PDA

View Full Version : Did Martina Hingis take drugs???

markhingis
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
now there's gonna be so many doubts. If she won all that titles with help of drugs then I will have lost all my admiration and respect to her.
To call it quits in such circumstances it's just awful. Shame on you Martinuana or Cocamartina!!!

You'll go down to history in a negative way after such a scandal!

markhingis
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Or she used it just as a painkiller?? on the other hand,there are better and non-controversial painkillers...

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Cocaine isnt performance enhancing :p, it makes your performance worse
its only banned cos Cocaine is illegal in law.

Mats Wilander was caught using Cocaine in 95.

swissmr
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
now there's gonna be so many doubts. If she won all that titles with help of drugs then I will have lost all my admiration and respect to her.
To call it quits in such circumstances it's just awful. Shame on you Martinuana or Cocamartina!!!

You'll go down to history in a negative way after such a scandal!

I'm absolutely gutted about this, what a shitty way to go out.

But I don't believe for one second she took cocaine to dope. Recreational, maybe but to dope no way.

LeonHart
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:12 PM
No.

She will be remembered as a great champion and the youngest #1 in the WTA everrr!

dizoo
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:14 PM
if she used she paid with her money...so i think most of people who are judging her has nothing to do with that :confused:

markhingis
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
I have a mixed feelings about her now. i used to love her but now i'm confused :(

Kworb
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah I'm sure she was on XTC when she won her Grand Slams at 16 years of age

slydevil6142
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:19 PM
If she was taking drugs pat her on the back b/c coke wouldnt help you play tennis any better in fact it would make it alot harder.

thenj
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM
no, but it could damage her image

danieln1
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM
We´re all confused, but of course she didn´t use in her prime, otherwise those doping tests would have caught her... cocaine worsens her condition instead of enhancing

Marcell
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM
November 01, 2007

Statement from Martina Hingis

Throughout my career, I have always been open and honest with you.

I have been accused by an outsource testing company of taking cocaine during the Championships at Wimbledon. I find this accusation so horrendous, so monstrous, that I have decided to confront it head-on by talking to the press.

My weapon on the tennis court is and always was one single thing: the game, the ingenuity on court. And for this style of tennis, there is only one performance enhancer – the love of the game.
They say that cocaine increases self-confidence and creates a type of euphoria. I don’t know. I only know that if I were to try to hit the ball while in any state of euphoria, it simply wouldn’t work. I would think that it would be impossible for anyone to maintain the coordination required to play top class tennis while under the influence of drugs. And I know one other thing – I would personally be terrified of taking drugs.

When I was informed that the A Test I took following my defeat at Wimbledon apparently came back positive for a cocaine metabolite, I was shocked and appalled.

Acting upon the advice of my family and my management, I immediately took the hair test which can prove whether or not someone has taken cocaine. This test of course produced a negative result, the same negative result as all the countless doping tests that I have taken over the last twelve years.
However, the B Test from Wimbledon once again produced the opposite result – positive for a metabolite that apparently stays in the system for some time following cocaine use.

I immediately retained an attorney. Anybody who even attempts to take on this doping machinery alone has no chance.

The attorney and his experts discovered various inconsistencies with the urine sample that was taken during Wimbledon. He is also convinced that the doping officials mishandled the process and would not be able to prove that the urine that was tested for cocaine actually came from me.

However, this attorney and others have also pointed out to me that a case like this one can sometimes take years to resolve, especially if both sides repeatedly appeal the case and take it to the next level.
And this is the reason for my announcement. I have no desire to spend the next several years of my life reduced to fighting against the doping officials.

I am frustrated and angry. I believe that I am absolutely, one hundred percent innocent. The fact is that it is more and more difficult for me, physically, to keep playing at the top of the game. And frankly, accusations such as these don’t exactly provide me with motivation to even make another attempt to do so. I attempted a comeback after a three-year break and succeeded in winning three tournaments, bringing my ranking to 6 in the world. But in the meantime, I’m now 27 years old, and realistically too old to play top class tennis.

So now I’m standing before you, confronting the situation. Today I also informed my sponsors.
And so, considering this situation, my age, and the problems I have been having with my hip, I have decided to no longer play tennis on the Tour.

Upon advice from my attorneys, I’m afraid I am unable to answer any questions. My answers could insult someone and create even more problems for me. Therefore, there is only one more thing for me to do - to thank all of you for many years of goodwill, and also to assure you:

I have never taken drugs.

waterlily_021989
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
I believe her!I'm o sad that she retired:sad: this is a nightmare

John.
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
:speakles::speakles::speakles:

Martina :sad:

shrOOf
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM
I dont know what to think about that.... I cannot believe the doping test is wrong :confused:

In The Zone
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
I believe her. So raw and honest. I'm sorry Martina. It's okay!

Helaena
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:45 PM
omg.....i am shocked....im speechless.....:eek:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Meeek
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM
What the.......?????

:speakles:

Apoleb
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
But in the meantime, I’m now 27 years old, and realistically too old to play top class tennis

:bs:

Philip
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
I never expected a retirement in this way :o
Im shocked!

And i want to believe her.

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM
I dont care wether she is saying the truth or not because I believed a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Its a shame this intrigue pushed her to retirement.

R. Federer
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
I will always stand by you Martina, but I cannot reject the results of TWO doping tests.

This is so terrible

Marcell
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
What I don't get is why isn't she putting up a bigger fight. This kind of accusation will destroy her good name and there is no way I would go down without a fight.

empressionist
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
I just want to believe this is not true, but has anyone ever proved the doping-test wrong? of course she's going to say it's not true, but why not fight this, but instead she retires. this seems like a "deal" to me, you retire, and we'll try and cover it up...

Filip!
Usually, I really believe any doping test. But why the hell would she take cocaine, I can't believe that cocaine helps you in your performance on court.

I really respect Martine and it's so difficult for me to believe that she used the crap. Anyway, it's sad to see this women leaving the court forever.

Steffica Greles
She's Guilty

- Martina was never one of these gorky, dorky teenagers, a la Navratilova, Graf or Henin, and was always distracted by leisures such as men, horse riding, men riding, etc. She has always been a bit of a minx, and it's totally believable that she snorted cocaine, because frankly I can imagine Hingis is quite a devil in her private time. Loads of people in their 20s and 30s take cocaine occasionally, and they aren't addicted, so it would be no great surprise.

- She's retiring, despite protesting her innocence, which one can't help but infer to be guilt. What kind of a champion, of her standing in the game's history, who would wish to leave a legacy and enter the Hall of Fame, would allow that kind of case to be made against her without a fight? She has worked all of her life for her success, and why would she not fight such a claim if it's as preposterous as she says? And let's not forget, Hingis has had 5 months or so to consider the case against her and how to fight it.

She's Innocent

Martina may have been a bit of a rogue at times, but, if anything, earlier this year she seemed to be rather settled with Radek Stephanek, and far from a wild party girl. Furthermore, Hingis always knew certain boundaries, having been groomed to be a professional from very young. And what is more, she's still looked in great shape this year, so there has been no sign of her letting herself go. Why on earth would Martina, a vastly experienced and astute professional take such a stupid risk?

I mean, people do stupid things -- my mistakes have been many and manifold -- but in the compendium of all possible stupidities, taking cocaine before a drug test, about which she must have received prior notice, flashes quite brightly. Who would be that foolish?

Furthermore, this is all a smokescreen for a retirement which I, and other people, had been predicting anyway. She said in her statement that she was no longer motivated, and her injuries had prevented her from playing. Astonishingly, she claimed 27 is too old to play! Given her attitude, her heart wasn't in it, and therefore she probably retired without fighting the case because she just wanted to be away from the tennis tour. But surely she'd still try to clear her name?

Groenefelder25
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
oh my word! i have only just heard about this! how horrid :(, poor martina, im sure she would never do anything like that. so sorry for all martina fans :sad: i loved watching her play, even though i wasnt a fan:(

have a nice life martina :) :hug:

irinska
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
Of course she's innocent! She gave them hair to test. AND IT WAS NEGATIVE! THE only way to test for cocaine and be a 100 % sure is by hair test! The tennis officials should've done something about this "outsource testing company " positive rezult. It's a shame they've done nothing and pushed Martina into retirement again.
And good for Martina for being so honest but such a shame for tennis as a whole!

mr_burns
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
became a fan because of her great comeback and cannot believe it

speechless right now

Yasmine
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
A real shame it has to end this way :hug: and I'm no fan but I want to believe her statements as well. It would be dead easy to make a false result of drug testing.

kiwifan
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't doubt she took drugs, many young people do...

...but I don't think it was to enhance performance, just for fun. :shrug:

Princeza
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
I trust her.
Still, innocent or not, for people, doping accusation never go away.

empressionist
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm absolutely gutted about this, what a shitty way to go out.

But I don't believe for one second she took cocaine to dope. Recreational, maybe but to dope no way.

i agree with you on this.

DarkchildSwiss
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
i am really not sure and do not know what to believe anymore and whom I should really trust in times like this where so many people use drugs.

Talula
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Am I the only person here who has tried cocaine? It didn't win me Wimbledon! Cocaine does not win anyone anything. It is not enhancing, it just makes you THINK you're enhanced!

If you are rich, mix with rich people, and do the Tour of Monaco, Dubai, New York, London, etc. You would be WEIRD not to have tried cocaine. When a star, or a celebrity as they are now called, is caught having done cocaine, no one says that everyone else who is relatively wealthy or who attends parties has tried it.

hingis44
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
INNoncent the drugs doesnot do that her talent, its natural

BuTtErFrEnA
she took them :p for whatever reason

V's a star
haha its amazing she won GS on blow lol! but its not a good habit :help:

ico4498
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:18 PM
sad way to go out.

LoveFifteen
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:18 PM
haha its amazing she won GS on blow lol! but its not a good habit :help:

Can you please not say stupid shit like that? She's been taking drug tests for years, and this is her first positive. Her hair test was negative.

Tennisation
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM
If she's innocent, why is she retiring? That makes this whole thing look worse, it's like saying she admitted to doing cocaine and is now forced to quite tennis, what a stupid decision from her. If she wants to prove she's innocent, she needs to keep playing tennis, be strong, and fight it!

Rosslyn
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Can you please not say stupid shit like that? She's been taking drug tests for years, and this is her first positive. Her hair test was negative.

hair test was done later. it only need 2 days to clear of cocaine

The Daviator
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
It's the retirement that makes her suspect, she's tested positive, and now she's quitting, why? Cos she knows she's guilty and doesn't want to get banned? Anyway, I hope she's innocent :hug: It's all so bizarre :confused:

The Daviator
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
hair test was done later. it only need 2 days to clear of cocaine

I'm listening to five live and one of the guests said that a hair test isn't reliable :shrug:

Wayn77
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM
Am I the only person here who has tried cocaine? It didn't win me Wimbledon! Cocaine does not win anyone anything. It is not enhancing, it just makes you THINK you're enhanced!

Nope.
Reformed user here.
A deluded sensory overload that makes you bore the f*ck out of everyone in your immediate vicinity. And don't even think of doing any sport while your are on it.
But hey you got a wad of notes in your pocket and your bored and lazy ... it gets kind of tempting. Just say no children.

Helen Lawson
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
I hope this is a mistake and she clears herself, this is an awful thing for her career and legacy.

Il Primo!
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM
:bs:

You don't get it. It was a subtil way to send Venus a bloody message. Retired or not, she's still as mean as a crack headed snake:devil:

I think she did. But all the best take drugs so not a big deal.;)

Dennis^^
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
She didn´t take the drugs by herself. Why would she?

waterlily_021989
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:34 PM
innocent:hug:

Tennisation
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:36 PM
She didn´t take the drugs by herself. Why would she?so she musta done it with Radek?:devil:

tae04
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:43 PM
That test is all wrong. I believe she had cocaine like substance in her body like painkillers or prescription drugs to help her hip pain during her injury during that course of months around the french and wimbledon.

-Ph51-
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
Of course not. Neither did Marion Jones. Neither did all those who tested positive. :p

pepsi
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:49 PM
Martina, You crack-whore, doper, cheat! :eek: Didn't you listen to Whitney? Crack is whack. ;)

November 01, 2007

Statement from Martina Hingis

... I am absolutely, one hundred percent innocent.

Sounds like OJ Simpson. ;)

IceSkaTennisFan
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Where's the I don't f***ing know option??? :sad: I'm so sad for her.

AlwaysGraf
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'm not a fan of Hingis, never was, but I don't think she did wrong. It's not the same situation as e.g sesil, etc

If she did take cocaine I'm sure it was probably while partying or whatever- So what!- She is professional however and her reputation could be tarnished-but like I said we wont think of hingis' name and go-oh cheater-fans need not worry it will be fine in that sense

Its kind of like capriati and her smoking marijauna or whatever she did-she didnt do it to cheat-and im not saying hingis was wild like that

or maybe she didnt do it at all-but i dont think its a big problem

i bet other players have done cocaine and other drugs

maddogz48
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:24 PM
Both tests showed she tested positive for coke. I think she's guilty. Time and time again athletes have denied they took drugs and it always comes out later down that they did in fact take the drugs. Hingis is lying and one way or another she will be exposed for the lying coke head she is.

Good riddance Hingis. Tennis does not need dishonest people like you who dope up on drugs.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Where's the I don't f***ing know option??? :sad: I'm so sad for her.

No kidding.
I really, really hope this is just a big mistake. This is just unbelievable. :sad:

Olórin
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Imo there is not enough data to convict her, so I voted innocent. I really can't see it. There is something distinctly odd about all this.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:42 PM
I actually disagree with many of you...I believe she did it to help her performance. She is probably lazy and doesnt want to get caught up in steroids/hgh so she figured, hey just before my matches at Wimby Ill snort a little coke to make me on edge and give me energy or something? I know it sounds wacky, but I just dont see her as a regular "User".

But hey what do I know...Ive been wrong before.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:43 PM
Also, she has been playing for MANY years...so this is the 1st time she ever used it? lol

justine schnyder
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:46 PM
She's innocent!!!
Martina :sad:

Asmus
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:46 PM
Obviously, cocaine is not a performance-enhancing drug. This is not nearly as big of a blow to the sport than if she had been found positive for steroids. Also, when a couple of players, including Mats Wilander, were found guilty of cocaine at Wimbledon in 1995, all they had to do was return the prize money and receive a three month suspension. Would it be that big of a deal if Hingis faced the same penalty? It seems to me that this is blown a little out of proportion. If everyone who tried cocaine ended up forfeiting their careers, there would probably be a lot more cases in professional sports, and probably nobody left in Hollywood.

tard~tard
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
:rolleyes:

Cocaine isnt performance enhancing :p, it makes your performance worse.

Hi, I just found out about M. Hingis' retirement, but I can't
be bothered going through all the hysterical replies in here,
nor in the other threads, so I stopped reading at your post.

You're wrong, Cocaïne is indeed a performance enhancing
drug, just not the smartest one to use. I find it hard to believe
that a multi-milionaire champion like Hingis would use speed to
help her win matches, while there is so much doping out there
that can not be detected yet.

By which I mean that the question is no longer if elite players
are doping themselves, but how good they're mastering the art
of hiding it from the controle mechanisms.
Topsport is in many ways a fraud, all depends on how naive you
chose to be to believe in what you see.

Tennisation
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
After Marion Jones admitted to drug use, anything is possible, and Hingis is not an exception

saint2
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM
Even if, then so what? Cocaine isnt performance enhancing, but some idiot decided to make it illigal...I've never been a fan of Martina but now I feel really sorry for her...:sad: :sad:

Rosslyn
this actually goes very well with my feeling about her that she's not a very smart person

- the way she couldn't change anything in her game in 10 years
- numerous changes of sexual partners
- disgraceful behaviour in '99 FO final
- lying about the reason why she retired in 2002 (she didn't have any problem with her ankle during this comeback)

I don't think she used cocaine to enhance her performance but she's stupid enough to try it for fun

Ryan
I personally dont think its a big deal. Whatever you want to do on your own time is fine, its just a shame it overlapped with a tennis tourney - if she actually took it, which I dont think she did.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Cocaine has messed up MANY people.

Yes, it is.

Olórin
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:58 PM
It seems really harsh to me, I've taken recrational drugs and I'm sure a lot of people have. We here about Kate Moss &c. doing it all the time.

It's just shit for Martina really.

saint2
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Obviously not a big deal...Her buisness what shes taking...

Rosslyn
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:59 PM
for me it isn't, but for her it is a big deal now

#1SteffiGraf#1
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM
It seems really harsh to me, I've taken recrational drugs and I'm sure a lot of people have. We here about Kate Moss &c. doing it all the time.

It's just shit for Martina really.

Yeah, and Kate Moss has had smooth career/life. :rolleyes:

saint2
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM

It isnt your life. It isnt your carrer..Why should You care?

Olórin
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM

Yes, it is.

Who has it messed up out of interest? I can't think of anyone, certainly no-one I know. In Arthur Conan-Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, Sherlock Holmes used to take Cocaine quite regularly when he was bored in order to keep his mind active and sharp. I realise this was set in the 19th century when it may have been legal and not carried quite the stigma (I'm just assuming this - could be wrong), and I've never taken it myself. But despite being a class A drug, cocaine isn't the worse by far, and I don't know about the side-effects, but as I said the effects of cocaine can actually be beneficial, from certain perspectives.

Nikki
Cocaine is a stimulant and could therefore possibly enhance performance.

Olórin

And? How do we know that is directly related to drugs? Prove the correlation please. It might just be her personality.

chuvack
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:03 PM
I personally dont think its a big deal. Whatever you want to do on your own time is fine, its just a shame it overlapped with a tennis tourney - if she actually took it, which I dont think she did.

seriously how can you say its not a big deal when Hingis scheduled a special press conference and quit the game of tennis over this.

If Martina would say, "well ok, I took it, so what" THEN you could argue that its not really a big deal. But if she's willing to lie about it then it is a big deal.

Olórin
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Cocaine is a stimulant and could therefore possibly enhance performance.

Yes, this is why it would be wrong if Martina had taken the drug DURING WIMBLEDON.

But I personally am not convinced she did.

thrust
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:15 PM

Yes, it is.

If a person is addicted to cocaine, it will mess up lives, however, according to a doctor friend of mine cocaine is not considered a sports perfromance enhancing drug.

Keith
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Seriously...you cannot win anything on coke. I don't believe this. Furthermore, if Hingis did a little coke here or there, who really cares? It would only affect her performance in a negative way. I feel bad about this and I think that tennis fans know that Martina is not a cheater whether you like her or not.

Renaissance
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:53 PM
For sure she took it but not for enhancing her performance ,wait the counter analysis to confirm it.
She fails drugs test,it's incomprehensible because she has devoted a part her life to tennis.It's sad because she has been a great professionnal player in the past and now at age 26 she lacks of professionnalism,I don't understand.
No doubt she won honnestly all her trophies no doubt about it.

Keep in mind that Martina's strength was her tactical sense and her to ability to anticipate the game.

kaktusino
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
no.:sad:

Diesel
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:04 PM
Using drugs, especially harmful like cocaine, is serious period. It may not be used to enhance performance but that shit can kill you.

MisterMan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:54 AM
To those of you who think cocaine can HELP you play tennis.
NO.
It does the opposite. Make you jittery nervous silly.

Coke is NOT a performance enhancing drug.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:56 AM
Anyone who has played competitive tennis at any level would find cocaine to be of absolutely no help what so ever during a match

austennis
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM
i doubt she took cocaine.. can u see her in a club snorting coke of a mirror? nope can u see her in her locker room snorting? at home in her mansion? nope its just not her.. shes never been huge party animal.. if this had been Sharapova, Dokic, Stevenson i would not have been suprised but Martina i cant believe it..

alias
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:03 AM
I do believe she snorted a little coke, I don't believe it was for performing enhancing purposes.

tennis_lover89
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
absolutely not

PLP
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:27 AM
The worst part about this is it has basically forced Martina into retiring. SHe would have to deal with a 2 year suspension so she could come back at 29-UGH!

I believe something is going on here, I just don't believe Martina would have used cocaine, she was on lots of painkillers around that time, since Marcxh, so I think this must be a mistake. Maybe a miracle will happen and she will at some point come back, but I really hoped she would be able to get her game together, THIS SUCKS!

I believe you Martina!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Miranda
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:35 AM
of course she does, i don't think these drug tests will make mistake

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:54 AM
I sincerely believe Martina did not take cocaine... if she wanted to cheat in this sport, she would have taken other types of performance enhancing drugs, not one that harms or decrease your ability to play. And furthermore, why take a drug which is so darn easily detected in the first place? Doesn't make any sense at all...

However, two things still puzzled me. Firstly, why only announce that she was under investigation for cocaine use now, and not after Wimbledon? It's not a smart move, particulary after what happened to Marion Jones. She denied and denied taking any, until she finally admit using it... 7 years too late. She suffered the full brunt of it - medals returned, her name erased from the record books and even possibly of jail. Now, Martina is in a similar situation, and it makes her look "guilty". Everything she has done until now would be doubted by everyone. "Did she take drugs when she won Slams in 1997-1999?" or "was she clean when winning all those tournaments?" will be debated for years to come. Martina might have her reasons for doing so, but I say it wasn't a smart one.

Secondly, Martina's decision not to clear her name is a bad move - history will remember her as a "disgraced former No.1 and multiple GS champion". The common perception by people is that when you take drugs (even those which doesn't help you at all), you're a cheat and a loser. Therefore, if you didn't take any, fight the good fight. It could be a mistake by the testers, a mix-up in the samples, or you innocently take it in your medication. Clear your name, and let others respect you again.

Martina, please rethink your decision again not to clean your name. You don't want to be called a "cheat" all the time, do you?

thiskidhasit
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:57 AM
Both tests showed she tested positive for coke. I think she's guilty. Time and time again athletes have denied they took drugs and it always comes out later down that they did in fact take the drugs. Hingis is lying and one way or another she will be exposed for the lying coke head she is.

Good riddance Hingis. Tennis does not need dishonest people like you who dope up on drugs.

Well, you know Serena is lighting up blunts with high-as-a-kite Oracene. LMAO.

tennisvideos
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:57 AM
How tragic is this. Don't you just love the way so many jump on the bandwagon of pointing the finger and saying she's guilty when there is only ONE PERSON in the entire universe who knows the truth - and that is Martina herself. And I believe her when she says she has never taken drugs. Her statement is from the heart and you can tell that she is gutted and shocked by this. Her offer to have her hair tested is enough proof for me that she is innocent of these shocking claims.

God bless you Martina and I hope you have a wonderful life. I shall miss you playing tennis, you have been my inspiration since Seles retired.

VivalaSeles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:11 AM
Of course not. Neither did Marion Jones. Neither did all those who tested positive. :p

Exactly :worship: They just want to frame her. That's it. Two tests? Who cares!

MatchpointPRT
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:12 AM
I´m in shock, I just read now, and i´m really sad. She didn´t deserve to end her career with this stupid thing. Even when i read "Hingis tests positive" i didn´t doubt an instant about her. I´m really sad, because this is so unfair, and i understand her decision to retire under this circunstances... Martina i will always admire you and remember you as an amazing player and my favourite player.

:hug:

matty
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:13 AM
Doing this drug would not help her tennis game at all. If she did it-it was probably recreational. I'd like to believe she is innocent, because this is not good for her legacy at all. I think she was ready to retire anyway.

Dawn Marie
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:14 AM
I believe her. Her hair test were negative. It was from an out source company. The samples were done during Wimbledon. She has 12 years of good credibility on her side.

I can actually understand why she is retiring again.

This is a huge tragedy for her. she stated she is Angry and Frustrated. I feel that she is so sure she is telling the 100% truth that the false reports make her want to run away from the system in anger. I think she is still shocked,hurt angry and embarrased and upset.

I think she'll be back and I think she'll fight the charges. I hope she does. She has a beautiful game to watch and I am not ready to see it leave for good yet. I really feel that she is telling the truth.

I also don't think for one second that she was going to retire in 2007! Bullshit! Hingis made it to top ten. she was looking forward to 2008.

VivalaSeles
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:17 AM
Don't you just love the way so many jump on the bandwagon of pointing the finger and saying she's guilty when there is only ONE PERSON in the entire universe who knows the truth - and that is Martina herself.

If that was so, nobody could be accused of taking drugs. Marion Jones couldn't. Ben Johnson couldn't etc, because only they knew the truth. The fact is that there are tests, that those tests have been approved by competent and scientific authorities and that those tests were specifically designed to detect drugs. Hingis failed TWO of those tests. Personally, I don't think wanted to enhance her performances, but that is another issue.

winone23
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:27 AM
I believe her. Her hair test were negative. It was from an out source company. The samples were done during Wimbledon. She has 12 years of good credibility on her side.

I can actually understand why she is retiring again.

This is a huge tragedy for her. she stated she is Angry and Frustrated. I feel that she is so sure she is telling the 100% truth that the false reports make her want to run away from the system in anger. I think she is still shocked,hurt angry and embarrased and upset.

I think she'll be back and I think she'll fight the charges. I hope she does. She has a beautiful game to watch and I am not ready to see it leave for good yet. I really feel that she is telling the truth.

I also don't think for one second that she was going to retire in 2007! Bullshit! Hingis made it to top ten. she was looking forward to 2008.

I doubt she will be back and if she wanted to fight the charges she would be fighting them right now. I just don't understand why she won't fight the accusations head on to clear her name if she is truly innocent.

plantman
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:32 AM

Well at least it wont be steroids that brought her down!

Timofy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:48 AM
if i am accused taking drug by the tour, i would definitely leave the tour........bearing the name of doping each time u walk into court is painful

Kirt12255
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
:sad: This whole thing is just terrible.

My theory is that cocaine is prevelant in the ATP and her relationship etc...she experimented with drugs, it's part of life sometimes.

Martina would never leave the game with a tarnished reputation.

She will be sorely missed :(

Pleasantville
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:04 AM
I sincerely believe Martina did not take cocaine... if she wanted to cheat in this sport, she would have taken other types of performance enhancing drugs, not one that harms or decrease your ability to play. And furthermore, why take a drug which is so darn easily detected in the first place? Doesn't make any sense at all...

However, two things still puzzled me. Firstly, why only announce that she was under investigation for cocaine use now, and not after Wimbledon? It's not a smart move, particulary after what happened to Marion Jones. She denied and denied taking any, until she finally admit using it... 7 years too late. She suffered the full brunt of it - medals returned, her name erased from the record books and even possibly of jail. Now, Martina is in a similar situation, and it makes her look "guilty". Everything she has done until now would be doubted by everyone. "Did she take drugs when she won Slams in 1997-1999?" or "was she clean when winning all those tournaments?" will be debated for years to come. Martina might have her reasons for doing so, but I say it wasn't a smart one.

Secondly, Martina's decision not to clear her name is a bad move - history will remember her as a "disgraced former No.1 and multiple GS champion". The common perception by people is that when you take drugs (even those which doesn't help you at all), you're a cheat and a loser. Therefore, if you didn't take any, fight the good fight. It could be a mistake by the testers, a mix-up in the samples, or you innocently take it in your medication. Clear your name, and let others respect you again.

Martina, please rethink your decision again not to clean your name. You don't want to be called a "cheat" all the time, do you?

haha apparently martina also has had her lawyer with her since wimbledon so i think they must have thought this through enough to know that it's better to announce it now. also, do you really think that the testing company will say that their initial result was wrong? please don't think that you can give her good advices, all martina needs rite now is time off from the media and people accusing her.

totenkopf
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:08 AM
Off course she was on drugs. Now she just tries to cover up the mess by appealing or whatever. She was however the least likely to take it in my openion.

Pheobo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:18 AM
this fucking sucks. that's all i have to say :sad:

oh, and i think she's innocent.

mankind
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:27 AM
She might have, but I doubt she did it do "enhance" her performance on court, probably just for fun :weirdo:

In any case, it's not for us to decide whether she did or didn't, I just think it is horrendous that her career had to end in such circumstances. Hopefully she will be remembered as the great player she was and not as a drug "cheat".

hingisGOAT
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:28 AM
my god so many of you are idiots. COCAINE COULD NEVER HELP ANYONE PLAY TENNIS. period!

in fact it would make you nervous, shakey, and rapidly increase your heart rate to dangerous levels for a good 10 minutes before making you extremely depressed and feinding. in fact if she did manage to play tennis while on cocaine, martina :bowdown: :worship: truly the most impossibly talented athlete of all time :)

anyway i could give a fuck what went on in her private life. for the record yes i think she is lying... she snorted some blow at a party most likely. it happens :shrug: like i said i couldn't care less, but what sucks is that she's retiring because of all of this! i just want to see her playing tennis, high or not :sad:

leave it to martina to go out with such a bang :lol: :banana: :bigcry:

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:33 AM
my god so many of you are idiots. COCAINE COULD NEVER HELP ANYONE PLAY TENNIS. period!

in fact it would make you nervous, shakey, and rapidly increase your heart rate to dangerous levels for a good 10 minutes before making you extremely depressed and feinding. in fact if she did manage to play tennis while on cocaine, martina :bowdown: :worship: truly the most impossibly talented athlete of all time :)

anyway i could give a fuck what went on in her private life. for the record yes i think she is lying... she snorted some blow at a party most likely. it happens :shrug: like i said i couldn't care less, but what sucks is that she's retiring because of all of this! i just want to see her playing tennis, high or not :sad:

leave it to martina to go out with such a bang :lol: :banana: :bigcry:

Completely agree with you.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:34 AM
I dont put nothing past anybody..so...I dont know....it was about time for Hingis to retire anyway.

darrinbaker00
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:20 AM
At last, a logical explanation for Martina's engagement to Radek Stepanek. ;)

ShockSpin
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:37 AM
I believe in her!!!

LUIS9
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:53 AM
I dont care wether she is saying the truth or not because I believed a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Its a shame this intrigue pushed her to retirement.

She was on her way there anyway after the hip problems and the poor results this season. Furthermore, it's just atrocious how in this way her career as a tennis professional has come to a definite end. I am still dumbfounded by all this, I am still trying to grasp and analyze what I just read and have been reading about this whole incident. It's simply shattering and devastating. :sad:

LTT
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:56 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sefo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:00 AM
I believe she took drugs. Many times before.
If she wasn't guilty, she would sue everybody and not retire.

There was plenty of talk on the lack of game performance on Martina's part this year, while still being perfectly fit. :scratch:
Right now, a drug dependency seem just the right answer.

Goai
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:00 AM
No. I respect her as much as before.

go hingis
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:08 AM
I believe her.

I can't see why anyone would take it to enhance their performance. When would they have it? coke doesn't last very long and wouldn't last thru a whole match. By the time they walk on court and warm up it would have worn off and left them feeling shit.

Martina wouldn't bulk up for tennis but yet she would take cocaine. That's why this sounds so ridiculous. Out of all the things she could take to improve she choose cocaine. I don't believe that.

Ok, now some wild accusations:
1. It was passed on thru kissing her partner who she dumped shortly after. (I don't know if it's possible)
2. Martina once complained about the testers or the time they did the tests, maybe she was rude to them and they set her up.

Zauber
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:12 AM
she did not take them to improve her tennis.
She took drugs like jennifer capriati for the fun of it.
another party girl.

mankind
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM
I believe her.

I can't see why anyone would take it to enhance their performance. When would they have it? coke doesn't last very long and wouldn't last thru a whole match. By the time they walk on court and warm up it would have worn off and left them feeling shit.

Martina wouldn't bulk up for tennis but yet she would take cocaine. That's why this sounds so ridiculous. Out of all the things she could take to improve she choose cocaine. I don't believe that.

Ok, now some wild accusations:
1. It was passed on thru kissing her partner who she dumped shortly after. (I don't know if it's possible)
2. Martina once complained about the testers or the time they did the tests, maybe she was rude to them and they set her up.

She didn't take it to be a better player :weirdo:
She would have taken it because she wanted to try it, or maybe she's addicted, or she wanted to feel good, all that usual stuff.

kittyking
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
If it wasn't more Martina Hingis I wouldn't have started to play tennis - I retired from tennis 2 days ago and look what happenned!!!

petkoan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:02 AM
Do you know any other athlete on the planet leaving with bang like this ? She entered with bang, leaving with even bigger bang followed. Now I admire her even more. She is incredible person. Bye Martina.

P.S for me : one of the best of all time..forget slams...she left a deep mark after her..

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Hopefully she will be remembered as the great player she was and not as a drug "cheat".

Unfortunately, we are all taught from young that when you take drugs, you're a cheat or a liar. Even if you accidently or unwillingly took it.

So, Martina will forever be branded as one.... unless she clears her name.

bie
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Mats Wilander, retired after testing positive for cocaine at the 1995 French Open.
I forgot this incident. :(
Maybe after a matter of time people only remember her achievements in tennis? :confused:

It is sad for her fans though.

Meeek
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:58 AM
I can't imagine her doing it... Though, if I was accused of something I didn't do, I'd do anything and everything to get my name cleared.

go hingis
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Martina was never a big party animal or a small party animal. I just can't see why she would have rushed back from injury saying she couldn't sit out another slam and then totally out of character start partying during a grandslam. It just doesn't sound right. She hardly went out in her retirement, but rushes back and risks taking drugs just for fun.

CiuMH
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
No!!!!!!!

Xanadu11
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
I don't get why if she tested positive at Wimby they let her play the US Open. What if by some freak of a chance she had won? Wouldn't that undermine the whole tournament.

I don't know. I hope not but in a way thats worse because her career is ending for something she didn't do. It is so unlikely someone tampered with it, as it is something was wrong with the testing. It kind of fits in with Martina's self-destructive side, everything my way side. She obviously didn't take it for preformance reasons, but just party reasons, if she did. Her not clearing her name is obviously strange though and kind of implies guilt.

mckyle.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Obviously...

Maria Croft
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
I just can't believe it, I'm so shocked :help:

What a horrifying time for her fans, be strong! :hug:

Chrisi
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:05 AM
I can't imagine it. She has to be innocent!!!

Pasta-Na
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
i think she did take drugs to ease her pain and pressure. but that drug wont boost her performance anyway :o

buckyohare
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
I don't get why if she tested positive at Wimby they let her play the US Open. What if by some freak of a chance she had won? Wouldn't that undermine the whole tournament.

If they suspend her, and she turns out to be innocent, the lawsuits will be off the charts. This scenario is perfect, for the WTA, for the testing company. They didn't need to sh1t, Martina solved the problem for them herself.

Pasta-Na
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
sad martina wont play beijing olympics :sad:

Forehand_Volley
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
If Martina were innocent, she would fight these charges and would not have retired so suddenly because of the charges. What bothers me most about this drama is that her actions will forever tarnish an otherwise great career.

If she would just admit her drug use and accept the consequences, I think history would be nicer to her. It doesn't matter if it was recreational use or otherwise.

I've long admired Hingis on many levels, but her "cut and run" tactics have left me feeling much different today about her than yesterday.

Forehand_Volley
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Mats Wilander, retired after testing positive for cocaine at the 1995 French Open.
I forgot this incident. :(
Maybe after a matter of time people only remember her achievements in tennis? :confused:

It is sad for her fans though.
It was long rumored that Boris Becker had a similar nasty habit. There are others.

Danke Anke
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Hair testing is considered more reliable than drug testing. Cocaine metabolites remain in the urine for 2-4 days after exposure. That would mean that Martina used coke DURING the tournament, which seems much less likely than if she did it in the week or so prior. Besides this, if she had hair testing performed as soon as she knew about the first positive sample (mid-September), the hair test would presumably be accurate for at least 90 days. This would take her back before Wimbledon.

Even if she hadn't done hair testing I would have believed her... She's not stupid enough to have done this. So sad to see an amazing career tarnished by these allegations. In any case, I hope she doesn't hide from the world and still makes appearances for TV commentary, etc. as she did during her first retirement... I do wish she would fight these allegations, however.

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hair drug testing is highly accurate, so I don't see why Martina doesn't want to fight these allegations.

Tennis-Chick
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
Hair drug testing is highly accurate, so I don't see why Martina doesn't want to fight these allegations.

That's what's confusing me :sad:

Billabong
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
Exactly. I just read that if you tried cocaine once, the hair sample will be effective for up to 25 years after you took the cocaine. Something is wrong about all this, it's a huge mystery..

RenaSlam.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
Exactly. I just read that if you tried cocaine once, the hair sample will be effective for up to 25 years after you took the cocaine. Something is wrong about all this, it's a huge mystery..

Ah yes. Martina is guilty.

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
The only plausible reason I can think that Martina does not want to fight these allegations is because she knows she's guilty and does not want the results to further reflect her guilt.

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
There's no way Martina would admit to it. It's illegal. And who knows what the laws are in England, in Switzerland. Anywhere she's been.
She'd better deny it.

Cat123
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
That's what I think as well. Although I can also see why she's not admitting it...

Mike_T
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
You need to read this (http://www.passadrugtestingforall.com/long-cocaine-stays-your-system-a-5.html) PROPERLY. They test for ‘benzoylecgonine’, which is detectable up to 30 days. She had the hair tested 2 months later (don’t know from what date the 2 months commenced), and detectable in hair up to 90 days, therefore perfectly possible any traces in her hair were gone by the time she had the hair test.

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
You need to read this (http://www.passadrugtestingforall.com/long-cocaine-stays-your-system-a-5.html) PROPERLY. They test for ‘benzoylecgonine’, which is detectable up to 30 days. She had the hair tested 2 months later (don’t know from what date the 2 months commenced), and detectable in hair up to 90 days, therefore perfectly possible any traces in her hair were gone by the time she had the hair test.

Detectable in a frequent user. There's no way Martina could've been using cocaine while she was playing before Wimbledon. She would've been caught much sooner.

Billabong
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Detectable in a frequent user. There's no way Martina could've been using cocaine while she was playing before Wimbledon. She would've been caught much sooner.

Exactly, and that's why even if she really took something at Wimbledon, which I can't believe is true, all she has achieved before (in fact, everything she achieved, because she really did nothing after Wimby) was still done cleanly by a real champion. The only thing that isn't clean right now is her name, and she has to fight for it if she's truly innocent.

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Exactly, and that's why even if she really took something at Wimbledon, which I can't believe is true, all she has achieved before (in fact, everything she achieved, because she really did nothing after Wimby) was still done cleanly by a real champion. The only thing that isn't clean right now is her name, and she has to fight for it if she's truly innocent.

I don't think there is any doubt that her past achievements were from a 'clean' Martina. Anyone who disagrees can say what they want. Martina really did not do anything substantial after Wimbledon. It did not add to her previous success.

Mike_T
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
I don’t follow your logic. Why would she of been caught sooner? She’s only going to be caught if and when they test. But if she wasn’t a frequent user, then that makes it even more likely, any traces would of disappeared well before the 90 days.

irinska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
I don't believe this company at all , why they needed 2 months to inform her that she gave a positive result?
And Martina will fight them in court she just dosn't want to go on with tennis after these stupid allegations.

NeeemZ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
I don’t follow your logic. Why would she of been caught sooner? She’s only going to be caught if and when they test. But if she wasn’t a frequent user, then that makes it even more likely, any traces would of disappeared well before the 90 days.

What I mean is that she is not a frequent user. If she was a frequent user, then she would have been caught much sooner due to all the drug tests done at other tournaments before Wimbledon. It would have been very hard to hide her drug use due to all the drug testing that is done in the sport.

By that, I was just implying that Martina isn't a frequent user of drugs. I apologize if you didn't understand me.

irinska
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
You can't hide using cocaine if only once by hair testing . It'll show no matter the time or the quantity.

pooh14
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
if cocaine can stay in hair upto 90days, wouldn't hingis detected positive also?
assuming hingis took cocaine end of june, it should be there till roughly end of September. Hingis got to know about this mid September. She would have immediately took the hair test most likely.

Mike_T
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
You can't hide using cocaine if only once by hair testing . It'll show no matter the time or the quantity.

Nonsense.

You need to read this (http://www.passadrugtestingforall.com/long-cocaine-stays-your-system-a-5.html) PROPERLY.

*JR*
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I don't believe this company at all , why they needed 2 months to inform her that she gave a positive result?
And Martina will fight them in court she just dosn't want to go on with tennis after these stupid allegations.
Sesil was informed within a week or two of the B sample being taken @ the Fed Cup tie. So either (less likely) they waited so that Marti couldn't pass a prompt hair test and clear her name, or (much more likely) couldn't fail one within that time (or not take it to begin with then). In other words, leaving an element of doubt with the public forever. :unsure:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
I just read a quote from a so called "expert" that hair testing is more indicative of long terms use, and would not show short term single usage.

As for all of the people writing about top players not being able to do cocaine and play, don't forget Vitas Gerulaitis, and if you read Pete Bodo's book, he hints at more in the 70's and 80's. I'm sure fewer players take drugs now because of testing though. But even Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova have admitted smoking ganja in their primes.

I hope that Martina Hingis is telling the truth, but two tests positive? Perhaps the equipment was not properly cleaned, OR, she was exposed to the drug unknowingly. Long shot though that is. Or perhaps she is lying -- lets not forget the lies of a certain US Olympian all over the news just a couple of weeks ago.

TeamUSA#1
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Testing is by a large margin not an exact science and fuck ups happen ALL THE TIME. Many players in tennis and other sports have been erroneously accused of taking drugs when they in fact did not because of the failures of the doping agencies and the tests themselves. If she were guilty, I think she would have waited to talk about this rather than bring it out in the open and address it. She has nothing to hide, so she is addressing head on in the public forum. I trulely hope she retired due to injuries, and not this BS.

DevilishAttitude
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
I think she did. The reason I think this, is due to her saying she FEELS 100% innocent, not that she IS 100% innocent. Makes it very questionable.

Combined with the fact she's retired immediately, plus her extremely lacklustre performance against Granville, just seems to me that she is a gulity woman. I think she woulda retired soon anyway, but she leaves the sport is disgrace IMO, and it's a rather sad end to it all.

+/-
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
liar liar pants on..

xr6turbo
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
fire

friendsita
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Totally inocent

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
What I don't get is why isn't she putting up a bigger fight. This kind of accusation will destroy her good name and there is no way I would go down without a fight.

Some people don't wanna waste their lives in attempts of being liked by everyone. Martina's life belongs her and only her and she's got too much personality to worry what people she's never even heard about think of her.

Danke Anke
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
I just read a quote from a so called "expert" that hair testing is more indicative of long terms use, and would not show short term single usage.

As for all of the people writing about top players not being able to do cocaine and play, don't forget Vitas Gerulaitis, and if you read Pete Bodo's book, he hints at more in the 70's and 80's. I'm sure fewer players take drugs now because of testing though. But even Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova have admitted smoking ganja in their primes.

I hope that Martina Hingis is telling the truth, but two tests positive? Perhaps the equipment was not properly cleaned, OR, she was exposed to the drug unknowingly. Long shot though that is. Or perhaps she is lying -- lets not forget the lies of a certain US Olympian all over the news just a couple of weeks ago.

I think the situation with Marion Jones is quite different.... she clearly had a reason to lie as she was taking performance enhancing drugs... I'm not saying it's not conceivable, but I don't buy it for a minute... And I looked at that link and didn't find anything to suggest that a hair test wouldn't be a reliable test up to 90 days out...

darice
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM
the lab made a mistake. that's all it is but of course ppl love drama. :rolleyes: