PDA

View Full Version : I said enough with this "poor Martina is innocent"!

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I have refrained from saying anything about this case, but now I am tired of hearing how poor Martina is innocent. The same people beating this innocent drum would have been lynching other top players, say Sharapova or Williams in similar circumstance.
I say enough already!
Whether she took it for performance enhancement or recreational purposes is beside the point. She is a world class athlete making more money than 90% of the rest of the world population can only dream of and if one of her obligations is to keep herself clean from drugs, then she should either do it or butt off the sports.
Having been caught and crying wolf now is really irritating. Didnt we hear from her manager say that she only knew about the results of the tests in september. So tell me, when did she take the hair test?
Immediately she submitted the urine in July, knowing what the results are going to look like or months later in september, when she heard about the results?
I said enough!
Martina's ego has always been her undoing. Maybe she cant live with being an also-ran or whatever her problem is.
I find it extremely stupid, that she goes and tarnishes her image, reputation and achievement for what?
For the love of the sport. Yea right!

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM
wow you are passionate about that!!!!!

must say i agree though

Infiniti2001
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I have refrained from saying anything about this case, but now I am tired of hearing how poor Martina is innocent. The same people beating this innocent drum would have been lynching other top players, say Sharapova or Williams in similar circumstance. No SHIT!!! :rolleyes:
I say enough already!
Whether she took it for performance enhancement or recreational purposes is beside the point. She is a world class athlete making more money than 90% of the rest of the world population can only dream of and if one of her obligations is to keep herself clean from drugs, then she should either do it or butt off the sports.
Having been caught and crying wolf now is really irritating. Didnt we hear from her manager say that she only knew about the results of the tests in september. So tell me, when did she take the hair test?
Immediately she submitted the urine in July, knowing what the results are going to look like or months later in september, when she heard about the results?
I said enough!
Martina's ego has always been her undoing. Maybe she cant live with being an also-ran or whatever her problem is.
I find it extremely stupid, that she goes and tarnishes her image, reputation and achievement for what?

:worship: :worship:

Olórin
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I have refrained from saying anything about this case, but now I am tired of hearing how poor Martina is innocent. The same people beating this innocent drum would have been lynching other top players, say Sharapova or Williams in similar circumstance.
I say enough already!
I said enough!

I have been defending Martina, and I would defend the sisters to the death if they got accused of using drugs, performance enhancing or not. Same with Maria, I'd never condemn her.

matija-seles
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
and you are, who exactly?

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:09 PM

What gets me, is while going through the process of proving with hair tests and such that the urine tests in July (both of them!!!! and who knows when the second one was done???) were somehow inaccurate, this information would never have been released! She decided to release it and then suddenly retire. The WTA head Larry Scott didn't even know the result before being informed by the Hingis camp.

I don't know all of the rules, but if the information is to be kept quiet, doesn't it seem weird that the powers that be would not allow her to play while she was challenging the findings (as some have written here)? You'd think that they'd let her play as long as the challenge was ongoing.

Her sudden retirement makes no sense. The arguments here that she wanted to retire anyway, don't make sense as she could have just retired and waited about the cocaine test results until her challenge was completed, so that it wouldn't seem that she's being forced to retire because of drug use. The way this thing has progressed makes no logical sense to me. Hingis is causing a lot of her own grief it seems. :help: :tape:

Whatever, I agree 100% with what you've written. :worship:

VishaalMaria
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I've been defending Martina because I really believe she is innocent. If she is this successful, then why did she feel the need to revert to drugs? It just doesn't make sense to me. I see your point. But I'm still going to see her as innocent. Fan or not.

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I have been defending Martina, and I would defend the sisters to the death if they got accused of using drugs, performance enhancing or not. Same with Maria, I'd never condemn her.

Why?
because the tests were manipulated to hurt "poor" Martina.
Every athlete caught with drugs have always given the same shitty excuse. At the end of the day, they have been guilty.
I would never defend any athlete cheating. That is the loewest of the lowest and defending the indefensible.
But each to his own

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Somebody with a bit of objectivity. Go check the meaning in the dictionary:rolleyes:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:22 PM

I admire you for not condemning, but I'd never defend another person without any facts, because the only person you can be totally sure of is yourself. Nope, I can only know for sure what I have done, never another person.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I say enough already!
I said enough!

:p Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one:p :cool:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I've been defending Martina because I really believe she is innocent. If she is this successful, then why did she feel the need to revert to drugs? It just doesn't make sense to me. I see your point. But I'm still going to see her as innocent. Fan or not.

Why does anybody do so called "recreational" drugs? Because they feel good! Until they bite you in the butt.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM

I guess you're joking, but can't ONE thread on this board not revert into personal insults, and just be one of respectful discussion?! :help: :confused:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I guess you're joking, but can't ONE thread on this board not revert into personal insults, and just be one of respectful discussion?! :help: :confused:

I just quoted the thread starter's signature :shrug:

Myggen
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I say enough already!
I said enough!

I don't care if she has taken this or that or what she is saying. But if I want to say something about it, who are you to tell me I can't? Back off.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM

As if Sharapova and Williams don't enjoy that shit. :rolleyes: We're freakin' sports fans and sport fans talk a lot of shit. You're acting like that there isn't a bunch of haters having multiple orgasms right now because Hingis is going out like this. Get real dude! We love to love and love to hate. Shit happens so just deal with it that the Hingis fans have their girl's back.

:rocker:

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM
very original. Try again:tape:

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I don't care if she has taken this or that or what she is saying. But if I want to say something about it, who are you to tell me I can't? Back off.
You sure you understood my post?

Billabong
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Why?
Every athlete caught with drugs have always given the same shitty excuse. At the end of the day, they have been guilty.
I would never defend any athlete cheating. That is the loewest of the lowest and defending the indefensible.
But each to his own

If you believe Martina took cocaine to enhance her performance, then hell you don't know what you're talking about. If any athlete wanted to enhance their performance, cocaine would be among the last drugs they would use.

kabuki
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Again, I just think the rush to judgement is a mistake.

You could easily say the same about the rush to defense by some, but rushing to Martina's defense wont result in the victimization of a (possibly) innocent party.

Ryan
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Somebody with a bit of objectivity. Go check the meaning in the dictionary:rolleyes:

You're not being objective, you are spouting your own opinion. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not objective. :shrug: I think its unfair to say that we would all be lynching (nice choice of words...) Venus or any other top player who was accused of this - you dont know that. This is a serious allegation and I personally would believe any top player innocent until proven guilty (unless its Sesil maybe, haha).

franny
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Why?
But each to his own

At the end of the day, "many" have been guilty, but many also have not been. You can't deduce that just because someone tested positive that they must have also taken the drug. The player still has the ability to prove her innocence. I just want to say that just within the last 5-7 years there have been two major cases of players testing positive but then was able to retain their innocence. Greg Rusedski and Svetlana Kuznetsova both "tested" positive for performance enhancing drugs and both ultimately were innocent.

harloo
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM

Honestly, when Martina revealed her positive test I thought if this were one of the sisters would they receive this much sympathy? It was kind of disgusting seeing the sisters harshest critics expressing their sorrow over Martina's revelation.

Then I thought about it and decided not to get into calling Martina a crackhead, coke head, or participate in the many threads that denigrated her. If I did that would make me just as bad as the others. Usually, I'd join right in but something about potential drug use is no laughing matter to me.
While I don't necessarily believe Martina's story she can pursue this case legally to clear her name. Personally, I feel Martina dabbled with recreational drugs like many young rich millionaires who live under the spotlight. It was a mistake and I hope she comes clean to the public because many people will forgive her.

Max565
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Not everybody is supporting 'poor' Martina. There are already a few posters here who don't and a lot of Hingis haters have died and gone to heaven because of this scandal. Regarding the first post... well I don't see a lot of objectivity in it. It sounds like a rant and why can't we support Hingis if we want to?! We can't tell if she's 100% innocent or guilty... and is it her fault that she is more well-liked than the Williams and Sharapova? Even so, Serena, Venus, Sharapova still have a lot of devoted fans who will support them.

Slutiana
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM

agreed.

Olórin
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Honestly, when Martina revealed her positive test I thought if this were one of the sisters would they receive this much sympathy? It was kind of disgusting seeing the sisters harshest critics expressing their sorrow over Martina's revelation.

A lot of people on here are hypocritical arseholes, partictularly when it comes to the WS. What more can be said :shrug:

But like you I choose not to sink to their level. I consider myself relatively fair, and I just wanted to point out to the OP that some people like me are defending Martina as we genuinely believe her.

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
If you believe Martina took cocaine to enhance her performance, then hell you don't know what you're talking about. If any athlete wanted to enhance their performance, cocaine would be among the last drugs they would use.
Read my post again. I dont give a rats ass why she took it. She was not supposed to, but apparently she did and should bear the consequence.

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:25 PM
You're not being objective, you are spouting your own opinion. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not objective. :shrug: I think its unfair to say that we would all be lynching (nice choice of words...) Venus or any other top player who was accused of this - you dont know that. This is a serious allegation and I personally would believe any top player innocent until proven guilty (unless its Sesil maybe, haha).
So Sesil doped and got tested twice just like Hingis. Both times, the test were positive and everybody believed that she was guilty.
Martina may not seem like somebody who does drugs, but the facts are there.
She had a first and second tests and both were positive. That she continued protesting her innocence is normal with athletes.
Hell, if you were giving them the lethal injection, they will still protest their innocence, that is why, I will go with the facts and not with the emotion.

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:31 PM
At the end of the day, "many" have been guilty, but many also have not been. You can't deduce that just because someone tested positive that they must have also taken the drug. The player still has the ability to prove her innocence. I just want to say that just within the last 5-7 years there have been two major cases of players testing positive but then was able to retain their innocence. Greg Rusedski and Svetlana Kuznetsova both "tested" positive for performance enhancing drugs and both ultimately were innocent.
Excuse me, but 2 tests were carried out. According to Martina herself she tested her self with her own hair and found it negative.
Her manager said, they were told of the results in september.
So forgive me for asking this how come and when did she did her own test- right after the first positive test or after the second positive test? Did she do her own test after learning of the result in september?
Her story and defence doesnt add up and leads me to believe that she did the drugs, perhaps not for performance purposes, but she did it anyway. Therein lies the problem, not why:rolleyes:

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Then I thought about it and decided not to get into calling Martina a crackhead, coke head, or participate in the many threads that denigrated her. If I did that would make me just as bad as the others. Usually, I'd join right in but something about potential drug use is no laughing matter to me.
While I don't necessarily believe Martina's story she can pursue this case legally to clear her name. Personally, I feel Martina dabbled with recreational drugs like many young rich millionaires who live under the spotlight. It was a mistake and I hope she comes clean to the public because many people will forgive her.

I would never call her such names, neither did I call Sesil such names either.
I do not support cheating in sports and I have a hard time reading all the "poor" Martina threads, that is why I started this thread:(

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Not everybody is supporting 'poor' Martina. There are already a few posters here who don't and a lot of Hingis haters have died and gone to heaven because of this scandal. Regarding the first post... well I don't see a lot of objectivity in it. It sounds like a rant and why can't we support Hingis if we want to?! We can't tell if she's 100% innocent or guilty... and is it her fault that she is more well-liked than the Williams and Sharapova? Even so, Serena, Venus, Sharapova still have a lot of devoted fans who will support them.
No it is not her fault that she is "more well-liked than the Williams and Sharapova".
Still, we are talking about a serious offense here that puts the whole sport in jeopardy and people cant see above their plate rims:rolleyes:

Ryan
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
So Sesil doped and got tested twice just like Hingis. Both times, the test were positive and everybody believed that she was guilty.
Martina may not seem like somebody who does drugs, but the facts are there.
She had a first and second tests and both were positive. That she continued protesting her innocence is normal with athletes.
Hell, if you were giving them the lethal injection, they will still protest their innocence, that is why, I will go with the facts and not with the emotion.

You're so stupid. Its ONE test, divided into two samples. Both samples, from ONE test, came back positive. The hair test done after hearing news about the first sample, was negative.

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:44 PM
You're so stupid. Its ONE test, divided into two samples. Both samples, from ONE test, came back positive. The hair test done after hearing news about the first sample, was negative.
And you are an imbecile, because you are incapable of discussing in a civilised manner. Get lost!:devil:

Ryan
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
And you are an imbecile, because you are incapable of discussing in a civilised manner. Get lost!:devil:

You just cant refute anything I said, so you ignore my post. Makes sense, this this whole thread is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
You just cant refute anything I said, so you ignore my post. Makes sense, this this whole thread is ridiculous. :rolleyes:
I choose not to refute, because you have shown your immaturity and I am not interested in discussing with people, who are quick to start calling names unneccessarily:devil:

Billabong
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:51 PM
No it is not her fault that she is "more well-liked than the Williams and Sharapova".
Still, we are talking about a serious offense here that puts the whole sport in jeopardy and people cant see above their plate rims:rolleyes:

What you don't understand is that people are aware of the problem that drugs represent, but intelligent people won't immediately jump on Hingis because MANY details of this story are missing, a lot of elements don't make sense in this whole affair, the anti-doping authorities still have said NOTHING and the WTA knows as much as we know... So far we only have Martina's version, noone else has added to what she said so far, some people tend to believe she's innocent (because so many things just don't make sense to be true) and some people want to know more before commentating, and that's absolutely normal. So stop attacking everyone who doesn't agree with you, nobody knows the truth and we're all waiting for more details and developments. But if we want to believe Martina is innocent, that's our intuition and opinion and you'll have to accept it.

thrust
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:59 PM

Unfortunately, NO

servenrichie
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM
What you don't understand is that people are aware of the problem that drugs represent, but intelligent people won't immediately jump on Hingis because MANY details of this story are missing, a lot of elements don't make sense in this whole affair, the anti-doping authorities still have said NOTHING and the WTA knows as much as we know... So far we only have Martina's version, noone else has added to what she said so far, some people tend to believe she's innocent (because so many things just don't make sense to be true) and some people want to know more before commentating, and that's absolutely normal. So stop attacking everyone who doesn't agree with you, nobody knows the truth and we're all waiting for more details and developments. But if we want to believe Martina is innocent, that's our intuition and opinion and you'll have to accept it.
Fair enough. The only thing we knew is what she has said so far. Unfortunately, they only stack up against her. It is also cool to want to believe in her innocence, because of the emotions involved. The hard facts so far, which she made public herself speaks against her. So forgive the cynics amongst us.
And I do not attack everybody who does not agree with me. As I said, I got fed up with all the "poor" Martina threads.
You dont have to agree with me, but you will have to accept it.

Billabong
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Fair enough. The only thing we knew is what she has said so far. Unfortunately, they only stack up against her. It is also cool to want to believe her innocence, because of the emotions involved. The hard facts so far, which she made public herself speaks against her. So forgive the cynics amongst us.
And I do not attack everybody who does not agree with me. As I said, I got fed up with all the "poor" Martina threads.
You dont have to agree with me, but you will have to accept it.

Ohh I accept it, don't worry. When this affair appeared in the news, I knew a lot of people would still not believe her. But for me, Martina can still be innocent. We don't know about the specific circumstances of the hair test she took, she just hired an attorney to prove her innocence and seems ready to fight, from our exterior point of view Martina isn't exactly the kind of person who would use drugs, let alone coke (and that's why a lot of people are still in shock, I agree noone knows her personally though), why would she use coke during a Grand Slam is an even bigger mystery, and the fact that the anti-doping authorities are still silent and the WTA knows nothing add to the possibility that she's maybe not guilty (hopefully we'll know more soon). What goes against her is the fact that both her samples were apparently positive and at first she seemed to give up on the case and not fight, which would have certainly cast an even bigger doubt. But there's still a chance she's innocent, and we're certainly hoping she is. The fact that about 70% of this board feel bad about her situation (there's a poll) show that there are enough elements that could prove she's not guilty. The other 30% are "cynics" like you (as you said youself) and her haters of course.

mykarma
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:08 AM
:lol:

mykarma
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM
People do coke because they like the high it gives them. .

Jankofun
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:23 AM
wow you are passionate about that!!!!!

must say i agree thoughI don't understand the passion either, and i don't agree , Martina is just a human like the rest of us, easily possible that she took something just to enjoy life. Cocaine is hardly a way to enhance tennis performance (much better ways to accomplish this) so either she didn't take anything at all or it was for recreational purposes which doesn't bother me.

mykarma
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
You're joking, right. :lol:

Ryan
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:37 AM
I choose not to refute, because you have shown your immaturity and I am not interested in discussing with people, who are quick to start calling names unneccessarily:devil:

I didn't call you names, I just said you were stupid. Stupid isn't a name. If I called you a retard, or a douchebag, or a waste-of-life, then I'd be calling you names. I think you're acting pretty immature, throwing a temper tantrum because people choose to support Hingis in her attempt to prove herself innocent on drug charges.

mykarma
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Ohh I accept it, don't worry. When this affair appeared in the news, I knew a lot of people would still not believe her. But for me, Martina can still be innocent. We don't know about the specific circumstances of the hair test she took, she just hired an attorney to prove her innocence and seems ready to fight, from our exterior point of view Martina isn't exactly the kind of person who would use drugs, let alone coke (and that's why a lot of people are still in shock, I agree noone knows her personally though), why would she use coke during a Grand Slam is an even bigger mystery, and the fact that the anti-doping authorities are still silent and the WTA knows nothing add to the possibility that she's maybe not guilty (hopefully we'll know more soon). What goes against her is the fact that both her samples were apparently positive and at first she seemed to give up on the case and not fight, which would have certainly cast an even bigger doubt. But there's still a chance she's innocent, and we're certainly hoping she is. The fact that about 70% of this board feel bad about her situation (there's a poll) show that there are enough elements that could prove she's not guilty. The other 30% are "cynics" like you (as you said youself) and her haters of course.
I think that is exactly what made people doubt her. I don't like her, but according to what I've read, it appears to me that she's guilty. Even so, I hope for her sake that she's innocent.

partbrit
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:07 AM
What is not "innocent" is to classify cocaine as a performance-enhancing drug.

What is not "innocent" is the drug-testing powers-that-be and their terrible record for lying, harrassing, assaulting, and refusing to admit when they have made a mistake.

Whether Hingis used cocaine is irrelevant to me (http://womenwhoserve.blogspot.com/2007/11/one-way-or-other-hingis.html). If she did, she shouldn't be treated as someone who took a performance-enhancing drug. If she didn't, then she is just one more victim of a very untrustworthy system.

Eric_tennis
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Poor haters. I feel a deep sympathy for some of you, haters. :sad:

Martina's hair test was clean and will be. It's just a matter of silly legal case which will last several years.
It should turned out Martina was innocent,.. but still after several years long fighting and banning from the tour ,.... and lots of haters.

Polikarpov
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:51 AM
If you really think that the forum had already enough with this issue, then why bother creating another one?

harloo
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I would never call her such names, neither did I call Sesil such names either.
I do not support cheating in sports and I have a hard time reading all the "poor" Martina threads, that is why I started this thread:(

I wasn't referring to you servenrichie.:) When she made the announcement some posters started calling her a crackhead, coke head, etc. While I agree with you that cheaters should be held responsible for their actions I thought the name calling was ridiculous.

I also have a problem with the "woe as me" posts in regards to Martina. Instead of analyzing the situation and just admitting that she made a mistake some people chose to proclaim her innocence. If this were another top player the gloves would be off for most of these posters, the truth is that Martina most likely experimented with a recreational drug. If it were performance enhancing drug maybe my opinion would be much harsher.

griffin
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Martina's hair test was clean ...

Has anyone actually seen the results for this hair test? Have Team Hingis published the results or even indicated where it was performed?

Anyone know?

markspot
Nov 10th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Martina most likely experimented with a recreational drug. If it were performance enhancing drug maybe my opinion would be much harsher.

Cocaine is a stimulant and as such is probably considered to be a performance enhancing drug, not a recreational drug. Otherwise, why is it forbidden?
Because high on cocaine you could miss the ball entirely and get injured?
For injury prevention?

But as a stimulant cocaine makes sense only when used in relatively low doses, for example,
in the form of coca leaves.
I'm not sure if it is easy to get the correct dosage for performance enhancement from a refined product, especially if it is of an underground origin of unknown concentration and purity.

Max565
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:19 PM
You're joking, right. :lol:

No, with all the popularity polls here, and Hingis always ranking amongst the more liked ones...