PDA

View Full Version : Will SESIL KARATANTCHEVA get WC for Big ones or have to start from 10K in 2008?

A'DAM
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I am wondering what will Sesil's 2008 look like?
Will she have to start from a scratch and play qualies of 10 $ tournaments or will get WC for main tour's tournies?

Was there in the past someone comming back from the suspention?
How did it look like?

And what is your oppinion? How shall it look like?

Thank you :wavey:

St.Sebastian
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:26 AM
She should play dodgy 10K and 25K starting from January, get a ranking, then start playing dodgy tier IVs and work her way up without anyone's help. I don't think she'll get any WCs.

justine schnyder
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Canas got WC's, so why wouldn't she get any?

*W*
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I am sure she will get WC's from most of the tournaments!

petkoan
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:52 AM
As far as I know she will take WC in some tournament in Australia. I don't know which one. It's highly unlikely she will play Australian Open.

Slutiana
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Well canas was already established and had won a TMS tournie so obviously he'd get W/C. I can't see this bitch doing anything good when she comes back.

Keaka
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I think she will.

If she won't, she'll be up the rankings pretty fast...

alexia1huff
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:57 AM
for example canas got a wc to a challenger after his suspention (and he won the tourny). I don't know if there are many tournies in bulgaria (doubt it) so unless she already asked somewhere i don't think she'll get any. Where's itf 2008 calendar?!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
no banned players should get any WC of any sort.

justine schnyder
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Well canas was already established and had won a TMS tournie so obviously he'd get W/C. I can't see this bitch doing anything good when she comes back.

Yeah, but she was younger and reached to the FO QF. I don't want her to get WC's too since I hate doppers and it's a shame they get WC, but these are the facts..:o

Boreas
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:16 AM

:yeah:

disco_rage
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Although i don't like cheaters either, the fact that she was ONLY 15-years-old when she got caught, things she deserves some slack.

ViennaCalling
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM

Agreed.

basset
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:34 AM

I AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justine schnyder
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:38 AM

AGREED!!!!

Keaka
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I would imagine it, really.

Cause it's like a whole new start to her. And as she says, she's trained hard, and only has positive thoughts about it. And it's like a whole new start to her.

I think she can be top 100 by the end of next season...

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM
My guess is that she will get some wildcards for ITF events but not for main tour events, certainly not for the main draws. But as much as I like her I do agree with those who have said that she should work her way back up without the assistance of any wildcards at all. It should be added that she is perfectly good enough to do just that.

Slutiana
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM
lets see how good she is when she comes back.

tiptop
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM
What is her background? Does she have wealthy parents or did she really struggle over last two years? If she's got wealthy parents or a good sponsor it will be obviously easier to get wild cards or to travel to different challengers. If she doesn't get any kind of support it could be hard for her to come back quickly...

*JR*
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Here's the problem for her re. Oz: the first week's Q draws start in December, B4 her suspension ends and neither Gold Coast nor Auckland would give her one for the MD. So she'd be limited to taking a qualifying WC for Hobart (of course there's no more Canberra and she couldn't get one for Tier II Sydney).

And the kind of impressive showing in Hobart that would impress TA re. a qualifying WC for the Open wouldn't be played out until after the AO wildcards (including Q) were given out, so @ best she'd be going a great distance for the qualifying of a minor event.

The Challenger circuit (if it stays the same next year) gets going in February. If Sesil gets some impressive results on it, she could well be back on the main tour starting with Warsaw.

A note re. Eggy moralizing about how those who were suspended shouldn't get WC's. A lot of unethical stuff happens in this game. For example, the "paint job" referred to in the "Amelie Sucks" thread, where players do the equivalent of counterfeiting by using the racquet they prefer falsely labeled with the name of another company that's paying them.

Like the kid sister of a retired marquee player having gotten 3 straight MD wildcards into Antwerp because the TD was also her sister's agent. (Plus the last 2 times Tier II Leipzig was played, as a tradeoff for the marquee player entering the draw there). Kid sister was 0-8 in singles above the Challenger level in her brief career, and 5 of those matches were these "gimme" WC's.

Or how about appearance fees to players who tank? (Pistol Pete once played Dubai as follows: arrive @ airport, take limo not to hotel but to event site :scratch: lose first match, and take limo directly back to airport). This may be an extreme example, but tanking isn't that uncommon.

Maybe those who want to crucify Marti for possibly taking a hit of coke in England should look @ the big picture. And sure the growing of its source material is Criminally Connected (maybe you-know-who is the main Suisse Supplier :tape: ) but then I got no reaction here to saying that I hoped Momo had demanded proof that the Antwerp diamond racquet was free of blood diamonds. So plz spare me the selective morality, folks. ;)

Ceri
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I think Sesil will make a few waves, she'll be out to prove she can get results. Good luck to her :)

Freakan
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
She will get some WC's, whether you like it or not.

Simplicity.
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Obviously? He was a cheater, why would a cheater get help? I know he did but I still dont understand it.

ce
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
i hope she wont get any WC

The Daviator
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM

:worship:

petkoan
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
S. Karatancheva will be top 25 in the end of 2008. I"m sure

ce
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
S. Karatancheva will be top 25 in the end of 2008. I"m sure

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maria Croft
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:20 PM
She should work for it and prove herself.

Slutiana
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Obviously? He was a cheater, why would a cheater get help? I know he did but I still dont understand it.

What i meant by obviously is that he'd established to himself a bit and people would pay moeny just to see him. More people would have known about canas when he was banned than karatantcheva when she was banned. Remember, most tournament director only cares about money. Doesn't matter if a player was involved in a drive by murder, as long as they're bringing in exra people, they'll be given a w/c. She might be given w/cs at smaller events but not at tier 3+

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
This doper doesn't deserve the second chance.

njnetswill
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I think she can get WCs into 25k events, nothing higher. For Sesil she would actually be better off playing 10ks.

Viktymise
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:09 PM
This doper doesn't deserve the second chance.

She was 15 :o

Anyway im sure she'd be better served working her way up the challenger circuit with no WC's and getting match tough even if it is only in 10ks and 25ks, it would give her lots of confidence. She'll be top 100 by the end of 08 at least.

alwayshingis
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:10 PM
The more times she says she will "kick Maria Sharapova's butt off" the more WCs she will get. Keep your name in the papers.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:46 PM
She was 15 :o

So what?
She is a doper. Not to mention that horrible abortion story.

CJ07
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:13 PM
She was (and still is) a minor, you can't really fault her for anything.

That and she served her time. She should be eligible for a WC just like everyone else.

shrOOf
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM

agreed.

Slumpsova
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
i hope she wont get any WC
and i hope Jankovic loses every match she plays next year too.

Slumpsova
Nov 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and unfortunately Jankovic will fall out of top 100 :sad:

Kworb
Nov 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
She'll make quick work of the ITF tourneys and climb up the rankings to be a Slam contender in 2009

Slumpsova
Nov 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
So what?
i'm sure Whorenikova might did that once in her lifetime.

Viktymise
Nov 4th, 2007, 07:38 PM
So what?

Ehm, she was only a kid and made a mistake, and to be honest probably didn't knowingly take anything illegal. Her father was the one who was noted for being a "Pushy Parent" so to speak. She doesn't deserve WC's into big events but she doesn't deserve to be called a "doper" for the rest of her career.

Europe rocks
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:00 PM
She should work for it and prove herself.

I agree. If she can show that she has the potential to do well, by winning on the ITF circuit, then maybe she should receive wildcards into the qualifying draws of events, then maybe some main draws as well

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM
i'm sure Whorenikova might did that once in her lifetime.

Too bad you might did NOT use your brain once in your lifetime before posting here...

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Ehm, she was only a kid and made a mistake, and to be honest probably didn't knowingly take anything illegal. Her father was the one who was noted for being a "Pushy Parent" so to speak. She doesn't deserve WC's into big events but she doesn't deserve to be called a "doper" for the rest of her career.

She made so arrogant and simply dumb comments about real players that she deserves to be called even worse than "doper" for the rest of her career.

danieln1
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
and i hope Jankovic loses every match she plays next year too.

and unfortunately Jankovic will fall out of top 100 :sad:

:haha: :haha:
I hope that too, and I hope that she doesn´t win a single match at the YEC!
Anyway, Sesil will make a thunderous return, so she needs to get those WC... and let´s see if she finally will kick Sharapova´s butt!

Philip
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I dont really care if she does get WC's or not.
But i think if she did it would be hella interesting to see what happens.
And she'll be back in the top 100 sooner or later anyhoos, why delay the inevietable? ;) Give her WC's i say!

PaulHopkins
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM

I totally agree!

Sefo
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:37 PM
She should start from below. This is a completely new start. Most people don't even know who she is.

A'DAM
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys for all your comments!

Elisse
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM

Totally agree

Harvs
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
there is no way in all hell that tennis australia will give her a WC to any tournies in aus... no way at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

i dont think she will get WC's, nor does she deserve any

hwanmig
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I want to see her play in RG and teach Venus claycourt tennis once again.

wayitis
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM
...;11944877']there is no way in all hell that tennis australia will give her a WC to any tournies in aus... no way at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

i dont think she will get WC's, nor does she deserve any

Tennis Australia has already assured her of a wild card to a small tournament before the Aussie Open and told her she could get an invitation to the Open depending on how well she performs in the smaller tournaments. Tennis Australia is a business anyway and Australia desperately needs another top player after Hewitt's decline, they already offered Sesil Aussie citizenship before the ban and I wouldn't be surprised if they try it again in case she is still playing well...

alexia1huff
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Too bad you might did NOT use your brain once in your lifetime before posting here...

:lol: :p :lol:

Slumpsova
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM
only once? thanks :kiss:
and you might be a no brainer too bc last time i checked your all 3,278 are garbage. oh wait, you are a fan of the most stupid tennis player in WTA history so what can i expect? :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
only once? thanks :kiss:
and you might be a no brainer too bc last time i checked your all 3,278 are garbage. oh wait, you are a fan of the most stupid tennis player in WTA history so what can i expect? :lol:

I never pretended to be a genius :confused:
Still, I'm smart enough not to be a worshipper of both Devilsova and Dopertantcheva :wavey:

Jakeev
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Regardless of what tournament she enters, I think Sesil is going to be just fine when she gets back. I don't see any Dokic or Stevenson like problems when she gets back into the swing of it.

But, she needs to earn her right to be in the thick of the bigger events so Satellite and Challenger events are going to have to be a part of her schedule whether she likes it or not.

Leo_DFP
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Canas was a TMS winner and former Top 10 player (briefly). In comparison, Karatancheva did pretty little. Consider all her 0 and 1 losses top players her last year before the doping controversy. I don't think she'll get too many WCs into main events.

But I agree with TBE on this issue.

DownTheLine21
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I think she may get a WC in a high level ITF, but that's about it.

Juanes
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:20 AM
when will she can play her first match? does someone her fixtures?

azza
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
number 1!

Slumpsova
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I never pretended to be a genius :confused:
Still, I'm smart enough not to be a worshipper of both Devilsova and Dopertantcheva :wavey:
:awww:
i don't think Whorenikova fan is known as a smart people. you are more like a dumb shallow guy :lol:
i might be a mean cheater, say what you want, but i don't think you can post crap like "i'm smart enough to blah..blah...blah..." as well bc it's bullshit :wavey:

DragonFlame
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM
no wildcards, she needs to do this herself.

ninanina19
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I think she should recieve wildcards, I mean she will win anyway so it's more fair to lower ranked players to actually get a chance at these tournaments.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:13 PM
:awww:
i don't think Whorenikova fan is known as a smart people. you are more like a dumb shallow guy :lol:
i might be a mean cheater, say what you want, but i don't think you can post crap like "i'm smart enough to blah..blah...blah..." as well bc it's bullshit :wavey:

I have no problems with admitting I'm a dumb guy :)
I'm only saying I'm not that dumb to worship the Tier 345 Queen and the Doper who (according to her words) killed her own child.

Btw,
after Karatantcheva's story you call Kournikova a whore? Well, at least she is a successful one :lol:

ninanina19
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I thought it was horrible how she lied she was pregnant at 15.

Slumpsova
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I have no problems with admitting I'm a dumb guy :)
I'm only saying I'm not that dumb to worship the Tier 345 Queen and the Doper who killed her own child.

Btw,
after Karatantcheva's story you call Kournikova a whore? Well, at least she is a successful one :lol:
Sesil's career isn't over yet. plus she is 18 y/o. there are many years ahead of her, unlike Kournikova who ends her career with multiple finalist trophies and you still pretend to say she is successful :tape:

oh and please don't mention about her doubles titles unless you want to point out her career is as sucessful as Nicole Arendt :rolls:

Aaron.
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I want to see her play in RG and teach Venus claycourt tennis once again. :spit:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Sesil's career isn't over yet. plus she is 18 y/o. there are many years ahead of her, unlike Kournikova who ends her career with multiple finalist trophies and you still pretend to say she is successful :tape:

oh and please don't mention about her doubles titles unless you want to point out her career is as sucessful as Nicole Arendt :rolls:

Your reading skills are non-existent :tape:
I never said Kournikova was a successful player, you tool :wavey:

Aaron.
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:38 PM
*DEATH* @ Kournikova being successful :spit: :rolls:

Slumpsova
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Your reading skills are non-existent :tape:
I never said Kournikova was a successful player, you tool :wavey:
oh really? then i don't know what you were trying to say. maybe it's just a bad joke i'll never get. never mind :wavey:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM
oh really? then i don't know what you were trying to say. maybe it's just a bad joke i'll never get. never mind :wavey:

Too pity the bully administrator that does 'edit' you every day at 5.14 AM can't do anything to your disastrous stupidity.

Anyway, this thread is not about you, me or Kournikova. It's about the doper who claimed that she got rid of her own child. You seem to like her - not a big deal. I don't like her - not a big deal either.

Slumpsova
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Too pity the bully administrator that does 'edit' you every day at 5.14 AM can't do anything to your disastrous stupidity.

Anyway, this thread is not about you, me or Kournikova. It's about the doper who claimed that she got rid of her own child. You seem to like her - not a big deal. I don't like her - not a big deal either.
what's with my siggy? well you just don't know how to attack me right? :lol:

stevos
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Wow, so many hypocrites in this thread, it's baffling. Everyone jumping on the Sesil-hate bandwagon.

First of all, she has already been punished enough for something she did at a very young age, probably without much knowledge of the illegal acts she was performing. So she should not be allowed to have a career for two years, I guess that is fair.
But why should she be punished further? She has made the quarters of a Grand Slam, beaten Venus Williams, and definitely has talent. She deserves a Wild Card just as much as any other player.

So many people judge someone for making a mistake that many people in her situation could definitely make. But people prefer to distance themselves from "rule-breakers" and discriminate against them.
It's sad.

St.Sebastian
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
*DEATH* @ Kournikova being successful :spit: :rolls:
Being #7 in the world and regularly beating no.1 players is a success :rolleyes:

AleOrtu
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Remember about Guillermo Cañas:
He was acquitted after he proved he was innocent, the banned medicine was handed to him by the tournament doctor.
So, if he was awarded some WC to re-build his ranking, it was okay. But he worked all his way back to the top 15, winning severla challengers in a row.

I think Sesil can do the same if she has the confidence and she wants to. With or without WC results will come and she will be ranked about 500 around 6-8 weeks after her return.