PDA

View Full Version : Australians & People Of Other Regions: We Should All Complain To Fox Sports (No YEC)

Renalicious
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Fellow Australians, I don't know if you are as angry as me that there is NO way to watch the YEC here on TV whatsoever. They are so sexist, seriously. All they show is ATP :( The Paris Masters just ended and there's still a week till the Masters Cup. Why didn't they show the WTA YEC? :confused: They did last year :sad:

I think we should all email fox sports and hopefully try to persuade them into getting SOME form of airing on TV. I'd still appreciate if it wasn't even live, or even if they showed just a few matches, I just really wanna watch.

I tried to find their email here but failed to, see if you can...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/

Thankyou.

EDIT: Everyone, we have found an email (thanks to Bahriahn) - please email feedback@foxsports.com.au if you want WTA events to be shown!

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM
its the same thing down here with ESPN latinamerica....absolutely no women's tennis at all!!!! i agree it seems quite sexist i was thinking we should all write something as a group and complain

Renalicious
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Exactly, and I think it would be quite effective even if at least 15-20 people wrote to them.

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Im definatly in on that. They have 1 extra chanel this year so there i even more time to show some tennis yet they continue to show sports that only a small minority of that care for. They need to get their heads screwed on.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM
i can feel your pain....we should all do this soon cause i'm getting tired of watching only masters series

Renalicious
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Ugh, I know. Right now they have kick boxing, driving and athletics...later they have extreme sports...

GAH! I think they'd rather show an ITF Men's Tournie rather than the YEC. Grrr, they treat it like it's not even a real sport.

Renalicious
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM
i can feel your pain....we should all do this soon cause i'm getting tired of watching only masters series

I agree...but I still can't find the email on the page :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
i'm also trying to do the same thing :)

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:49 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=321566

With the introduction of the new channel today, we now actually have 5 sports channels, as well as two sports news channels, and they can't take a couple hours out of their fucking busy soccer schedule to put a couple WTA matches on. :mad:

Doc
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Go get em! They won't change until there is public demand.

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Trust me, they won't do anything for you.

Ntour
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM
seriously fox sports is crap

Reese_x
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Same for sports channels in Thailand and asia. They added 4 new channels and all they have on it is boxing, gold, football etc.. re runs all day. they cant even put in any LIVE wta tournaments other than grand slams (which is cut over by "more important" mens matches)
anyways i found a livestream site for Versus (a channel thats covering the YEC)
TVU Player (http://www.tvunetworks.com/) Download the program and you will find Versus on the sports tab.
Its working fine with awesome picture and audio. Hopefully it will work for all of you tomorrow.
enjoy :)

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks ^ My comp's slow though :sad:

Dan23
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:01 AM
There is darts and fishing scheduled to be shown this week on Fox Sports :o
I realise its not as simple as just putting tennis on (they need to purchase the rights etc) but surely its more worthwhile to show one of the biggest WTA events over replays of darts and fishing....

faboozadoo15
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Trust me, they won't do anything for you.

Maybe not today...
If everyone had such a poor attitude, they'd never know that there was something else their viewers wanted to see.

svetaisthebest
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I seriously think that we should complain .Its so stupid that they have no coverage whatsoever of the WTA even if they show just a few tournaments .I think its mainly because not many people are into tennis down here .Sports like rugby and cricket are more popular so they are probably worried about the amount of viewers .Even still I think they should try and include a few WTA tournaments every year or even include the Eurosport 1 and 2 channels in their packages becasue they have coverage of so many WTA matches .

Mikey.
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Fellow Australians, I don't know if you are as angry as me that there is NO way to watch the YEC here on TV whatsoever. They are so sexist, seriously. All they show is ATP :( The Paris Masters just ended and there's still a week till the Masters Cup. Why didn't they show the WTA YEC? :confused: They did last year :sad:

I think we should all email fox sports and hopefully try to persuade them into getting SOME form of airing on TV. I'd still appreciate if it wasn't even live, or even if they showed just a few matches, I just really wanna watch.

I tried to find their email here but failed to, see if you can...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/

Thankyou.

I totally agree. I've also been complaining in a few other threads about there is no WTA on Foxsports.

I got the sports package on Foxtel so I can watch the Grandslams. So other than the Grandslams... Foxsports is basically useless to me, unless I watch some ATP events. (Which I do only occasionally) So Iím paying an extra 15.95 bucks per month or whatever for the sport channels, just to watch the Grandslams for 8 weeks of the year. The other 44 weeks are just a waste of money really. I want more out of my money! It is really quite ridiculous they have no WTA!

If someone finds the email to contact Foxtel I will definitely complain. Does anyone have it?

Bahriahn
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
yes, i agree! i subscribed to foxtel so that i could watch the other grand slams. i've had foxtel for nearly 2 years, and although there have been times when they showed wta matches (e.g. birmingham this year and zurich last year) it has been few and far between.

i had a look at the fox sports website, and there are a couple of email addresses we may try to email.
theres feedback@foxsports.com.au and theres also the yourshout@foxsports.com.au email that appears in the newsbar on the foxsports news channel.

it is pretty ridiculous that they have 3 fox sports channel but little or no coverage of wta.
lets hope it works!

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Lmao Sex Talk is on right now. (on Versus)

Thanks for the emails, I think we should all email the 'feedback@foxsports.com.au' one, c'mon guys let's get started, they may not put on the YEC this year but hopefully the emails will help in the long run! :D

Mikey.
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM
ok I just sent an email to this one: feedback@foxsports.com.au. I hope I get a reply soon. Everyone should have thier turn and help us get the WTA on Foxtel!

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:37 AM
^ I think the 'yourshout' one is more suitable but I guess feedback could work as well. I'll my edit my first post and start emailing now.

Nikkiri
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I agree. It's bs i just sent them an email.

go hingis
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:43 AM
This has been the worst year for Women's tennis coverage on foxtel, they said it would get better in october but nothing. I can't believe how much advertising they did at the beginning of the year and they can't show one tournament.

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Ok, I have emailed them. It was pretty long. I hope I get a reply.

Bahriahn
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I know. There's more coverage of WTA on Eurosport News than anything foxsports has given us this year!
Aside from a measly one hour coverage of a birmingham QF, they really have not given any coverage of WTA matches. Even fox sports news just mentions results. they hardly even show highlights from matches. quite pathetic.

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Ugh, I know. I have to tune in and watch a whole cycle of news on Eurosport just to see glimpes of the matches. I also tune in to the Fox Sports news but all they say is the results etc. It's disgusting and I'm sick of it.

go hingis
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:11 AM
So who would we compain to about something like this FAIR TRADING? Apart from foxtel. Everything they say, advertise is a LIE.

kittyking
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Omg you tell me this just as I'm going to Australia tomorrow!

BOOOOOOOO Fox! Now I got no excuse, IM GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE ON THE BEACHES! (hope some nice kind aussie guy will keep me warm)

Edit: Sorry all you beautiful smart people like Bill and Laurie Dhue :drool:

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Oh what a surprise.

:rolleyes:

The WTA has been given crap all coverage this year.

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Please email people. :)

smit101
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Just sent an email...i also sent one to foxtel not just foxsports at this adress:

http://foxtel.com.au/CustomerAdvocacyProgramming.aspx

Although they don't reply i am hoping that someone may read it. Anyway i am really hoping they show more WTA next year but it is very unlikely but we have to say something.

Lets hope they read them!!

kittyking
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Please email people. :)

I did :)

(Attached was a link to this thread, Oooo I hope they join and give me a good rep!)

keirana332
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:24 AM
i sent them 4, one from me, one from each of my brothers and my mom haha

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:31 AM
^ You rock :lol:

Thanks everyone. :)

kittyking
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM
^ You rock :lol:

Thanks everyone. :)

The least I could do, I'm going to be an Aussie for 5 days :scared:

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:47 AM
That aint so bad :lol:

azza
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Coz mens tennis is BETTER :banana:

kittyking
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
That aint so bad :lol:

Hope not! (otherwise I'm racing to your place and hiding from everyone!)

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM
what about us with the ESPN latin american feed?? what do we do down here??? any other LA and Caribbean people here???

Renalicious
:lol: Nah, Australia's awesome. Well...most of the time. :p

BuTtErFrEnA
you should edit the thread of the title to include Latin Americans and Caribbean people

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
what about us with the ESPN latin american feed?? what do we do down here??? any other LA and Caribbean people here???

You can email here, I found one for you.

ms_support@espn.go.com

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
you should edit the thread of the title to include Latin Americans and Caribbean people

I changed the topic title, but I did 'People of Other Regions' instead.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are great ty!!!!

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:35 AM
It's ok :p

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:14 PM
any other latin americans?

aussie_fan
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM
It's pretty bad that an event like this doesn't get shown. Fox really should treat tennis fans better. Don't have foxtel anyway but for people who do, it really isn't right.

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I agree. What makes it all the more worse is that they show Men's tennis ONLY as well as fishing, darts, athletics and extreme sports. I mean seriously, darts have like 4 hours coverage a day!

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM
i sent a message :p got a reply...probably a generic reply :p

kittyking
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are great ty!!!!

Indeed he/she is :D

Привет
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I would like it if Foxtel got Eurosport. :)
I am interested in getting Selectv mainly for Eurosport. But there isn't much else that I would watch on the Selectv channels so if Foxtel were to get Eurosport than I would rather get Foxtel.

It is stupid that they don't show any womens tennis at all, but it's not surprising. I hope that all these emails do something to change their minds about how much womens tennis they show. If they got Eurosport as one of their channels I would be sold! :D

Renalicious
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM
i sent a message :p got a reply...probably a generic reply :p

What did they say?

aussie_fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I would say eurosport have the rights, because i looked in their tv guide for selecttv and they seem to have live coverage of it. Selecttv is barely anything, wish foxtel would just asborb it so fox can have europsort.

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I just sent them an email too. Hopefully this will give them some sort of message that people arent happy.

Martian Stacey
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Has anyone got a reply back from Fox Sports yet?

Mikey.
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:56 AM
LOL! This is so good. So many ppl sending emails. Good on ya guys! :bounce:

Ems__
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM
I've emailed too!

This is the only way, great thread!

Mikey.
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
OOOO! I GOT A REPLY ALREADY!!!! Here it is:

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback to FOX SPORTS.
Unfortunately FOX SPORTS does not have the rights to the WTA tournament this year.
We will, however, be getting the rights back for next year and therefore we will be able to show it then.
Kind Regards,
FOX SPORTS

I hope they do show more of the WTA next year... or there'll be hell to pay!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM
What did they say?

it was from mario and it said "dear kimmy lol :p"it will be sent to the appropriate people and that they appreciate my interest

Ems__
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Hi
Unfortunately FOX SPORTS does not have the rights to the WTA tournament this year.
We will, however, be getting the rights back for next year and therefore we will be able to show it then.
Kind Regards,
FOX SPORTS

Looks like I got the same response. At least we know they know, bastards! ;)

I feel stupid now seeing as I sent them uhm, not the nicest email in the world.

Martian Stacey
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:22 AM
OOOO! I GOT A REPLY ALREADY!!!! Here it is:

Hi,
Kind Regards,
FOX SPORTS

I hope they do show more of the WTA next year... or there'll be hell to pay!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
:woohoo: Let's hope it actually happens

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Hi
Kind Regards,
FOX SPORTS

Don't feel bad. :haha:

They are probably talking out their asses again like they did at the start of the year with 'We'll be showing much more WTA coverage' :rolleyes:

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I got the same feedback so that is good news. Hopefully we will have much more coverage next year.

Renalicious
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Yep I got the same. Well, that's good, at least 2008 will have the YEC. Good work guys, thank you for emailing them! I love you allll. :D

Renalicious
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:51 AM
it was from mario and it said "dear kimmy lol :p"it will be sent to the appropriate people and that they appreciate my interest

Well that's good :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe if I had Foxsport I'd be assed to complain. :p

Dan23
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Hi
Kind Regards,
FOX SPORTS

Their idea of covering it again is probably just showing a couple of delayed SF's and F's again like they used to. Dont feel bad about writing harshly to them because one day they might actually take notice.

btw by 'WTA tournament' do they just mean the YEC?? Covering the whole tour would be more preferable...

Renalicious
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I think they just mean the YEC yeah, but hopefully they remember us when making the schedule next time :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Hello Kimmy,

Thank you for contacting us. We value feedback and suggestions from our fans. Your suggestion regarding Women's Tennis is very much appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,
Mario
ESPN.comhttp://espn.go.com/

That's my message

aussie_fan
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Good to hear they might be getting WTA rights, hopefully i'll have foxtel next year, so that would be nice.

Renalicious
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Hello Kimmy,

Thank you for contacting us. We value feedback and suggestions from our fans. Your suggestion regarding Women's Tennis is very much appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,
Mario
ESPN.comhttp://espn.go.com/

That's my message

Well, that's pretty good. It's cool that these companies actually reply.

Bahriahn
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Yeh, they sent the same reply back to me as well!

At the very least it has made them aware that there is a demand for WTA. Hopefully their word that they "will be able to show it" next year actually materialises, and it's not just all talk.

I'm glad we at least made our voice heard and not just gave up and accepted the non-existent WTA coverage