PDA

View Full Version : well, another easy draw for sharapova

petesz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
WTA just loves Sharapova, not only prevent her from a 0-3 record in YEC, but give her a chance to be in the semis.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
this is really strange to keep happening, esp. w/ Jelena, Justine, and Serena in same half for 4th straight time

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
:rolleyes:
Look at the rankings.
1,2 opp groups
3,4 opp groups
5,6 opp groups
7,8 opp groups

It was IMPOSSIBLE for Sharapova to be in the same group as Serena.

I'll give you that #2 Kuznetsova is no Henin, there was a 50% chance of this.
Maria could be in the same group as Jankovic or Ivanovic. Sharapova's Head2Head's clearly show she'd rather be playing Jankovic.
Dani versus Chaky is a wash, she owns them both, but Hantuchova is in FAR better form than Anna.

So basically ONE thing in the draw went her way, no Henin.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes:
Look at the rankings.
1,2 opp groups
3,4 opp groups
5,6 opp groups
7,8 opp groups

It was IMPOSSIBLE for Sharapova to be in the same group as Serena.

I'll give you that #2 Kuznetsova is no Henin, there was a 50% chance of this.
Maria could be in the same group as Jankovic or Ivanovic. Sharapova's Head2Head's clearly show she'd rather be playing Jankovic.
Dani versus Chaky is a wash, she owns them both, but Hantuchova is in FAR better form than Anna.

So basically ONE thing in the draw went her way, no Henin.

Exactly.

Princeza
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Lol what a troll.
Thinking that Kuznetsova & Ana aren't a threat underlines your stupidity.
This is YEC, all players are dangerous.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
imof
again you talk like this
Anna and JJ are better for Maria than Dani and Sveta
and Serena is better for her than Ana
I belive Ana's the most dangerous player in the tour now after Henin , she just loses focus some times , but not with Masha ,
this group's tough

Wayn77
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lol what a troll.
Thinking that Kuznetsova & Ana aren't a threat underlines your stupidity.
This is YEC, all players are dangerous.

Exactly.
And the way she was playing in Linz, Hantuchova will be a threat to Maria as well.

friendsita
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
newsssflashhh

PaulHopkins
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
Oh come on nobody is seriously suggesting the draw was a fix? :rolleyes:

saint2
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
There is no draw configuration, wich would give Sharapova 0-3 record...Shes better than half of YEC players..Even now...If she'd be in group with JJ, JH and Chaky, I'd bet she will end this group with 2-1 record. In group with Ana, Sveta and Dani I'd bet she'll be 1-2, so I think she drew worst possibillity

alexia1huff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:23 PM
hahaha, i was thinking if she'll get an easy draw again :) But yeah with
1,2 opp groups
3,4 opp groups
5,6 opp groups
7,8 opp groups

it's hard to say that the draw was fixed, LET'S just hope that NEXT YEAR the DRAWS are change from slam to slam.

Pasta-Na
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
well, maria wont beat ana for sure, she cant beat the current form kuzzy too :p

tennis_lover89
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
WTA just loves Sharapova, not only prevent her from a 0-3 record in YEC, but give her a chance to be in the semis. and why doesn't the wta love sveta as well? really these comments are really annoying:fiery:

mashamaniac
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
WTF?? that's really a stupid troll IMHO... WTF are you talking about?? if you say in YEC there'd be any easy draw,you surely don't know a thing about tennis mate!

mashamaniac
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
well, maria wont beat ana for sure, she cant beat the current form kuzzy too :p

well who know? maybe maria will come out with a 3-0 record and 6-0 (set ratio) record as well as last year?? :wavey:

tennis_lover89
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
well who know? maybe maria will come out with a 3-0 record and 6-0 (set ratio) record as well as last year?? :wavey:
lol remember last year she killed every player in the round robin

Jankofun
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Exactly.
And the way she was playing in Linz, Hantuchova will be a threat to Maria as well.
Of course, If Maria makes it to the final it'll be a massive achievement considering all the injury trouble she's had this year. It's hard to predict the outcome of YEC but i have a feeling that Daniela might go far because she clearly has momentum where Anna,Serena , Maria and maybe also Ana are lacking momentum now. I'm glad Jelena at least gets to play against Henin again, she'll need the experience to finally beat her.

goldlion
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Well, if WTA loves Sharapova, it loves Kuznetsova and Ivanovaic as well.

It should have put Anna C in Sharapova's group if it wants to guarantee Sharapova's chance to get into semi final as Sharapova owns her.

Yet, it's YEC which has the best 8 players in the world.

We shouldn't underestimate anyone as everyone's chance is equal.