PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Battle of the Sexes match?

Sam L
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
I reckon Justine or Serena can beat Davydenko right now. What do you guys think?

Mightymirza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
umm no..have u seen davydenko play?? :o

Serenidad.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Davydenko is brutal. His groundstrokes are comparable to Dementieva on the women's side, except he can go down the line. I do wanna see Justine v Olivier Rochus.

justine schnyder
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
As much as I love Justine, she won't beat Nikolay Davydenko (Unless that match would be fixed...)

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Not a chance - Davydenko has explosive game and is brutally fit.

Justine could take it to Tim Henman or Nalbandian ... perhaps.:D

Tennis-Chick
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
As much as I love Justine, she won't beat Nikolay Davydenko (Unless that match would be fixed...)

That's a likely possibilty :tape:

Tennis-Chick
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM

Justine could take it to Tim Henman or Nalbandian ... perhaps.:D

Have you seen Nalbandian lately?? He just beat Federer in straights, and there is no way Justine is better than Federer. :eek:

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
That's a likely possibilty :tape:

:tape: :tape: :o

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Have you seen Nalbandian lately?? He just beat Federer in straights, and there is no way Justine is better than Federer. :eek:

Not recently, he's obviously got his act together. good player I like watching him.

Justine v Oliver Rochus .... then :D

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM

Justine could take it to Tim Henman or Nalbandian ... perhaps.:Dnalbandian?!:eek: ..have you seen mens tennis lately?:o

slydevil6142
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
HAHA are u kidding either player would get waxed off the court... the only way they could win is if they played 2-1 and even then chances are pretty slim. I love the girls but the guys in the top ten are no joke.

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
every player in the top 200 would wip the floor with henin

Tennis-Chick
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
:tape: :tape: :o

Someone was gonna say it sooner or later :p

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:06 PM
It will be today

Richie girl Gasquet vs Andy Murray

die_wahrheit
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Henin vs. Jankovic would be interesting. Jankovic could land another win for the women.

Cat123
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Henin vs. Jankovic would be interesting. Jankovic could land another win for the women.

:rolleyes: Have you seen their H2H??

UDACHi
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
he would absolutely demolish them. too consistent off the ground and consistently powerful serving.

AcesHigh
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Only Serena or Venus in their prime IMO could take a game off anyone in the top 100 on the men's tour. They had the power and athleticism to maybe stay in a few points.

Henin's lack of height and comparable power would doom her from the start.

Princeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
We need Karsten Braasch ! Where are you baby boy?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
I think some WTA players have a chance vs Massu - Gonzalez or Capdeville

alexia1huff
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Davydyenko would run them down to death, after 5 games they would be physically exausted. Maybe justine would hold a bit more, but serena has been moving less than average the last encounters.

Aaron.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
:spit: youre joking right?

Serena or Justine beating Davydenko :spit:

Mina Vagante
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
I think some WTA players have a chance vs Massu - Gonzalez or Capdeville

Is this a joke thread? Why would you think that either could beat davydenko! When he's on it's shocking:eek:

are you on about Fernando Gonzalez? Is so then OMG:o

Slutiana
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Is this a joke thread? Why would you think that either could beat davydenko! When he's on it's shocking:eek:

are you on about Fernando Gonzalez? Is so then OMG:o

well in his recent matches he hasn't even been trying and anyway if he plans on trying the girls could just get him to fix it. I can see the headlines now:

Brie Whitehead defeats Nikolay Davydenko 0-6 6-0 6-0 :drool:

I think Venus/Serena playing well would be able to take out Fillipe Volandri on a fast court. He plays like a girl. :o

Slutiana
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Davydyenko would run them down to death, after 5 games they would be physically exausted. Maybe justine would hold a bit more, but serena has been moving less than average the last encounters.

No, peak justine would barely get a game off any top 300 player. Shes just too small. Her height is fone for womens but the heavy topspin would rip the racket out of her hands. You need to have a lot of natural power to handle that. She doesn't have a lot.

misael
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
OH Heck Here we go again!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evan2907
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Serena, Justine can beat pretty easily men who are ranked after 100.
And I think that they can win few games versus most of the top100.

Poova
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
How many times have we gone through this? :o

Any top 200 male player (at LEAST) would beat ANY female player in straight sets, double-bagelling most of them. No question.

Mightymirza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
well best chance for females to win points is by coming at the net..;shrug: justine and amelie have the nest chance for serve and volleying..Maybe they can win a gam eor two :shrug:

DaMamaJama87
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Are u serious??? To have any chance of winning you would need to pick someone who is the opposite of Davydenko. Someone who has a big game but can crumble and make lots of errors. Like James Blake. The only way the girls would win points is by errors from the male. A consistent player like Davydenko would grind them to death.

AcesHigh
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
well best chance for females to win points is by coming at the net..;shrug: justine and amelie have the nest chance for serve and volleying..Maybe they can win a gam eor two :shrug:

um...no. The ball would come back too fast for any effective serve and volleying. Plus, with the power, pace, and amount of spin anyone in the top 200, any of those male players could probably easily lob it over Justine with her lack of height, flick a topspin passing shot past them, or just knock the racquet out of their hands.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:28 AM

LMAO!!! :spit:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
i'd give venus the best chance actually...because she feeds off pace the best and has the best net game and court coverage...playing her best tennis she would be the one to give the most trouble to pass as net, lob and hit winners against.....serena at her best too but her wingspan at the net wouldn't be as good as Venus' and jh at her best would be good but probably still be too short so her wingspan will also limit her and her serve tends to be a bit :help: ...her best shot would have to be a clay match but against a non clay courter (since the actual clay courters on the men's side like Nadal will have their top spin shots over her head so her backhand will more than likely breakdown like Fed's) or on a hard court against Volandri who is just crap all around....

Donny
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:40 AM
Donald Young would wipe the floor with any player in the WTA top ten.