Oct 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
Oh my.

Harvs
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
u cant say that n then not link it lol

James
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:40 AM
is this true she has converted to lesbianism

You convert to a religion or something. You are lesbian or not. It isn't a random lifestyle choice.

Shepster
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:12 PM
You convert to a religion or something. You are lesbian or not. It isn't a random lifestyle choice.
Tell that to Anne Heche... :D

Ilikebigboobies
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:25 PM
Oh wow.

I have a chance with her now. :banana:

James
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM

There is always the exception to the rule. :p

Martian KC
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:03 PM
I hope she converts back!

Mattographer
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:12 PM
"converted" :haha:

You're obviously straight and don't know what is it like to being gay :p

georgekuo1017
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:32 PM
converted :haha:

Natalicious
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
:spit:

petkoan
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM
unfortunately she sucks as a player...the personal things doesn't bother me..

matty
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM
I thought she was dating her coach?

Viktymise
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah she's been converted to the gay persuasion! :lol:

NeeemZ
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.myspace.com/harkleroad24

NeeemZ
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Profile hasn't been updated since August 27 of this year. Dunno what this has to do with anything.....

It's probably random like most people's profile data. Do you actually believe that most people have an income of over $250,000 who are between 15-17 years old? But I haven't seen many people's profiles who don't have their correct orientation. :help:

tennisfan5
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:22 PM
i see "tim henman" has posted there too:D

leeber
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:30 PM
there isnt a link? :)

roarke
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:37 PM

Yes it is for some people.

A few were born gay. Not everyone who professes to be gay was born gay. Some because of sexual abuse assume the gay identity and for other it is just a simple choice.....

Lulu.
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:00 PM
That might not even be her. There are so many fake myspaces out there.

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:01 PM

A few were born gay. Not everyone who professes to be gay was born gay. Some because of sexual abuse assume the gay identity and for other it is just a simple choice.....

That's a lot of crap - (and I'm straight).

James
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:04 PM

People can find out later in life, but you are gay or you are not. If it were a matter of choice, things might be different for a lot of people.

Natash.
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:06 PM
I thought she was dating her coach, Chuck Adams. :lol:

Petkorazzi
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:27 PM
:rolls: In her Friends list, 1st is Vania, and in Vania's friend's list there are Tati and JJ :haha:

LefandePatty
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:40 PM
What !? :sad:

hablo
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM

I second this post.

roarke
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:50 PM

Saying it is crap does not make it so. NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE GAY WERE BORN THAT GAY.

griffin
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Saying it is crap does not make it so.

You're right. Because really, it's study after scientific study that makes your statement crap, not someone on this board just saying it ;)

Apparently, Ashley is now an atheist, too :lol:

Aaron.
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Hopefully she changes to being bi

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Saying it is crap does not make it so. NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE GAY WERE BORN THAT GAY.

Perhaps not everyone who "says" they are gay was actually born gay.

But everyone who actually IS gay was BORN THAT WAY. And that is a fact.

roarke
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:05 PM
You're right. Because really, it's study after scientific study that makes your statement crap, not someone on this board just saying it ;)

Apparently, Ashley is now an atheist, too :lol:

Interpreting the studies for you own agenda maybe. It is easy to cling to a study and say..see this proves wahth I believe.. None of the studies definitely say people are born gay. They all conclude that there is the possibility that there may difference in the brain that MAY give credence to the possibility that SOME people are born gay.

Frankly I don't really care if you or she is gay or any other person is gay.....

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM

Maybe not. But everyone who actually IS gay was BORN that way. And that is a fact that will some day soon be universally accepted as such.

Aaron.
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:07 PM
I just love how gay people think youre born gay :tape:

Mina Vagante
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:08 PM
:lol: :D

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:15 PM

I'm not gay - but I'm not ignorant either.

micah63
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:15 PM
is this true she has converted to lesbianism

She is pretending.
Trying to widen her fan base ...

Shepster
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:18 PM
She is pretending.
Trying to widen her fan base ...
Oh she's definitely trying to widen something... ;)

petkoan
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:19 PM
hhaha..... what a gay discussion :D :D

sonnys
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:19 PM
ok

micah63
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Perhaps not everyone who "says" they are gay was actually born gay.

No, life can make you gay (eg. to much reading WTAWorld .... ).

CooCooCachoo
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:26 PM
:spit:

She got rid of Bogomolov Jr. for a reason, then ;)

Tennisation
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe not. But everyone who actually IS gay was BORN that way. And that is a fact that will some day soon be universally accepted as such.ignorant at best:rolleyes:

Aaron.
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
ignorant at best:rolleyes:
:lol:

griffin
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Interpreting the studies for you own agenda maybe.

Silly me, I should follow your example and pull things out of thing air and my own assumptions.

Wonder if this is the same person who was running around Wikipedia posting "_____ is among the growing number of out and proud WTA players" on every WTA profile they could get their hands on.

Martian Willow
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Homosexuality was invented in Hungary in 1869.

Martian Willow
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:39 PM
Homosexuality was invented in Hungary in 1869.

Appropriately. :)

Derek.
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a fake myspace.

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:44 PM
No, life can make you gay (eg. to much reading WTAWorld .... ).

Life may make you happy you are gay or it may make you wish you weren't gay but it does NOT "make" you gay.

James
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM

So what would be your take on things?

Aaron.
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:53 PM
So what would be your take on things? Not everyone is born gay.

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:55 PM
Not everyone is born gay.

Can't argue with that.

James
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:55 PM
Not everyone is born gay.

So in your opinion some are and some are not, if I may summarize it.

LoveFifteen
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:00 PM
Being gay is definitely a choice!

I remember the day I chose to be homosexual. It was April 23, 1997. I was sitting in the living room thumbing through a coffe table book, perfectly content with my heterosexual desires. Sex with men seemed repulsive and unnatural to me, not to mention sinful and unbiblical. I don't know why, but I suddenly decided that I wanted to become attracted to men even though I was sexually attracted to women. I thought it would awesome to become a second-class citizen and a social anathema. The thought of being rejected by my family and ostracized by my friends intrigued me. Maybe my choice was a bit capricious, but I decided to stick to my guns. I'm sure that all the straight people in this thread have had a very similiar experience, where they genuinely pondered what sexual desires they would choose to feel, weighing the pros and cons of each, then deciding to be straight. Right? That's how it works, right?

James
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Being gay is definitely a choice!

I remember the day I chose to be homosexual. It was April 23, 1997. I was sitting in the living room thumbing through a coffe table book, perfectly content with my heterosexual desires. Sex with men seemed repulsive and unnatural to me, not to mention sinful and unbiblical. I don't know why, but I suddenly decided that I wanted to become attracted to men even though I was sexually attracted to women. I thought it would awesome to become a second-class citizen and a social anathema. The thought of being rejected by my family and ostracized by my friends intrigued me. Maybe my choice was a bit capricious, but I decided to stick to my guns. I'm sure that all the straight people in this thread have had a very similiar experience, where they genuinely pondered what sexual desires they would choose to feel, weighing the pros and cons of each, then deciding to be straight. Right? That's how it works, right?

:haha: Who could ever resist the thrill of the outcast existence, when asked which path to take on the crossroads of life.

Tennisation
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:10 PM
Not everyone who is gay is born gay. It's a mutifactorial event that involves both nature and nurture which could mean chemical imbalances and environmental factor respectively. I am a testament of someone who grew up straight & turned gay. Up to middle school, I was attracted to girls, and I can't explain how but one day I was attracted to guys. During that time, we were too ignorant to even care that all of a sudden we like the same sex. How many of us really thought about the consequences of societal perception and pressure from families & friends to follow what the majority of the world percieve as a normal life? We were what? 13, 14? We were too young to have sex, too young to get married. We didn't care who we were attracted to, and then we go into a stage of fear & confusion as we mature, that's why it takes a lot longer for some people to come out. Fear of acceptance, and confusion NOT because we were confused about our sexual identity, but confused about whether we should be pressurized into getting married & living a "normal" life, or follow our own hearts & penis.

Viktymise
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Not everyone who is gay is born gay. It's a mutifactorial event that involves both nature and nurture which could mean chemical imbalances and environmental factor respectively. I am a testament of someone who grew up straight & turned gay. Up to middle school, I was attracted to girls, and I can't explain how but one day I was attracted to guys. During that time, we were too ignorant to even care that all of a sudden we like the same sex. How many of us really thought about the consequences of societal perception and pressure from families & friends to follow what the majority of the world percieve as a normal life? We were what? 13, 14? We were too young to have sex, too young to get married. We didn't care who we were attracted to, and then we go into a stage of fear & confusion as we mature, that's why it takes a lot longer for some people to come out. Fear of acceptance, and confusion NOT because we were confused about our sexual identity, but confused about whether we should be pressurized into getting married & living a "normal" life, or follow our own hearts & penis.

Im sorry but after the 2nd sentence i just couldn't stop laughing :lol:

saint2
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Its propably fake...I've heard and readed few interwievs with Ashley in wich she told she has a boyfriend ;)

miffedmax
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Gay or straight, during adolescence when those hormones start flowing lots of us are attracted to anything with what appears to be a viable hole, or protrusion, depending.

I think that's why a lot of gay people experiment with straight sex and a lot of straight people experment with gay sex. My brother went through a phases of being into girls and actually dated more than I did.

Sexual identity takes a while to form, but I don't think environment has much to do with it. Maybe some, but not much. The body of evidence from studies and the overwhelming consensus of the gay people on this board that it is biological.

(love15, man, I think you stole that rant from my brother.

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Oh she's definitely trying to widen something... ;)

:eek:

oh no u didn't

---

well this thread is not becoming about ashley anymore....

LoveFifteen
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:38 PM
I think that's why a lot of gay people experiment with straight sex and a lot of straight people experment with gay sex. My brother went through a phases of being into girls and actually dated more than I did.

Sexual identity takes a while to form, but I don't think environment has much to do with it. Maybe some, but not much. The body of evidence from studies and the overwhelming consensus of the gay people on this board that it is biological.

Rational, well-written wisdom as usual from miffedmax. :worship:

================================================== ===========

I am not sexually attracted to women, but I've sometimes wondered what snatch tastes like. I think I'd like to go down on a girl once before I die. Doing that does not mean that I would be "choosing to be heterosexual". Being gay isn't about the kind of sex you have. Some straight & gay people don't even want sex. Being gay is about what person do you want to grow old with. What person can you fall in love with.

If you get people drunk and horny enough when they're teens, they'll do a lot of experimentation. But who does that person want to grow old with and make a life with and fall in love with? That's what defines gay/straight for me.

GoDominique
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:46 PM
It is?

I wonder how you can be so sure about that. I mean, do you remember what your sexual orientation was like at the age of, say, 6 months? Thought so. And no one else does. So how you could your ever prove that statement?

Also, I do not understand why so many people insist on the "born that way" concept as if it is so great. The idea of a prenatal gay check (with optional abortion if test is positive) is not that compelling to me.

In the end it doesn't matter at all. You do not turn from straight into gay, and being gay is no choice, so who cares when it was 'decided' that you are gay/straight/whatever.

Go Ash!

Sexysova
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:47 PM
:lol:

rutty16
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:56 PM
No One Is Born Gay. It Is A Definitely A Choice That Each Individual Person Chooses. Some Gay People Just Like To Say That They Were Born That Way So More People Feel Sorry For Them.

LoveFifteen
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:10 PM
No One Is Born Gay. It Is A Definitely A Choice That Each Individual Person Chooses. Some Gay People Just Like To Say That They Were Born That Way So More People Feel Sorry For Them.

Are people born straight or is that a choice, too?

Helen Lawson
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:58 PM
You know, just when I plan to take a long-term hiatus from WTAWORLD, a thread like this comes up. Hilarious on so many levels.
First, there are LOADS of celebrities who have been impersonated on MySpace. The whole cast and crew of the Howard Stern show has repeatedly stated none has a MySpace account, yet if you go on there, they look real. So, it's doubtful this is really her.
Second, given the fact that she was married like a couple of years ago to a guy would indicate to me she's probably not a lesbian. Not saying it can't be so, but it's unlikely. The fact someone (likely) went to all that trouble to impersonate her there and then puts that she's a lesbian, to me, is hilarious and wickedly funny. Hats off from Helen. It is a beautiful job and Helen-worthy.
The "conversion" thing, to me, is not offensive, who cares, it's just words. Also, given she was married to a guy, how can she complain?

Plus, it's common knowledge that men are born gay whereas women turn into lesbians due to either being unattractive and unable to land men, or due to being burned by too many men in past relationships and they don't want to get hurt again so they turn to women.

Randy H
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM

Accepting the person that you are, and being honest enough to be that person, openly and with pride every day is what your choice is :) I have nothing to be ashamed of, I am very happy with who I am and stating that I am who I am was not a conscious decision, is not because I need anyone to feel sorry for me. It's because it's a fact, and I hope to assist people like yourself to open your mind to understand other people around you by letting go of your prejudices. :)

Kart
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:08 PM
Plus, it's common knowledge that men are born gay whereas women turn into lesbians due to either being unattractive and unable to land men, or due to being burned by too many men in past relationships and they don't want to get hurt again so they turn to women.

:rolls:

You must never take a hiatus from WTAworld !

mckyle.
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
It amazes me that straight people think they know more about being gay than a gay person does :lol: How in the world would you ever know that a gay person chose to be gay? Have you really been in a gay person's mind? Have you felt the emotions a gay person has felt? How does a five year old boy choose to like other boys? I've always known I was different. I never had to decide to like boys. It was just how it was. People need to let go of their insecurities and their fake gods and just come to terms with the fact that people are born gay.

miffedmax
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:38 PM

Helen, it's also well known women are turned gay by playing sports. Just as playing sports, especially manly ones like football, keeps boys from becoming gay.

That's why all women athletes are lesbians, and no male sports stars are gay.

If Harkleroad had only taken up ballet or cheerleading, she'd still be playing for the home team. Or more properly, demurely cheering for the home team from the sidelines.

Helen Lawson
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:43 PM
Helen, it's also well known women are turned gay by playing sports. Just as playing sports, especially manly ones like football, keeps boys from becoming gay.

That's why all women athletes are lesbians, and no male sports stars are gay.

If Harkleroad had only taken up ballet or cheerleading, she'd still be playing for the home team. Or more properly, demurely cheering for the home team from the sidelines.

If she meets the right guy, he can turn her straight again. It may have been the predatory lesbians in the lockerrooms who contributed to her downfall as well as playing sports.

ico4498
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:58 PM

or Sheryl Swoopes ...

IceSkaTennisFan
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:03 PM
did you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex? :wavey:

I'm gay and I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how sexual orientation comes about, but I certainly know that it's not a conscious choice.

CondiLicious
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:08 AM
It may have been the predatory lesbians in the lockerrooms who contributed to her downfall as well as playing sports.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: She needed a mom like Stevenson's mom.

The MySpace is an obvious fake. I'm gonna go make one now for my beloved Celine and make her a swinger.

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a fake myspace.

You are a fucking genius Derek!!!111 :worship:
Harvard Law School is still on the cards for you. :D

Sally Struthers
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:51 AM
ok whatever... which one of you degenerates hacked or set up that page? :lol:

mckyle.
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:13 AM
You are a fucking genius Derek!!!111 :worship:
Harvard Law School is still on the cards for you. :D

:worship: Thank you for brightening my really bad day :haha:

tilliii
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:23 AM
oh wow. she was actually my girl crush once! O.o

Pheobo
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:37 AM
even if it was true i really wouldn't blame her considering that thing that she last married.

Kunal
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:44 AM
thatd be interesting

Helen Lawson
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:55 PM
I DARE, I mean DARE, someone to do a fake one for a top player, like Venus, Serena, Justine, Maria, or someone like them. And it has to be down-to-the-details perfect in every way, except for the lesbian reference. Whoever did this one on Ashley Harkelroad was inspired, a true genius, because it looks pretty real. Now that would be totally hilarious.

OTOH, if it's really her, I guess that would explain the swift demise of her brief marriage.

Pasta-Na
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
know y she always lose to beautiful players :angel: :p

NeeemZ
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
know y she always lose to beautiful players :angel: :p

:lol: :lol:

Aaron.
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the bad reps :haha:

All gay people are not born gay.

Being Gay/Bi is sometimes a choice

And people say im ignorant but WTAworld is full of wannabeknowitalls

James
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the bad reps :haha:

All gay people are not born gay.

And people say im ignorant but WTAworld is full of wannabeknowitalls

So in what cases is it a choice?

Aaron.
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
So in what cases is it a choice? LoveFifteen :p

James
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:08 PM
LoveFifteen :p

And beyond that example?

ToeTag
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:44 PM

Anne is the poster girl for untreated mental illness. Remember Celeste-- her alter ego. Anne was never gay in the first place.

Ashley's myspace was probably made up by some teenage dyke who wishes she were a lesbian. She probably thinks/wishes Maria Sharapova is gay too. :help:

Helen Lawson
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:20 PM
Anne is the poster girl for untreated mental illness. Remember Celeste-- her alter ego. Anne was never gay in the first place.

Ashley's myspace was probably made up by some teenage dyke who wishes she were a lesbian. She probably thinks/wishes Maria Sharapova is gay too. :help:

Celestia, dear, Celestia! Don't step on my past lives! ;)

I think Anne Heche really broke Ellen's heart, too, it's a shame. I still don't think Ellen is over it, I can tell by watching her. OTOH, it would take a lot to go to bed with Ellen if you weren't really gay. I mean, that girl must have bee whacked out of her mind.

miffedmax
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:43 PM
I agree. Banging (or whatever) Ellen is proof that you're a nut, not that you're a lesbian.

Pureracket
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
:haha: @ homosexuality being a choice.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:53 AM
I agree. Banging (or whatever) Ellen is proof that you're a nut, not that you're a lesbian.

Portia De Rossi is far from a nut...allot of women and men of all colors and creeds look up to Ellen and Portiafo being who they are WITHOUT LIMITS :hearts:

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
After being with Alex Bog, I think every woman would turn gay :tape: ;)

kabuki
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM

:ignorant:

You can choose your behavior, not your orientation.

gotthebend
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Fake accounts are prevalent on Myspace anyway.

Many people claiming to be straight are not straight either, especially politicians.:devil:

samn
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Really? So the Alex she was married to was Stevenson, not Bogomolov?

fOxYLiCiOuS
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Who Cares? :shrug: