PDA

View Full Version : Help what else has happenede in the last 7 days?

tinkerbell
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:54 PM
Just heard about Hingis which is an absoluate shock. not sure what to believe but my instincts say it isn't true....what do i know though.
i read a post saying that other shocking things have happened over the last 7 days. what r they. i must admit i haven't really kept up with the tennis world for a long time because i wasn't really too keen on the players that r out there now.

Slumpsova
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:58 PM
who would have thought Davenport will come back and Hingis will leave the tour? :lol:
this year is such a crazy year for WTA.

brent-o
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:02 AM
Just heard about Hingis which is an absoluate shock. not sure what to believe but my instincts say it isn't true....what do i know though.
i read a post saying that other shocking things have happened over the last 7 days. what r they. i must admit i haven't really kept up with the tennis world for a long time because i wasn't really too keen on the players that r out there now.

They're probably referring to the fact that in the same day, Daniela wins a tournament to qualify for the year-end championships over Masha only to have Venus withdraw and thereby give Sharapova a spot anyway. It was crazy on here when that happened. Yeah, plus Davenport's electrifying return.

Sean.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Very unexpected year!

Who would have thought:

- Serena would win AO
- Venus would win Wimbledon
- Jankovic would be no.3
- Bartoli would be a Slam finalist!

Can anyone think of anymore?

brent-o
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Very unexpected year!

Who would have thought:

- Serena would win AO
- Venus would win Wimbledon
- Jankovic would be no.3
- Bartoli would be a Slam finalist!

Can anyone think of anymore?

um Martina walks away from the sport again? lol but I guess that one isn't necessary to point out since it just happened. I thought Mauresmo's sudden decline was kind of unexpected.

Brooklyn90
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:09 AM
What a year! :eek:

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
yeah this year was a joke..sorry for justine fans :p

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
it was pretty crazy year when you think about all the events but it still feels like the year was kind of boring

tinkerbell
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:40 AM
wow thanks just reading those things it has been pretty shocking. i must follow the major news items more than i thought. i remember Lindsay coming back and winning and i did manage to catch part of one her matches. all this after having a baby as well. i always thought that once she got pregnant that she would walk away from the game, she must really love it.
another shock was Ivanovic getting to the FO final....hope i got that right & bartoli beating Henin.
it would be great if Anna K came back. mainly because i remember watching her on an outside court at wimbledon in the juniors i believe & thinking what a great player she was going to be. pity she never fullfilled her potential.