PDA

View Full Version : Model Gisele Bundchen refuses to be paid in dollars, demands payment in euros! DIVA!

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Gisele Bundchen dumps the dollar, demands payment in euros

Bloomberg News reports that Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen refuses to be paid in dollars. In addition to landing undefeated (9-0) New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady -- although that relationship could be on the rocks -- she is one savvy currency trader.

Gisele Bundchen is proving to be a shrewd analyst of the U.S. dollar's weakness. When Bundchen signed a contract in August to represent Pantene hair products for Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), she demanded payment in euros. She'll also get euros for the deal she reached last October with Dolce & Gabbana SpA in Milan to promote the Italian designer's new fragrance.

"Contracts starting now are more attractive in euros because we don't know what will happen to the dollar," Patricia Bundchen, the model's twin sister and manager in Brazil, said in a telephone interview in September from Sao Paulo.

Those Bundchens are smart cookies! Too bad I can't say the same for Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and his strong dollar policy.

SloKid
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Smart girl. :cool:

Infiniti2001
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM

How so? Her contract is for her to get paid in US $ right? So if the amount is based on the current exchange rate she will actually gain nada :lol: Anyway, how can this materialize when she's working for a US company? :help:

Wigglytuff
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:02 PM
How so? Her contract is for her to get paid in US $ right? So if the amount is based on the current exchange rate she will actually gain nada :lol: Anyway, how can this materialize when she's working for a US company? :help:

i was going to say strt girl, but now not so much. the weak dollar sucks for me too but thats life. suck it up girl.

Sam L
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Well I would fire her if I were her boss. You don't want USD? There's the door.

Anyway, I read that she's a high-class whore now? :confused:

SloKid
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM
How so? Her contract is for her to get paid in US $ right? So if the amount is based on the current exchange rate she will actually gain nada :lol:
Even so, chances are the current exchange is better than tomorrow's etc. So it's a safer move, not to mention if she wants to make the Euro the future contract currency.

Infiniti2001
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Even so, chances are the current exchange is better than tomorrow's etc. So it's a safer move, not to mention if she wants to make the Euro the future contract currency.

But the Euro itself is taking a dive :shrug: Look, I'm not against her for trying to butter her bread even more, but the fact is she works for an American company. If she doesn't want to get paid in American $, then she shouldn't peddle American goods :D

Qrystyna
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:58 PM
If she was REALLY smart, she would have asked for her payment in British pounds.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I get paid in Canadian dollars which are worth more then American! :ras: :nerner: :haha:

Just Do It
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM

Of course :)

CondiLicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
If she was REALLY smart, she would have asked for her payment in British pounds.

Exactly. A Brit goes to America and they are TWICE as rich.

miffedmax
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
All my rich, clever relatives stayed in Canada.

LoveFifteen
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Exactly. A Brit goes to America and they are TWICE as rich.

Not to be rude, but that's an incorrect analysis. You have to take cost of living factors into account.

Expat
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Not to be rude, but that's an incorrect analysis. You have to take cost of living factors into account.
true
living in london is awfully expensive
even CA or NY are cheaper

CondiLicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM

I'm on about vacation. Whenever I'm in the US (spend half the year there) my money goes twice as far as it does in the UK. And yeah... not to be rude but you pretty much insinuated I'm a 'tard.

Apoleb
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:59 PM
true
living in london is awfully expensive
even CA or NY are cheaper

Well she's talking about a Brit earning money in the UK and living in the US not in London. What you're saying actually supports her point. The pounds that you earn in the UK value a lot more in the US, especially that even when you take the exchange rate in consideration, the UK is still more expensive. Don't know if I made the idea clear.

Slumpsova
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:57 PM
European wannabe :rolleyes:

njnetswill
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:15 AM
The US dollar sucks. Even the Canadian dollar is worth more. :help:

mirzalover
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I dont see why she cares so much anyway, she makes more thn enough money based on her looks. I doubt the difference between the dollar euro and pound will make or break her bank account.

another day
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:55 AM
The US dollar sucks. Even the Canadian dollar is worth more. :help:

:o :help:

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:23 AM
yo miss gisele just convert the paper! c'mon now. it aint that serious cuz your size zero ass still gettin paid. :tape:

griffin
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I think they should pay her in cupcakes.

Infiniti2001
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I think they should pay her in cupcakes.

:lol:

LoveFifteen
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'm on about vacation. Whenever I'm in the US (spend half the year there) my money goes twice as far as it does in the UK. And yeah... not to be rude but you pretty much insinuated I'm a 'tard.

I didn't insinuate that you were a 'tard. I am merely stating that British people do not become twice a rich when they come to US just because one pound equals two dollars. Your money certainly goes farther here, but the extent of that is determined by which US city you are in.

victory1
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I didn't insinuate that you were a 'tard. I am merely stating that British people do not become twice a rich when they come to US just because one pound equals two dollars. Your money certainly goes farther here, but the extent of that is determined by which US city you are in.

San Francisco, Boston, New York City to name a few. My cousin lives in Boston and have a lttle over 500 sq ft condo for $430,000. I told her that she was crazy; no way in hell would I live in such a small place for so much money. I would learn to love southern cities!:lol:

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:57 PM
San Francisco, Boston, New York City to name a few. My cousin lives in Boston and have a lttle over 500 sq ft condo for $430,000. I told her that she was crazy; no way in hell would I live in such a small place for so much money. I would learn to love southern cities!:lol:

you aint said nothin but a word! don't sleep on the south! the atl is the ish and my peeps in charlotte gots a big ass house livin next to somebody in the nfl and they only paid 170000!!!

Infiniti2001
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Crazy shit :eek: That $430,000 can give her a 4 bedroom , 4 bath house with a pool here in Florida

Haute
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:25 PM

That was the great thing about China: whether we were in Beijing, Kunming, or Shanghai we still made away like bandits. :lol:

mirzalover
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:43 AM
you aint said nothin but a word! don't sleep on the south! the atl is the ish and my peeps in charlotte gots a big ass house livin next to somebody in the nfl and they only paid 170000!!!

I'm in charlotte now. Do they live in Provedence.

williams.i.am
Nov 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'm in charlotte now. Do they live in Provedence.

no, my peeps live in concord over the by that lowe's racetrack. my aunt and uncle gotta nice house but it is my girl malika and her husband and 2 kids who got the big ass house. 5 bedrooms, 3 and a half bathrooms, big ass backyard overlookin a creek. honey they paid less than $200000 for that house which they bought in '04. and charlotte is on the come up and the atl is only 4 hrs away. :)