PDA

View Full Version : Martina is an ADDICT!!

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
I wish people would stop saying Martina is so "stupid". She is not stupid, she is an addict. Addicts act irrationally, puting their drug of choice before their careers, they families, even their own lives. Martina :help: , Cocaine Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, something. She is deep denial right now. I hope someone convinces her to try a 12 step program.

Never, a big Martina fan, I was shocked and saddened by this news. I watched Martina play Sonia Mirza this summer in Carson, and what sticks out in my mind most is her changeover chair. All of her things, her bag, energy drinks, towels, etc were all neatly arranged, very tidy. Sonia's stuff was all thrown about near her chair, bag open spilling over. Not sure what this really means...

Good luck, Martina. I hope you get the help you need to live a productive and sober life.:wavey:

Slutiana
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
:o

mankind
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:01 PM
Addicts can be stupid. That's usually how they become addicts.
This is all speculation anyway, and this is a trollish thread if I ever saw one.

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
This is all speculation anyway, and this is a trollish thread if I ever saw one.

Sounds like you are in deep denial too...wake up honey, ole girl is a junkie....all the signs are there.

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM

being smart or stupid has nothing to do with addiction. Some very intelligent folks are/were addicts, Drew Barrymore, Beethoven, Ray Charles, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Miles Davis, Jaime Lee Curtis, Roseanne, some of the Kennedy family members and many, many, others...

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
I wish people would stop saying Martina is so "stupid". She is not stupid, she is an addict. Addicts act irrationally, puting their drug of choice before their careers, they families, even their own lives. Martina :help: , Cocaine Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, something. She is deep denial right now. I hope someone convinces her to try a 12 step program.

Never, a big Martina fan, I was shocked and saddened by this news. I watched Martina play Sonia Mirza this summer in Carson, and what sticks out in my mind most is her changeover chair. All of her things, her bag, energy drinks, towels, etc were all neatly arranged, very tidy. Sonia's stuff was all thrown about near her chair, bag open spilling over. Not sure what this really means...

Good luck, Martina. I hope you get the help you need to live a productive and sober life.:wavey:

Oh for heaven's sake children .... :rolleyes:

Tina MAY have tested positive for a non-performance enhancing stimulant that is deemed illegal by dumbass authorities around the world. Hingis is a big girl, rather wealthy with it - and can take the appropriate measures if she has a problem with that nasty substance.

Steffica Greles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:12 PM

:worship:

I'm not saying that you're right, but I think you might have nailed it. It's possible that she has some sort of addiction.

Can someone post that picture of her at the conference yesterday, and then see how old the woman looked?

I think she's possibly got some sort of addiction, or more likely, she has an illness, and the treatment she is under produces the metabolite which showed up on her test results. She probably doesn't want people to know about the illness, which is fair enough.

mankind
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
being smart or stupid has nothing to do with addiction. Some very intelligent folks are/were addicts, Drew Barrymore, Beethoven, Ray Charles, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Miles Davis, Jaime Lee Curtis, Roseanne, some of the Kennedy family members and many, many, others...

I mean you make stupid choices. You can have an IQ of 155 and be an addict. Doesn't make you smart :shrug:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
:worship:

I'm not saying that you're right, but I think you might have nailed it. It's possible that she has some sort of addiction.

Can someone post that picture of her at the conference yesterday, and then see how old the woman looked?

I think she's possibly got some sort of addiction, or more likely, she has an illness, and the treatment she is under produces the metabolite which showed up on her test results. She probably doesn't want people to know about the illness, which is fair enough.
http://sp1.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4281652628 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3DMartina%2520Hingis%26fr2%3Dtab-web%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501&w=256&h=192&imgurl=www.girlskickbutt.com%2Fimages%2Fprofile%2F martina_hingis.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.girlskickbutt.com%2Fbio%2Fma rtina_hingis&size=6.8kB&name=martina_hingis.jpg&p=Martina+Hingis&type=jpeg&no=12&tt=29,625&oid=371e2d8908a99ba0&ei=UTF-8)
Before

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071101/capt.70d60b8ea5634f9ab7ea7e6c4cf55444.switzerland_ tennis_hingis_doping_zur190.jpg?x=380&y=259&sig=7rNDX.LIAjeQejqWFA.3aA--
yesterday

RenaSlam.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Martina is weak.

Demska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
So is Serena :shrug:

Steffica Greles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
That's not so bad, although she does look older than 27.

But the close-up one made her look in her late 30s, or even a young-looking woman in her early 40s.

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
I mean you make stupid choices. You can have an IQ of 155 and be an addict. Doesn't make you smart :shrug:

Making "stupid choices" is part of addiction. Like getting behind the wheel of a car when you are high or showing up at work loaded thinking no one would notice.

Martina Hingis got high knowing she would be random drug tested. And she is still denying it, despite the test results.

As I said, I am still in shock about this news. I will be the first to eat crow if the test results are wrong, but...

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:22 PM

What do you mean? When did Serena test positive for any illegal substance? Do tell.

Steffica Greles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Martina is weak.

Martina and Serena both suffer from the same problem: their own ego.

Serena is a better player and a better athlete, so she can just about muddle along, looking fat, drained and sluggish (some might also call that weak). Martina runs away and retires because she can't face plummeting down the rankings, at the "old" age of....twenty seven. WTF?!?

Neither will face their problems, because in their own minds that would shatter their illusions of belonging at the top, as they are, almost by divine right.

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
That's not so bad, although she does look older than 27.

But the close-up one made her look in her late 30s, or even a young-looking woman in her early 40s.

Drugs will take their toll. Martina has retired from tennis, but she still could face criminal charges, like possession, if the authorities decide to search her house, car, etc. Cocaine is illegal everywhere (even in Switzerland) as far as I know. Perhaps if that happens it will be the wakeup call she needs.:confused:

Before too long, those who sold her the coke will be singing like birds...

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Martina and Serena both suffer from the same problem: their own ego.

Serena is a better player and a better athlete, so she can just about muddle along, looking fat, drained and sluggish (some might also call that weak). Martina runs away and retires because she can't face plummeting down the rankings, at the "old" age of....twenty seven. WTF?!?

Neither will face their problems, because in their own minds that would shatter their illusions of belonging at the top, as they are, almost by divine right.

Serena's ego, is not the same thing as Martina's addiction to coke...not even close...

keirana332
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm not going to make a call about Martina's guilt, I'm not sure anyone knows enough about what's going on to do so. Whatever the case, its an unbelievably tragic end to a great career, a sad day for tennis and if anything is going on, hopefully she's in a place to fix it. I find it hard to comprehend how long she's been hiding this secret, and i'm guessing that at least partially explains her weary appearance. Secrets are hard to keep, especially ones like these. Wonder why it hasn't been leaked earlier?

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
I'm not going to make a call about Martina's guilt, I'm not sure anyone knows enough about what's going on to do so. Whatever the case, its an unbelievably tragic end to a great career, a sad day for tennis and if anything is going on, hopefully she's in a place to fix it. I find it hard to comprehend how long she's been hiding this secret, and i'm guessing that at least partially explains her weary appearance. Secrets are hard to keep, especially ones like these. Wonder why it hasn't been leaked earlier?
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Addicts are very good at hiding their "secret". They will get mad if anyone even suggest they have a problem and avoid those who know something is wrong. Perhaps her mother knew, or her ever-changing boyfriends...

I agree with you. It is no time of gloating. It is a sad day for tennis and a bad year for women's sports (see Marion Jones) altogether:(

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Serena's ego, is not the same thing as Martina's addiction to coke...not even close...

Who said Martina is addicted?

Go to any party of hip young professional gunslingers, 90% of them would have done a line or two. Not smart, not clever but hardly addiction.

Boreas
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
another idiotic thread about Martina:o . Yesterday she became my fave:worship:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Who said Martina is addicted?

Go to any party of hip young professional gunslingers, 90% of them would have done a line or two. Not smart, not clever but hardly addiction.

I agree.

But Martina is a world class champion athlete who knew she is random drug tested, yet she still chose to use. That kind of recklessness is a sign of addiction.

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
another idiotic thread about Martina:o . Yesterday she became my fave:worship:

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the thread. Go somewhere and pray your new "fave" will play tennis again, and not end up behind bars.:wavey:

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
I agree.

But Martina is a world class champion athlete who knew she is random drug tested, yet she still chose to use. That kind of recklessness is a sign of addiction.

Just because you choose to do one line does not make you an addict. It could've been just an impulse thing at the time or something that happened in the spur of the moment, that she just regrets now.

Sefo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yesterday she became my fave:worship:

Why, because of the drugs? Is this something to behold and worship?

I too believe she's an addict. For a former multi GS champion, I would expect her to play not worse than Patty Schnyder. She's fit and not injured, still she doesn't deliver. Why Patty, who's a couple of years older, looks and plays a much more fresher tennis. Or Bammer, or Davenport.

selesfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Whwn I heard the story, I didn't believe she would do drugs but after seing the press conference, I think she might have, she looked like she was 40 and beat. I really feel sorry for her and hope she is not addicted.:(

Craigy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:01 PM

So are you.

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Why, because of the drugs? Is this something to behold and worship?

I too believe she's an addict. For a former multi GS champion, I would expect her to play not worse than Patty Schnyder. She's fit and not injured, still she doesn't deliver. Why Patty, who's a couple of years older, looks and plays a much more fresher tennis. Or Bammer, or Davenport.

If you're talking about Hingis, she has had injuries since May onwards. I think it was either the back or the hip.

Cp6uja
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Her cocaine negative hair test from september is not enough to proove that she is clean that day in June, but that is enough to proove that Martina is NOT ADDICTED!

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Her cocaine negative hair test from september is not enough to proove that she is clean that day in June, but that is enough to proove that Martina is NOT ADDICTED!

Agreed.

RenaSlam.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
Martina Hingis is an addict.

Get it together, people.

Aaron.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM

Get it together, people. gET it TogeTHeR!!! What kinda username is REnaSLaM588????????????? aRE yu on CraCK get it TogetERR!!

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
So is Serena :shrug: so is myskina :shrug: , and martina's not weak :p

tennisbear7
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
OKAY, so Martina is a drug addict because she was more tidy than Sania Mirza at a match? LOL.

go hingis
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think Martina looked so old because of the make-up. I'm sure she's had more tests since Wimbledon and nothing at all suggests she's an addict except negative hateful posters.

hablo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Martina looks like she is in her late 30s, early 40s.

She looks her age imo.

She just has too much makeup on and is very stressed, upset, etc. Hard to look youthful in such conditions.

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
OKAY, so Martina is a drug addict because she was more tidy than Sania Mirza at a match? LOL.

:lol: Nadal and Federer must also be addicts :rolleyes:

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
She looks her age imo.

She just has too much makeup on and is very stressed, upset, etc. Hard to look youthful in such conditions.

:yeah: Exactly, but what would some of these hateful posters know. I'm sure most of them are still living at home with mummy and daddy :baby: and have never even experienced life let alone what someone going through a stressful situation looks like!

harloo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM

Bingo. Personally, I think Martina got with a few friends and decided to give it a try. Cocaine is the drug of choice for a lot of rich girls. Martina is just probably in the early stages of denial and doesn't want to upset fans. I think any rational person (and non-hateful folks) would understand that she's not perfect and made a mistake. I wish her the best because I have a cousin addicted to cocaine and it's not pretty. I don't believe Martina is at that stage though.

misael
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=spokenword73;11931069]I wish people would stop saying Martina is so "stupid". She is not stupid, she is an addict. Addicts act irrationally, puting their drug of choice before their careers, they families, even their own lives. Martina :help: , Cocaine Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, something. She is deep denial right now. I hope someone convinces her to try a 12 step program.

Good luck, Martina. I hope you get the help you need to live a productive and sober life.:wavey:[,How the hell do you know anything ,you're just making assumptions, maynbe it was an isolated time,for you to say that she's a addict is stupid and unfounded.You and I don't know anything about this,You said you were never a Martina fan.DUH!!

Mightymirza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
What do you mean? When did Serena test positive for any illegal substance? Do tell.

I think she means serena is addicted to Big Macs :o

IndyMauresmoFan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
I watched Martina play Sonia Mirza this summer in Carson, and what sticks out in my mind most is her changeover chair. All of her things, her bag, energy drinks, towels, etc were all neatly arranged, very tidy. Sonia's stuff was all thrown about near her chair, bag open spilling over. Not sure what this really means...

I think it means...you are on crack!! Why are you even posting a thread about Martina??!!

You should be getting a thread together on why Serena loses to Justine AGAIN at the YEC.

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
I think she means serena is addicted to Big Macs :o

:haha: :haha: :haha: I'm sure they will be illegal soon - they are sooooo bad for you :tape:

Mforensic
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Addiction was never mentioned in the report....so let's stop that rumor....also the test was positive for a substance that may be similar to cocaine. many drugs that are used in the medical field mimic cocaine, without being cocaine, yet can produce a positive test. Poppy seeds can produce a positive opiates test, yet they are put on hamburger buns. So are they all opiate addicts for eating hamburgers? Come on people! quit the speculation and wait for the facts.

matty
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Spending most of your life on a tennis court and often outdoors in the sun will age a person pretty fast. An addict? Gimme a break. Has she ever tested positive before. This is one of the lamest threads ever...just trying to get a reaction from people...I guess it's working.

MistyGrey
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Whether or not she used cocaine is arguable, one thing that is not is that she is NOT an addict!
Stupid thread! :o

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Boy, Martina fans are in as much denial as she is. :rolleyes:

What are you gonna say when the person who sold her the coke starts talking to the tabloids/getting paid$$$

To those who think this is a one-time thing, why would she choose to use coke one time at one of the biggest tournaments of the year???? This is not a one time thing. Anyone that uses coke has a seriousssssssss problem...

It would be bad enough if Martina had tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, but COKE??? The girl just wanted to be high...probably worried she would have to face Serena or Venus.

esquímaux
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Sounds like you are in deep denial too...wake up honey, ole girl is a junkie....all the signs are there.:spit::haha::lol:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM

Get it together, people.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
I think it means...you are on crack!! Why are you even posting a thread about Martina??!!

You should be getting a thread together on why Serena loses to Justine AGAIN at the YEC.

Now if could just figure out what "vitamin" causes those nasty sores on Justine's lips...YUK!!!:help:

Wayn77
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Now if could just figure out what "vitamin" causes those nasty sores on Justine's lips...YUK!!!:help:

Bedtime, child! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

+/-
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
guess she is.

Helen Lawson
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
If she was a cocaine addict, she would be rail thin. She's not.

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM

BETTER YOU WORRY ABOUT WHAT CAUSES MORE THAN AVERAGE FACIAL HAIR ON SERENA'S CHEEKS http://yelims1.free.fr/Beurk/Beurk12.gif

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
If she was a cocaine addict, she would be rail thin. She's not.

not necessairly...remember John Belushi and John Candy??? They were chubbie addicts...

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
BETTER YOU WORRY ABOUT WHAT CAUSES MORE THAN AVERAGE FACIAL HAIR ON SERENA'S CHEEKS http://yelims1.free.fr/Beurk/Beurk12.gif

No what I really want to know is did Justine's husband leave her raggedy azz???:wavey:

thomas.chung
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Boy, Martina fans are in as much denial as she is. :rolleyes:

What are you gonna say when the person who sold her the coke starts talking to the tabloids/getting paid$$$

To those who think this is a one-time thing, why would she choose to use coke one time at one of the biggest tournaments of the year???? This is not a one time thing. Anyone that uses coke has a seriousssssssss problem...

It would be bad enough if Martina had tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, but COKE??? The girl just wanted to be high...probably worried she would have to face Serena or Venus.

If Martina is addicted to cocaine, then Serena must be addicted to super-sized big mac. I have to say that even if Serena is one of my favourites. You are just making things up here which has no basis and it is only your twisted mind that she is addicted.

I will believe that she is an addict when I see a photo of her or hear people actually see her snorting coke.

Helen Lawson
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
not necessairly...remember John Belushi and John Candy??? They were chubbie addicts...

You have a point, but they drank non-stop, too.

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
No what I really want to know is did Justine's husband leave her raggedy azz???:wavey:

Worry more about Serena - she is in a worst state than Justine :lol:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
If Martina is addicted to cocaine, then Serena must be addicted to super-sized big mac. I have to say that even if Serena is one of my favourites. You are just making things up here which has no basis and it is only your twisted mind that she is addicted.

I will believe that she is an addict when I see a photo of her or hear people actually see her snorting coke.

Don't Hate.

Why bring Serena into Martina's debacle? Serena has not tested positive for coke. Martina has. She is an addict, in my opinion. A silly one too. Snorted coke before one of the biggest tournament knowing she could be drug tested???
She must have wanted to get caught.:angel:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
Worry more about Serena - she is in a worst state than Justine :lol:

Serena is just fine, my dear. In fact, last time I checked, Serena has more GS, endorsements, fans and intergrity than Ms. Lips.:D

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Serena is just fine, my dear. In fact, last time I checked, Serena has more GS, endorsements, fans and intergrity than Ms. Lips.:D

So you've counted how many fans Serena has and how many Justine has around the world then? Wow ... you must be exhausted all that travelling. Did you do it with a computer or with pen and paper?

More integrity? :spit: Now I know you are doing this for a joke and this is a spoof thread from you and not serious at all. :haha: :haha: Very good, you had me there for a moment, but I caught on. :lol: :lol:

Funny, good one :yeah: Thanks for the laugh, I enjoyed it! :wavey:

homogenius
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM

Some people have a productive life without being sober.

Princeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM

More GS for 2 months...just wait for January (not to say the end of next year, and we'll laugh together)
More endorsements..Mcdonald is one i wouldn't be proud of if i was a professional athlete
More fans..well surely not in Wtaworld (check the thread about favourite player)
More integrity..Surely more than you tool

Steffica Greles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Martina looks like she is in her late 30s, early 40s.

She looks her age imo.

She doesn't look too bad from afar.

But there's a picture in one of yesterday's threads, which is now buried, which was quite shocking. I don't know why people are saying her make-up aged her - she wasn't wearing any! Or if she was, and she looked like that, then that's even worse. She looked well into her 30s, or even the age of a woman of 42 who'd looked after herself.

Of course, close-ups are not merciful even to the best of us. But still, Hingis has aged considerably.

And I think that sheds some light on this "too old to play professional tennis" business. She's only 27! I'm wondering whether there's an illness which she has suffered, for which she received medication, which produced the metabolite which cocaine use would normally show.

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
I'm addicted to her and always will be.

spokenword, Serena and integrity in the same sentence ? You cannot be serious.

bestohb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
More GS for 2 months...just wait for January (not to say the end of next year, and we'll laugh together)
More endorsements..Mcdonald is one i wouldn't be proud of if i was a professional athlete
More fans..well surely not in Wtaworld (check the thread about favourite player)
More integrity..Surely more than you tool

:haha: Nice one! :kiss:

Olórin
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
More integrity? :spit: Now I know you are doing this for a joke and this is a spoof thread from you and not serious at all. :haha: :haha: Very good, you had me there for a moment, but I caught on. :lol: :lol:

No prizes for guessing who this is :rolleyes:

Yes Serena Jameka Williams has more integrity than Justine Henin. I think so too. She doesn't have a questionable history of gamesmanship, she hasn't retired from a Grand Slam Final and last time I checked she also doesn't have an ex-husband. She says what she she thinks, she isn't duplicitous and I think this integral to Serena as a person.

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM

Yes Serena Jameka Williams has more integrity than Justine Henin. I think so too. She doesn't have a questionable history of gamesmanship, she hasn't retired from a Grand Slam Final and last time I checked she also doesn't have an ex-husband. She says what she she thinks, she isn't duplicitous and I think this integral to Serena as a person.
:worship: :bounce: :lick:

spokenword73
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
:haha: Nice one! :kiss:

It is obvious no major company wants Justine as their spokesperson. She has a very :eek: negative image, she not that attractive and it is hard to understand her when she speaks (English).:)

Princeza
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:52 PM
It is obvious no major company wants Justine as their spokesperson. She has a very :eek: negative image, she not that attractive and it is hard to understand her when she speaks (English).:)

Lucky Serena, she's american, she knows how to speak english with a perfect accent :hearts:

homogenius
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM

You have some points but I don't see the link between integrity and divorce.

IndyMauresmoFan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM

She not that attractive?? And you're questioning someone's ability to speak english??!! LMAO!!!:lol:

thomas.chung
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Don't Hate.

Why bring Serena into Martina's debacle? Serena has not tested positive for coke. Martina has. She is an addict, in my opinion. A silly one too. Snorted coke before one of the biggest tournament knowing she could be drug tested???
She must have wanted to get caught.:angel:

Well it was you and those brain-dead Serena fans that brought Serena into this thread and make other Serena fans including me look bad. Not me, I am here to simply state something. Don't try to add oil to fire. Remember your proof right now is as good as thin air.

Max565
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
What a stupid thread, can't believe I'm replying in it. :rolleyes:

First of all, she's not an addict. She may have taken cocaine once but her hair tests were negative, which means that she is not a habitual user of it. Even the Swiss doctor working for the tennis federation claimed that. Besides, Martina does not look that old and even if she was, it wasn't because of coke. Athletes just age faster with all the vigorous training that they do.

...and Martina won't go to jail. I read in the newspaper today that the police do not normally interfere with athletes who get caught with drugs unless a formal complaint is made. They usually let the relevant organisation take care of it. So Hingis will not be a jailbird. :p

Martina Hingis is unlikely to face a criminal prosecution for possessing cocaine despite testing positive for the drug at this year’s Wimbledon, Scotland Yard said last night. The Metropolitan Police said it had not received a complaint that Hingis had committed any criminal offence within its jurisdiction, even though she had tested positive for the Class A drug.

A spokeswoman said: “A lot of sport-speople take drugs tests and some do fail them and it is usually not a police matter.

“We usually leave it to the governing body to investigate the matter and to bring whatever punishment is necessary under its rules. I cannot think of any sportsman ever being prosecuted simply for failing a drugs test. If we receive a complaint about a criminal offence, then we could investigate the matter but it would be for the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to decide if it would be in the public interest to prosecute.” The maximum sentence for possessing a Class A drug is seven years in prison or an unlimited fine. However, a first-time offender would almost certainly receive a small fine.

A police source said last night that it would be difficult to bring a case against Hingis. Traces of cocaine can remain in urine for many weeks. “The first problem is we don’t even know where she is alleged to have taken this drug,” he said. “It might not even be in the UK, in which case it would not be within our jurisdiction anyway.”

The CPS ruled last year that Kate Moss, the model, would not face charges despite an “absolutely clear indication” on video that she took and supplied drugs. After police investigations costing £39,000, the CPS decided not to act because there was no way of proving whether the drug was cocaine, Ecstasy or an amphetamine. A police source said: “If we could not get a prosecution out of the Kate Moss allegations, then I cannot see the CPS bringing a case against Martina Hingis.”

winone23
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:08 PM

Serena being addicted to Big Mac has not forced her to retire under scandalous conditions, leave Serena out of this.

FWTATOUR
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM

she was just lucky

hablo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Addiction was never mentioned in the report....so let's stop that rumor....also the test was positive for a substance that may be similar to cocaine. many drugs that are used in the medical field mimic cocaine, without being cocaine, yet can produce a positive test. Poppy seeds can produce a positive opiates test, yet they are put on hamburger buns. So are they all opiate addicts for eating hamburgers? Come on people! quit the speculation and wait for the facts.

Can you be more specific? What are these drugs that are used in the medical field that mimic cocaine and can produce a positive test? And which other athletes has this happened to when they tested positive for taking cocaine?

Aaron.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Nice thread want some fries with this?

©@®eLess
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
She is not guilty until proven. Full stop!

SV_Fan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:52 PM
I really don't believe it. When you get tested there are 2 samples. Sample A and Sample B if sample B comesback and says she was clean then she is innocent. But Martina Hingis doing srugs????? Nah I just don't see it at allespecially her. She is to good.

NeeemZ
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Nice thread want some fries with this?

:lol:

switz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:22 AM
idiotic assumption. she may well have a drug problem but speaking as if you're such an authority when it hasn't even been proven that she took the drug is very insensitive.

VishaalMaria
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:25 AM
This thread is really uneccessary. Kick the person whilst they are down-esque. Yeah, whatever......