PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, BUY Britney's New Album

Forever More
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:04 AM
After all she has been through, the least she deserves is a #1 album to continue her run of 5 straight number one albums. Even if you have already illegally downloaded it, please purchase it from iTunes or from the store someway, somehow.

That is all. :angel: :kiss:

abercrombieguy23
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:16 AM
on the contrary....after all she has been through...she has shown she does not deserve to have a #1 album...

ill buy Carrie Underwood's instead

besides...why doesn't she focus on getting her kids back...

she just lost another chance to get custody today

shes a tool

sfselesfan
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:24 AM
I would if it was worth my money. It's over-hyped crap that sounds good for about 15 seconds per song then degrades quickly.

SF

xr6turbo
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:58 AM
I don't find it too bad actually. I was expecting a lot worse, i had a listen the other day and are some good tracks on there :) kthxbye.

Xanadu11
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:55 AM
The whole album is so over produced, her voice is almost just included as an after-thought. It's ok but it definetly doesn't establish her as the queen of pop again.

It's probably a good thing if her album flops maybe it will stop her dellusions of grandeur and force her to get her life back together.

woosey
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:59 AM
britney does not need my money.

but she does need to get custody of her children which my money will not help her to.

you know things are effed when a judge believes it's favorable to have the children with kevin federline rather than her.

Jeff
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:23 AM
Yeah she definitely needs to focus on getting her crap together. I do surprisingly like the cd, though.

Beat
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:16 AM
After all she has been through, the least she deserves is a #1 album
you mean i shouldspend money on a record i'm not interested in because the singer of said record has lived through the pop cliché of the "fallen princess"? hmmmm…

Dawn Marie
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:56 AM
Why would I give an addict my money to smoke,snort and shoot up? I never liked her music because she can't sing.

Max565
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:40 AM
I love Britney! I'll buy it ;) :) She has plenty of loyal fans over the years to support her and her music and there are reports saying that this album will reach No.1.

CondiLicious
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Yes, everyone buy her album so that she thinks it's just fine to live her live the way she is. I don't think so. I've bought all her other CDs but not this one. And it's crap anyway.

Buy Carrie.

Rocketta
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah I'm going to run out and do just that. :bolt:

:haha:

Philbo
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
Why would I give an addict my money to smoke,snort and shoot up? I never liked her music because she can't sing.

I agree with Dawn - 'everything she's been through' has all been her own fault and her own creation...

Willam
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:55 PM
well, i was in love with britney spears when i was 11, now im 16 :) and i realized she CANT sing, she just speaks, after all she has been thru, she must recover her life, and after that, maybe, we can buy her albums, if they worth it.. in the other hand.. CARRIE! :hearts:

Martian KC
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:08 PM
Everyone just d/l illegally. Make her suffer.

Viktymise
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:16 PM
Yes, everyone buy her album so that she thinks it's just fine to live her live the way she is. I don't think so. I've bought all her other CDs but not this one. And it's crap anyway.

Buy Carrie.

Yeah because Carrie Underwood's CD will be the edgiest thing of 2007 :tape: and anyway im sure losing her kids has showed her she needs to change her ways

harloo
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:31 PM
I would if it was worth my money. It's over-hyped crap that sounds good for about 15 seconds per song then degrades quickly.

SF

Didn't you comment that her album was good in the Blackout thread? You flip flop more than John Kerry.:lol:

harloo
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM
I haven't even listened to Britney's album because she can't sing to me. I've seen it available for download but it doesn't interest me. Also I suggest purchasing Chrisette Michelle, she needs your money more than Britney.:(

Harju.
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:41 PM
I don't think someone's personal life should dictate whether or not you buy a CD. If it's music you enjoy, then go for it. If you don't buy a CD because you don't support the singer's lifestyle, then you'd be missing out on a lot of potentially good music.

Her personal life has nothing to do with the material she's putting out and it shouldn't matter. If that was the case, no one should be buying Amy Winehouse's album.

Britney hasn't let her personal life damage her as an artist. This is the first studio album in 4 years. Before this she wasn't working. And yet this album is being called her best one yet by the critics.

No doubt, she is having a rough time sorting out her life right now. A lot of legendary, respected artists let their life spiral out of control, way worse than Britney. But they didn't have paps follow them around 24/7 documenting every single mistake they made. I don't condone what Britney has done nor am I making excuses for her behavior, but I think we need to keep in mind that she is just human. When you get so much fame, so fast, at such an early age, you are going to face obstacles. Especially when you don't have a good support system around you to keep you on track.

In terms of this CD, while it may not be your cup of tea, but, IMHO, the production of the album is really cutting-edge.

xr6turbo
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
I don't think someone's personal life should dictate whether or not you buy a CD. If it's music you enjoy, then go for it. If you don't buy a CD because you don't support the singer's lifestyle, then you'd be missing out on a lot of potentially good music.

Her personal life has nothing to do with the material she's putting out and it shouldn't matter. If that was the case, no one should be buying Amy Winehouse's album.

Britney hasn't let her personal life damage her as an artist. This is the first studio album in 4 years. Before this she wasn't working. And yet this album is being called her best one yet by the critics.

No doubt, she is having a rough time sorting out her life right now. A lot of legendary, respected artists let their life spiral out of control, way worse than Britney. But they didn't have paps follow them around 24/7 documenting every single mistake they made. I don't condone what Britney has done nor am I making excuses for her behavior, but I think we need to keep in mind that she is just human. When you get so much fame, so fast, at such an early age, you are going to face obstacles. Especially when you don't have a good support system around you to keep you on track.

In terms of this CD, while it may not be your cup of tea, but, IMHO, the production of the album is really cutting-edge.
I was just about to say the same thing. If you like her music buy the CD. Otherwise don't :lol:. I don't really agree with the thread creator in saying that everyone should buy it, but the hate in this thread is to be expected, people love to judge others they don't even know personally, but oh well, such is life, it happens everyday.

The album is good, though i guess some people will find it hard to see past the veil of hate they have for Britney, i'm by no means a huge fan of hers, but i can tell you now that the album will go to No.1. Anyway, if you don't like pop music, don't buy it. Kthxbye.

mirzalover
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
I've never bought a Britney album and I not really a fan, and people say she cant sing(true but most artist these days cant sing, neither can kylie or madonna but I bet somebody in her loves one of them.) but she can make some kickass songs and this album is pretty good.

meruvien
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:47 PM
I have to buy several album this month but I can't afford it. So I have to make choices so sorry Britney but I won't buy it because what i've heard of this album sounds just Average (not bad but just average). I'll buy : Celine Dion (her album sounds very good, nearly the best of her career), Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks and Alicia Keys that's all

samsung101
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Will she buy a pair of underwear if she sells a few copies?

Or a new car seat for her kids?

After all she's been through.....what?
After all she's put us through.
Get off of my tv please.
I'd rather see Hillary Clinton tv than
Spears. As much as I detest her, at least
she impacts my life in some way, as much as I
hate to even think of that.

Spears -

She's a drug addict.
She's an alcoholic.
She's a bad mother.
She's a spoiled, wealthy brat.

She should be thankful she's alive,
has two healthy children, and money
in the bank, and do something helpful with
that.

Not like she's helping poor children in
the Blue Ridge Mountains or Mexico or
Africa, or trying to fund a hospital wing.

Spears can probably have a great career ahead of
her, if she gets cleaned up, focuses on her family,
and gives the public a chance away from her.

Overweight pole dancing act should go in the closet.
Broadway, tv shows, Las Vegas, that's her future.
Not MTV with teenagers anymore.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:48 PM
I haven't even listened to Britney's album because she can't sing to me. I've seen it available for download but it doesn't interest me. Also I suggest purchasing Chrisette Michelle, she needs your money more than Britney.:(

oh good lord no. I haven't listened to that album in two months. It was awful to listen to. I dunno why I expected so much from her.

As for Britney, I'm actually suprised her album isn't selling well. Tbh the album isn't that great. It's ok but just not my cup of tea.

Super Dave
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.adrants.com/images/leave_britney_alone.jpg

Leave Britney's album alone! *sob*

Princeza
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:00 PM
So that she'll get my money to buy her booze. Hell no!

Forever More
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:04 PM
I don't think alot of people here understand. When you have that much stress on you, every second of the day, it can cause severe depression & anxiety (burnout), so badly that you completely lose touch with reality and yourself (derealization & depersonalization [research it]). I've been in the same boat as Britney, I went through a burnout a year ago (I'm still recovering from it) due to constant (extreme) stress. I was not the same person. I was doing drugs, going out every night, being promiscuous, living off Red Bulls, never cleaning my room, being mean & irritable, etc. all things that I would never do normally. You can't understand how it is until you've been there, and I see that many of you have never reached that point. It is like a bad little demon is inside of you and you can't shake it off. It completely takes over and you're not yourself anymore. Thats the reason she doesn't care about how she looks, or cares about the custody, or about showing up on time, or about promoting the album. It reaches a point in your life where nothing has any meaning any more, and it's so severe that you just can't explain it.

People are so hard on her. The media blows everything out of proportion anyway. So until you've been through burnout, then don't act like you know what she should have done and should be doing, 'cause you don't.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:08 PM
ok then, when Janet Jackson releases her album next year everyone has to buy that because she has been treated like shit by the media, whilst Justin Timbercrap gets his arse licked by everyone!

Iceland
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:18 PM
:haha: This album is one of the worst things I have ever heard in pop music, it is terribly old-fashioned. Nothing original. Music has evolved in four years and Britney has made a huge step backward in my opinion. It is clear that Britney needs money. No attention has been given to this CD, it is a shame for those little girls who will buy it because it's Brit-Brit.
Anyway I have never liked her music, but still she produced nice hits you could enjoy in a party. But Blackout is completely out, sorry to say it ...

Mon.
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
The record was turned on REALLY loud at the music store today when I walked in, it sounded quite good but I left the store without the record in my hands :p

sfselesfan
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:38 PM
Didn't you comment that her album was good in the Blackout thread? You flip flop more than John Kerry.:lol:

That would be a no. I've never said a positive thing about her album. I said I liked the first 10 seconds of Gimme More, but that the rest was shitty...which is what I've said all along.

Perhaps those who accuse others of flip flopping should check their sources. You...and George W.

SF

TimBo
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:45 PM
I got the album yesterday and I have to say, its actaully a really, really good dance record. I think there are about 4 legit singles on the album that could do well.

Slutiana
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
rubbish. She has no talent. 'All shes been through' is all her fault. I hate it that shes selling albums off the basis of that and not talent or anything. If you want to listen to real women singers then buy a carrie underwood, Jojo or christina album. Im not into singers like them (well, apart from jojo) but they all have so much talent. Its sad that someone without an ounce of talent outsells them.

mckyle.
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:29 PM
When the hell did vocal talent mean anything in music? Look at all of today's artists. Haterz just begging for a reason to hate on Brit.

Randy H
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:35 PM
I've liked a lot of Britney's past music (mostly the singles though), but I have to say that this album feels like a lazy effort and the music a reflection of it. It doesn't have nearly the energy of any of Britney's older songs, and it all just feels very forced. I was quite underwhelmed , and honestly I couldn't even be bothered to download the songs after hearing them :o

I hope she gets her act together for the sake of her kids and her well-being.

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:07 PM
Projected sales are 350-380k and a #1 US debut :)

Black Mamba.
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:54 PM
Get outta here with that crap.

meyerpl
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:17 PM
Today, I withdrew some money from my bank. As I was walking into a store, I removed the cash from the envelope it came in and threw the envelope into a trash can, accidentally leaving a twenty dollar bill in the envelope when I threw it away. Later, when I realized what I'd done, I felt like I had just bought Britney's new album!

skanky~skanketta
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:58 PM
right, she so "deserves" a #1 album. some people talk outta their asses. she flashed her **** to the whole world. twice. she carried her baby, almost dropped him with an alcoholic beverage on the other hand. she joined rehab.

tragedy just befell her and she had nothing to do with it.

please.

i'd rather donate the money to orphaned kids .

Slutiana
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:23 AM
Projected sales are 350-380k and a #1 US debut :)

Joke.

I refuse to download any of her music. Not just because i dislike her but just because i dont like that type of music anyway but apparently its overproduced and the backing do most of the singing... is this true?

harloo
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:01 AM
oh good lord no. I haven't listened to that album in two months. It was awful to listen to. I dunno why I expected so much from her.

As for Britney, I'm actually suprised her album isn't selling well. Tbh the album isn't that great. It's ok but just not my cup of tea.

Well, I highly recommend her music to serious lovers of jazz and soul. Maybe that's not what you're into but to me she's better than most of these artists out today. You have a right to your opinion though.:)

NeeemZ
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:24 AM
I have downloaded the album and it's not bad. It's sorta like Paris Hilton's album. You don't expect a Grammy Award winning album but it's fun and interesting.

mckyle.
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:31 AM
I have downloaded the album and it's not bad. It's sorta like Paris Hilton's album. You don't expect a Grammy Award winning album but it's fun and interesting.

I think it could definitely win Best Dance Album Grammy. In The Zone did and Blackout is so much better.

juki
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:56 AM
I've listened to most songs. and while some are actually pretty good, like Toy Soldier and Radar (event though her voice is synthed soooo much), I would HATE to see this get #1. Her vocals aren't great (ok no one expected them to be), and the music isn't revolutionary it's exactly the trendy style of the moment. It just makes me think that really Britany has no say in her music, her albums are always produced/written in whatever is the popular style. She really doesn't have a true style/artistic genre of her own. Many other artists could have written these songs, and they would never have gotten the attention that she has gotten.

I also think that if the album gets to #1, it will just go to Britany's head. Even with losing custody, and other legal issues it doesn't seem she has changed at all! I'm actually scared for her! She continues to live in her own world, and doesn't realize what is going on around her. She needs something to happen, for her own good, to realize what a mess she has become.

meyerpl
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:13 AM
Great post! Very funny. It's like saying, "Malaria isn't bad. It's sorta like yellow feaver."

Pheobo
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:39 AM
I listened to it and it was awful. just like all of her other albums. and a musician doesn't "deserve" album sales for anything unless it's a good album. her personal life is irrelevant to her career.

mirzalover
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:55 AM
Ok I just found this out. HOW IN THE HELL DOES SHE MAKE OVER 700,000 DOLLARS A MONTH. I understand royalties and whatever but that is just retarded, thats 8.4 million a year on just being who she is. Her kids are going to be loaded when she dies.(Unless she goes bankrupted)

woosey
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:38 AM

agreed. even though i think crisette's cd is a bit uneven. i have it. happy to support her.

woosey
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:42 AM
Ok I just found this out. HOW IN THE HELL DOES SHE MAKE OVER 700,000 DOLLARS A MONTH. I understand royalties and whatever but that is just retarded, thats 8.4 million a year on just being who she is. Her kids are going to be loaded when she dies.(Unless she goes bankrupted)

if her net worth, minus her homes, is like $50 million (it's probably more) and it's invested well - she can make let's say from 5 to 10 percent or more of the interest on her investments...they could easily double every seven years too with compounded interest.

~{X}~
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:11 AM
Much of the reviews for Britney's album have been positive with many calling it the best she's ever done.

I agree, I think there isn't a bad song on the album, they all are upbeat, dance tracks that are good to listen to.

Its also projected like someone said that she will sell around 350,000 copies this week and debut Number 1!!! Woot :D

Ryan
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:34 PM
After all she has been through, the least she deserves is a #1 album to continue her run of 5 straight number one albums. Even if you have already illegally downloaded it, please purchase it from iTunes or from the store someway, somehow.

That is all. :angel: :kiss:

Why should people support a mentally unstable woman whose had her children taken away from her? I support her rehabilitation, but not her "singing" career. If people buy this album its condoning her irresponsible behavior.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
It's unbelievable how insensitive some people are. :o

Painfully unnecessary thread.

Iceland
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM

Well I don't see why she should have people's sympathy as regards her music. People can be sensitive to how the media treat her or on her personal life ... But this hasn't nothing to do with her new album, which is just bad, made in a hurry & not creative.

Anyway I don't like the original idea, I don't see why I should give 20 euros to her just to grant her second chance. I prefer to give it to a beggar if you want my opinion.

Viktymise
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM

Oh well, Britney will have her US No.1 soon and these people can still say its crap all they want, despite all the good reviews its getting.

Harju.
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Oh well, Britney will have her US No.1 soon and these people can still say its crap all they want, despte all the good reviews its getting.
Wait, it's going to debut #1 in 8 countries. :tape:

Harju.
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Well I don't see why she should have people's sympathy as regards her music. People can be sensitive to how the media treat her or on her personal life ... But this hasn't nothing to do with her new album, which is just bad, made in a hurry & not creative.

Anyway I don't like the original idea, I don't see why I should give 20 euros to her just to grant her second chance. I prefer to give it to a beggar if you want my opinion.
You can give to the beggars if you'd like :wavey: Brit doesn't need the money. She still earns US$700K per month and for this album alone, Jive is paying her US$4 million.

Viktymise
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:36 PM
Wait, it's going to debut #1 in 8 countries. :tape:

I know but US is the big one :p, 300,000 copies by weeks end reportedly.

ce
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
i would if the album ever comes here in serbia

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM

I wasn't referring to the people saying the album was no good. That's just an issue of personal taste.

And with regards to that, I think it's a great album. Critics and actual fans of Britney agree. If you feel otherwise, that's fine. But don't state it as fact, cause it's not, and it's not how everyone feels.

leeber
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
and lend me to rip :D

Ksenia.
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM
Being through, anything is not an excuse for doing bad (IMO) music :)

Save money for miss Alicia Keys's album.