PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WTAWorld Eurovision Song Contest

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:57 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/koolmansteven/euro2.jpg

Welcome again to the WTAWorld Eurovision Song Contest in Ankara,Turkey. We are here thanks to Sertab Erener and Everyway that I Can winning last fall in Belgium. This extraordinary event is taking place in the Ankara Opera House usually reserved for classical music it will now be home to all sorts of styles of music. The number of participating countries is down by two members but still it's just as strong. The voting was strong enough with it coming down to the last jury to decide who would win the inaugral event. The favorites include Norway,Poland,Belgium as they were picked the most from the members which the trend says produces 12 points. Should be exciting!

Bienvenue encore au Concours de Chanson d'Eurovision de WTAWorld dans Ankara, Turquie. Nous sommes ici grâce à Sertab Erener et Everyway that I Can gagnant la dernière concours dans Belgique. Cet événement extraordinaire et dans la Maison d'Opéra d'Ankara a réservé d'habitude pour la musique classique mais maintenant tous genres de styles de musique est ici. Le nombre de participer de pays sont en bas par deux membres mais calme c'est tout comme fort. Le suffrage était proche assez descendant avec cela au dernier jury pour décider qui gagnerait l'événement d'inaugral. Le favorites inclut Norvège, Pologne, Belgique comme ils ont été choisis le plus des membres que la tendance dit produit 12 points. Devrait exciter !

VOTING (http://escnation.com/scorewiz/show.html?id=32090)

Hayato
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:34 AM
Disappointing finish for Turkey after a great start. Still, 7th is alright. :)

Could have predicted the winner. :lol: Thanks Steven & for everyone who voted for Turkey!

njnetswill
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:59 AM
I want to thank all you Eastern European countries for voting for me. This is why Sweden defended the top 10 Eastern bloc sweep. :p :lol:

Also everyone who gave me points. :hug:

I am very happy for 4th. :)

Hachiko
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:17 AM
Wow, I'm actually surprised I won! I thought the fact that it was a song that had already won would've influenced people to vote for others. But it's my favourite, so, that's why I stuck with it.

Thanks to all the people who voted for Ruslana! Especially the UK and Turkey. :yeah: Guess this means I won both of the WTAworld song contests this year.

Thanks Steven! Great job running this contest once again. :hug:

njnetswill
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
Following this trend, the next winner will be Helena Paparizou. :o Then Lordi next. :haha:

kittyking
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM
Yay well done, I thought Norway would win

Biggest surprise was that Poland came second!!! Also I thought United Kingdom would be in the top 3.

Surprised that Cyprus got 7 points - Elske and James are the two people that voted for it, they seriously have no taste in music. I confess its a retarded song - but guess what I made you all listen to it!!! :lol:

Looks forward to the bad reps :p

CooCooCachoo
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:41 AM
Thank you Norway for the 12 points :worship:

Thank you Serbia for the 10 points :bowdown:

:ras: at Cyprus

Third place is really surprisingly good for me :lol: Glad you liked Jonatan Cerrada :D

The winner is really boring :shrug: For next editions, winning songs should not be allowed IMO. If I had picked Waterloo, I might have stood a chance ;)

CooCooCachoo
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks Steven :hug:

Yasmine
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Wow, I'm actually surprised I won! I thought the fact that it was a song that had already won would've influenced people to vote for others. But it's my favourite, so, that's why I stuck with it.

Thanks to all the people who voted for Ruslana! Especially the UK and Turkey. :yeah: Guess this means I won both of the WTAworld song contests this year.

Thanks Steven! Great job running this contest once again. :hug:
:worship: well done!:bounce:

And thanks Steven for running it !:kiss: :bowdown:

Jakub
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:01 AM
first of all big thanks to Steven for running this game :)

my thanks to all who voted for Ukraine and Tajci-Hajde da Ludujemo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTH0F1rf1w)
6th position in a good position ... much much higher then I expected
3 times 12 points :) thanks JustDoIt, St.Sebastian and of course matthias - didn't expect your 12 points at all :)
8 points came from Slovenia and Cyprus - thanks i.Like.Tennis and kittyking

big congrats to the winner :D ... just have to add that Ruslana was also my 1st choice sent to Steven :)

:wavey:

James
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yay well done, I thought Norway would win

Biggest surprise was that Poland came second!!! Also I thought United Kingdom would be in the top 3.

Surprised that Cyprus got 7 points - Elske and James are the two people that voted for it, they seriously have no taste in music. I confess its a retarded song - but guess what I made you all listen to it!!! :lol:

Looks forward to the bad reps :p

It really is not a bad song. Taste in music is personal regardless. :p

Expected winner, congrats to Kaiusa. Not my favourite, but it is the majority that counts.

Big thanks to Steven for running another fine edition. :yeah: :hug:

Bolero
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks to Steven for hosting a great WTAWorld Eurovision Song Contest. Also thanks to everybody who voted for my song. ;) Special thanks go to St. Sebastian for introducing me to Natasha St Pierre. I think she's a great singer, love some of her songs like 'un ange frappe a ma porte' and 'encontrarás'.

Philip
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Well done Norway :D UK is pleased with 5th position, and happy the nation that we gave 12 points to won :D

Thanks Cyprus for their 12 points :p

Just Do It
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Norway :yeah:

Poland, huh ?

Anyway, Ukraine or Italy shoud have won :)

Cyprus dead last :rolls: ( Thanks Kitty for giving me 10pts, though :lol: )

P.S Slovenia not giving points to Serbia, OUTRAGEOUS !! :lol:

St.Sebastian
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Special thanks to Yasmine, Ceze and Elske for 12 points. :yeah: :bigwave:

Slovenia, Sweden, Serbia, Cyprus :armed: :armed: :armed: Null points????? :confused:

Winning songs should be banned from now on ;)

kittyking
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
It really is not a bad song. Taste in music is personal regardless. :p

Expected winner, congrats to Kaiusa. Not my favourite, but it is the majority that counts.

Big thanks to Steven for running another fine edition. :yeah: :hug:

James the song's the worst one I could find off youtube :lol: :o

kittyking
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:32 AM
first of all big thanks to Steven for running this game :)

my thanks to all who voted for Ukraine and Tajci-Hajde da Ludujemo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTH0F1rf1w)
6th position in a good position ... much much higher then I expected
3 times 12 points :) thanks JustDoIt, St.Sebastian and of course matthias - didn't expect your 12 points at all :)
8 points came from Slovenia and Cyprus - thanks i.Like.Tennis and kittyking

big congrats to the winner :D ... just have to add that Ruslana was also my 1st choice sent to Steven :)

:wavey:

Your song was awesome, when I first when through there were four tied for first place

Hachiko
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks everyone! About the next editions, I don't think it matters all that much if a winning song is selected or not. I mean if someone doesn't wanna vote for a song because it's a favourite to win, then that's fine. One voter alone can influence the outcome of the competition.

njnetswill
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:24 AM
Special thanks to Yasmine, Ceze and Elske for 12 points. :yeah: :bigwave:

Slovenia, Sweden, Serbia, Cyprus :armed: :armed: :armed: Null points????? :confused:

Winning songs should be banned from now on ;)

Sorry, :sad: .

I checked out a few songs from last year's WTAWorld contest, and I have to say thanks to whoever picked "Fiumi Di Parole", it is a great song. :eek: :)

Does anyone have the final results from last year? The scoring isn't working for me.

James
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
James the song's the worst one I could find off youtube :lol: :o

That's all a matter of taste. :p

kittyking
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
That's all a matter of taste. :p

Here are the words just for you then

Je te vois tout en haut des tours dans les buildings de Singapour
Sous un peu de pluie à Cherbourg, dans les jardins du Luxembourg, loin toujours
Un vol d'oiseaux sur Manhattan revient me dire que tu t'éloignes
Je dessine notre amour au fil de tes absences
Et c'est comme un été qui commence
Quand je te rêve, y a plus d'heure, plus de distance
Rien n'a plus d'importance, j'oublie tous mes états d'urgence
Quand je te rêve, tu me prends, tu me soulèves
Un sourire sur tes lèvres et j'ai peur du jour qui se lève
Quand je te rêve, quand je te rêve
Tu m'attends sur le banc d'un square
dans toutes les salles des aérogares
Je te croise au fond des regards derrière les glaces bleues des miroirs
Je devine ton visage dans toutes les transparences
Des voyages que je fais en silence
Quand je te rêve, y a plus d'heure, plus de distance
Rien n'a plus d'importance, j'oublie tous mes états d'urgence
Quand je te rêve, c'est comme un vent qui m'enlève
Qui me donne la fièvre, viens avant que la nuit s'achève
Viens dans mon rêve, viens dans mon rêve
Viens dans mon rêve, viens dans mon rêve
Viens dans mon rêve, dans mon rêve, dans mon rêve
Viens dans mon rêve
Oh... viens dans mon rêve
God Bless kittyking!
(I added that bit, it made it 1000 times more entertaining)

Jakub
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Your song was awesome, when I first when through there were four tied for first place

i rechecked my list and just to let you know, that i did what you wanted :) and i have placed Cyprus LAST :p

kittyking
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
i rechecked my list and just to let you know, that i did what you wanted :) and i have placed Cyprus LAST :p

Sorry for giving you a headache :p

Just Do It
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
In ESC 2004 was amazing, every song was great :yeah:

Keaka
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Norway :yeah:

Poland, huh ?

Anyway, Ukraine or Italy shoud have won :)

Cyprus dead last :rolls: ( Thanks Kitty for giving me 10pts, though :lol: )

P.S Slovenia not giving points to Serbia, OUTRAGEOUS !! :lol:

Sorry, I had to make an exception :D

St.Sebastian
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
In ESC 2004 was amazing, every song was great :yeah:
1997 was the best by far ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
79 was my fav

kittyking
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:29 AM
I really liked the ones from this year actually :) - although that could be because some of the ones last year were so bad!!!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
I suggest people just look up songs from the past so you don't have the excuse of saying oh i only know songs from 03 etc.. some great classics that arent winning songs

njnetswill
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:56 AM
I suggest people just look up songs from the past so you don't have the excuse of saying oh i only know songs from 03 etc.. some great classics that arent winning songs

I found a torrent of every ESC song ever peformed. :tape: :lol:

Most of the earlier stuff is really boring though.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:12 AM
go to youtube and search the videos....

kittyking
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:29 AM
I think this should be done twice a year

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
I found a torrent of every ESC song ever peformed. :tape: :lol:

Most of the earlier stuff is really boring though.

Yeah, I d/l-ed that one :spit: