PDA

View Full Version : Info on the doubles Championships

stefi62
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I could not find many things from the official website but here are what I discovered today:

Seeds 1 are Black and Huber, and unexpectedly seeds 2 are Srebotnik and Sugiyama, and not Chan and Chuang who were the second team to qualify.

No ad, Super Tie break and Electronic Line Calling will be used for all matches.

More info can be found on www.blackandhuber.com

esdee
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think the doubles draw is made on Thursday. I believe there is no automatic placement of the 3rd and 4th seeds.

LegionArgentina
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I dont like the system of only 4team.

Natalicious
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM

me neither it sucks

AJZ.
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool that Ai & Kata are number two seeds... Won't have to face Bluber first.
But it doesn't matter, teams 3 & 4 are amazing anyways.
It's so hard to win YEC, even if it's only two matches.

I hate that it isn't full matches though.

*Jool*
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM
EVEN in the YEC, they're gonna use no ad and super TB ? WTF !!! :fiery:

Good luck Kata and Ai, win it girls !
fingers crossed

AJZ.
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:10 PM
It is stupid though, I mean really, three matches, and they're not playing singles for two weeks prior to this and two months after, they can and should use the traditional format.

Lindsayfanumber1
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
PAthetic WTA :tape:

stefi62
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
It is stupid though, I mean really, three matches, and they're not playing singles for two weeks prior to this and two months after, they can and should use the traditional format.

Well ,the plan seems to have the Super Tie Break and No ad format even for Slams next year! :rolleyes: :sad:

AJZ.
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Oh they better not :angry:

Ellery
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:43 PM
:tape: :help:

mckyle.
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Strange how the WTA is trying to get doubles in the spotlight, but yet they treat it as a second-class sport with all the rule changes. This is professional tennis, not high-school league tennis!

ex hopman
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I guess Huber will be no.1 after the tournament, no?
Kata and Ai could be as high as no.3 and 4 in the ranking (if they win), I believe!

stefi62
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I guess Huber will be no.1 after the tournament, no?
Kata and Ai could be as high as no.3 and 4 in the ranking (if they win), I believe!

Cara and Liezel will be tied number one no matter what happens with at least 5145 points.
Only Kata Srebotnik could become number 3 before Raymond, but only if she wins, and for 5 points!!! (3965 vs 3960). If she makes the final, she becomes 4th (3740 vs 3626 for Stosur). If she does not, she is 5th at the best.

Sugi can become 5th if they win the YEC, and not better than 6th if they do not.

Chan and Chuang could become 4th and 5th if they won....

IanRadi
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
What the..??? STB even at the YEC?! :eek:

archie4
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I think the WTA Championships doubles tournament should have the same format as singles (which the ATP does). An eight doubles team round-robin would be more exciting and could actually give a shot in the arm to women's doubles. It still seems like doubles is the black sheep of the WTA. A large season ending event would give some incentive to other doubles teams too. I mean, everyone basically knows mid-way through the season who the doubles teams will be at the championships! A two-match championship just doesn't make it seem like the WTA cares about doubles.

stefi62
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Well, how can they expect people to has an interest growing on doubles is they set that stupid rules, do not schedule the match on center courts or do not schedule the doubles final before the single final?
Even at the YEC, center court ok, but first match at 11am and last match of the day, for the semis???? WTF?

They say they put that STB rule for TV, but how many matches have been shown on tv this year?

*Jean*
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Eurosport will show Doubles YEC :)

stefi62
Nov 5th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Eurosport will show Doubles YEC :)

In France, only the final on Eurosport2 :(

LegionArgentina
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I hope I could find some livestream to watch it :sad:
I dont have Eurosport in my country and I really wanna see Cara and Sugi :sad:

RND
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Can we watch it on Eurosport(Soccer Addict) through TVants? :confused:

stefi62
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Can we watch it on Eurosport(Soccer Addict) through TVants? :confused:

Won't it be shown live in Taipei?
Last year, Chinese Zheng and Yan played at 10am to be shown live in China. Don't you think they'll try to do the same with Taipei?

RND
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Won't it be shown live in Taipei?
Last year, Chinese Zheng and Yan played at 10am to be shown live in China. Don't you think they'll try to do the same with Taipei?
No way they will............. :o
In the 4 GSs they don't even show RG and only have coverage post-QF in the USO. :mad:

I have to find live streams for myself to be able to watch it... :fiery:

CarlaValenti
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
The answer to all our complains: LIVESTREAM!

darice
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:03 PM

me neither. :( 8 teams was better.

stefi62
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:37 PM

So there is one, really? :D

LegionArgentina
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Could you post the link?:)

AJZ.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM
What about the draw? :confused:

stefi62
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:49 PM
What about the draw? :confused:

It takes place tomorrow at 5.30 pm! So we might know about it a little later. :wavey:

CarlaValenti
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
So there is one, really? :D

Could you post the link?:)

I didn't try to say "I know a livestream that will show the YEC", I tried to say "the ONLY answer to our complains is THE livestream".

:D