are much prettier girls, but only Ivanovic is getting any publicity on her looks (her stronger record may have something to do with it). OK, back to regular tennis!

i feel u but ivanovic is mad pretty...until she opens her mouth. lol after that she sound just like a 12 yr old girl who wearin her first bra. i'm not hatin ana fans! :wavey: your girl is bland. :shrug: jankovic otoh may not be as pretty but homegirl got mad personality and her accent is even cute after awhile. :p

switz
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:39 AM
:eek: maria has dark hair and a larger forehead now!

nar she's just a boyish physique and skin issues without case of makeup on her face :)

wow i'm a bitch :o

switz
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:41 AM
oh but both are stunning in comparison to most. this notion that either is "average" is ridiculous.

Wayn77
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Jankovic is, in my opinion, the true stunner of the top 10. She's got an absolutely fan-tastic body. Nothing to complain about anywhere, she has perfectly shaped legs (running will do that) for her height, and her proportions are all perfect. Facially, she has a very, very unique look, which makes her REALLY stand out from the rest of the top 10. Like Serena, either you like it or you don't. I happen to like Jelena's face (when she smiles).

Couldn't have put it any better myself. :hearts:

It's all a matter of taste. Jankovic has a beautiful exotic face.

Libertango
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
can't we just say both Ana and Maria are gorgeous ... becuase really, they are (IMO) ... and Venus, and Dani and JJ and Lena D and Anna K and Serena and ...

Dan23
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
nar she's just a boyish physique and skin issues with case of maekup on her face :)

wow i'm a bitch :oim sure glad I didnt look this 'boyish' when I was a boy :p :lol:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3788/mar12vl7.jpg

LANGAM
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I don't usually weigh in on looks, but here's my take on the top 10 girls:

Henin, Kuznetsova, and Bartoli don't really care all that much.

The tall ones (Venus, Maria, Daniela, Ana) all have positives and negatives. I find Venus extremely attractive, both in how she dresses and her face. I think she and Daniela are too thin, though. They have long legs, but they have very thin legs. Maria and Ana have more shapely legs, Maria's probably just a slight bit more attractive in my mind, but Ivanovic has (in my opinion) the nicer looking face. Maria has a vaguely feline thing, which is attractive in some shots but not in others. When her hair is curly, she looks great because it frames her face very well. When it's straight or tied back, less interesting. Ivanovic has a great looking face no matter what's going on. She's the only player who still looks attractive while hitting the tennis ball.

The shorter girls (Serena, Chaky, and Jelena) also have some positives and negatives. Serena is obvious: either you like curvy women, or you don't. I do. I think she exaggerates it with the way she dresses, which contributes to the illusion that she's overweight. Chakvetadze has a fantastic face, those eyes are stunning, stunning, stunning. She's replaced Myskina and Mauresmo as queen of the eyes.

But really, give me the days of Amanda Coetzer and Gabriela Sabatini. The 90's, now THAT was an attractive decade.

Nice post :wavey: