PDA

View Full Version : Quebec City 2r: Lindsay Davenport def. Aleksandra Wozniak 61 60

vw.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Lindsay! :D Domination! :drool:

Poor Aleks. :hug:

Demska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Lindsay :eek:

Broke Aleks each time she served.

The Daviator
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah Lindsay :rocker: Beatdown :drool:

LindsayRulz
Lindsay :worship:

Aleks :hug:

3 threads in same time :lol: I deleted mine :)

Vlad Tepes
Wow Lindsay, that's a real thrashing, I guess she was imperial today!

Now go on and win the title :worship:

The Daviator
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Lindsay :worship:

Aleks :hug:

3 threads in same time :lol: I deleted mine :)

Same :lol:

MH0861
WHACK! :)

Way to go Linds, keep it up :hearts: Hope your skirt wasn't super sized again!

Effy
:drool:

Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
Great job Lindsay on a dominating victory!! You should win this tournament

Vlad Tepes
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
:bounce: :yippee: :aparty: :woohoo:

PatM04
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
Lindsay:)

vw.
Same :lol:

Beaty'all! :cool: :D I'm sure one of you'll get it tomorrow. :p

ChampLindsay
Lindsay at her best:hearts:
well done darling:worship:

TennisPlayingFox
Great job Lindsay!

Andrew..
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM
Fantastic scoreline. Great job, Lindsay.

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM
what a beatdown!

brent-o
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:58 AM
Thank you Lindsay for giving me something to smile about on such a depressing day!

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
That's more like it! :cool:

*Jool*
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
Congrats Lindsay :worship: finally good news ;)

dybbuk
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM
Beatdown! :rocker2: :drool: Title is yours, just don't screw it up. :hug:

d_s
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Lindsay :)
Aleks :o at least she wasn't double bagelled.

Randy H
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:14 AM
Aleks is basically a low tier version of Lindsay, everything she does, are also Lindsay's strengths, and they also have mostly the same weaknesses. Not a surprise that Lindsay won so convincingly.

Good luck next week Aleks, still a positive year for you, so finish up strong in Pittsburgh ;)

thrust
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:15 AM
Keep it up Mommie!!

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:19 AM
Well done Lindsay ! :D

Elske
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
Lindsay :cool:

cheo23
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
Why didn't Lindsay BEAT this Weak ass Worsneeact 6-0 6-0??!?!!

Andy.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
Good work Lindsay

maxomax
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:24 AM
Lindsay one two punch was so effective tonight!!
After the match on the interview, she said: I'm so sorry, I know you like her guys! But I played so well! She was feeling bad for the scoreline :lol: She said that Wozniak was hitting very well and was very talented, but she was just too good tonight. Lindsay also said it was one of the best match she played since her comeback!! She is so nice, all the place were taken and the crowd loves LindsaY!!

alfonsojose
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Lindsay :D Finally some good news today :sad:

mauresmofan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:36 AM
Well I expected her to win the tournament when she entered given her incredible return. This is just another step on the comeback trail. Good job Lindsay.

Andrew..
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:37 AM
Get IT Together!!!!1111

Cat's Pajamas
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:41 AM
Aleks :sad: :awww: :o

but Lindsay! :worship: :yeah:

Vania vs. Lindsay final please :kiss:

Lindsayfanumber1
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:44 AM
Linds :drool:
Amazing match :)

Ellery
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
Lindsay :yeah:

égalité
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:13 AM
Fucking love it. :bowdown:

This has been a terrible day and I needed a Davenport beatdown to cheer me up :sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:17 AM
Thanks Linds ( NOW WIN IT ! ) , so does Lilia as this almost assures her of a top 100 finish :angel:

hurricanejeanne
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:38 AM
An old school beatdown :drool:
Congrats, Lindsay :banana: keep it up and good luck in the quarterfinals.

After such a bizarre and draining day in tennis, it's good to see that at least somethings are still normal.

Jakeev
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:58 AM
Great day for Lindsay!!! Alex she just needs that one big match to win and I think she will be on her way.

tennisfan5
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:02 AM
wonder if lindsay will say something in her next blog about Martina

RJWCapriati
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:19 AM
Great to see that devastating scoreline again from Lindsay!! :worship:

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:17 AM
I think motherhood was great for Lindsay's attitude/likability. I never was such a fan of her, but she isn't the same woman now. She has been awesome with everyone all week and I only have great words for the person she is. Congrats to her.

Drake1980
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:26 AM
Like Charlda said, I have such a new respect for Lindsay! I think she is great!!!

stevos
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Aleks is basically a low tier version of Lindsay, everything she does, are also Lindsay's strengths, and they also have mostly the same weaknesses. Not a surprise that Lindsay won so convincingly.

Good luck next week Aleks, still a positive year for you, so finish up strong in Pittsburgh ;)
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Aleks could've gotten close in some games, but Lindsay was basically just good enough to always win the game, with her better skills.
Lindsay one two punch was so effective tonight!!
After the match on the interview, she said: I'm so sorry, I know you like her guys! But I played so well! She was feeling bad for the scoreline :lol: She said that Wozniak was hitting very well and was very talented, but she was just too good tonight. Lindsay also said it was one of the best match she played since her comeback!! She is so nice, all the place were taken and the crowd loves LindsaY!!
That sounds great, what a classy woman. I have so much respect for her, makes Aleks' loss quite bearable.

I think motherhood was great for Lindsay's attitude/likability. I never was such a fan of her, but she isn't the same woman now. She has been awesome with everyone all week and I only have great words for the person she is. Congrats to her.

;) Just a little biased maybe? :lol:
Are you ball-boying?

exposbabe
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:39 AM
The one game that Davenport lost was on her own serve, serving at 5-0 in the first set. She nailed two backhands into the net, then didn't even move for two shots by Wozniak.
Kind of a mercy game, really. I think she knew at that point that she could break Wozniak's serve at will - Woz. double-faulting three times in the first game of the match was the dead giveaway.

Video and photos on my blog (http://communities.canada.com/MONTREALGAZETTE/blogs/opencourt/default.aspx?p=1).

There are photos, and a couple of clips from the match. And some shaky video (I was trying to answer my cell at the same time) of Davenport's very gracious interview on court afterwards.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:48 AM
:woohoo:

Get it(the bagels) together next time,Lindsay!:p

LUIS9
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
Thank you Lindsay for giving me something to smile about on such a depressing day!

I know, hopefully she will win the title, well first thing first win the next two rounds and make the final and win at that stage. Thankfully Davenport has returned and maybe the huge void from Hingis will dissipate a bit. :sad:

azmad_88
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:05 AM
congrats davenport!

Dor Y
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:44 AM
Great job Lindsay :yeah:

Lodvg
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Lindsay;):D

Michael!
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
Well done Lindsay! :bounce:
Great result
It´s only her 3rd tournament this year, and she is already so strong. :D
I look forward to 2008 :)

mckyle.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:25 AM

you're trying too hard :hug:

shirley
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Fantastic job Lindsay!

dwynn10
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
The one game that Davenport lost was on her own serve, serving at 5-0 in the first set. She nailed two backhands into the net, then didn't even move for two shots by Wozniak.
Kind of a mercy game, really. I think she knew at that point that she could break Wozniak's serve at will - Woz. double-faulting three times in the first game of the match was the dead giveaway.

Video and photos on my blog (http://communities.canada.com/MONTREALGAZETTE/blogs/opencourt/default.aspx?p=1).

There are photos, and a couple of clips from the match. And some shaky video (I was trying to answer my cell at the same time) of Davenport's very gracious interview on court afterwards.

Thanks for the clips, but uh, maybe you could have moved your camcorder to the other side of the net to show Davenport too. I thought it takes two to tango in tennis :) .

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Completely whacked in front of a home crowd :o

exposbabe
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the clips, but uh, maybe you could have moved your camcorder to the other side of the net to show Davenport too. I thought it takes two to tango in tennis :) .

Well – uh – I was trying to write my story for my newspaper on deadline at the same time, so I couldn't keep the video going simultaneously. Plus, I work for a Canadian newspaper so you can understand the focus on Wozniak. Can't please everyone, I guess.:wavey: