PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel bad for Martina?

supergrunt
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Even as a Williams sisters fan you can't help but feel sympathy for Martina. I personalloy don't think that she would do drugs.

supergrunt
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XBEudbBYA

Tennis-Chick
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah of course I feel sorry for her, she has done so much for tennis and it's horrible that her career ended this way. :sad:

Poova
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Why should I feel sorry for her? No one forced her to take cocaine. :o
It's sad that her career is over, but I don't feel sorry for her.

pooh14
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
ya definitely.

there is no way she deserve to go out this way. this is far worse then retiring from injury.

Demska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
She got everything she deserved. She tested positive for taking class A illegal drugs. She knew the consequences.

justine schnyder
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yes.
I wish her career wouldn't ended that way.

Kworb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Yes I feel bad

She didn't take cocaine :rolleyes:

The hair test is far more reliable than a urine test..

matty
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yes. If she actually did it, she made a huge mistake! What a terrible way to end years of hard work and triumph. The only bright side to the story is that it was way late in her career and it wasn't a performance enhancing drug.

matty
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
I was just thinking about Jennifer Capriati...I know the circumstances were a lot different (she was younger and not on tour, I think) but fans still support and love her. I think Martina just let her guard down because she knew she would be retiring soon. She made a really poor decision, but I think she'll be fine at the end of the day and her legacy will live on relatively untarnished.

Sha_ra_po_va
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
martina hingis was a monstrous, arrogant, self-centred and jumped-up little swiss troll, who got everything coming to her (and more!) in the RG final of 1999. she never won another slam after that and her ignominious and 3rd tier career now has its fitting finale. RIP.

Keaka
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
Very

+/-
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Nope not at all.

sfselesfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
I feel awful for her.

SF

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Sad that any great player's career should end this way.

She is a very wealthy woman, she's earned it - time to move on.

thrust
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
martina hingis was a monstrous, arrogant, self-centred and jumped-up little swiss troll, who got everything coming to her (and more!) in the RG final of 1999. she never won another slam after that and her ignominious and 3rd tier career now has its fitting finale. RIP.

Hopefully, the real Sharapova isn^t as nasty a witch as you are!

-sugi-
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
yes :hug:

esquímaux
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
I know this probably isn't an appropriate comment given the occasion, but what language is she speaking in? It sounds sexy. Oh, and that blouse she's wearing is to die for!

Cat123
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
I feel bad for her but I don't think she's entirely innocent. Regardless, it's a horrible way to end a great career :(

Tennis-Chick
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
I know this probably isn't an appropriate comment given the occasion, but what language is she speaking in? It sounds sexy. Oh, and that blouse she's wearing is to die for!

German

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
you give us sharapova fans a good image you dumb*ss

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
She got everything she deserved. She tested positive for taking class A illegal drugs. She knew the consequences.

Your signature is pretty childish.

Craigy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM

Well it is Demska.

jul
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
I answer "yes".
It's a disaster for all her career . Even she's clean and didn't take drugs, this story will be following her all her life ...

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
pretty?

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
pretty?

"very" if you prefer.

daniela86
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Yes :sad: even if I'll be disappointed if she really took cocaine :(

Helen Lawson
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
If it's a false test-I feel awful for her.
If she used it recreationally before the tournament and it was still in her system-I feel awful for her.
If she was doing coke during the tournament, she had it coming.

I think it's likely the second option. Bad luck for sure.

Demska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm glad you like it all. :hearts:

Move on, she's gone.

RR-87
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM

you should be banned for this signature :fiery: :p

Martian Jeza

Move on, she's gone.

Like your nearly should do with your beloved Nastya but I've nothing against her well against fake fans like you. You tarnish the image of the Nastya fans by your behavior.

Demska
If it offends anyone then PM me to let me know. Once I receive 1000 + PM's I will happily take it down.

Demska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
Like your nearly should do with your beloved Nastya but I've nothing against her well against fake fans like you. You tarnish the image of the Nastya fans by your behavior.

Bitch please. :rolleyes:

Steffica Greles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
How can ANYONE answer this question until they have more idea of how cocaine came to show up in her results?

A) If she is entirely innocent and there has been a contamination or mistake, YES, of course I feel terrible for her. Although, I'm disappointed that she doesn't fight to clear her name, and retires rather than do what is necessary to make the most of her talents.

B) If she took cocaine recreationally, I feel bad for her because she's been nothing worse than stupid. We all make mistakes, and it's a pity that this has brought a great career to an end. But on balance, NO, I do not feel for her because in that case she is lying.

C) If she took medication or any other substance which produced the same metabolite as cocaine, as I think it highly likely, then I feel AWFUL for her. Poor girl. Obviously she can't explain to the press why she was taking those substances, because that's her private business.

D) If she's a regular user of cocaine, and is in denial, then I feel bad for her in the sense that she needs help, but as her statement would be a pack of lies in such a case, then no I do not feel sorry for her.

Princeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:32 PM

Don't bother answer to this 'i crave for attention' bitch

Olórin
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
If it offends anyone then PM me to let me know. Once I receive 1000 + PM's I will happily take it down.

Not enough people read your posts for you to get more than 5 PMs at most. And of those 5 I'm betting at least 4 read them for a laugh like me :lol:

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm so mad and sad at the same time I can't write properly anymore :mad:

Olórin
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Although, I'm disappointed that she doesn't fight to clear her name, and retires rather than do what is necessary to make the most of her talents.

Why is no-one picking up on the fact that she IS fighting to clear her name! She has hired a lawyer and has made an emotive statement to the effect that she abhorrs the use of drugs in sports.

She simply doesn't want to combine this lengthy legal process with an ailing tennis career. It's been hard enough on her anyway for the last 6 months. As I said on another thread in terms of her tennis this really was "the straw that broke the camel's back." Martina seems to play her best when she is enjoying tennis, smiling and playing almost care-free. How is she to do this if she is in a storm of drug allegations. How can she improve? She can't - that's she answer.

If people see her retirement as an indictment of guilt, they need to read further into the matter imho.

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Bitch please. :rolleyes:what the heck u think you are? can`t believe you haven`t been banned yet. You never bring anything to the forum but hate

Steffica Greles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Why is no-one picking up on the fact that she IS fighting to clear her name! She has hired a lawyer and has made an emotive statement to the effect that she abhorrs the use of drugs in sports.

She simply doesn't want to combine this lengthy legal process with an ailing tennis career. It's been hard enough on her anyway for the last 6 months. As I said on another thread in terms of her tennis this really was "the straw that broke the camel's back." Martina seems to play her best when she is enjoying tennis, smiling and playing almost care-free. How is she to do this if she is in a storm of drug allegations. How can she improve? She can't - that's she answer.

If people see her retirement as an indictment of guilt, they need to read further into the matter imho.

Good post. No, you're right in that Hingis said she's a hundred percent innocent, and has spoken to her lawyers, but without reading the statement again, she said that she didn't want a big fight with the anti-doping movement. Surely a world class player, with a place cemented in the sport's history, would fight vigorously to clear their name.

Having said all of this, Hingis has been allowed to enter tournaments since Wimbledon, so obviously nobody deemed the findings that serious. Could all this just be a smokescreen for poor motivation to continue due to an ailing career? She knew it would reach the press anyway, so she decided to use it as an excuse to leave tennis when the going got tough, once again.

hingis44
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
oh yes when i see her so sad i am very very sad because she is innocent and she must to stop her career for not have problems. Its so stupid

RenaSlam.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Why on earth would you feel bad for a drug addict, who tained her career as a result of her addiction.

Martina has been an adult for quite some time now...what goes around, comes around in her case.

Love you, Marti!!! :hearts:

Craigy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:03 PM

Move on, she's gone.

Well clearly you haven't moved on. :hearts:

Demska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Well clearly you haven't moved on. :hearts:

Must you quote everything I say. It's becoming quite creepy :scared: :scared: :scared:

sonnys
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
:sad: :confused: :fiery:

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Must you quote everything I say. It's becoming quite creepy :scared: :scared: :scared:
and you`re becoming quite annoying

winone23
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
If she's innocent Yes
If she's guilty No

Craigy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM

Yes. :D

Aaron.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
what the heck u think you are? can`t believe you haven`t been banned yet. You never bring anything to the forum but hate I agree.

Dumbass Demska should be banned

Olórin
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
and you`re becoming quite annoying

Becoming? :p

waterlily_021989
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
I feel so bad for her!it's not fair that her career ended this way!she will always be my number one!

miffedmax
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I don't know whether to feel sorry for her or not, because I don't know whether the charges are true, or if she has a substance abuse problem or anything else.

I definitey feel sorry for her fans. Either their fave is the victim of a monstrous screw-up, or they have been badly let down by someone they admire.

Neither one of those is good.

sweetpeas
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
of course I feel sorry for her, she has done so much for tennis and it's horrible that her career ended this way

Total agree!:sad: Take care of yourself MS.Hingis....It"s not the end of the world,shit happens?

GOOD LUCK....

LoveFifteen
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Martina, you can stand under my umbrella! :sobbing:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Of course I feel for MArtina, I believe she is innocent and I'm sad to see her retire amidst such a scandal.

MisterQ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
I do feel bad, even if the tests were correct. The woman has done so much for tennis, and in recent years she's done quite a bit as a philanthropist. I would like her to have a legacy free of these sorts of issues.

I also feel bad simply because Martina loves playing tennis -- that much is clear -- and I'm sure at least part of her wishes she could continue.

If I believed that this was a case of drug use for performance enhancement, I would have less pity. But I doubt this is the case.

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
And Demska the retard gave me a badrep, wtf ? Get a life ! :rolleyes:

frontier
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
I dont feel sorry for her,she got what she deserved.She should have thought of her legacy and fans when she was snorting,obviously she didnt care so why should anybody care.Tough titty!

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
I dont feel sorry for her,she got what she deserved.She should have thought of her legacy and fans when she was snorting,obviously she didnt care so why should anybody care.Tough titty!

Even when there's no proof yet she "used" cocaïne to get better performance on the tennis court :rolleyes: Come on, don't hide it, be honest and show you hate Hingis. Your comment just is bullshit !

MatchpointPRT
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
I feel bad when i think about this, because it´s really unfair and an horrible way to end her career. I´m seeing that some people here are taking the chance to say stupid things about her, even if they can´t be sure about this, that is also really sad. On the other hand, i´m not surprised to see the players, her fans, williams sisters fans and other players fans supporting her because even not liking her as a player or as a person, im sure that most of the people don´t believe that she took cocaine.

Il Primo!
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Well, why should I? I mean, I didn't force her to blow a whole box of coke. Plus, she was done in advance for the GS, she still has money in the bank, she's tapped by a billionaire... I'd rather feel sorry for a Olga Poutchkova like person.
Anyways I'm to self centered to feel emotions for players who are not even my favs.
She deserves what she gets. She's not confirmed positive by the both sample for nothing. It's like women, they don't get pregnant by drinking holly water!

Neptune
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
I don't feel bad for her.I feel bad for people who think she's totally clean.That's why I hate the word "fan".

shrOOf
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:08 AM
Nope. Not at all.

Natalicious
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:09 AM
no way

LindsayRulz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Yes :sad:

Vlad Tepes
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Of course I do, I feel horrible for her, this is a rotten way to end a career marked by so many successes :sad:

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
I feel bad for her fans.

Martina is robust and rich, she'll survive.

NeeemZ
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
Of course I feel bad. No one's career deserves to end this way and especially a player like Martina who has done so much for the sport.

serenafann
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Though never a fan of hers,I do feel bad for,she brought alot of good to tennis in regards to her clever thoughtful playing style.Hopefully if she is innocent she will move heaven and earth to prove it and not let her career end on this note.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
no...i believe she took it...she's not incapable of doing wrong things...just cause you don't see her do it on court doesn't mean she doesn't do it off court...plus i don't buy her excuse for being to old....did she only NOW figure out that she is 27? i thought she would have known that last year as well when she was coming back?

VishaalMaria
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:18 AM
She's innocent. So I do feel sorry for her, but I know I shouldn't; she's a tough cookie. She'll get past this.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
no...i believe she took it...she's not incapable of doing wrong things...just cause you don't see her do it on court doesn't mean she doesn't do it off court...plus i don't buy her excuse for being to old....did she only NOW figure out that she is 27? i thought she would have known that last year as well when she was coming back?

same here-i doubt she has a problem as some are claiming, so she had cocaine once or twice, its not that big a deal but i dont feel sorry for her. she didnt have to retire, a positive cocaine test has only resulted in a 2 month ban in the past, that wouldnt make that much difference. she knows she cant compete with the top players anymore so shes quitting

flyingmachine
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:26 AM
What a shame. :sad:

Dawn Marie
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Of course I feel bad for her. She gave a hair sample and it came out negative. I just feel sad that her career had to end this way. Even if she did do coke I still feel sad. Hingis wasn't my favorite but she was a great tennis player who did alot for the game. Tennis is different from any other sport because we get to watch the players grow up through the years and mature. I always enjoy watching her play the game. Also being a sentimental person, she came in the era when I first started to watch the game. All her rivalries with Venus and Serena were entertaining. I feel sad that I won't see any more Venus and Hingis matches. I feel bad for the WTA Tour.

I don't believe for one second that if she did have cocaine in her system that she used it to enhance her game. That is bullshit. Hingis knows how to play without needing any performance enhancement drugs.

The older I get the more I believe that nobody is perfect and maybe we shouldn't judge so quickly. We make mistakes and if she did use I feel that this is the time that help is needed. Knocking people down when they're already down is heartless at times. I'm guilty of doing it, but I am trying to work on this.

It's a sad day in tennis and I feel for her fans and Martina . I know that if this were Venus that ALOT of haters would go nuts and trash her. Yet I don't have the heart to trash Martina or the fans and I think it shows good character to support the Hingis fans during this time.

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:39 AM
I feel bad that it is tainting her career and the sport, whether it's true or not. But, if she did it, I don't feel bad for her b/c she knew the consequences of her actions. If she didn't do it, I feel bad for her b/c the taint will never go away.

*JR*
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
same here-i doubt she has a problem as some are claiming, so she had cocaine once or twice, its not that big a deal but i dont feel sorry for her. she didnt have to retire, a positive cocaine test has only resulted in a 2 month ban in the past, that wouldnt make that much difference. she knows she cant compete with the top players anymore so shes quitting
Forgive my anger, but you don't know WTF you're talking about regarding today's penalties, which are based on the WADA Code. Had Marti been found guilty (and despite what Larry Scott said, that is the presumption in all banned drug cases) or confessed she'd have gotten the same 2 years (from the date of her last match if she pled guilty, or the ITF tribunal's decision if she fought it).

Very few things in the "business first, sport second" of pro tennis ever make me feel like crying, but this is one of them. :bigcry:

Sally Todd
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
It's a lousy way to go out. if she really does go out this way. At least in terms of being accepted into the world of past greats. It's not like the networks are going to be racing for her commentary. And how will they handle it when (or now if?) she's inducted into the Hall of Fame?

I actually kind of like her for it, it makes her more human. She obviously was torn between her devotion to the game and all that came with it and a need to just live. So she did something very stupid at Wimbledon. I would guess that every one of us posting here except some Nancy Reagan clones have done something stupid at least once.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
I feel bad for Martina. I worry that this will overshadow her legacy and her achievements as a tennis player.
But if she did do this, then it's her own fault.

I feel really bad for her fans, this has got to be crushing. :hug:

Miranda
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:01 AM
yes, although i never was her fans, its sad to see her ended her career in such dramatic and sad way, i still remember clearly how this board exploded and her fans's joy for her come back, but just in 2 short years, she retired again :sad:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:12 AM
sure , when you're famos your faults spred every way ,,

*JR*
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
yes, although i never was her fans, its sad to see her ended her career in such dramatic and sad way, i still remember clearly how this board exploded and her fans's joy for her come back, but just in 2 short years, she retired again :sad:
Marti won 2 Tier I's in those 2 years, more than a Certain Compatriot has in the 10 years from her breakout season through the one just concluded.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:17 AM
I really don't feel sorry for her and I don't know why. Its sad that her career ended on this note, but after the lies of other athletes lately about their drug taking, I just don't completely buy her innocence. I hope that this is a misunderstanding, but if she did do the drug and denies it, then I have no respect for her.

BrianII
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:29 AM
I'm inclined to feel sorry for the tour itself than for martina ... I'm not a fan of hers so my thinking is not clouded by fan loyalty nor is my gut reaction to believe the worst about her because I'm not a fan.
I believe Martina will pretty easily win her case and be cleared of these charges though it may take time. the test she took for herself "the hair test " is far more reliable, has a much longer time frame and actually you're about twice as likely to be found guilty, ie its more sensitive, than the "urine test".
If as she claims the hair test proves negative, ..well its her hair and can be easily verified ...and since the time frame for detection is close to a year (using body hair) someone correct me if I'm wrong, there's plenty of time to force the testing body to do their own hair test if they are so inclined to dispute hers. Of course I'm approaching this as a lay man and I'm sure there are all types of legal issues and motions etc.. which draw this process out.
But if she is found innocent what does that do to the credibility of the testing procedure and who is the next player to go through this.
I understand In a case like this most of us will believe what we want to believe and in a large part this will be decided by whether we like or dislike the accused and I'm no different ...still I'm astonished by the number of people that believe Martina is stupid enough (whether you like/dislike her) to have done this ... she been a pro since 1994, tested literally hundreds of times.. I mean exactly how random are these test ..I cant believe that your regular early round cannon fodder get tested as much as the top players.
A performancing enhancing drug ..at least that would make more sense (may be the rewards would be worth the risk) but cocaine makes no sense at all.

gumoll
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:30 AM
yes :sobbing:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM

:spit: Now i know what to get ya for X-mas :hehehe:

Utautai
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:00 AM
yes :mad:

Why on earth would you feel bad for a drug addict, who tained her career as a result of her addiction.

Martina has been an adult for quite some time now...what goes around, comes around in her case.

hiii! maybe it's time for you to take out the underlined portion of your signature! :kiss:

http://www.wtaworld.com/member.php?u=33492

Prepare for Serena to kick the shit out of all your faves in 2007!

Sally Struthers
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
How could you feel bad for her? She's got everything anyone could ever want. It's unfortunate that her career ended this way but tennis is not the only thing in the world. I feel bad for her fans (myself included) though. Sometimes I think she's been selfish and cheated us out of the best that she could do by being lazy and unmotivated at times. But still she's done more than everyone except a select handful of people ever.

Black Mamba.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:26 AM
No

RJWCapriati
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
A little - I'm still a little confused about the situation

Kunal
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:45 AM
no i dont...i think there is more to this story than meets the eye

Jeff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:05 AM
Yes I feel bad, and ultimately as a fan, it is almost like having a good friend for a long time, only to discover that you never really knew them. As a fan, it's just a major shock and just disappointing to know that one of your favorite athletes will go down as an athlete retired from cocaine use - Just very sad. She tested positive on A and B, so the writing is on the wall. It doesn't change who she is, or who I think she is, which is a great athlete with an infectious personality and smarts, but she will still be remembered for this and her fans will remember (as non-fans and the media will never let us forget) and it is very sad.

Veritas
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Even though I'm disappointed with her decision to quit, I can't imagine having to deal with what's been going on in her life recently.

She's just broken up with her fiance, has had a bad year on the circuit and is now faced with what could be a significant stain on a fantastic career.

Like her or dislike her, only scums will gloat and enjoy this.

Hashim.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:32 AM
ofcourse :sad::awww:

Zauber
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
Its hard to feel sorry for her.
As a person she never showed much care for other peoples feelings.
She allways had the sharpest tongue around.
However this does not detract one bit from her great accomplisments as a tennis player.
She was truly one of the greats of all time.

remember this is not taking druggs to help her in her performance as a tennis player.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Even though I'm disappointed with her decision to quit, I can't imagine having to deal with what's been going on in her life recently.

She's just broken up with her fiance, has had a bad year on the circuit and is now faced with what could be a significant stain on a fantastic career.

i don't feel sorry for her...am i scum? :confused:

supergrunt
Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Martina, you can stand under my umbrella! :sobbing:

:lol:

But anyways, even if she did do cocaine I still feel bad becasue we all make mistakes and she shouldn't let this end her career. You could tell by some of her last few matches that she wasn't playing well though :erm: .

The Kaz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM

You are loving this aren't you RenaTroll :rolleyes:

Talula
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah of course I feel sorry for her, she has done so much for tennis and it's horrible that her career ended this way. :sad:

That about sums it up for me. Where on earth does she go from here? Poor Martina, so many people have taken cocaine and smoke marijuana for all sorts of reasons. Neither help you win a slam. It's almost de rigeur in 'celebrity' circles to take cocaine and most famous people, including Presidents and Prime Ministers, have done it. It's time to have a different way of thinking about the use of such things. By labelling them 'drugs' they sound evil, but they aren't really drugs.

Talula
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

darice
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
i totally feel bad for marti! this is so unfair! :mad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:39 PM
That about sums it up for me. Where on earth does she go from here? Poor Martina, so many people have taken cocaine and smoke marijuana for all sorts of reasons. Neither help you win a slam. It's almost de rigeur in 'celebrity' circles to take cocaine and most famous people, including Presidents and Prime Ministers, have done it. It's time to have a different way of thinking about the use of such things. By labelling them 'drugs' they sound evil, but they aren't really drugs.

if it's not a drug what is it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

radwanska
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:48 PM
of course i feel sad for martina hingis,the girl admitted herself she would personally be afraid to take drugs.Its just not her style and i hope people dont talk about this too much because i hope it doesnt put a shield over her amazing career.look at guillermo coria he was also framed years ago for drugs which he didnt take.Well done Martina for all you have done for tennis and you will be a true champ on and off the court for me always...

SunriseSunset
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Not at all. She was rude and karma has bitten her in the backside. All those mean remarks about Serena, Venus, Mauresmo, etc were totally unnecessary and then to have the nerve to insult the current players by saying that the game hasn't changed since you left...pur-lease. If it hadn't changed, why didn't she return to the number one spot.

Doesn't deserve an ounce of my sympathy.

Pheobo
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
No.

I love Martina but I don't see any reason to feel sorry for her. We know she's not a cokehead or whatever and she retired on her own accord. She had a great career and she's set for life, financially. She gets to retire at 27. Any respectable person doesn't want the whole world taking pity on them anyways.

micah63
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Even as a Williams sisters fan you can't help but feel sympathy for Martina. I personalloy don't think that she would do drugs.

But she did.
And now she lies about it. And tries cheap publicity stunts (eg. hair test) which clinched it for me.
Disgraceful.

Martian Jeza
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:33 AM
But she did.
And now she lies about it. And tries cheap publicity stunts (eg. hair test) which clinched it for me.
Disgraceful.

Yeah, Martina is a liar, a hypocrite : shame on her. She made some mistakes during her career ( her childish behavior at RG 1999 final for example ) but she ALWAYS has been fair with the tennisworld and her fans.

AaronJoyB
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:37 AM
No

Xander
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Martina fans join us:

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=322523

:)

barmaid
Nov 6th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Do I feel bad for Martina? Yes, of course that goes without saying for any athlete to use cocaine is stupid and inexcusable:devil: however she vehemently protests her involvement in using the drug so I feel confident she can beat this accusation:angel: Its hard to feel bad for Martina when you see her strutting around Zurich with her current boyfriend a billionaire no less...so times are certainly "not hard" on the other hand if she were to forever tarnish her glorious career with a "guilty" tag then I would feel sorry for her :sad: for everyone in this world is responsible for their own actions and she is no exception! But I'm hoping she can clear her name and preserve the excellent tennis legend she was.:worship:

barmaid:wavey: