PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for Maria at the YEC

super_vee
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:34 PM
I definitely wouldn't call myself a fan of Maria, but I have a strange urge to support her at the YEC. Don't get me wrong, she is really annoying but she's had a rough year and I think it shows a lot of character that she's still going to play considering her injury. Her confidence must be pretty low though I am secretly pleased that both Williams' have got their revenge this year. But with Henin on a steamroll, yes I'm banking on Serena to take it to her, but I'll be willing Maria on too. :yeah:

Anyone else feeling the same?

Expat
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:10 PM
I am
justine winning is so boring

John.
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:11 PM
I want anyone bar Juju to win it

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
i'll root for serena masha and ana....:) but if the others want to beat jh as well i don't mind :)

pigam
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
:lol: geaux maria :yeah:

but why do I have a feeling this is not really a pro Maria thread but rather a ... ;) :scratch:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
rather.... LOL :lol: say it :p

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:51 PM
davai Masha , but I'm fan , the biggest fan on earth ,,

pigam
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM
rather.... LOL :lol: say it :p
ssssshhh

"J'ai la bouche close et les lèvres scellées" :)

"I keep my mouth closed and my lips are sealed"

KBdoubleu
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM

but why do I have a feeling this is not really a pro Maria thread but rather a ... ;) :scratch:

haha true...well at least you know your favorite is doing well when there are threads like this

Slumpsova
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:03 PM
not me :wavey:

Emina.
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:09 PM
go Mashka :kiss:

Princeza
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
not me :wavey:

cocaine Shocking news of the day :eek:

Juju4ever
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
Well, yeah, maybe a little. I have other favorites, but you can feel for her, for sure.

super_vee
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM

Not at all, I actually like Justine more than Maria and appreciate that she is definitely the best player this year(coming from a Venus fan). It'd just make it a bit more interesting if someone else won- but yeah, Justine is on a big high at the moment.

Slumpsova
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM
sweet cleo, what is your actual name?

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
sweet cleo, what is your actual name?

why ?

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
ssssshhh

"J'ai la bouche close et les lèvres scellées" :)

"I keep my mouth closed and my lips are sealed"

LOL LOL i will remember that statement ;)

Slumpsova
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM
why ?
i'd like to know :)

Slutiana
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
why ?

because we only know you as the maria troll*.

* You're not a troll really, you're too innocent. :eek:

Slutiana
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, me too. Shes not that bad off the court so i'll just make sure i dont watch her matches and i can root for her against anyone but serena. I also want her to beat Ivanobitch because shes overrated. Maria's better.

cocaine Shocking news of the day :eek:

:spit::sad:

Slumpsova
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, me too. Shes not that bad off the court so i'll just make sure i dont watch her matches and i can root for her against anyone but serena. I also want her to beat Ivanobitch because shes overrated. Maria's better.
:rolleyes: Brietard.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM
i'd like to know :)

I'll not tell you , only my close friends from net know ,,

Cat123
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
I feel the same. :D Obviously, Jelena's my girl... But Maria and Sveta are getting my support too!

Slumpsova
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM
does that basically mean noone knows?

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:06 PM
I definitely wouldn't call myself a fan of Maria, but I have a strange urge to support her at the YEC. Don't get me wrong, she is really annoying but she's had a rough year and I think it shows a lot of character that she's still going to play considering her injury. Her confidence must be pretty low though I am secretly pleased that both Williams' have got their revenge this year. But with Henin on a steamroll, yes I'm banking on Serena to take it to her, but I'll be willing Maria on too. :yeah:

Anyone else feeling the same?

I'd root for anyone winning it over Justine :rolleyes:

ce
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:17 PM
not me,please masha lose every match 60 60 :0

Princeza
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
not me,please masha lose every match 60 60 :0

Your hopes are equal as Britney Spears being sober.
No chance.

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:26 PM

Hell yeah Maria is better than Ivanovitch, but I don't dislike Ivanovitch. However, I'll even root for Jelena over Justine, even though I dislike her and her grinning while she's winning. :p

ce
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:29 PM
No chance.

:lol: :devil:

SharapovaFan16
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:32 PM
being a maria fan i just want to see her compete... that's how bas she has gotten. i mean let's be honest she has been a complete joke towards the end of the year. I mean Maria is sort of the underdog in almost every single match she'd play. Maybe she can come up with something special... doubt it.

Princeza
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:36 PM
:lol: :devil:

:p ;)

Nikkiri
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM

so unnecessary :rolleyes:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:40 AM
I'm not a Sharapova fan but I think that this moment in her career can be very interesting to look at. Maria had strong seasons 04-06 without any prolongued injury setbacks so this is a strong test for a championto go through, the YEC and start of 08 will be very important for Maria.

As a Williams fan I have become far to accustomed to results and confidence and titles being set back by injuries and loss of rhythm and tournament withdrawls being in the picture. But the impressive thing is how they keep coming back so strong as soon as a few positive things click together.

Masha fans just need to have faith in her game and her ability to recover.

PaulHopkins
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'm not a Sharapova fan but I think that this moment in her career can be very interesting to look at. Maria had strong seasons 04-06 without any prolongued injury setbacks so this is a strong test for a championto go through, the YEC and start of 08 will be very important for Maria.

As a Williams fan I have become far to accustomed to results and confidence and titles being set back by injuries and loss of rhythm and tournament withdrawls being in the picture. But the impressive thing is how they keep coming back so strong as soon as a few positive things click together.

Good post!

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
cmon maria I don't want be more disapointed after hingis's retirement :sad:

Dan23
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
It may come as a huge surprise to many but I will be supporting Maria at the YEC :wavey: :p

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
No chance.

LMAO :spit: excellent

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM

:worship: spot on!!

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
It may come as a huge surprise to many but I will be supporting Maria at the YEC :wavey: :p

really i couldn't tell from your avatar LOL :p and the amount of posts you make supporting her....and the fact that you proclaim her as your fave :lol: none of those would make me think you would support her :lol: :p

mankind
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, I'll root Maria at the YEC.

mankind
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM

I know it! It's Billy Joe, and he resides in Sticksville, Tennessee with his sister and their beautiful children. :hatoff:

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
I know it! It's Billy Joe, and he resides in Sticksville, Tennessee with his sister and their beautiful children. :hatoff:
are u really russian? u sound everything but russian

Slumpsova
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
are u really russian? u sound everything but russian
he isn't.

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
he isn't.
i thought so..he would have been a very americanised russian

pigam
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
allez maria
I'm sad Venus isn't there, but I wish the YEC to bring us the "rise of Masha" (only untill the finals of course ;) ) but nevertheless: go maria!!

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
allez maria
I'm sad Venus isn't there, but I wish the YEC to bring us the "rise of Masha" (only untill the finals of course ;) ) but nevertheless: go maria!!

yes where she will play serena LOL :p :lol:

Expat
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:41 AM
amen
that would too good to be true
i always love big servers

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
I expect Maria to throw touchdowns

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8784/u2150p6t12d3266118f44dtxt7.jpg

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:30 AM

:lol: :kiss:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
allez Masha

supergrunt
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:04 AM

she stole that from Serena! :(

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:07 AM

Masha playing her national sport

mankind
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
he isn't.

Oh, and you obviously know so much about me - you think I'm a "he"! :haha: :rolleyes:

mankind
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
i thought so..he would have been a very americanised russian

Your favourite type! :kiss: