PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hingis still in the rankings?

stefi62
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:37 AM
When Kim retired, she disappeared immediatly from the rankings. Hingis still is in it. Why? I thought you only had to announce it officially and your name was erased.... :confused:

Harvs
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
she has to send in paperwork or some shit... to make is 100% official lol...

petkoan
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM
but she won't make it because she will comeback ;-P the surprise of 2008 ;)

hingis44
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM
yes i think it not an official retirement, she has said that because she was sad and very nervous. Its her caracter!

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
You have to officially ask WTA to be taken off the rankings. I guess she hasn't gotten around to that yet (if she intends to do it anyway - she can just let her ranking drop normally if she wants).

pooh14
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
ranking would not be taken out for 1 year, unless the player requested to do so. at least that's what i know.

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:38 AM
ranking would not be taken out for 1 year, unless the player requested to do so. at least that's what i know.

That's correct. :)

vettipooh
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I also thought she would lose the 90 ranking points from wimbly, and have to give back the prize money. :confused: Or is that not until after the tribunal?

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM
She has to be proven guilty before that would happen, yeah.

sharapovarulz1
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Interesting!

MisterMan
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM
why would a player even CARE if her name is removed from the rankings ? Why fill out paperwork and requests when you can just go on with your life and let your name fall off gradually ?

Jorn
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
She has change her mind, now she wants to try to clear her name...

But it a 'wierd' case, why so many month before we get to know about that Wimby test, and she even herself had to tell the press...

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Because Hingis still has an ego.
Being ranked in the top 30 with all the things that happened to her this year is a triumph.

She's retired. If her ranking is still there in March though, then we might have to look at this topic again, just like it was looked when Lindsay retired and still had her ranking around.

MatchpointPRT
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I also thought she would lose the 90 ranking points from wimbly, and have to give back the prize money. :confused: Or is that not until after the tribunal?

How can they do that if nothing is proven?

griffin
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Yes, it's up to the player. Both Kimmie and Graf asked to have their names removed.

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
She has change her mind, now she wants to try to clear her name...

But it a 'wierd' case, why so many month before we get to know about that Wimby test, and she even herself had to tell the press...

She's still retired though, even if she is trying to clear her name.

friendsita
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
but she won't make it because she will comeback ;-P the surprise of 2008 ;)

I hope!!

swissmisshingis
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I hope!!

I know! I'll celebrate like it's the last day of my life if ever that happens :hearts:

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, it's up to the player. Both Kimmie and Graf asked to have their names removed.

Silvia did the same but Maggie who retired the previous week kept her name on the rankings

Andrew..
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM
The first time Martina retired, she let herself fall off the rankings. I actually remember the week she fell out of the top 100. She'll probably do the same thing this time around.