PDA

View Full Version : Why are Venus and Serena more respected than Justine?

"Topaz"
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
It seems so... at least to me (never mind Aaron)!

What does everyone think?

Personally, I respect them all.

They all have had ups and downs in their careers. So please tell me, why are Serena and Venus more respected than Justine, considering all three have won over 5+ GS, are all champions and will all be remembered?

:angel:

supergrunt
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Justine gets MUCH more respect than both of them.

Juju4ever
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
hehe, that's a good contra to Aaron's thread.:worship:

Vlover
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
For me the big difference is INTEGRITY
I can't help it but if you have the propensity to be dishonest I've lost all respect for your regardless of your achievements. If you can't allow yourself to win or lose a match out in the open with so many people watching with your integrity in tact then its scary to think of what you would do with no one watching.:devil:

Even he hateful Carillo have stated repeatedly that she has never witnessed Venus or Serena wanting to cheat anyone out of point.:worship: They have both been on the receiving end of being cheated out of points on several occasions and still manage to be fair. The same just cannot be said of Justine with a clear conscience.

I know there are many who choose to think that fair play and integrity in sports is a thing of the past but I can't see this as separate from other aspects of your life. Anyway to each their own.

Expat
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
maybe their background and the fact that they came through against the system
btw they are hated for that fact also
justine pretty much represents the stereotypical tennis player
venus and serena are the rebels so thats makes them exciting

miffedmax
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:59 PM
I'll always respect the WS more than Justine for two reasons:

1. Venus is one of my faves
2. the tummy ache. I fell off the couch laughing at her "I feel sorry for me" remark.

harloo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
the sisters don't use gamesmanship.;)

DaMamaJama87
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
I can't help it but if you have the propensity to be dishonest I've lost all respect for your regardless of your achievements. If you can't allow yourself to win or lose a match out in the open with so many people watching with your integrity in tact then its scary to think of what you would do with no one watching.:devil:

Even he hateful Carillo have stated repeatedly that she has never witnessed Venus or Serena wanting to cheat anyone out of point.:worship: They have both been on the receiving end of being cheated out of points on several occasions and still manage to be fair. The same just cannot be said of Justine with a clear conscience.

I know there are many who choose to think that fair play and integrity in sports is a thing of the past but I can't see this as separate from other aspects of your life. Anyway to each their own.

:worship::worship: PREACH!

I wowuld also like to add that Venus and Serena have plain out-achieved Justine. They are more successful and have made more of an impact on tennis history. :)

Matt01
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:57 AM
I wowuld also like to add that Venus and Serena have plain out-achieved Justine.

:lol: Sure.

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:35 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:41 AM
"it was time for her to lose a match and i needed to get to my first GS final so i did anything that was necessary even if it meant cheating with everyone watching"

Renalicious
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:43 AM
Venus and Serena play fair. Justine gets mid-match coaching, and retires when she knows she's going to lose.

The Kaz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:43 AM
Integrity :spit:

Don't make me laugh...the WS have none whatsoever....they just winch and say they have (fake) injuries when ever they lose a match, they are classless towards their opponents and they give them NO credit...etc etc etc..

Justine is no saint either, but she is a damn site better than those clowns :tape:

Renalicious
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:44 AM
Oh, and don't forget 'The Hand' at FO 03.

Renalicious
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM

Don't make me laugh...the WS have none whatsoever....they just winch and say they have (fake) injuries when ever they lose a match, they are classless towards their opponents and they give them NO credit...etc etc etc..

Justine is no saint either, but she is a damn site better than those clowns :tape:

What the f*ck are you on about, Venus always gives credit to her opponent. Way more than Justine at least. At the AO 06 Final, she was asked if Amelie played well and she said 'Well it's easy to beat an injured opponent (herself)...but she was playing consistent...I think.' Yeah Serena not so much but who cares, at least she doesn't cheat nor retires from GS finals.

Goai
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:57 AM
Because there's two of them, Venus's respect + Serena's respect > Justine's respect

Renalicious
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:06 AM

Serena does give credit to Justine anyway. It was just that one time at the Open, because she had just lost three straight times to someeone who before, she could beat. I could understand her frustration, I wouldn't want to do the conference anyway.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/serena+williams/video/x2gmpm_serena-wimbledon-07-qf-interview_sport

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:16 AM
Serena does give credit to Justine anyway. It was just that one time at the Open, because she had just lost three straight times to someeone who before, she could beat. I could understand her frustration, I wouldn't want to do the conference anyway.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/serena+williams/video/x2gmpm_serena-wimbledon-07-qf-interview_sport

:sad: That's such a sad interview.

Kunal
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:46 AM
because the williams sisters have contributed to the sport of tennis at a way more higher level...they have had a truly global impact with their aura and personalities...although justine is a strong player she does not imbibe those qualities that a person cannot be taught to possess.

supergrunt
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:54 AM
Well Venus and Serena epitomize fair play on the court... :)

Aaron.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
Why the hell would you remake this? :confused:

supergrunt
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:59 AM
and good sportmanship because whether they win or lose they smile and are nice :) .. unless ofcourse... yes :)

Volcana
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:27 AM
Same answer as the other thread. They aren't more respected, but rather Henin and Serena get much more criticism than Venus.

Petersmiler
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
I was going to reply in a similar vein to how I replied in the other thread.

However, despite knowing exactly what time I had to post, and knowing that it may just get in the other posters' heads, I decided I needed the toilet instead.

Now I may return in a few minutes to see whether this has affected the other posters, it has worked for me once before so I thought I'd try it again.

Hell, if it doesn't work, I'll just use my usual excuse.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
yes Henin is number one now but honestly what Williams did to tennis as a whole's so great , forget this things about mannership , they're professional players , unless they actually make illegal things oncourt ,
what I mean's that Williams made tennis more popular and closer to more people , and they changed the game , good or bad it's not the point ,
tennis was an elite sport for what considered elite people in the western socity ,
there's a lot of fans who started to watch tennis cause of Williams ,
just like Sharapova and Myskina who I wouldn't be that fan of tennis if they didn't win a grand slam ,
that doesn't mean Henin's not good , she actually the most talented player in those players and we all know that , but that's not only what sport needs ,

Vlover
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Jankylicious;11934202]... their opponents and they give them NO credit.

If that is their biggest character flaw then I can live with that. Kissing opponents ass just to appease a fan base on message boards pales in comparison to unfair play on court that is being witnessed by millions of people. The majority of people believe what they see with their own eyes and form their opinions from that and not from the opinion of haters on a message board.

Justines transgressions were witnessed by millions and documented by video tape. She will always be linked worldwide with the infamous unsportmanship conducts especially at the '03 FO and '06 AO and there is nothing you and the rest of Williams haters can do about it.

The people I know appreciate and admire HONESTY and FAIRPLAY over meaningless praise that only appeals to ego but honesty and fairplay speaks to one's character. To each his own!

doni1212
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]

If that is their biggest character flaw then I can live with that. Kissing opponents ass just to appease a fan base on message boards pales in comparison to unfair play on court that is being witnessed by millions of people. The majority of people believe what they see with their own eyes and form their opinions from that and not from the opinion of haters on a message board.

Justines transgressions were witnessed by millions and documented by video tape. She will always be linked worldwide with the infamous unsportmanship conducts especially at the '03 FO and '06 AO and there is nothing you and the rest of Williams haters can do about it.

The people I know appreciate and admire HONESTY and FAIRPLAY over meaningless praise that only appeals to ego but honesty and fairplay speaks to one's character. To each his own!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

TLP
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Because there's two of them, Venus's respect + Serena's respect > Justine's respect

This is close to the truth but the real reason Venus and Serena are more respected is becasue they are taller and don't have a lingering smell of Belgian chocolate about their person.

Slutiana
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Venus is definatly the most respected in the tennis world out of all of them. With Venus you can't really go back and find some big scandal made by her. Shes very quiet and i think people mistook that for arrogance as Lindsay said something like: 'At least serena can bring herself to say hi. Venus can't/won't and she thinks shes da bomb or something' Over the years the roles has changed and serena is the 'baddie' and venus is the better sister. You can't really go back and find something that venus did which was really bad and hated. With serena and henin you can. With henin we have the hand and her AO pull out and many more. With serena theres just so many things - lucky shots is the most recent.

Sevenseas
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
I respect Venus for her graceful manner both in defeat and victory.

I respect Serena for her fighting spirit and hunger for triumph.

I respect Justine for a completely different reason. Even though I criticize her all the way concerning her on-court manners at different times, I respect her for standing up to all negative developments that life throws at her. How many women do you know that reach #1 at the rankings right after getting divorced? An average woman would fall to pieces at such a traumatic and devastating stage, but Justine continued to win grand slams and maintained her position as a champion.

These three women set a good example to other girls and women out there for being strong, firm & ambitious through fighting against hardship and grief in life rather than quitting and/or feeling sorry for yourself. Whether in sports or in other fields in life, all women should be utterly self-confident and stand strong no matter what.

Denise4925
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:38 AM
, she actually the most talented player in those players and we all know that , but that's not only what sport needs ,

I actually agree with everything you said, but this.