PDA

View Full Version : Taoyuan 50K: [WC]Y-J Chan/H-C Chan def. [1]Rika Fujiwara/Junri Namigata 64 64

RND
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Well done girls. :kiss: Debut tournament and a win over the top seeds. :yeah:

(Another WC team Hsieh sisters also advanced,getting past the second seeds by walk over. ;) )

p.s.This is Hao-Ching Chan and Shu-Ying Hsieh's first pro tournament;both are 14yo now.

Ellery
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Hao-Ching and Yung-Jan :worship:
Shu-Ying and Su-Wei :)

spiceboy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Organizers must be thrilled...

3 all-taiwanese WC teams in semis :eek: :haha:

...and the 4th one an unseeded team 50% taiwanese :lol:

RND
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
http://tw.v3.news.yimg.com/xp/leadtek/20071102/11/133472473.jpg
INTO the finals! :woohoo:

Will face Shu-Ying Hsieh and Su-Wei Hsieh (Hsieh sisters). :worship:

ex hopman
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
are these two sisters?
they look alike... but younger sister (or the one on the right) is much taller!!

Poova
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:13 PM
I didn't know Su-Wei had a sister that plays tennis :eek: Cool :D

Keaka
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Chan/Chan against Hsieh/Hsieh :scared:

RND
Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:51 AM
are these two sisters?
they look alike... but younger sister (or the one on the right) is much taller!!
:lol: Yes,Hao-Ching's already 1.82m.
I didn't know Su-Wei had a sister that plays tennis :eek: Cool :D
She also has a teenage brother who has good results in junior tournies.

stefi62
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
What about Chuang? Will she be fit for YEC?
By the way, not even players know if in YEC it'll be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3!!!

RND
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I'm bumping this because THEY ARE COMING BACK. :wavey: There was no doubles forum when this was opened,and there is one now,so mods you can move this to there anytime. :)

Chan and Chuang have decided to break up for a while after the gloomy season they've been in,though having had three titles this year,including a Tier I at Rome,they've suffered 3 first-round exits this summer(Wimbledon,Beijing,and Flushing Meadows). :sad: It's sad for me to not be able to see "Chan/Chuang" regularly on the tour,but I was rather pleased to learn that Chan sisters would be coming back,and this time,they're signing up for WTA events,first stop is projected to be in Bali,Indonesia. :)

As for Chuang,23,a former no.177 in the world,will be entering more singles tournaments post-USO,not giving up her singles career.And she'll go back with Hsieh to defend their big winner points from the Asian swing 2007.

To briefly introduce the sisters' team history:
Here's their debut show at Taoyuan(TPE) 50k,the one this thread was about.

ITF$50k:Taiwan Ladies Open 2007 Presented by OEC Doubles R1- ITF
[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. Lee (SIN)/ Lu (TPE) :drool:
::[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. Lee (SIN)/ Lu (TPE) 62 62 :)
ITF$50k:Taiwan Ladies Open 2007 Presented by OEC Doubles QF- ITF
[1] Fujiwara/Namigata (JPN) vs. [WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE)
::[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. [1] Fujiwara/Namigata (JPN) 64 64
ITF$50k:Taiwan Ladies Open 2007 Presented by OEC Doubles SF- ITF
[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. Hwang (TPE)/ Tezuka (JPN)
::[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. Hwang (TPE)/ Tezuka (JPN) 57 64 10-7
ITF$50k:Taiwan Ladies Open 2007 Presented by OEC Doubles Final- ITF
[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. [WC]Shu-Ying Hsieh/Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) :worship:
::[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. [WC]Shu-Ying Hsieh/Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) 61 26 14-12 :woohoo:
A 50k title for a 14 year-old. :kiss: Good luck Hao-Ching in the future,and best of luck to YJ in Madrid.
And here's their second tournament as a team at the end of the 2007 season.
75k Xiamen:Chinese Women's Circuit 8 Doubles R1- ITF
[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. Elliott/South (GBR)
-Chan sisters here,will they continue their streak(8 matches and counting)? ;)
::[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. Elliott/South (GBR) 64 61
75k Xiamen:Chinese Women's Circuit 8 Doubles QF- ITF
[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. [4]Fujiwara (JPN)/O'Brien (GBR)
::[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. [4]Fujiwara (JPN)/O'Brien (GBR) w/o ;)
75k Xiamen:Chinese Women's Circuit 8 Doubles SF- ITF
[WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. [2]Ji/Sun (CHN)
::[2]Ji/Sun (CHN) def. [WC]Hao-Ching Chan/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) 76(1) 62 :hug: :)
Hao-Ching CHAN,going on to be 15 years old on Sep 9,is the only sibling of Yung-Jan.Double handed both sides.

She's still qualifying for 10ks and 25ks in singles,but you can see she is already a solid doubles player on the ITF circuit and juniors if you go look up her profile.So,Yung-Jan will be ushering her into the tour and we will officially have another pair of SISTERS right in this fall ! :D

Rising Sun
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the news. :)

I'm glad Chia-Jung will be playing singles again. :D

Does Hao-Ching plan on competing in more junior tourneys in the future, too? :confused:

RND
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I have no idea about that,but seems unlikely.

If you're following the Satellites forum you can see she's in the qualis of the Korean 10ks.So my guess is she's starting it from there,and as preparation going with Yung-Jan in the women's game.

JujulCactus
Sep 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Y-J Chan/H-C Chan can be ( and I think is ) a great team ! :)
Hao-Ching is playing two handed on both sides, right ?
Good luck to them :)

darrinbaker00
Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm bumping this because THEY ARE COMING BACK. :wavey: There was no doubles forum when this was opened,and there is one now,so mods you can move this to there anytime. :)

Chan and Chuang have decided to break up for a while after the gloomy season they've been in,though having had three titles this year,including a Tier I at Rome,they've suffered 3 first-round exits this summer(Wimbledon,Beijing,and Flushing Meadows). :sad: It's sad for me to not be able to see "Chan/Chuang" regularly on the tour,but I was rather pleased to learn that Chan sisters would be coming back,and this time,they're signing up for WTA events,first stop is projected to be in Bali,Indonesia. :)

As for Chuang,23,a former no.177 in the world,will be entering more singles tournaments post-USO,not giving up her singles career.And she'll go back with Hsieh to defend their big winner points from the Asian swing 2007.

To briefly introduce the sisters' team history:
Here's their debut show at Taoyuan(TPE) 50k,the one this thread was about.

And here's their second tournament as a team at the end of the 2007 season.

Hao-Ching CHAN,going on to be 15 years old on Sep 9,is the only sibling of Yung-Jan.Double handed both sides.

She's still qualifying for 10ks and 25ks in singles,but you can see she is already a solid doubles player on the ITF circuit and juniors if you go look up her profile.So,Yung-Jan will be ushering her into the tour and we will officially have another pair of SISTERS right in this fall ! :D
Gloomy season? Chan and Chuang are still fourth in the Race to the Championships. They can still salvage their season (and win some extra cash) by qualifying for, and possibly winning, the Championships. I'm all for family unity, but now is not the time for Latisha and C.J. to break up what has been a very successful partnership. I don't think either of them will ever achieve individually what they can achieve together.

Drake1980
Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
:shrug: