PDA

View Full Version : **** Russian Players' Entry and Results of 2002 ****

~SunFlower~
Jul 20th, 2002, 06:57 AM
In the WTA ranking list, pick your favorite active Russian player(s) (more than one would be fine). Post tournament entries, best results of 2002 for each tournament and current results where the player is currently playing for your favorite Russian player(s) and keep updating daily (as much as you can) in your SAME post (edit your post and update!). Please select other players (even they are not your favorite players, but pretty please! :) ) if someone has already selected to update for them. Please note that the selected Russian players have to be in the WTA ranking.

So everyone including me can follow what's happening to the OUR girls!!

Remember, if you have more than one players to update, use one player for ONE POST and other player for OTHER POST. You can design the format whatever you like but update clearly! You can always improve your design by looking at other posters' design. Also, you may want to update the juniors too but the selected Russian players have to be in the WTA ranking.

Thanks!

I will select Sharapova (of course) and be responsible to update daily (if anything is new) for my girl.

Cat, I think you will like to update Anna Bastrikova, your stunning girl. :) I expect Eggy to update for Vera Douchevina and maybe Lina K. Cassuis can update for Elena D. And so on! I think it's going to be a lot of fun for us to follow our girls in this thread. Have fun! :)

~SunFlower~
Jul 20th, 2002, 06:58 AM
*MaRiA ShArApOvA*

Rankings (as at July 15, 2002):

*WTA Singles: #463
*WTA Doubles: Never Ranked

*ITF JUNIOR Singles: #8
*ITF JUNIOR Doubles: Never Ranked

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Titles:

ITF WOMENS' CHALLENGERS

*ITF 10K - GUNMA (April 2002)

WTA TOUR

*NONE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Tournments:

*ITF 25K HSBC Women's Open, Vancouver, BC, CANADA: July 30 - August 4 (confirmed)

*ITF JUNIOR Grade 1 Canadian Open, Repentigny QC, CANADA - August 26-31 (questionable but not confirmed yet)

*ITF JUNIOR Grade A US Open, New York, NY USA - September 1-8 (expected but not confirmed yet)

*WTA Tier IIB Toyko Princess Cup, Toyko, JAPAN - September 16-22 (WC but not confirmed yet)

2002 Results:

JANUARY

*ITF JUNIOR Grade 1 Australian Hardcourt Championships - RU

*ITF JUNIOR Grade A Australian Open - RU

FEBRUARY

*ITF 25K Challenger of Columbus (WC) - 2R

MARCH

*WTA Tier I Pacific Life Open (WC) - 2R

*ITF JUNIOR EXHIBITION Target Open (Nadsaq-100 Open) - WON :)

APRIL

*ITF JUNIOR Grade 1 Japan Open Championships - RU

*ITF 10K Gunma - WON :)

MAY/JUNE

*ITF JUNIOR Grade A Roland Garros Championships - 3R

JUNE

*ITF JUNIOR Grade 1 LTA Championships - RU

JULY

*ITF JUNIOR Grade A Wimbledon Championships - RU

Status of Current Tournments and Results (as at July 15):

She is playing for the Delaware Smash in the World Team Tennis. However, she has not played for a few days due to illness (fever). :sad:

Status for Next Week July 22:

She should be back from illness to play for Delaware Smash in the World Team Tennis in the final week of WTT.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 20th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Vera Douchevina

ITF 10K Cavtak runner up
WTA Tier V Warsaw 1R
WTA Tier III Sopot ---currently playing

Juniors
January
AUS Hardcourts Grade 2 SF
AUS Open Grade A QF

February
Bavarian Challenge Grade 2 Winner

May Italian Open Grade A SF

June
Roland Garros Grade A SF
LTA International Grade 1 Winner

July
Wimbledon Championships Grade A Winner

Upcoming events
European Team Championships
Canadian Open
US Open

the cat
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:28 PM
I'm not technical enough to play this game. But god luck to the Russian girls! :bounce:

Cassius
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:38 PM
CAT, don't you mean 'good luck'?:p;);).
I don't think I could do it either, because I don't remember where she finished in every event this year:confused:.