PDA

View Full Version : Funniest And Or Best Quotes of the Year...

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Post 'em ;) .

doni1212
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:13 AM
"I am 100% healthy"
"My shoulder is not fully healed"
x100

:tape: :lol: :haha:
No need to even write an author.

LeonHart
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:14 AM
"She hit a lot of lucky shots"

;)

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Mine Are:
"No, I just think she played better. I just think she made a lot of lucky shots, and I made a lot of errors. I don't think my level dropped."-Serena Williams (actaully, it was pretty complimentry)

"Yeah, I thought about that the whole time I was designing the dress. "I can't beat these girls; I've got to think of every way to cheat." -Serena Williams repsonding to thoose asking her if her dress at the Australain Opend distarcted her opponents :rolls: .

"All of the girls are tough, even maybe Hantuchova"-Anna Chakvetadze

"Well, I was focusing on Pierce Brosnan because he is so beautiful. I was just watching him. He was the only one."-Marion Bartoli at Wimbledon :lol: .

roelc
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:20 AM
"All of the girls are tough, even maybe Hantuchova"-Anna Chakvetadze

:o
well, I saw the video and I don't think that's quite what she ment.
I think she wanted to say "if you know hantuchova is the last one who qualified" and then corrected to maria
that's what I hope though ;)

anyways...

her english pretty much sucks

stevos
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:21 AM
"I feel violated" was quite hilarious.
Some of Maria's classy lines after losses made my days.

"I don't have complexes, sorry". Anna C.

Olórin
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:23 AM
"I think pretty much all she had to show was show up"

Serena after losing at the FO :tape: Only Serena can say stuff like that and actually mean it :lol:

"There's no point lying, I would have won that match had I not been injured" [paraphrased]

Again Serena on Wimbledon, subtle as a sledgehammer :worship:

Also Venus saying about how if she'd listened to the naysayers she'd still be in Compton "I live in Palm Beach Gardens now, it's pretty nice" :lol:

Lefty.
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:23 AM
"I don't have complexes, sorry". Anna C.

I love that one too. :lol:

iPatty
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:28 AM
"I'm just so excited," said Ana Ivanovic over and over and over and over again.

"She has no clue how to beat me," said Patty Schnyder, following her 6-1, 6-0 drubbing of Anna Chakvetadze in Linz.

Groenefelder25
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:31 AM
"She has no clue how to beat me," said Patty Schnyder, following her 6-1, 6-0 drubbing of Anna Chakvetadze in Linz.

are you kidding? if its true, then i look forward to an explanation of the AO earlier this year.

Olórin
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:32 AM
"I'm just so excited," said Ana Ivanovic over and over and over and over again.

I love Ana :hearts:

Uranium
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Serena calling Henin a bitch at U.S. Open.

Olórin
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Serena calling Henin a bitch at U.S. Open.

I bet there's a lot of bitch quotes from Serena this year :lol:

Didn't she call Maria a bitch at the AO, when she hit her with a ball?

The Daviator
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Everything Serena said after her losses to Justine :haha: :rolls:

Groenefelder25

yeh i remember that! they showed it on the big screen and everyone went :eek: :lol: :hearts:

Uranium

Wouldn't be surprised, Sharapova had open court but decided to hit it at Serena, i would have called her a bitch too lol.

flyingmachine
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Everything Serena said after her losses to Justine :haha: :rolls:
True. :tape:
"I feel violated" is the winner. :haha:

Shepster
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
By a country mile...

On what was going through her head closing out a match against Jelena Jankovic in San Diego :

"I was thinking, 'Match point, and the dog is mine.'"
- Maria Kirilenko

:haha:

starin
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:03 AM
By a country mile...

On what was going through her head closing out a match against Jelena Jankovic in San Diego :

- Maria Kirilenko

:lol: :lol: i love that quote.

Shepster
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:05 AM
:lol: :lol: i love that quote.
I almost added her to my sig based solely on that story... :hearts: so cute and mad... :D

Tennis-Chick
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:07 AM
By a country mile...

- Maria Kirilenko

That's definitely the best quote so far :yeah:

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:49 AM
By a country mile...

- Maria Kirilenko

I don't get it :confused: .

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I don't get it :confused: .

Her coach told her that if she won the match (or tournament -- I forget now exactly), she could get a dog. So, on match point she was thinking if she won, "the dog is mine."

Expat
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:15 AM
lucky shots
that really did it for me

Derek.
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:18 AM
"I let her take advantage of me, and I feel violated." :hearts:

plantman
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:18 AM
None come to mind at the moment!
However here's one from the past...

"Unfortunately, no!"
-- Serena Williams when asked if any of the other WTA players ask her for beauty tips.:haha: :haha:

plantman
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Her coach told her that if she won the match (or tournament -- I forget now exactly), she could get a dog. So, on match point she was thinking if she won, "the dog is mine."

Thanks....I didn't get it either!:)

sammy01
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:41 AM
By a country mile...

- Maria Kirilenko

maria thats no way to speak about jj :lol: :tape:

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Justine: "I don't think that there was anything wrong with her" after her Wimbledon victory over Serena. :lol:

Princeza
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:27 AM
"Lucky shots" = la crème de la crème

Nikkiri
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM
- Maria Kirilenko

Maria :hearts:

s_j
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:30 AM
"I feel like a cow on ice." :lol:

justine schnyder
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:32 AM
"I feel violated" is the best!!!

Renalicious
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Ugh, who cares about 'lucky shots' she did hit them :rolleyes:

Juju4ever
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I liked Sveta's press interview at the FO, when they asked her about the fact Roger Federer himself picked her to win the tournament. She was so cute! :hearts:

s_j
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
The US Open Series Roadtrip Bus Outtakes:

Maria Sharapova - "$30 million dollars? Is that it?...I'm getting off this bus."

Renalicious
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I liked Sveta's press interview at the FO, when they asked her about the fact Roger Federer himself picked her to win the tournament. She was so cute! :hearts:

Roger's pretty stupid then :confused:

Demska
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM
"I felt violated"

:hearts: :barf:

Medina
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:13 AM

"Unfortunately, no!"
-- Serena Williams when asked if any of the other WTA players ask her for beauty tips.:haha: :haha:

Who would :tape:

hdfb
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM
"I feel violated." is hands down one of the best ever this decade.

Juju4ever
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Roger's pretty stupid then :confused:

Why? Sveta made it to the finals in 2006, and she beat Justine in Berlin this year, although she lost the final to Ivanovic. She's definitely one of the best players on clay.

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:07 PM
The US Open Series Roadtrip Bus Outtakes:

Maria Sharapova - "$30 million dollars? Is that it?...I'm getting off this bus."

:lol:

iPatty
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Ugh, who cares about 'lucky shots' she did hit them :rolleyes:

Oh my. :o

Ksenia.
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
After AO final:

Announcer: And I'm sure you have a few words to say
Maria Sharapova: A few more than the games I won today.

'You mean my speech was better than my game today?'

ViennaCalling
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:31 PM

"Unfortunately, no!"

:rolls:

I love the Patty one and of course the Anna C-Quote :haha:

ViennaCalling
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
After AO final:

Announcer: And I'm sure you have a few words to say
Maria Sharapova: A few more than the games I won today.

'You mean my speech was better than my game today?'

Did she really say that? If yes, i love her for that :hearts: :worship: :rolls:

serenus_2k8
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Who would :tape:

Correct me if Im wrong but do many players have the likes of Kanye West mention them in their songs? Wait..i didnt think so either! :D

Natash.
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
"I was thinking, 'Match point, and the dog is mine,'" she said. - Kirilenko on her thoughts when she had match point against Jelena Jankovic in San Diego. :hearts:

But nothing beats "I feel violated"

plantman
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Correct me if Im wrong but do many players have the likes of Kanye West mention them in their songs? Wait..i didnt think so either! :D

so..........A dog had a title song about himself..........B.I.N.G.O

Princeza
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM

:rolls: so what? West is a talentless crying baby tool.
Boohoooo i didn't got the award :sobbing:

Nicolás89
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
"Can she think for herself?" Oracene responding to Carlos Rodriguez.

Lovesunair
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:45 PM
"I felt violated"

Who said that? :)

Nicolás89
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:52 PM
"Something Overrated: Maria Sharapova" Serena in People magazine.

frenchie
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
**I'm moving like a fat cow**
Anastasia Myskina after losing 6/0-6/1 to Shaughnessy at RG 2007

serenus_2k8
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM
:rolls: so what? West is a talentless crying baby tool.
Boohoooo i didn't got the award :sobbing:

Whaha...u know nothing clearly!!
He wouldnt have sold as much as he has if he was talentless now would he :)

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM

She was also in a Snoop Dog song :D !

starin
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Petrova's quote b4 playing Serena was pretty funny. She pretty much said that Serena was over as a player...lol only to lose to her in the next round and Serena to go on and win the AO. That has to be one of the biggest Egg on face moments of the year.

And Petrova and Chakvetadze after they both lost to Venus at FedCup, "we lost because we had jet lag".
and the WS get lambasted for having excuses. ninja please.

mckyle.
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:07 PM
"Serena?" - supergrunt

starin
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:10 PM
not a quote but...Chavketadze getting her ponytail stuck in her racquet in BOW was pretty funny.

serenus_2k8
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Haha yeh all good points :D

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Petrova's quote b4 playing Serena was pretty funny. She pretty much said that Serena was over as a player...lol only to lose to her in the next round and Serena to go on and win the AO. That has to be one of the biggest Egg on face moments of the year.

And Petrova and Chakvetadze after they both lost to Venus at FedCup, "we lost because we had jet lag".

iPatty
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM
:lol: I cannot remember the specific quote, but Safarova said something really funny after her defeat of Mauresmo in Melbourne.

Anyone remember? :hearts:

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
:lol: I cannot remember the specific quote, but Safarova said something really funny after her defeat of Mauresmo in Melbourne.

Anyone remember? :hearts:

Did it have something to do with ruining Mauresmo's year :scratch: ?

s_j
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:11 PM
At Melbourne, when being interviewed, she said then when she walked onto the Rod Laver Arena she thought, "Wow - this is a really big court." She said it in such a cute way too.

But after the RG win over Mauresmo, an interviewer asked her "How do you feel to have ruined Mauresmo's season?" (or something of that effect) and she replied, "I love it. I'm so happy."

iPatty
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:14 PM
^^ That's what it was. Thanks. :hearts:

:haha: Lucie. Great line.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM

haha, I remember that. The fall out on this forum after that match was hilarious. So many funny posts and threads after that match! :rolls:

Cat's Pajamas
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:27 PM

Anna and Nadia never said that. That was something from the Russian media. Please get your facts straight before posting. :kiss:

cellophane
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:35 PM
haha, I remember that. The fall out on this forum after that match was hilarious. So many funny posts and threads after that match! :rolls:

More like a bunch of WS trolls taking something completely out of proportion for daring to say something which seemed to be true . :shrug: There was nothing funny or stupid about that quote... it's not like she said she was going to "beat that fatass 6-0, 6-0" or anything like that :shrug:

supergrunt
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:46 PM
More like a bunch of WS trolls taking something completely out of proportion for daring to say something which seemed to be true . :shrug: There was nothing funny or stupid about that quote... it's not like she said she was going to "beat that fatass 6-0, 6-0" or anything like that :shrug:

True but the fact that she talked about Serena like she was some fat loser who was wasting her time playing a Grand Slam was disrespectfull. I think that even you can agree with that.

terjw
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Here are some quotes I love - all by Jelena my favourite player.
It's the best I can remember - might not be exact word for word:

"Don't just sit there to sit there" - to the chair umpire.
To Justin Gimblestob in answer to who were the worst players - repeatedly and laughing as she said it:
"You are one of them. You are the worst....."
"I watched you last night and it was awful"
"I don't know but it was awful"
On her serve:
"Me and my serve. I'm #3 in the world with that serve. Can you imagine what I'd do to these girls if I had a hard serve. Just kidding."and many more. She's really funny at her interviews. The media love her.

terjw
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:31 AM
True but the fact that she talked about Serena like she was some fat loser who was wasting her time playing a Grand Slam was disrespectfull. I think that even you can agree with that.

She said nothing of the sort. All she said was:

Optimistic about her chances.
Said that players weren't intimidated of playing against her anymore.
Said she thought Serena had other interests as well as tennis now - and that she thought tennis wasn't a top priority with Serena anymore.
- not disrespectful but she just got it wrong on that particular occasion along with everyone else.Absolutely nothing wrong with that. And it would have been totally wrong if she'd said "Oh I haven't a chance and we are intimidated by her".

I totally agree with cellophane about WS trolls misrepresenting what she said.

njnetswill
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I don't remember which, but a commentator said that she saw Serena and Venus sitting in the locker room together cutting up towels with scissors. :spit: :haha:

plantman
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:05 AM
I don't remember which, but a commentator said that she saw Serena and Venus sitting in the locker room together cutting up towels with scissors. :spit: :haha:

I often wondered where Svetlana's hair extensions came from!:lol:

supergrunt
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:25 AM
She said nothing of the sort. All she said was:

Optimistic about her chances.
Said that players weren't intimidated of playing against her anymore.
Said she thought Serena had other interests as well as tennis now - and that she thought tennis wasn't a top priority with Serena anymore.
- not disrespectful but she just got it wrong on that particular occasion along with everyone else.Absolutely nothing wrong with that. And it would have been totally wrong if she'd said "Oh I haven't a chance and we are intimidated by her".

I totally agree with cellophane about WS trolls misrepresenting what she said.

She said a lot more than that. It was disrespectfull. I disagree :) .

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:47 AM
"I feel like a cow on ice" - Maria Sharapova :haha: :haha:

"I feel violated" - Serena Williams :spit:

And lest not forgetting... "LUCKY SHOTS" :rofl:

Tennisation
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM
anything Serena says after getting her ass kicked by Justine is pretty hilarious, and we'll get to hear sum more of that real soon;)

terjw
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
She said a lot more than that. It was disrespectfull. I disagree :) .

Basically - the three things I stated are all she said:
- Optimistic about her chances.
- Players not fearing her anymore.
- Serena having other interests and tennis not the priority it was.

The only little bit more she expanded on was that last point:
She said that because the sisters had other interests she thought they were nearing the end of their careers - i.e. moving on to these other things they were doing.
She also said they hadn't done great the last two years because of their injuries.

She also said that Serena was a very tough competitor and mentally very strong - highly complimentary.

None of that was disrespectful. Most of it was true - like they had been injured a lot the last two years and hadn't done great. None of what she said was remotely like the downright lies you posted below:

Here's a link to what she actually said reported in the Daily Telegraph:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21074932-5001023,00.html I've highlighted what she actually said in context and it equates to my three point summary.

RUSSIAN Nadia Petrova has talked the talk about Serena Williams' decline ¿ tomorrow she will have to deliver with an Australian Open third-round win over the former world No. 1.

Petrova, the fifth seed, is so confident about landing her first grand slam win over Williams at Melbourne Park that she was willing to say the Williams sisters have already "done their job on the tennis court".

Williams, ranked No. 81, was errant in her groundstrokes again yesterday, betraying the fact this is her sixth tournament since the start of 2006, before she subdued Luxembourg's Anne Kremer 7-6 (7-4) 6-2.

Harsh analysis of Williams' place in the game continues, with former Wimbledon champion Pat Cash claiming in his London newspaper column it was time for her to "get real" about her chances of returning to the game's summit.

Petrova, who has beaten Williams once in their six career meetings, said the top players did not fear her power as they once did.

"I believe, not anyone. Some of the younger players think of the days back and fear them (Serena and Venus Williams)," said Petrova, a 6-1 6-2 winner over Argentine Gisela Dulko.

"They beat a lot of players before they even come on court, but last year and the year before, they haven't been doing so great (and had) lots of injuries.

"It looks like they are focused on other things that make them busy and they have done their job on the tennis court.
"Everything is leading towards the end of their careers."

Williams prevailed in her most recent match against Petrova, a three-set Australian Open fourth-round match two years ago when she won her seventh and most recent major title when rated much the same sort of fitness query as she is now.

"They are still tough competitors because they always try to the end and are mentally very tough," Petrova said.

Cash said Williams would fail to return to No. 1 in the game, pointing out that Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe and Martina Hingis had fallen short after taking long breaks from the game.

Williams' confidence about restoring her reign was an "insult" to grand slam champions Amelie Mauresmo and Maria Sharapova, Cash added.

Petrova won a 59-minute victory with her left thigh heavily taped, a precaution she said she would maintain for the rest of her tournament without fear of it worsening.

Williams, despite the limitations imposed on her game by her lack of match play, retains an ability to worry opponents out of tight matches and Petrova's rise to the top 10 is yet to eliminate questions about her nerve at the highest level.

Williams trailed the steady, but unimposing Kremer 2-4 in the first set and also 1-4 in the tie-break before hitting out more effectively to win the last six points of the set.

Princeza
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:07 PM
At Melbourne, when being interviewed, she said then when she walked onto the Rod Laver Arena she thought, "Wow - this is a really big court." She said it in such a cute way too.

But after the RG win over Mauresmo, an interviewer asked her "How do you feel to have ruined Mauresmo's season?" (or something of that effect) and she replied, "I love it. I'm so happy."

Lucie is such an angel

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Don't know if it's funny but I like the last sentence from Myskina on Sharapova:

"I know it myself how it's hard to play through the pain. She needs time to heal her injuries. And let's not forget Masha is only 20, generally speaking she's still a child."

Mina Vagante
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:10 PM

She said 'you'll pay for that'

Nicolás89
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
She said 'you'll pay for that'

oh come on :o

pka_liloo
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
actually, look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Qea_uBBAU she really said "you'll pay for that" more likely than "bitch". "Bitch" was addressed to Justine on USO ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7s-enR3o-o

justine schnyder
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Petrova :tape:

dybbuk
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Don't know if it's funny but I like the last sentence from Myskina on Sharapova:

"I know it myself how it's hard to play through the pain. She needs time to heal her injuries. And let's not forget Masha is only 20, generally speaking she's still a child."

Nastya :hearts: :kiss: