PDA

View Full Version : Racist!! Dog The Bounty Hunter Calls His Son's Girlfriend The N Word!!!

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
http://www.mediatakeout.com/15201/racist_dog_the_bounty_hunter_calls_his_sons_girlfr iend_the_n_word.html

Rocketta
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
'Dog' Chapman sorry for using N-word

By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer
Thu Nov 1, 12:21 AM ET

Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman apologized Wednesday for repeatedly using a racial slur in a profanity-laced tirade during a private phone conversation with his son that was recorded and posted online.

Chapman, star of A&E's hit reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," responded after The National Enquirer posted a clip of the conversation in which Chapman uses the N-word in reference to his son's girlfriend.

A&E officials did not immediately return phone messages seeking comment from The Associated Press. Chapman issued a statement apologizing for the comments.

The recording was first posted online by the Enquirer. It was unclear who recorded the conversation or how the tabloid obtained the 1 1/2-minute clip in which Chapman uses the N-word six times. A woman at the Enquirer said no one would be available to comment after hours.

In the conversation, Chapman urges his son to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend going public about the TV star's use of the N-word.

In the clip, Chapman also stated he doesn't care that his son's girlfriend is black.

In a statement, the 54-year-old Chapman said he has "utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred.

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world," he said. "I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused."
Chapman said, "My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation."

Chapman said the clip was completely taken out of context.

"I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character," he said. "However, I should have never used that term."

Chapman said he is meeting with his spiritual adviser, Rev. Tim Storey, who is black, and hopes to meet with other black leaders, "so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again."

"I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing," he said. "I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me."

The Honolulu-based bounty hunter first grabbed headlines for apprehending serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003.

___
On the Net:
Dog the Bounty Hunter: http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/

Rocketta
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM
dag he's f^cked! How are you going to fire your son and blame it on the fact that because he's dating a black girl that will impede their ability to use the N word freely? :lol: :cuckoo:

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1193903408dogracist1.jpg

I don't care if she's a Mexican, a whore or whatever. It's not because she's black, it's because we use the word ni**er sometimes here. I'm not gonna take a chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for for 30 years because some fucking ni**er heard us say ni**er and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine. Our career is over! I'm not taking that chance at all! Never in life! Never! Never! If Lyssa [Dog's daughter] was dating a ni**er, we would all say 'fuck you!' And you know that. If Lyssa brought a black guy home ya da da... it's not that they're black, it's none of that. It's that we use the word ni**er. We don't mean you fucking scum ni**er without a soul. We don't mean that shit. But America would think we mean that. And we're not taking a chance on losing everything we got over a racial slur because our son goes with a girl like that. I can't do that Tucker. You can't expect Gary, Bonnie, Cecily, all them young kids to [garbled] because 'I'm in love for 7 months' - fuck that! So, I'll help you get another job but you can not work here unless you break up with her and she's out of your life. I can't handle that shit. I got 'em in the parking lot trying to record us. I got that girl saying she's gonna wear a recorder...

samsung101
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:22 PM
WEll, no, all she had to do was convince the boyfriend to hand over the voice mail.

I don't watch the show.
But, I know who this guy is.

Is anyone surprised by his bizarre words or behavior?

Look at him. He looks crazy. The guy would be in a beaten
up trailer park outside of Las Vegas, in a wifebeater t-shirt,
if he had not become famous catching crooks for cash.

He's an idiot.
He's been busted forever w/this.
Like Michael Richards, there's no humor intended in the words,
it's just bare bone feelings he has. Bad feelings.

It looks like his show has stopped production, and a cancellation
is coming up shortly.

The son may or may not end up with this girl forver. But, the dad ticked him off enough
to do this, or made the girl mad enough to do this, and out him as a racist.

His tv career is over.

The family's money bag is over.

sfselesfan
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Back to being a redneck I guess. I see "surreal life" in his future.

SF

brickhousesupporter
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
Am I mistaken or is his show based around him being a Christian and being caring to people he arrests? He is always shown praying with or for the convicts. I wonder if he uses the n-work just for black people or does he also use it for the native Hawaiians?

sfselesfan
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM
He probably has racial epithets for every non-white person. He also probably also uses homophobic epithets too. He sounded like a complete ass.

SF

miffedmax
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM
I don't watch the show, and don't know much about this guy, but I do have to wonder how you can claim to have black friends or gay friends (or Asian, or Hispanic, or white) and then turn around and use horrible names to describe others. Is it stupidity? Hypocricy? Are you really not friends with your friends?

I don't know, I'm just musing aloud here. Frankly, I think the best thing for all of us would be if the prejudiced people just opened up and admitted it. Then at least we'd know what we're up against.

(And I know almost all of us have a little prejudice in us at one time or another, but I think a good litmus test is have you ever called somebody else a racially tinged name and felt guilty about it--before you got caught?).

Rtael
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:17 PM
Damn, and I used to like this show. Well, no more watching it now.

Zombielicious
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM
Dog... :speakles:

mykarma
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:08 AM
Dog... :speakles:
Now he goes to his black spiritual adviser for help. :lol: Funny it had nothing to do with her race, but her character. Something he never mentioned in his tirate.

ptkten
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:15 AM
I think what he said was horrible, but who else thinks its hilarious that every time someone says the n word, they say they're going to go talk to black spiritual advisers like that's actually going to do something and change them.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:26 AM
Again, white man is caught using the N word and it because of a black woman.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:14 AM
Another one busted...i hope his show go right to the cats ass. Some people just cant seem to get out of the past. They hide their racist thoughts..because they know they will catch a serious ass whoopin of the century if they expose it to the people they hate. It burns me up when I hear about ignorant folks like that...i hope his show goes right in the dogs ass.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:36 AM
Back to being a redneck I guess. I see "surreal life" in his future.

SF

Not even that :help:

HippityHop
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
Another one bites the dust.
That's another one gone, that's another one gone.

kiwifan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:17 AM
I wish I could say I was shocked.

So he doesn't want a family member dating blacks because it will interfere with his freedom to call blacks the N-word :haha:

But he's not racist :)

Volcana
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:57 AM
Dog the Bounty Hunter!?!? Who fucking cares!?!?

Halardfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
The ability of obviously racist people like this guy to be totally unaware of the fact themselves is breathtaking...

No Name Face
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
ugh.

Bijoux0021
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
I think what he said was horrible, but who else thinks its hilarious that every time someone says the n word, they say they're going to go talk to black spiritual advisers like that's actually going to do something and change them.
It is hilarious. People like him will never change. They are what they are and always will be.

Wigglytuff
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:22 PM
all i want to know is where is the audio clip.
edit: i found the audio clip here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKPTJIeTz_M

am i the only one who loves the irony?

I'm not gonna take a chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for for 30 years because some fucking ni**er heard us say ni**er and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine.

That is amusing. oh the irony!!!

woosey
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
black people should stop calling each other the n word then it will mean something if a white person or other nonblack uses the word. i've gotten to the point where if it's ok for rappers like common or 50 cent to use the word, then so should an idiot like this dog guy. it should sting no matter who it's coming from really. if he should lose his show, then some black rappers ought to lose their recording contracts. i've never used the word and find it offensive no matter who uses it. if black folk don't like the word then stop using it.

othwerwise, i find this incident funny actually.

Pureracket
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
black people should stop calling each other the n word then it will mean something if a white person or other nonblack uses the word. i've gotten to the point where if it's ok for rappers like common or 50 cent to use the word, then so should an idiot like this dog guy. it should sting no matter who it's coming from really. if he should lose his show, then some black rappers ought to lose their recording contracts. i've never used the word and find it offensive no matter who uses it. if black folk don't like the word then stop using it.

othwerwise, i find this incident funny actually.So the reason white people say it is because Black people say it? LOL!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You're joking, right because that's just silly.

For the record, I think everybody should stop using it.

sfselesfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
I want to hear the full 8 minute version.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eisr5taXzX0 - here's a 5 min version...still looking for the full version. This is AWFUL!

SF

Donny
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM

othwerwise, i find this incident funny actually.

I use the n word in conversation with my friends. If Dog wants to use it too, then so be it. People can decide whether they like it coming from him. It's a free country.

And people act as if people don't say it just because it's taboo. I hear Asians, Russians, Bengalis, etc. use it alll the time... Until they realize a black guy's nearby. Then they stop. Either they're ashamed or they're afraid. Either way they probably shouldn't be saying it out loud.

Black Mamba.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/demonbasketball04/lenny.gif

woosey
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
So the reason white people say it is because Black people say it? LOL!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You're joking, right because that's just silly.

For the record, I think everybody should stop using it.

the point, which i think escapes you, is that black people should not get bent out of shape when others use the word when they so freely use it themselves.

if you bolded everything i wrote, you'd be able to recognize that i said i don't use it and don't like for anyone to use the word.

and frankly, use of the word has actually become more permissive precisely because black people use the word so freely - in our music and other aspects of culture. it's common sense. if you're a woman and you go around calling yourself and your friends bitches, then you really should not get bent out of shape if men or those out of your circle do the same.

if you do not want these types of barriers crossed, then black folk should not embrace the use of the term willy nilly.

so, while white people crafted the word, blacks perpetuated and turned its use into an art. black people are the moral gatekeepers on the use of he word *igga and if we say *igga this and *igga that in our incredibly popular music, cultural expressions, etc. then we should not get so bent out of shape when others appropriate our expressions because on some level it's kinda of natural to do so.

i mean, some 10 year old white kid listening to 50 cent or snoop dogg does not necessarily understand why the word is so offensive. if the word is freely used by performers who make loads of money, get all kinds of commercial endorsements and are under contract by fortune 500 companies to continue to produce such drivel, why in the world would anybody think there is something wrong with using the word?

sorry, but these fools who have normalized and profitted from using the word are the problem for me. not that idiot bounty hunter. 50, common, nelly, et al are the modern-day steppin fetchins and sambos.

obviously, the bounty hunter knows what he's doing but i honestly don't care as i think we tend to get too excited over a white man using it when black folk have done a pretty dam good job of ensuring that the word continues to be foremost in our popular culture vernacular. we have allowed everyone to become desensitized to using this word.

woosey
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:54 PM
I use the n word in conversation with my friends. If Dog wants to use it too, then so be it. People can decide whether they like it coming from him. It's a free country.

And people act as if people don't say it just because it's taboo. I hear Asians, Russians, Bengalis, etc. use it alll the time... Until they realize a black guy's nearby. Then they stop. Either they're ashamed or they're afraid. Either way they probably shouldn't be saying it out loud.

i'm sorry to hear that.

sfselesfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
I would never use the word, and the people I've heard use the word are ignorant IMO. I'm not speaking about African-Americans though, they can use it (just like I can say "q---r" because I'm gay)...I don't have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with anyone who uses that word that is not a member of the community directly affected by it.

To each his own I guess. But I think "Dog" is an ignorant bigot. I never thought much of him to begin with.

SF

woosey
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
I would never use the word, and the people I've heard use the word are ignorant IMO. I'm not speaking about African-Americans though, they can use it (just like I can say "q---r" because I'm gay)...I don't have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with anyone who uses that word that is not a member of the community directly affected by it.

To each his own I guess. But I think "Dog" is an ignorant bigot. I never thought much of him to begin with.

SF

i've never regarded queer as terribly offensive. now, fag, that's offensive. i am just as flummoxed when i hear a gay person refer to himself or another as a fag. intellectually, i understand the idea of reclaiming words, etc. but the whole reclaiming and appropriating thing is not something i'm into.

a fag is what it is.

a *igga is what it is.

no amount of twisting it's meaning changes that imo.

now, using it as a literary device to tell stories is different i think.

sfselesfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
i've never regarded queer as terribly offensive. now, fag, that's offensive. i am just as flummoxed when i hear a gay person refer to himself or another as a fag. intellectually, i understand the idea of reclaiming words, etc. but the whole reclaiming and appropriating thing is not something i'm into.

a fag is what it is.

a *igga is what it is.

I can respect your opinion. (I however think "queer" is more offensive than "fag" but neither is nice if said in a derogitory manner).

What I cannot respect is when someone who is not a member of the community using one of those insults, under any circumstance. I even have to watch myself with the B word sometimes when referencing women. Gay guys have claimed the right to use that word, and I'm ambivalent about that. A gay guy using the word isn't using it in a sexually repressive way, but it can be nonetheless offensive. I'm trying to teach myself other words to convey the same meaning. Trouble is, there aren't many.

SF

woosey
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:17 PM
I can respect your opinion. (I however think "queer" is more offensive than "fag" but neither is nice if said in a derogitory manner).

What I cannot respect is when someone who is not a member of the community using one of those insults, under any circumstance. I even have to watch myself with the B word sometimes when referencing women. Gay guys have claimed the right to use that word, and I'm ambivalent about that. A gay guy using the word isn't using it in a sexually repressive way, but it can be nonetheless offensive. I'm trying to teach myself other words to convey the same meaning. Trouble is, there aren't many.

SF

wow and to think that queer eye for the straight guy was such a popular show. i don't recall any protests about the show's title. so to me it seemed okay. hmmmm.

Pureracket
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
the point, which i think escapes you, is that black people should not get bent out of shape when others use the word when they so freely use it themselves.

if you bolded everything i wrote, you'd be able to recognize that i said i don't use it and don't like for anyone to use the word.

and frankly, use of the word has actually become more permissive precisely because black people use the word so freely - in our music and other aspects of culture. it's common sense. if you're a woman and you go around calling yourself and your friends bitches, then you really should not get bent out of shape if men or those out of your circle do the same.

if you do not want these types of barriers crossed, then black folk should not embrace the use of the term willy nilly.

so, while white people crafted the word, blacks perpetuated and turned its use into an art. black people are the moral gatekeepers on the use of he word *igga and if we say *igga this and *igga that in our incredibly popular music, cultural expressions, etc. then we should not get so bent out of shape when others appropriate our expressions because on some level it's kinda of natural to do so.

i mean, some 10 year old white kid listening to 50 cent or snoop dogg does not necessarily understand why the word is so offensive. if the word is freely used by performers who make loads of money, get all kinds of commercial endorsements and are under contract by fortune 500 companies to continue to produce such drivel, why in the world would anybody think there is something wrong with using the word?

sorry, but these fools who have normalized and profitted from using the word are the problem for me. not that idiot bounty hunter. 50, common, nelly, et al are the modern-day steppin fetchins and sambos.

obviously, the bounty hunter knows what he's doing but i honestly don't care as i think we tend to get too excited over a white man using it when black folk have done a pretty dam good job of ensuring that the word continues to be foremost in our popular culture vernacular. we have allowed everyone to become desensitized to using this word.I'm keenly aware that you'll ignore what I have to say, but there are throngs and throngs of Black people who detest the usage of the word whenever the word is used. It's weird how your defense of your unintelligent argument centers around minstrels and entertainers when the majority of their fans are white suburban males.

Please, keep yourself informed with who is fueling the usage of the word and who controls the organ by which the word is piped through the airways before you try to use this defense.
Those idiots would not have normalized the word if they had not been given a platform. I'm sure you'll ignore who provides the platform, though.

Typical.

supergrunt
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
I am sorry but I don't like when anyone uses this word no matter what their race is :shrug: . Racial slurs are disgusting.

sfselesfan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
wow and to think that queer eye for the straight guy was such a popular show. i don't recall any protests about the show's title. so to me it seemed okay. hmmmm.

Because it's a "gay show" so they took ownership of the word. I guarantee you, if a presidential candidate, or mainstream talking head used the word people would be protesting.

The term queer, by definition means...

1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
3. not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
4. mentally unbalanced or deranged.
5. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a. homosexual. b. effeminate; unmanly.
6. Slang. bad, worthless, or counterfeit.

The term ******, by definition means...

1. A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
2. A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

I find queer more offensive, but that's just me. I don't like either. I certainly don't want people who aren't LGBT thinking it's okay to call people queer (even if "Queer Eye" is on television. Just like non-blacks can't call people the N word.

SF

DaMamaJama87
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
What a surprise NOT. His show is as whitetrash as they come, of course he's a bigot too.

Apoleb
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
I think some people are purposly missing the obvious here. The fact is that when black people use the n word between themselves, the word doesn't carry the same connotation and in most cases it isn't meant in the same degratory manner non-blacks use it. It doesn't mean that I agree with the use of the word by anyone, but let's get real here. Some black people saying the word between themselves is NOT the same as non-blacks saying it, and it certainly doesn't give them the justification to do so.

Same thing goes with "fag."

Wigglytuff
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM

because if 50 cent uses it, than no black person should ever complain. after all:

those blacks are really just one person, with one mind and as long as one rapper uses it every black person that has ever lived has oked it.
:smash:

Wigglytuff
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
I am sorry but I don't like when anyone uses this word no matter what their race is :shrug: . Racial slurs are disgusting.

well according to woosey, because you are black you DO like it when blacks use it and have no right to complain.

let it be noted that i think woosey is wrong here and i agree with you, its wrong no matter.

as an aside, dog did this to himself. he KNEW they were seeking to tape him, why did he not do the easiest thing possible: if you dont want to get recorded doing something in front of others, dont do it front of others. it is actually kind of simple. but like woosey, he may not have all his brain cells on duty.

kiwifan
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM

And Richard Pryor had a hit comedy record called "That N*gger's Crazy".

Same theory Gay guys can have a show call Queer whatever.

Black guys can have a show with the N-word

Lil Kim can call herself the Queen Bitch but I know I better not call her a bitch if we aren't friends.

And it goes even further, Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy (I think its the best of all times) and white people are calling black people the N-word all over that flick.

Its all about CONTEXT.

Hip Hop didn't change this or make up the rules...

...its always been about CONTEXT.

Only a true idiot doesn't know the difference between this guy Dog's rant and black people affectionately identifying their friends as their "n*ggas".

In Hollywood, I hear Jews doing similar ethnic stuff. Asians, Gays, Women and Hispanics too...

...Its all about CONTEXT.

Donny
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
NEW YORK — There is no divide at Def Jam: They are fully onboard with Nas. At the Manhattan premiere of "American Gangster" at the Apollo Theatre on Friday night (October 19), Island Def Jam Music Group Chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid balked at reports that his company isn't supporting Nas' decision to title his December 11 album ******.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572402/20071019/nas.jhtml

"I wanna make the word easy on mutha----as' ears," he explained. "You see how white boys ain't mad at 'cracker' 'cause it don't have the same [sting] as '******'? I want '******' to have less meaning [than] 'cracker.'

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:34 AM
I'm keenly aware that you'll ignore what I have to say, but there are throngs and throngs of Black people who detest the usage of the word whenever the word is used. It's weird how your defense of your unintelligent argument centers around minstrels and entertainers when the majority of their fans are white suburban males.

Please, keep yourself informed with who is fueling the usage of the word and who controls the organ by which the word is piped through the airways before you try to use this defense.
Those idiots would not have normalized the word if they had not been given a platform. I'm sure you'll ignore who provides the platform, though.

Typical.

if you read my posts you'll see that i actually acknowledge that their fans are white kids - hence the example of the 10 year white kid who goes around saying igga becuase some rapper says it in a song.

on top of that, rappers do engage in modern-day minstrelsy. hello, minstrels were usually performed for white people. black people getting up in black face to do their stereotypical song and dance for a white audience. you need to pick up a history book.

and frankly, somebody could provide a platform, but that don't mean you gotta step on it.

while white people may own the music companies, it is black people who willingly sign up to sell themselves and their people down the river. simple as that. did you see the movie bamboozled by spike lee? since you probably don't read, let that be your introduction to the world of how and why black folk sell themselves out.

do you think miles davis or john coltrane or thelonious monk or marvin gaye or james brown would sign up for this crap? nope and surely they had opportunity be become a minstrel act.

but 50, t.i., snoop will gladly do anything for that dollar bill. don't matter who they damage in the process. the fact that they go along with white record company owners who may care about the damage being done to black people, makes their actions even more criminal.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:43 AM
It is funny that every time a white person is caught using this disgusting word, they always try to justify it by saying the following:

"But black people use the word too; why can't I?"

Are siome whites that dumb? So let me get this straight: If a black person beat a black child, would a white person do it too and justify it?

Oh wait a minute. some have.:rolleyes:

Donny
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:05 AM
if you read my posts you'll see that i actually acknowledge that their fans are white kids - hence the example of the 10 year white kid who goes around saying igga becuase some rapper says it in a song.

on top of that, rappers do engage in modern-day minstrelsy. hello, minstrels were usually performed for white people. black people getting up in black face to do their stereotypical song and dance for a white audience. you need to pick up a history book.

and frankly, somebody could provide a platform, but that don't mean you gotta step on it.

while white people may own the music companies, it is black people who willingly sign up to sell themselves and their people down the river. simple as that. did you see the movie bamboozled by spike lee? since you probably don't read, let that be your introduction to the world of how and why black folk sell themselves out.

do you think miles davis or john coltrane or thelonious monk or marvin gaye or james brown would sign up for this crap? nope and surely they had opportunity be become a minstrel act.

but 50, t.i., snoop will gladly do anything for that dollar bill. don't matter who they damage in the process. the fact that they go along with white record company owners who may care about the damage being done to black people, makes their actions even more criminal.

Blah blah blah....

The "minstrel" rappers you speak of found a way out. Take 50 Cent for example. He was black, uneducated, had a prison record, and had a son to feed. Rapping was one of the only ways he could actually make it out of the ghetto. How would YOU prefer he make money? By going back on the corner to sell crack?

Or maybe you'd prefer he spend the rest of his life on welfare?

He's making money, legally, by entertaining millions of people- yes, including other blacks. I don't see what the problem is.

Wigglytuff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:38 AM
Blah blah blah....

The "minstrel" rappers you speak of found a way out. Take 50 Cent for example. He was black, uneducated, had a prison record, and had a son to feed. Rapping was one of the only ways he could actually make it out of the ghetto. How would YOU prefer he make money? By going back on the corner to sell crack?

He's making money, legally, by entertaining millions of people- yes, including other blacks. I don't see what the problem is.

this is another thing that annoys me everyone says go to college get a job, but look at the mess the college loan business is in now? with almost no oversight, a mess of lies and fraud. College grads in 10s of thousands of dollars in debt to get an education, cant get a job that pays the rent let alone pay back loans.

So I will not fault 50 for making money in a LEGAL way that feeds his kid. Its of tough world and not everyone who plays by the rules will have anything to show for it. and further no one should be faulted for legally making it big. even Dog himself.

woosey
because if 50 cent uses it, than no black person should ever complain. after all:

those blacks are really just one person, with one mind and as long as one rapper uses it every black person that has ever lived has oked it.
:smash:

well according to woosey, because you are black you DO like it when blacks use it and have no right to complain.

let it be noted that i think woosey is wrong here and i agree with you, its wrong no matter.

as an aside, dog did this to himself. he KNEW they were seeking to tape him, why did he not do the easiest thing possible: if you dont want to get recorded doing something in front of others, dont do it front of others. it is actually kind of simple. but like woosey, he may not have all his brain cells on duty.

i don't like to have to double rationlize things in my head. i was not raised to find the word *igga acceptable in polite or hostile or fun conversation.

but, why should i feel more disturbed when a white person refers to a black person like that?

i actually find it more disturbing to hear black people calling each other *igga because it just says to me that you're a slave. because to me, a slave takes on the master's word and pushes them on each other. you would never be calling another black person *igga had it not been for a specific legacy and history. how in the world is it clever or cool or ok that i use it as a term of endearment? and if i use it, why should i regard it as bein more acceptable. that word was never used in my house.

i am rarely surprised when/if a person who is white refers to a black person as a *igga. i can't even say i'm particularly offended that he did it. i'm certainly not shocked by it. like i said, i'm more disturbed when black folk do it.

it is so unfortunate that so many blacks think it's ok to address each other in this way. black folk are a bunch of *iggaholics. :lol:

Lil Kim can call herself the Queen Bitch but I know I better not call her a bitch if we aren't friends.

And it goes even further, Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy (I think its the best of all times) and white people are calling black people the N-word all over that flick.

Its all about CONTEXT.

Only a true idiot doesn't know the difference between this guy Dog's rant and black people affectionately identifying their friends as their "n*ggas".

In Hollywood, I hear Jews doing similar ethnic stuff. Asians, Gays, Women and Hispanics too...

well, i get when *igga is used as a literary or artistic tool, sometimes.

i don't accept it in common conversation - as in *igga please or my nig - and in other settings.

i was watching david banner in the last few weeks sitting in the house explaining (embarrassingly so) why it was ok for him to use the language he did. i felt sorry for him.

and lil kim does not represent anything to me - in fact, she's an idiot.

but since you're gonna use richard pryor, i will too. and call him an idiot while you're at it...

[I]"a voice said to me said look around what do you see. i said i see all colors of people doing everything. a voice said do you see any niggas. i said no. and i said you know why, cuz there aren't any. and it hit me like a shot man i started crying. i said yeah i've been here three weeks (in africa) and i haven't even said it. i haven't even thought it. and it made me think oh my god i've been wrong. i said i ain't gon' never call a black man nigga. you know cuz we never was no niggas. that's a word used to describe our own wretchedness. and we perpetuate it now cuz it's dead." RICHARD PRYOR - LIVE FROM THE SUNSET STRIP TOUR

FrchTwst
He used the n- word, big deal.
People need to stop overreacting and focus on real issues.

Wigglytuff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:41 AM

and for the record, i made my way alone without the help (or harm) of 50 or snoop or any other rapper. If you feel they have caused harm to you and you have never met them, you need to go see a doctor because you have MAJOR problems no rapper who never met you could cause or fix.

so speak for yourself little kid, they did not harm me or any other black person i have ever known. :wavey:

Wigglytuff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:47 AM
[I]

i don't like to have to double rationlize things in my head. i was not raised to find the word *igga acceptable in polite or hostile or fun conversation.

but, why should i feel more disturbed when a white person refers to a black person like that?

i actually find it more disturbing to hear black people calling each other *igga because it just says to me that you're a slave. because to me, a slave takes on the master's word and pushes them on each other. you would never be calling another black person *igga had it not been for a specific legacy and history. how in the world is it clever or cool or ok that i use it as a term of endearment? and if i use it, why should i regard it as bein more acceptable. that word was never used in my house.

i am rarely surprised when/if a person who is white refers to a black person as a *igga. i can't even say i'm particularly offended that he did it. i'm certainly not shocked by it. like i said, i'm more disturbed when black folk do it.

it is so unfortunate that so many blacks think it's ok to address each other in this way. black folk are a bunch of *iggaholics. :lol:

you miss the point and frankly your statements show that you come not from a place of awareness but rather of racial double standards.

i actually find it more disturbing to hear black people calling each other *igga
i'm more disturbed when black folk do it

you say you dont like double standards. but you are, by your own admission, harsher to those blacks to do the very same thing some whites do.

you are not fighting a double standard you are ask others to adopt one.

and in my opinion i have never seen being harsher to those blacks to do the very same thing some whites do as a good way to fight racism. that way just breeds it.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Blah blah blah....

yep, after selling drugs and shooting people he found a way to make money, legitimately i suppose. but, to me, making money on the backs of your people is not ok. you think it's ok to perpetuate the worse qualities of black manhood, etc. i don't. you have your expectations and i have mine.

i also don't believe that rap is his only talent as is evidenced by his business acumen. we should be telling our children to go to college and run a business not try to be a rapper and right about niggas and hoes....:rolleyes:

sometimes, the ends don't always justify the means.

this is another thing that annoys me everyone says go to college get a job, but look at the mess the college loan business is in now? with almost no oversight, a mess of lies and fraud. College grads in 10s of thousands of dollars in debt to get an education, cant get a job that pays the rent let alone pay back loans.

So I will not fault 50 for making money in a LEGAL way that feeds his kid. Its of tough world and not everyone who plays by the rules will have anything to show for it. and further no one should be faulted for legally making it big. even Dog himself.

oh lordy. you're a piece of work. so, tell all the black kids in the hood to go rap cuz them student loan predators will suck them up.

and for the record, i made my way alone without the help (or harm) of 50 or snoop or any other rapper. If you feel they have caused harm to you and you have never met them, you need to go see a doctor because you have MAJOR problems no rapper who never met you could cause or fix.

so speak for yourself little kid, they did not harm me or any other black person i have ever known. :wavey:

frankly, i think you need to read too. at least read some current scholarship or magazines or even listen to some popular culture experiences of people like oprah who went to africa and was horrified when she was called *igga because that's what they though black americans like being called - all the rap music they listen to tells them so.

i have a friend who was once called a ho by a white boy because he said he thought that's how black women referred to one another. i mean, that's what black men say about us - we bitches and hos. makes sense to me.

have i been physically attacked because of it? no. but there was a time when black people had a sense of pride about who they were.

apparently, you (and othes) can't see the forest for the trees.

what a pity.

Donny
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:57 AM
The N word, when used by blacks, is a synonym for "fellow black person". Just like the word "brother" or "sister" takes on entirely different meanings when between people with special relationships to each other.

I'm sure that this isn't the only instance in all of language either. I'm sure other cultures have different words for people of their tribe or ethnic group than they do for the human population as a whole.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:59 AM
you miss the point and frankly your statements show that you come not from a place of awareness but rather of racial double standards.

you say you dont like double standards. but you are, by your own admission, harsher to those blacks to do the very same thing some whites do.

you are not fighting a double standard you are ask others to adopt one.

and in my opinion i have never seen being harsher to those blacks to do the very same thing some whites do as a good way to fight racism. that way just breeds it.

i'm not harsher on black people who embrace it. their words sting more than those of others.

like, it hurts more if a member of my family says something shitty about me. not a double standard. i'm offended by both shitty statements but one stings a little bit more.

there's no double standard. i've never said everyone's use of the word is fine. i say if blacks can say it about themselves then white should be able to use the word as well.

reading is fundamental.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:00 AM
The N word, when used by blacks, is a synonym for "fellow black person". Just like the word "brother" or "sister" takes on entirely different meanings when between people with special relationships to each other.

I'm sure that this isn't the only instance in all of language either. I'm sure other cultures have different words for people of their tribe or ethnic group than they do for the human population as a whole.

well then you and wiggly can be my niggas then. right?

Donny
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:08 AM

The internet is great, no?

You know full well you'd never pull that stunt face to face with a black person.

I'm not even mad at you though. If you really want to make a statement, you can go to your nearest inner city hood and say that- and then see the responses you'll get.

Wigglytuff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:10 AM

WTF??? i already said that it bothers me when anyone uses the n word, why would i be ok when you use it?

see unlike you, i dont have different rules for whites and blacks. :wavey:

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:11 AM
The internet is great, no?

You know full well you'd never pull that stunt face to face with a black person.

I'm not even mad at you though. If you really want to make a statement, you can go to your nearest inner city hood and say that- and then see the responses you'll get.

well, if what you're saying is true, because i'm black, everybody will embrace me. :lol: cuz we're all just niggas up in the hood. my nigs...

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
WTF??? i already said that it bothers me when anyone uses the n word, why would i be ok when you use it?

see unlike you, i dont have different rules for whites and blacks. :wavey:

reading (and comprehension) is/are fundamental.

Donny
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:16 AM
well, if what you're saying is true, because i'm black, everybody will embrace me. :lol: cuz we're all just niggas up in the hood. my nigs...

You're black? WTF?

That's out of left field.

Why in the world would you ask me for permission to use it then?

Wigglytuff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:17 AM
reading (and comprehension) is/are fundamental.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

enough said.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:23 AM
You're black? WTF?

That's out of left field.

Why in the world would you ask me for permission to use it then?

like others have said, context is everything right?

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:26 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

enough said.

it's all still fundamental for you.

winone23
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:10 AM
I knew dude was racist, from the start I'm not surprised by his actions.

kiwifan
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
but since you're gonna use richard pryor, i will too. and call him an idiot while you're at it...

[I]"a voice said to me said look around what do you see. i said i see all colors of people doing everything. a voice said do you see any niggas. i said no. and i said you know why, cuz there aren't any. and it hit me like a shot man i started crying. i said yeah i've been here three weeks (in africa) and i haven't even said it. i haven't even thought it. and it made me think oh my god i've been wrong. i said i ain't gon' never call a black man nigga. you know cuz we never was no niggas. that's a word used to describe our own wretchedness. and we perpetuate it now cuz it's dead." RICHARD PRYOR - LIVE FROM THE SUNSET STRIP TOUR

a beautiful little speech from Richard Pryor...

...and I remember applauding the first time I heard it...

...but he did use the word Nigga again after making that speech and accepting all that applause.

And usually when he said it, it was with humorous intent and I laughed. ;)

All about Context. :p

Jakeev
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Not surprised or shocked at all..............

Pureracket
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM

but 50, t.i., snoop will gladly do anything for that dollar bill. don't matter who they damage in the process. the fact that they go along with white record company owners who may care about the damage being done to black people, makes their actions even more criminal.woosey,
That's some weak ass shit you're pulling to try to still throw those rappers in the convo after we told you what the ideology was behind their performance. The bad part is the fact that you're making my point.

For every 50 cent minstrel, you don't think there are @ least 2 other acts who aren't ignorant who are turned down? The record producers choose who they want to perform. They know the message they want to portray. That was cute how you said that I probably don't read. I'm not sure if that's another one of your racist assumptions, but you're wrong on that subject too.

Trust me. I've read your posts on subjects like these. There is absolutely nothing you can tell me about my own race's actions. Weird that you turn to another media organ. Advice: Discuss matters like these from things you actually know, not from what you are being told/shown.

Donny
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
woosey,
That's some weak ass shit you're pulling to try to still throw those rappers in the convo after we told you what the ideology was behind their performance. The bad part is the fact that you're making my point.

For every 50 cent minstrel, you don't think there are @ least 2 other acts who aren't ignorant who are turned down? The record producers choose who they want to perform. They know the message they want to portray. That was cute how you said that I probably don't read. I'm not sure if that's another one of your racist assumptions, but you're wrong on that subject too.

Trust me. I've read your posts on subjects like these. There is absolutely nothing you can tell me about my own race's actions. Weird that you turn to another media organ. Advice: Discuss matters like these from things you actually know, not from what you are being told/shown.

Record companies release what will make them money. 50 Cent makes them money. If he ever started to not make them money, he wouldn't have a deal anymore.

Why would they purposely ignore an act that would go platinum? Surely ONE studio woulf sign that act, wouldn't they?

meyerpl
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
I wish I could say I was shocked.

So he doesn't want a family member dating blacks because it will interfere with his freedom to call blacks the N-word :haha:

But he's not racist :)
No kidding. Wow, he must really like using that word a lot if he wants his son to break up with his girlfriend so he doesn't have to.....what....take a break from using it when she's around? How fucked up is that logic?

It's always interesting to see what twisted logic follows any time a racist says, "I'm not a racist but...." (Actually, it really isn't that interesting.)

meyerpl
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM

Its all about CONTEXT.

Very well said. It isn't the word that's offensive (if a baby stumbled upon it while babbling it would offend nobody), it's what it represents, which changes depending on context. There are many examples of the use of the "n-word" that I don't find offensive and other examples where I think it's the ugliest word in the English language.

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/demonbasketball04/lenny.gif
:lol::lol::lol:

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM

a fag is what it is.

a *igga is what it is.

So you think it means the same when a black person uses the word and the way dog uses the word. :tape:

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'm sure that if the name of the show was "those fvcking queer guys", it wouldn't have been accepted. hmmmm

Vlover
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
No kidding. Wow, he must really like using that word a lot if he wants his son to break up with his girlfriend so he doesn't have to.....what....take a break from using it when she's around? How fucked up is that logic?

It's always interesting to see what twisted logic follows any time a racist says, "I'm not a racist but...." (Actually, it really isn't that interesting.)

It follows that the mentality of a bigot is not is often not subject to logical reasoning but the intent is to disparage a person or people so that they can feel superior in some way.

I do feel for the son though. It must have hurt him deeply and take guts to expose his family publicly. I sincerely hope he finds healing and happiness when all this is done. This just illustrate that there are younger people who want to do the right thing but with parents like these it is difficult.

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
He used the n- word, big deal.
People need to stop overreacting and focus on real issues.
Focus on real issues like racism, hate, and ignorance, which I'm sure you're very familiar with. :help:

meyerpl
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
It follows that the mentality of a bigot is not is often not subject to logical reasoning but the intent is to disparage a person or people so that they can feel superior in some way.

I do feel for the son though. It must have hurt him deeply and take guts to expose his family publicly. I sincerely hope he finds healing and happiness when all this is done. This just illustrate that there are younger people who want to do the right thing but with parents like these it is difficult.

This is where I think good people can take hope from this story; racism seems to be declining with each successive generation in many, many families.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
woosey,

you need a better comeback.

if somebody says i'll give you xyz if you do xyz, it's still my decision in the end. don't matter how many idiots are lined up behind me to take up the offer.

whack reply. try again.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:43 PM
So you think it means the same when a black person uses the word and the way dog uses the word. :tape:

i'm gonna say yes.

they are both reprehensible.

which is worse, the pain inflicted by the master or negroes with the willie lynch syndrome who perpetuate the master's licks on their own?

for you it is the former maybe. for me, i cringe a lot when i hear somebody black use the word - like you my nigga....

or when black people are angry with each other they will refer to one another as niggas.

people want blacks to have a nigga pass. i'm not feelin that one.

Pureracket
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
i'm gonna say yes.

which is worse, the pain inflicted by the master or negroes with the willie lynch syndrome who perpetuate the master's licks on their own?

for you it is the former maybe. for me, i cringe a lot when i hear somebody black use the word - like you my nigga....

or when black people are angry with each other they will refer to one another as niggas.

people want blacks to have a nigga pass. i'm not feelin that one....of course, you're referring to all Black people when you say that too, right?:rolleyes:

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
I'm sure that if the name of the show was "those fvcking queer guys", it wouldn't have been accepted. hmmmm

if it was those fcking blacks it would not have been accepted either. i think queer is actually a very acceptable saying. imo, it's light. queer as a word has little history compared to the word fag. i mean, no matter how many sweet adjectives surrounded the word fag, it would not be in the title of a mainstream network show - "fag eye for the straight guy" - just as "nigga eye for the white guy" would not be put in a show's title. to me, fag is a far more incendiary word, pardon the pun.

but if somebody who's gay wants to take issue with the word queer and assert that it's on a par with fag or want to put forth another context argument, that's their prerogative.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
...of course, you're referring to all Black people when you say that too, right?:rolleyes:

i've got no idea what you're talking about.

but since you're a willie lynch supporter...:rolleyes:

Wigglytuff
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
i've got no idea what you're talking about.

and if anyone needed a greater example of your intellectual short comings, here it is.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
a beautiful little speech from Richard Pryor...

...and I remember applauding the first time I heard it...

...but he did use the word Nigga again after making that speech and accepting all that applause.

And usually when he said it, it was with humorous intent and I laughed. ;)

All about Context. :p

pryor was obviously a recovering niggaholic - they have relapses now and then. but the point is that he renounced it which is better than a lot of people are willing to do.

but, in terms of context, imo, there are few that apply.

a lot of the times when people say it is so gratuitous it is dumb and vile.

but in terms of using it "correctly" i accept this particular famous phrase by Paul Mooney:

"I say '******' 100 times every morning; it keeps my teeth white." - wrapped up in that statement is commentary on white supremacy that calls them and a specific history into question. it makes all kinds of social, political and pop culture references in a clever way.

but, black people who just call their friends, etc. nigga are not doing it out of some desire to subvert and question. they are just being idiots imo. they are slaves.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
and if anyone needed a greater example of your intellectual short comings, here it is.

i can tell you one thing, my intellectual shortcomings are not nearly as great as yours.

woosey
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
Very well said. It isn't the word that's offensive (if a baby stumbled upon it while babbling it would offend nobody), it's what it represents, which changes depending on context. There are many examples of the use of the "n-word" that I don't find offensive and other examples where I think it's the ugliest word in the English language.

speak for yourself.

i would be trying to figure out where the child came across the word.

Vlover
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=woosey;11936975]
but, in terms of context, imo, there are few that apply.
a lot of the times when people say it is so gratuitous it is dumb and vile.

I seriously doubt that most of the posters that made comments are condoning or giving a pass to anyone who uses the term. They are just stating that they don't buy into the deflective technique that is being used often by the media to conflate things that have nothing to do with each other.

I strongly detest the word among others such as "dawg" and would never use it under any circumstances but I must admit there is a marked difference between blacks using it as a term of endearment in contrast to the intent of bigots. Those who continuously use the "rapper" defense to justify their bigotry and misogyny makes it no less offensive.

meyerpl
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
i'm gonna say yes.they are both reprehensible.

"You can't be serious!" - John McEnroe

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
]i'm gonna say yes.
[/B]

people want blacks to have a nigga pass. i'm not feelin that one.
That says it all. :sigh: :sad: What's interesting is that you're using the word "nigga" more than anyone on this board.

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Something is truly wrong with that dude. I think he has some deeper issues that can't be addressed on this board.

Nicolás89
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:17 AM
the N word must not be used by any, ANY means or context, period.

No Name Face
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:13 AM
If Nas names his album ******, he loses his influence as a rapper. Period.
I can't believe he said that shit, that pisses me off.

and yeah yeah, honestly...why this has 90 posts is beyond me. a white person is racist? big surprise, deal with it.

meyerpl
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:28 AM
If Nas names his album ******, he loses his influence as a rapper. Period.
I can't believe he said that shit, that pisses me off.

and yeah yeah, honestly...why this has 90 posts is beyond me. a white person is racist? big surprise, deal with it.

You sound a bit prejudiced. Your statement comes off that way.

How would it sound if I said, "A black person is (insert any negative term)? Big surprise.

Of course, if called on it, I'd defend my statement by saying, "I didn't say they all are, but in my experience a lot of them are." I might even preface it by saying "I'm not a racist but...."

Now, if you'd written, "A bounty hunter who calls himself "Dawg" is a racist piece of shit? Big surprise." I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Donny
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:32 AM

How would it sound if I said, "A black person is (insert any negative term)? Big surprise.

Of course, if called on it, I'd defend my statement by saying, "I didn't say they all are, but in my experience a lot of them are." I might even preface it by saying "I'm not a racist but...."

Now, if you'd written, "A bounty hunter who calls himself "Dawg" is a racist piece of shit? Big surprise." I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Racism was envisioned, adopted, indoctrinated, and made into law by Caucasians. So finding a racist white person doesn't really come as a shock to minorities anymore.

meyerpl
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Racism was envisioned, adopted, indoctrinated, and made into law by Caucasians. So finding a racist white person doesn't really come as a shock to minorities anymore.
It's a fault many people of various shades have also embraced with enthusiasm. Painting people with a broad brush based on color it isn't justifiable. It's wrong, and being non-white doesn't give anyone a license to be a bigot. Don't accept it from anyone, minorities included.

Donny
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:03 AM
It's a fault many people of various shades have also embraced with enthusiasm. Painting people with a broad brush based on color it isn't justifiable. It's wrong, and being non-white doesn't give anyone a license to be a bigot. Don't accept it from anyone, minorities included.

It isn't really a broad brush. A large amount of public (mostly white) sentiment is behind policies and actions that are undeniably racist. Take for instance, a book like "The Bell Curve"- which was lauded as a quasi classic by some circles.

meyerpl
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:29 AM
It isn't really a broad brush. A large amount of public (mostly white) sentiment is behind policies and actions that are undeniably racist. Take for instance, a book like "The Bell Curve"- which was lauded as a quasi classic by some circles.
I'm talking about the statement. No book, no argument, no civics lesson (thanks for that) make it O.K. It isn't constructive, it's a very unfortunate choice of words. It smacks strongly of prejudice, which reflects poorly on anyone, regardless of color. Are there people, policies and actions that are undeniably racist? Hell yeah, you don't have to teach me that. That doesn't justify making a statement painting white people as a bunch of racists.

Suppose I said, "A black criminal? Big surprise." The remark would be insulting, prejudiced and hurtful to black people. I could point to crime statistics, prison populations and books that are lauded as quasi classic in some circles to justify the remark but it wouldn't make it right. The remark is wrong to make in and of itself.

wta_zuperfann
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:01 PM
``He sounded like a complete ass. ``

And like a Republican, too.

:haha:

Donny
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I'm talking about the statement. No book, no argument, no civics lesson (thanks for that) make it O.K. It isn't constructive, it's a very unfortunate choice of words. It smacks strongly of prejudice, which reflects poorly on anyone, regardless of color. Are there people, policies and actions that are undeniably racist? Hell yeah, you don't have to teach me that. That doesn't justify making a statement painting white people as a bunch of racists.

Suppose I said, "A black criminal? Big surprise." The remark would be insulting, prejudiced and hurtful to black people. I could point to crime statistics, prison populations and books that are lauded as quasi classic in some circles to justify the remark but it wouldn't make it right. The remark is wrong to make in and of itself.

What's wrong with that statement? It's a sad reality a life. Black people have come to terms with this. You realize that the term "black on black crime" is used mainly by blacks in America? We hold "Stop the Violence" rallies, and hold anti crime marches all the time in crime afflicted communities. We realize that crime in black communities is a serious problem unique to most ethnic groups.

Maybe whites should do the same with their racism issues.

meyerpl
Nov 4th, 2007, 07:34 PM
What's wrong with that statement? It's a sad reality a life. Black people have come to terms with this. You realize that the term "black on black crime" is used mainly by blacks in America? We hold "Stop the Violence" rallies, and hold anti crime marches all the time in crime afflicted communities. We realize that crime in black communities is a serious problem unique to most ethnic groups.

Maybe whites should do the same with their racism issues.
What's wrong with it is it's hurtful to the vast majority of black people who are honest, decent and law abiding. Such a statement is in no way constructive; it only creates bad feelings and ill will.

woosey
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:42 PM
That says it all. :sigh: :sad: What's interesting is that you're using the word "nigga" more than anyone on this board.

why would you have a problem with it?

i'm black. and you don't seem to have a problem with black folk saying nigga. so, what's the rub if i use it?

i mean, you are others are acting as though you can and do feel comfortable comparmentalizing the use of the word. there really shouldn't be a problem imo.

the word is in the right hands, black hands. and we surely understand when and how to use it.

woosey
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Something is truly wrong with that dude. I think he has some deeper issues that can't be addressed on this board.

first, woosey is not a dude, woosey is a chick.

second, something is truly wrong when people grovel to reserve use of a detestable word for only some people. as in somehow because black peoples= have the been on the recipient end of the word that we are somehow good guardians of it. we know how to use it. and only we understand it's purpose. if you want to ignore it's use among blacks and make it seem like it's ok, go right ahead.

i happen to think blacks like you are horrible and possess a slave mentality.

i say, what on earth has black america come to when we think defending the use of the word for ourselves is the end all be all of our first amendment rights. like, it's our frickin birthright to be debase and stupid.

so no i don't care if that idiot uses the word nigga. i care whether a little black boy is using it to describe his friends. in the end, that has more of an affect on the psyche of black people than some uneducated pseudo cop.

woosey
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM
the N word must not be used by any, ANY means or context, period.

black people will stone you for staying that. :lol:

azinna
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I may be mistaken, but I don't think Dog's use of the N-word has much of a relationship to gangsta rap. If he were a little younger (and a product of some wealthy Euro-American suburb, to boot), I'd be more inclined to associate the two. But Dog doesn't seem the type to need permission from 2-Pac, Biggie, Snoop, Nas or 50 to use slurs. So it may be best for us not to bring up gangsta rap every time a Euro-American uses racial and derogatory language.

That said, making distinctions between those using the N-word and judging its effect on context gets real close to the Intent Argument that Dog was advancing ("I use the word, can't stop using it, don't want to stop using it, but I never mean it that way"). It also assumes that (a) African-Americans don't "slip" and use that word with malicious intent, and (b) its use in the community isn't a manifestation of internalized racism. From seeing it used over and over again by my friends, I'm not comfortable making those assumptions. So I definitely like the current move (or attempt) to strike that word from our communal vocabulary, and to do so by arguing its pejorative effect regardless of the speaker's intent.

No Name Face
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM

it's no surprise that a white person is racist.
is this supposed to be a shock?
it's not prejudice, it's reality.

Denise4925
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:45 AM
:haha: What an idiot.

Donny
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:47 AM
first, woosey is not a dude, woosey is a chick.

second, something is truly wrong when people grovel to reserve use of a detestable word for only some people. as in somehow because black peoples= have the been on the recipient end of the word that we are somehow good guardians of it. we know how to use it. and only we understand it's purpose. if you want to ignore it's use among blacks and make it seem like it's ok, go right ahead.

i happen to think blacks like you are horrible and possess a slave mentality.

i say, what on earth has black america come to when we think defending the use of the word for ourselves is the end all be all of our first amendment rights. like, it's our frickin birthright to be debase and stupid.

so no i don't care if that idiot uses the word nigga. i care whether a little black boy is using it to describe his friends. in the end, that has more of an affect on the psyche of black people than some uneducated pseudo cop.

So in other words: It's ok for you to care more when a black child uses it than when a white man uses it- but it's not OK for someone to think the opposite?

That seems to be the epitome of being debase and stupid to me.

Also notice that the people bringing up the double standard argument seem to care about the use of the word far more than blacks. Are blacks up in arms over Dog? Are they petitioning A&E en masse to have him fired? No. And the ones that are: DON'T USE THE WORD. Your ability to differentiate between different groups of blacks is startling, especially since you claim you're black yourself.

Blacks who use the word amongst themselves, mostly young, poor blacks, almost NEVER form organized efforts to stop its use among whites. The blacks who do, like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc.don't approve of the use of the word by anyone.

This really should be simple to grasp.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:47 AM
it's no surprise that a white person is racist.
is this supposed to be a shock?
it's not prejudice, it's reality.

It should be no surprise that certain people from ALL racial groups are racists. Many of them towards there own kind...quite sad really.

:wavey:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:48 AM

Very well said. :)

Donny
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:48 AM
It should be no surprise that certain people from ALL racial groups are racists. Many of them towards there own kind...quite sad really.

:wavey:

It's less of a surprise when the race most likely to benefit from being racist (white people) are racist.

Denise4925
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:01 AM

Please don't bring up John McEnroe. I met him in Dallas on October 20 and he was so nasty. He was staying at the same hotel I was and he was leaving for the tournament as I was checking out. He was on his cell phone and another man and I were standing there waiting for him to get off the phone to sign autographs. When he finally saw we were standing there, first he said no and then as we were walking away, he walked toward us to give the autographs. I held a piece of paper out to him and tried to let him know that I enjoyed him on Curb Your Enthusiasm, to which he totally ignored and said to me "can you hold the paper for me to sign" in a very nasty tone. I almost told him to fuck himself, I didn't like him anyway. :rolleyes: I hate myself for not doing it, but I held the paper, he signed it, signed the man's sports book and got into the waiting car, I got into mine and we drove off. I felt so deflated by the whole thing. He treated us like we weren't even human.

Sorry I went off on the tangent, but the name just sparked me. :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:02 AM
It's less of a surprise when the race most likely to benefit from being racist (white people) are racist.

Nobody benefits from racisim or prejudices of any kind on any level. I don't know a single person in modern day civilization of even low- moderate intelligence ( DOGs name speaks for itself :help: ) that would think differently. All of the successfull people ( of all creeds ) i personally know have gottin that way because of hard work and an honest living. No unfair "benefits" needed or wanted.

We live correct. :bounce:

Thats my input on the subect...enjoy your evening...:wavey:

Wigglytuff
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:05 AM

no but if you say that black people should be treated harsher than whites for the same offense, than that might get people throwing things at you. :wavey: :wavey:

meyerpl
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure about that. I'm strongly inclined to believe that black people in the U.S. have more reasons to feel resentful of white people than the other way around. Nonetheless, racial prejudice is wrong and should be rejected. We all have character flaws, including to some degree, prejudice. I've always thought prejudice is a human fallibility like greed, dishonesty and gluttony. We should admit it to ourselves and fight those urges, otherwise we'll end up being fat, lying, cheating, hating assholes nobody wants to be around.

meyerpl
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Please don't bring up John McEnroe. I met him in Dallas on October 20 and he was so nasty. He was staying at the same hotel I was and he was leaving for the tournament as I was checking out. He was on his cell phone and another man and I were standing there waiting for him to get off the phone to sign autographs. When he finally saw we were standing there, first he said no and then as we were walking away, he walked toward us to give the autographs. I held a piece of paper out to him and tried to let him know that I enjoyed him on Curb Your Enthusiasm, to which he totally ignored and said to me "can you hold the paper for me to sign" in a very nasty tone. I almost told him to fuck himself, I didn't like him anyway. :rolleyes: I hate myself for not doing it, but I held the paper, he signed it, signed the man's sports book and got into the waiting car, I got into mine and we drove off. I felt so deflated by the whole thing. He treated us like we weren't even human.

Sorry I went off on the tangent, but the name just sparked me. :pMan, I'm sorry to hear that. It's disappointing, but I suppose the guy did make a name for himself, in addition to being a great tennis player, by being an insufferable jerk.

Donny
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Nobody benefits from racisim or prejudices of any kind on any level. I don't know a single person in modern day civilization of even low- moderate intelligence ( DOGs name speaks for itself :help: ) that would think differently. All of the successfull people ( of all creeds ) i personally know have gottin that way because of hard work and an honest living. No unfair "benefits" needed or wanted.

We live correct. :bounce:

Thats my input on the subect...enjoy your evening...:wavey:

Naive thinking.

Racism was created because of a need to justify the enslavement of human beings. Without the theory of racism, the Atlantic slave trade would not have gone on for centuries. I know of many families and institutions who became very very wealthy from slavery. Case in point being the Fleet bank- it began as a insurer for slave ships. Hence the name "Fleet".

For a modern example, look at any race baiting politician- like Rudy, for instance. He got elected mayor based on fear of minorities.

woosey
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:25 AM
no but if you say that black people should be treated harsher than whites for the same offense, than that might get people throwing things at you. :wavey: :wavey:

i did not say black people should be treated harsher.

still for you, reading is fundamental.

Donny
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:27 AM
i did not say black people should be treated harsher.

still for you, reading is fundamental.

so no i don't care if that idiot uses the word nigga. i care whether a little black boy is using it to describe his friends.

See, double standards are fun, aren't they?

woosey
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:36 AM
So in other words: It's ok for you to care more when a black child uses it than when a white man uses it- but it's not OK for someone to think the opposite?

That seems to be the epitome of being debase and stupid to me.

Also notice that the people bringing up the double standard argument seem to care about the use of the word far more than blacks. Are blacks up in arms over Dog? Are they petitioning A&E en masse to have him fired? No. And the ones that are: DON'T USE THE WORD. Your ability to differentiate between different groups of blacks is startling, especially since you claim you're black yourself.

Blacks who use the word amongst themselves, mostly young, poor blacks, almost NEVER form organized efforts to stop its use among whites. The blacks who do, like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc.don't approve of the use of the word by anyone.

This really should be simple to grasp.

excuse you, but you've got the order of things all wrong.

my initial response in this thread was more like, why should i be concerned about his actions when black people freely throw the word around and, in particular, aspects of our culture actually promote its use. therefore, getting pissed when others use it because you think you should have some special ownership over the word is ridiculous imo.

now, read the responses to my initial statements. follow the thread. people had an inability to accept and respect my statement. i didn't comment on anyone's statement from the start. in fact, i hardly even read the statements before mine. check your facts dear.

i'm not responding to black responses outside of wtaworld because i do not care enough to do so. so, i have no idea what blacks in the "real world" are actually doing or not doing.

so to your last point, i'm not up on what jesse and al think about this. there are educated people who use the word believe it or not - i mean, you're semi-literate and you have not problems using the word. otherwise, i've got no idea what you're getting at. that the people who protest are out of touch with the lowly common folk?

woosey
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:40 AM

one is treating someone harsher - like i will penalize someone more.

paying more attention to the psychological health of black folk happens to be more important to me than paying attention to some idiot on the television.

i don't understand why you can't get that.

i don't care about him. his words don't concern me so much. black folks' word concern me.

last i checked, saying the word is not a crime, only a social faux pas if you're white. it should be a social faux pas for blacks too and that's my point.

evidently reading is fundamental for you too.

Donny
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:53 AM
one is treating someone harsher - like i will penalize someone more.

paying more attention to the psychological health of black folk happens to be more important to me than paying attention to some idiot on the television.

So if some black said that the use of the N word, for them, is a positive cultural element that empowers them, you'd disregard this and still see it as detrimental? I think you have a low opinion of black people then. For instance- some people like smoking. They say it helps them get through the day. I don't agree with them- but then again, it's there choice. They'd know what's good for them better than I would. I'd think it should be up to individual people to decide what "works" for them.

i don't understand why you can't get that.

i don't care about him. his words don't concern me so much. black folks' word concern me.

last i checked, saying the word is not a crime, only a social faux pas if you're white. it should be a social faux pas for blacks too and that's my point.

evidently reading is fundamental for you too.

It IS a social faux pas for most blacks. Where the hell have you been for the past century?

meyerpl
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I suggest such matters be left to a trained sociologist to resolve.

miffedmax
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:32 AM
To my mind, there is a difference between being racist and being prejudiced. Racism reflects not only prejudice, but allows that prejudice to be codified into law at it's most blatant, but it can also be an unwritten social code.

As an example, let's say I own a business and I need to hire somebody. There are two applicants, we'll call them Rena, who is black, and Lena, who is white. Now, if I hire the slightly less qualified Lena because I'm prejudiced, Rena can walk over to say meyerperl's business, or No Name Face's, and apply for a job there.

In a racist society, either through law or social agreement, both meyerpl and I are going to hire only white applicants, and NNF probably doesn't have a business because meyerpl and I have made sure he can't own a business through legislation and trade practices.

In the US, racism has been practiced largely by the white majority against the black minority. Since blacks have never really controlled the seats of power in the US, they haven't really been able to practice racism against whites. Indeed, the very existance of the term "reverse racism" is in its own way a tacit admission this is so. (It's a concept I generally don't by, although I suppose it's possible in some circumstances).

This does not mean they can't be prejudiced, or commit hate crimes, or in some local areas been able to practice racism against whites or other ethnic groups. Or that in parts of Africa, tribally based "racism" hasn't created its own horrible legacy.

It's not entirely a dictionary definition, but when this topic comes up I find it is often useful to distinguish between racism, which I would argue is more institutional, and prejudice, which is more individual.

Finally, not that he needs me to get his back, but I will. NNF is one of the most fair-minded people on this board.

Bacardi
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:03 AM
The son of Dog's that leaked the tape, he's trouble. The guy's just recently gotten out of Prison, and is the son that Dog's reached out to and tried to help time and time again. However the kid has an addiction to meth/crack, and the deal is that his girlfriend and her family had a lot to do with why his son went and served time in Prison. If you had a kid, and they dated a girl and while I think it's awful he used the "N-word", if she'd been white and he'd referred to her as a "drug whore" there wouldn't be this much outrage & that's a damning statement as well. I think it's awful Dog used that word, he should have just called her a narcing drug whore, who's going to get his son back in the pen. He just used poor judgement there. I think it's horrible the son or his girlfriend leaked the tape to the press to probably put some money in their pockets so they could go on a big drug bindge on the National Enquirer's tab. Dirty all around. Then again the Chapmans, while I like their show, basically are kinda like White Trash on TV. White trash who went to prison, got out and seeked some power into bringing some kinda fuct up form of Justice to people who's missing courtdates and breaking laws. I feel bad for Dog and his family, but he used the wrong word. The man's not all bad, I mean have you seen how hard he works to try to get help to those people who he arrests, he almost always wears his heart on his sleve. It probably was just out of anger for the fact that girl made his son serve some time, and his son was stupid enough to go back to her. Maybe I should write dog and tell him how my family hated who I was with much the same way, but no matter what they said I had to see it for myself.

Here's to hoping they put the show back on A&E, because that was kinda fun to watch them go after the "bad guys" every week. And A&E sucks ass without that show!

meyerpl
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:05 AM
To my mind, there is a difference between being racist and being prejudiced. Racism reflects not only prejudice, but allows that prejudice to be codified into law at it's most blatant, but it can also be an unwritten social code.

As an example, let's say I own a business and I need to hire somebody. There are two applicants, we'll call them Rena, who is black, and Lena, who is white. Now, if I hire the slightly less qualified Lena because I'm prejudiced, Rena can walk over to say meyerperl's business, or No Name Face's, and apply for a job there.

In a racist society, either through law or social agreement, both meyerpl and I are going to hire only white applicants, and NNF probably doesn't have a business because meyerpl and I have made sure he can't own a business through legislation and trade practices.

In the US, racism has been practiced largely by the white majority against the black minority. Since blacks have never really controlled the seats of power in the US, they haven't really been able to practice racism against whites. Indeed, the very existance of the term "reverse racism" is in its own way a tacit admission this is so. (It's a concept I generally don't by, although I suppose it's possible in some circumstances).

This does not mean they can't be prejudiced, or commit hate crimes, or in some local areas been able to practice racism against whites or other ethnic groups. Or that in parts of Africa, tribally based "racism" hasn't created its own horrible legacy.

It's not entirely a dictionary definition, but when this topic comes up I find it is often useful to distinguish between racism, which I would argue is more institutional, and prejudice, which is more individual.

Finally, not that he needs me to get his back, but I will. NNF is one of the most fair-minded people on this board.
I was taught the same distinction between racism and prejudice in a class years ago. I made the point on this board about two years ago (apparently not as well as you have here) and was pretty much shot down. I'm glad you posted this because I was begining to think the instructer made it up! The word racism seems to be interchangable with prejudice and bigtotry in common speech. Apparently, the word has a different meaning to a sociologist. In fact, you are correct, the dictionary doesn't define racism as systemic, but that is what I was taught. According to that definition, any member of the majority benefits from racism whether the person actively supports it or not.

Black Mamba.
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Some of you take what he said too seriously. Racists like him get exposed everyday. Who cares, he got exposed end of story. There is no need for deep conversation or debate about what a bounty hunter named dog says.

Donny
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:28 AM
I was taught the same distinction between racism and prejudice in a class years ago. I made the point on this board about two years ago (apparently not as well as you have here) and was pretty much shot down. I'm glad you posted this because I was begining to think the instructer made it up! The word racism seems to be interchangable with prejudice and bigtotry in common speech. Apparently, the word has a different meaning to a sociologist. In fact, you are correct, the dictionary doesn't define racism as systemic, but that is what I was taught. According to that definition, any member of the majority benefits from racism whether the person actively supports it or not.

Prejudice is an irrational favoring of one group, person, or thing over all others.Racism, as a term, means the belief that one race is inherently superior to another. When this philosophy is codified in law, it's called institutionalized racism. So in a sense, racism is racially based prejudice.

Using those definitions, what you think of as racism is actually instituionalized racism.

meyerpl
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Prejudice is an irrational favoring of one group, person, or thing over all others.Racism, as a term, means the belief that one race is inherently superior to another. When this philosophy is codified in law, it's called institutionalized racism. So in a sense, racism is racially based prejudice.

Using those definitions, what you think of as racism is actually instituionalized racism.
Not necessarily codified into law, but put into practice. In fact, in the U.S. today, there are common racist practices that are contrary to law. Nonetheless, the term "institutionalized racism" is redundant if racism is, by it's very nature, systemic.

Wigglytuff
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:52 AM

i would say more flat out lies that anyone who has read any of his posts in this thread would spot it in a minute.

Wigglytuff
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:56 AM
So if some black said that the use of the N word, for them, is a positive cultural element that empowers them, you'd disregard this and still see it as detrimental? I think you have a low opinion of black people then. For instance- some people like smoking. They say it helps them get through the day. I don't agree with them- but then again, it's there choice. They'd know what's good for them better than I would. I'd think it should be up to individual people to decide what "works" for them.

It IS a social faux pas for most blacks. Where the hell have you been for the past century?

thats because you actually have respect for black people.

and you hit woosey's issue on the mark.

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:10 AM
why would you have a problem with it?

i'm black. and you don't seem to have a problem with black folk saying nigga. so, what's the rub if i use it?

i mean, you are others are acting as though you can and do feel comfortable comparmentalizing the use of the word. there really shouldn't be a problem imo.

the word is in the right hands, black hands. and we surely understand when and how to use it.
Please show me where I said or implied that black folks using the word was ok.

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Aren't you black? Oh, I forgot, you're different than any other blacks. :lol:

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE]Nobody benefits from racisim or prejudices of any kind on any level.
I totally disagree.

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:24 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:28 AM
[QUOTE] i'm not responding to black responses outside of wtaworld because i do not care enough to do so. so, i have no idea what blacks in the "real world" are actually doing or not doing.
:tape::lol::help:

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Once again. :worship::worship::worship:

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:38 AM
The son of Dog's that leaked the tape, he's trouble. The guy's just recently gotten out of Prison, and is the son that Dog's reached out to and tried to help time and time again. However the kid has an addiction to meth/crack, and the deal is that his girlfriend and her family had a lot to do with why his son went and served time in Prison. If you had a kid, and they dated a girl and while I think it's awful he used the "N-word", if she'd been white and he'd referred to her as a "drug whore" there wouldn't be this much outrage & that's a damning statement as well. I think it's awful Dog used that word, he should have just called her a narcing drug whore, who's going to get his son back in the pen. He just used poor judgement there. I think it's horrible the son or his girlfriend leaked the tape to the press to probably put some money in their pockets so they could go on a big drug bindge on the National Enquirer's tab. Dirty all around. Then again the Chapmans, while I like their show, basically are kinda like White Trash on TV. White trash who went to prison, got out and seeked some power into bringing some kinda fuct up form of Justice to people who's missing courtdates and breaking laws. I feel bad for Dog and his family, but he used the wrong word. The man's not all bad, I mean have you seen how hard he works to try to get help to those people who he arrests, he almost always wears his heart on his sleve. It probably was just out of anger for the fact that girl made his son serve some time, and his son was stupid enough to go back to her. Maybe I should write dog and tell him how my family hated who I was with much the same way, but no matter what they said I had to see it for myself.

Here's to hoping they put the show back on A&E, because that was kinda fun to watch them go after the "bad guys" every week. And A&E sucks ass without that show!
I didn't read all of your post because the part I read in my opinion is dog shit. Dog is an ex=con himself and where is the proof that this girl and her family is the cause of his son going to prison.

Even if what you say is true, his rant was because he and his family couldn't stop themselves from using ****** in their house. Great example for his son, don't you think. He probably used meth because his own damn family is a bunch of ignorant racist.

Denise4925
Nov 6th, 2007, 07:53 AM

I totally agree with this and have preached the same myself when accused of being a racist on this board. Anyway, merypl, if you had put this forward, I'm sure I was one of the ones who agreed with you.

mandy7
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:06 AM
f-ing hell, 6 pages over 1 word :eek:
it's bad though!
but why give a fuck about this clown? :shrug:

mykarma
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:22 PM
f-ing hell, 6 pages over 1 word :eek:
it's bad though!
but why give a fuck about this clown? :shrug:
If you don't give a fuck why post about it. :shrug:

harloo
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:30 PM

:worship:

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:35 PM
did y'all see dog's trife ass on sean hannity show last night? of course hannity had dog's back. :rolleyes: dog said that he gonna make sure dog is buried in a cemetary where slaves where buried. *smh*

mandy7
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:46 PM
If you don't give a fuck why post about it. :shrug:
I didn't.
I posted about the fact that there's 6 pages of talk about someone who's not worth it.

mykarma
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:39 PM
did y'all see dog's trife ass on sean hannity show last night? of course hannity had dog's back. :rolleyes: dog said that he gonna make sure dog is buried in a cemetary where slaves where buried. *smh*
Was that suppose to be a joke?

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Was that suppose to be a joke?

no! he said that ish last night!! it might be on youtube now i don't know.

you can peep his comment here http://www.newshounds.us/2007/11/07/hannity_devotes_full_hour_to_duane_dog_chapman_and _coincidentally_squeezes_out_colmes.php

As penance, he vowed to be buried among slaves in umarked graves near George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon

mykarma
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:34 PM

you can peep his comment here http://www.newshounds.us/2007/11/07/hannity_devotes_full_hour_to_duane_dog_chapman_and _coincidentally_squeezes_out_colmes.php

As penance, he vowed to be buried among slaves in umarked graves near George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon
The bitch will be dead so what difference would it make where he's buried. .

Wigglytuff
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Naive thinking.

Racism was created because of a need to justify the enslavement of human beings. Without the theory of racism, the Atlantic slave trade would not have gone on for centuries. I know of many families and institutions who became very very wealthy from slavery. Case in point being the Fleet bank- it began as a insurer for slave ships. Hence the name "Fleet".

For a modern example, look at any race baiting politician- like Rudy, for instance. He got elected mayor based on fear of minorities.

:worship: :worship: :worship: great post

Wigglytuff
Nov 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM

funny i think that i do have more respect for dog, though his request is stupid, but even less (if that was possible) for hannity. dog is sorry, he fucked up and he knows it. he might not get to keep his show but i think he means to learn something from this.

samsung101
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM
The guy has spent time in prison, for murder (associate).
He's been part of a hard core gang.
Why does it surprise anyone he talks like a pig?
He is a pig. That's what makes him different, colorful,
unusual, a freak show...and people want to watch him.

I don't get it personally. Why is this man a celebrity?
Why does anyone care what he says or thinks? He's parlayed
being a criminal, thug, and now a bounty hunter into a million
dollar business.

I find the guy creepy. Don't care to put one dime into his pocket
in any way.

In the marketplace, if he has now lost a good portion of the audience
he had, then he'll be off the air for a long time. He should be for the
short term at least.

If people want to see him on tv again, they likely will.
But, I'd just as soon not see his show. I'll turn it off any time I see him.

The company that owns the network his show is on, knew what he was, know
how talks, knows how he conducts his business on the show behind the scenes.
They've heard him speak this way, and they were evidently fine with it. They
could bleep out what they wanted.

The son just did what the old man taught him, to be sneaky, underhanded, criminal,
and no holds bar. What goes around, comes around for this guy, c/o of his son.

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
The guy has spent time in prison, for murder (associate).
He's been part of a hard core gang.
Why does it surprise anyone he talks like a pig?

and he is sayin that his crew in the joint (brutha's) let him use the n word. chile pleez! aint no negro that i know of gonna let anybody specially some PWT like dog talk like that around them. c'mon now.

meyerpl
Nov 10th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I didn't.
I posted about the fact that there's 6 pages of talk about someone who's not worth it.
? I've seen more pages of talk about Britney Spears, soap operas and mind numbing reality TV shows. Don't get me wrong, I've never seen the bounty hunter show, nor would I unless I was hogtied in front of it with my eye lids taped open. But at least this subject spawns discussion of social issues that profoundly affect us all to varying degrees. I can't think of any reason to spend time in those other threads unless it's to inject one of my stupid jokes.

meyerpl
Nov 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I totally agree with this and have preached the same myself when accused of being a racist on this board. Anyway, merypl, if you had put this forward, I'm sure I was one of the ones who agreed with you.
As I recall, you told me to go fuck myself........TO DEATH!:bigcry: