PDA

View Full Version : How much do players get in Prize Money?

Kevin.
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Is there somewhere I can get it at Wtatour.com??

Vlad Tepes
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Go to a player's profile and choose activity - you'll get all their tournament results with the prize money for each tournament.

There is also a ranking with prize money leaders for this season and all-time :)

drake3781
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:38 PM
And at the bottom of draw sheets, it shows the prize money (and points) by result.

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I'd like to see the money breakdown too.
I think it's $1 million to the winner. $500,000 to the finalist.
$250,000 to the semi finalists. $100,000 for being there.
Alternates get $10,000.
I think if you win one match, you get $130,000

Kevin.
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks everyone

I was calculating money for my game in Pro Tour
join please :D

Kevin.
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:32 PM
what about for grand slams?

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:53 PM
The slams are all a little different. The USO paid about $1.4 million to the winners. The AO paid about $950,000 to the winners.
First round losers get about $15,000.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/about/history/prizemoney.html

Bingain
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Kev

For male players, you can go to http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/ . Pick a player and check his Playing Activity (under More Info tab). That page will list all his tournaments as well as points and prize money earned in each. It doesn't show breakdowns by each match, but if you want to know how much one earns by just showing up in the US Open and getting beaten like a fool on first sight, you can check for a player who gets knocked out in 1R.

Sonyericssonwtatour.com also provides similar information for female players. For example, a couple of clicks and I've found out Martina Muller made $955 in Auckland by losing in the first round.

Alternatively, most tourney info sheets also provide information. For some of them, esp. the pro tour ones, you may have to be an ITF registered player to have access to.