PDA

View Full Version : Martina and Hall of Fame

tenn_ace
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
There was no doubt in my mind that Martina would have been inducted into Hall of Fame the first year she was eligible, but with this scandal I was wondering whether the Committee will put her induction on hold. If they do, for how many years...

Also, if she is inducted, I'm wondering whether she brings it this incident up or not at any time durong the ceremony. I mean even if she doesn't, there will be a giant elephant in the room anyways...

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
The HOF is pure yankee crap ... there is a HOF of Rock , what a joke .

It´s OK for american sports like basket , NFL, etc but I don´t like this HOF idea in tennis

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
The HOF in tennis is nonsense. THey let in inferior players all the time.
Pam Shriver is in, and she can't shine Martina's shoes.

tenn_ace
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:53 PM
tell all this (crap) to Steffi, ASV, Pat Rafter and other TENNIS stars who definitely had some emotional moment during the ceremonies

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
Bud Collins is in the HOF

I can imagine that Peter Bodo and enter the US tennis analyst name will be in the HOF

Why not a tennis analyst from Argentina or Chile in the HOF ?

tenn_ace
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
couple of years ago a French journalist who covers tennis was inducted

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Why not a tennis analyst from Argentina or Chile in the HOF ?

Chile or Argentina? :tape:
Bud Collins is a pioneer and an iconic figure for tennis journalism.
He's not in as a player for God's sake!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
couple of years ago a French journalist who covers tennis was inducted

That shows how the HOF works ... Noah and Durr are in the HOF cuz they are frenchs and not Sergi Bruguera , Thomas Muster cuz they are not frenchies nor americans or aussies

tenn_ace
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
That shows how the HOF works ... Noah and Durr are in the HOF cuz they are frenchs and not Sergi Bruguera , Thomas Muster cuz they are not frenchies nor americans or aussies

so it's at least american french... any other country you would like to add to this list?

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:31 PM

I agree.
Induction of the epitome of one slam wonder Noah was even worse than induction of Pam "Martina won 20 doubles Slams for me" Shriver :tape:

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
I agree.
Induction of the epitome of one slam wonder Noah was even worse than induction of Pam "Martina won 20 doubles Slams for me" Shriver :tape:

As much as it may be due to Martina's doubles talent, don't you think Navratilova knew who she could play her best with? Pam Shriver is probably one of the top 4 or 5 doubles players of all time. If Navratilova knew a better partner, I think she'd have been smart enough to switch. It's not like Martina and Pam are joined at the hip, best friends, or lovers. :tape:

I'm not necessarily saying Pam's doubles get her to the HOF, but she also has 20- some singles titles.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
As much as it may be due to Martina's doubles talent, don't you think Navratilova knew who she could play her best with? Pam Shriver is probably one of the top 4 or 5 doubles players of all time. If Navratilova knew a better partner, I think she'd have been smart enough to switch. It's not like Martina and Pam are joined at the hip, best friends, or lovers. :tape:

How do you it wasn't the case? :p

Anyway, any decent player would have won multiple doubles Slams with Navratilova. Shriver was just lucky Martina had chosen her.
And Pam's 6-58 combined record vs Navratilova and Evert shows how 'great' she was in singles.
And her 20 minnie mouse singles titles shouldn't have anything to do with induction into REAL Hall of Fame.

DaMamaJama87
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
How do you it wasn't the case? :p

Anyway, any decent player would have won multiple doubles Slams with Navratilova. Shriver was just lucky Martina had chosen her.
And Pam's 6-58 combined record vs Navratilova and Evert shows how 'great' she was in singles.
And her 20 minnie mouse singles titles shouldn't have anything to do with induction into REAL Hall of Fame.

Pam is on the board of directors for the HOF, of course she got in :tape:

Hant11
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Mats Wilander was positive for cocaine too and he's member of the hall of fame since 2002

darice
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
There was no doubt in my mind that Martina would have been inducted into Hall of Fame the first year she was eligible, but with this scandal I was wondering whether the Committee will put her induction on hold. If they do, for how many years...

Also, if she is inducted, I'm wondering whether she brings it this incident up or not at any time durong the ceremony. I mean even if she doesn't, there will be a giant elephant in the room anyways...

when it all gets straightened and it's proven to be false then there won't be a problem and marti will totally get into the hof right away. the papers are just trying to cause drama and stuff. :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
The HOF in tennis is nonsense. THey let in inferior players all the time.
Pam Shriver is in, and she can't shine Martina's shoes.

The problem is that a Steffi Graf doesn't come along every 10 or even 20 years. They induct several people a year. If they went at a slower pace, it would be MUCH tougher to get in.

If you relate this to baseball, the tennis HOF is a joke.

micah63
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:59 PM

I don't think she ever will be inducted.

micah63
Nov 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM
The problem is that a Steffi Graf doesn't come along every 10 or even 20 years. ...

Well, Seles came along 4 years after Graf ....:p

hablo
Nov 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Mats Wilander was positive for cocaine too and he's member of the hall of fame since 2002

Then I don't see why Martina Hingis shouldn't be inducted.