PDA

View Full Version : Do players get to keep their trophies?

lympyisthebest
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:43 AM
After a player wins a tournament, do they get to keep the trophy they are presented with at the trophy ceremony? Or do they keep a replica afterwards. I know at the Grand Slams, they are given a smaller sized replica, and at ATP Masters events, they get presented with the same ugly glass(?) trophies.

faboozadoo15
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:46 AM
It depends on what kind of trophy is is.

I assume they keep crystal bowls, art, and things like that.
They don't keep trophies that are engraved and represented. In that case, they get a replica.

Geisha
Nov 6th, 2007, 07:09 AM
I know at Wimbledon, the champions get a smaller replicer of the dish. I think that is the case with most of the tournaments.

azza
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Lame. that defeats the purpose of getting a trophy.

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM
You don't get the trophy, that's not what winning tournaments are. It's the level of prestige, prize money, seeing your name being engraved, just the feeling of winning. I don't think players just win tournies to get the trophy.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:47 AM
For me, getting a replica seems like "asking for gold, but getting lead instead". It seems so.... worthless. :rolleyes:

Philip
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:18 AM
When youre winnin $1,000,000 for your usopen title, i doubt it would all seem worthless :p

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM
When youre winnin $1,000,000 for your usopen title, i doubt it would all seem worthless :p

Money is temporary. Trophies are eternal :p

up!
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have any pics of a player and her trophy room ??

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
^^^
I remember Justine showing all her replicas of Slams won (and her gold medal too) in "No Strings Attached"... but sadly I can't find any pic of it... :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:58 AM
What would they do with these huge trophies? This is for Hobart

http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/94176.jpg

Just_lindsay
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:01 PM
What would they do with these huge trophies? This is for Hobart

http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/94176.jpg

Burn it! :fiery:

DragonFlame
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
For me, getting a replica seems like "asking for gold, but getting lead instead". It seems so.... worthless. :rolleyes:

yeah but wouldn't it be stupid if there were more then 50 venus rosewater dishes:help: That would so NOT make it unique. I think players find it a lot more worthy if their name is engraved just on the 1.:)

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:00 PM
yeah but wouldn't it be stupid if there were more then 50 venus rosewater dishes:help: That would so NOT make it unique. I think players find it a lot more worthy if their name is engraved just on the 1.:)

agree....:)

brent-o
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Use it for firewood!

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:56 PM

True!!! :worship:

Vlad Tepes
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM

Use it for firewood!

Throwing that thing in the fireplace would keep her warm all winter! :lol: