PDA

View Full Version : Racism on Australian Idol

Sam L
Oct 29th, 2007, 12:36 PM
... racism from the judges.

I know most of you guys overseas wouldn't have seen it or might not care. But I thought this was really bad. She's an Australian singer with African background.

Why did they keep harping on about being fake. Where do they get this from? None of the other contestants get those fake accusations. There's a white girl left and she doesn't get those accusations.

Here's the big blow up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_k7FTG3OD8

Mark Holden - the judge in the black jacket - was a real idiot. And on the next verdict night after this performance she was booted off. That idiot when asked for his opinion on her being booted off said, "this message is for my driver, I hope he's getting ready for me to leave " or something. Like he had nothing to say to her or encourage her.

Why single this girl out and call her fake when she wasn't and even if she was why only her and NOT others? There were 3 white guys and 1 white girl left.

I was defending the American public against racism when they didn't vote enough for Hudson, LaToya and Fantasia - I mean that was ridiculous, as if the whole country colludes - but this is prejudice from judges' mouths and actions. It's disgusting.

I won't be watching this show with these judges again. There is Marcia Hines but I was shocked at her reaction too, "I have nothing to say"? WTF? What are you getting paid for, call them out on their prejudice!

rada
Oct 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Racism???? come on sam, i think the judges are right they see the way she acts backstage. To me she plays the little sweet girl thing to much, I'm sure she is nice but come on.

Sam L
Oct 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Racism???? come on sam, i think the judges are right they see the way she acts backstage. To me she plays the little sweet girl thing to much, I'm sure she is nice but come on.

If they called out everyone on that I'd agree. Everyone's a little fake in the public. As if I would - if I were an entertainer - go out and make myself look obnoxious. I would want to appeal to most people. That's only human nature. That's not even for people in the public like Idol. Why call her out on it and why call ONLY her out on it?

One judge said best, "you two haven't liked her for weeks". They're just finding excuses and trying to make themselves look good. They're being fake. They being real would've been, "we don't like you because you're different and you're too exotic". It's obvious that's how they feel.

BTW to everyone, as if this girl isn't good. She gave the best performance of anyone on the show this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C0rSNQgLS8

azza
Oct 29th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Pffff tarasie NEEDED to go shes was so stupid she didnt even sing good more like yelling and her basic conversation would be

Person " Hey how old are you? "
Tarasai "Thankyou"

and she clearly doesnt listen

Direwolf
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:08 PM
there was a singing competition in our country..
it was between this girl and this guy.
this girl has a great big voice..
and this guy sings like a singer in our country...

even though the girl was better
the guy won...
both are from the same race.

the judges have their favourites
everyone has their own fave...

she has nothing special
anyway...

rada
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Pffff tarasie NEEDED to go shes was so stupid she didnt even sing good more like yelling and her basic conversation would be

Person " Hey how old are you? "
Tarasai "Thankyou"

and she clearly doesnt listen

ha ha that made me laugh

Medina
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:22 PM
It was sad when she was voted off today. She knew it. When they were doing. "The Idol Who will be leaving us today" She would say under her breath "is me" I felt sorry for her :(

CooCooCachoo
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Calling this racism is totally unfounded :lol:

But the two judges on the left (in the video that is) do seem like true pricks that really dislike her. But that dislike may not be grounded in race.

Halardfan
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM
The racism in such talent shows tends to be more in the public voting than in the judging panels. There is a small but significant element in the voting public, certainly in Britain snd I would imagine in Australia, which votes in a racist manner...

Maybe only 5% of the voters, maybe 10%, but enough to make it harder for non-white contestants. Ive seen it a hundred times on UK shows. So often the judges have to save black contestants again and again.

Sam L
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
The racism in such talent shows tends to be more in the public voting than in the judging panels. There is a small but significant element in the voting public, certainly in Britain snd I would imagine in Australia, which votes in a racist manner...

Maybe only 5% of the voters, maybe 10%, but enough to make it harder for non-white contestants. Ive seen it a hundred times on UK shows. So often the judges have to save black contestants again and again.

I'm less inclined to believe this, maybe because I hope that their voice isn't that strong. Which was my conclusion in the whole American Idol controversy too.

But this double standard from the judges really pissed me off. Why pick on only her when it wasn't even true? They kept picking and picking because they didn't like her and wanted her to leave.

Sam L
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Calling this racism is totally unfounded :lol:

But the two judges on the left (in the video that is) do seem like true pricks that really dislike her. But that dislike may not be grounded in race.

Yes, but you're only seeing one video. We've seen the same thing over like 8 weeks but this just got worse.

Pureracket
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well, Sam, could be right. I'm not sure. I did notice a few things, though:

1. Her voice leaves alot to be desired
2. After each performance, she doesn't do like the American contestants and smile after it. (Maybe that shows she's not fake...lol)
3. I looked @ Another performance by her, and it's called "If I Were Your Woman." Well, the Aussie Idol people call it, "If I Was your Woman," and they credit Alicia Keys for it.
Wrong. Gladys Knight performed the song first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STLDrQr94s

Scotso
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
It doesn't seem racist to me.

One thing is for sure, though, that girl was an absolute shit singer.

Also, this tendency for all shows to have a "mean judge" is getting really old.

Renalicious
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I'm so sad Tarisai got voted outtttt :sad: :sad: :sad:

Renalicious
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I didn't find it racist. I love her, but I don't think this is racism. What is racism was when Mark called Tarisai "Tiramisu" which I thought was quite like...picking fun on someone who doesn't necessarily have the english grammar/vocabulary to speak up for herself.

Renalicious
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I do think the judges (Mark and Dicko) don't understand though, that this ISSS Tarisai. This is HER. She's not faking it. I'm glad Kyle sees the real her. As for Marcia, I don't what she means by "I've got nothing to say" She's so dumb seriously. I've had enough of Marcia. over the past years her critique effectiveness level is a ZERO.

Slutiana
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I don't get that - being nice and polite if you get bad comments isnt being fake - what do they expect her to do? Tell them to f*ck off?

In England, Leona's politeness was one of the things that won her the Xfactor title. Here she gets voted out just for being well spoken and brought up well.

Slutiana
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
The judges on the left were seriously trying to be like simon cowell. Idiots.

Slutiana
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puF2qyB0slM

Here's another examle of the judge just not liking her

CooCooCachoo
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, but you're only seeing one video. We've seen the same thing over like 8 weeks but this just got worse.

Well, for reference, I did check another video and they were positive in that one, but I wasn't going to watch them all, no. :p ;)

eck
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:50 PM
The problem is: she was being fake, in some ways.

They keep asking where was the Tarisai they knew backstage, she always seemed to be a mouse in front on TV, but apparently she was very fiery at the back. Everything the judges say she just puts on a smile and say "thank you"

Even Marcia didn't say anything about her performance last night.

I like Tarisai, but Natalie is slowly becoming the one I'm rooting for.

Even without that outburst, she was easily one of the weakest last night.
Seriously, she can do no justice to The Veronicas.

Renalicious
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:51 PM
The judges on the left were seriously trying to be like simon cowell. Idiots.

No, they never try to be like Simon Cowell. They're all original. But your're right, they're idiots :rolleyes:

Philip
Oct 29th, 2007, 03:58 PM
god... those judges have no charisma... and wheres the atomsphere in the audience??? that show seems dead...

xfactor all the way!! :p

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 29th, 2007, 04:49 PM

They keep asking where was the Tarisai they knew backstage, she always seemed to be a mouse in front on TV, but apparently she was very fiery at the back. Everything the judges say she just puts on a smile and say "thank you"

Even Marcia didn't say anything about her performance last night.

I like Tarisai, but Natalie is slowly becoming the one I'm rooting for.

Even without that outburst, she was easily one of the weakest last night.
Seriously, she can do no justice to The Veronicas.

It's not being fake. She was being fiery to get herself up to perform.
That's how some people who sing are. Once they finish their performance, they have nothing left.

Look at the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick coach for a minute.
Here's a man who is able to fire his team up for every game but has the personality of a fly when it comes to the media after a game.

The media hates that but they can't deny that he's a great coach.
The same goes for Tarisai, people might hate what she does but she's still a good singer.

Would u rather her be a bore backstage and then have to snort coke just to be able to get the crowd into it?
Some artist do it still.

harloo
Oct 29th, 2007, 08:47 PM

Code words for:

"We want you to act ignorant on stage so we can give the public a reason to vote you off because we don't like you." :wavey:

harloo
Oct 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM

I tend to believe that to be the case in the states also. I stopped watching these shows because people were voting on looks, race, and personality instead of solely voting for the best talent. It's really a waste of time in my opinion because the person with the most talent never wins anyways.

Scotso
Oct 29th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I tend to believe that to be the case in the states also. I stopped watching these shows because people were voting on looks, race, and personality instead of solely voting for the best talent. It's really a waste of time in my opinion because the person with the most talent never wins anyways.

So I suppose you're always completely objective?

Of course people vote on things like that. While race isn't a factor for me, looks and personality definitely have a part in my decisions of who I like. That's normal. Don't try to pretend like you're above that, because no one is.

Black people tend to support the black contestants more, also, just as whites tend to support the white contestants. If black people were the majority, black contestants would certainly win more than white ones. That's life. It might not be ideal and PC, but it's what happens. You can either enjoy the shows for what they are, or deny yourself the entertainment. Your choice.

harloo
Oct 29th, 2007, 10:50 PM
So I suppose you're always completely objective?

Of course people vote on things like that. While race isn't a factor for me, looks and personality definitely have a part in my decisions of who I like. That's normal. Don't try to pretend like you're above that, because no one is.

Black people tend to support the black contestants more, also, just as whites tend to support the white contestants. If black people were the majority, black contestants would certainly win more than white ones. That's life. It might not be ideal and PC, but it's what happens. You can either enjoy the shows for what they are, or deny yourself the entertainment. Your choice.

Nobody is completely objective in every instance but when you see a mediocre white singer beat a extremely talented black singer consistently on these type of shows you know race is a determining factor. I'm not sure in this case because I didn't see the other performance of the guy and this girls voice is pretty average. However, in the US Version of AI it's happened a few times.

I would prefer these type of shows to have only audio available online and before the show starts allow people to vote by phone or on the website. I've always voted as to who's the best regardless if I liked a black contestant or not, but that's just me. I don't care to get into looks because I'm not shallow.:)

Beefy
Oct 29th, 2007, 10:52 PM
It's not racist, they were ripping into Marty a few weeks ago, and other white people. In other series there's been whites been called fake, it's not racist

BigB08822
Oct 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
How in the world is it racist? Her acting a complete snob and being "fake" has nothing to do with the color of her skin. She is obviously fake but not because she is black, just because she is fake!!

No Name Face
Oct 29th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Code words for:

"We want you to act ignorant on stage so we can give the public a reason to vote you off because we don't like you." :wavey:

you would see that.

Personally I didn't see the racism.
I saw a bunch of people being pricks and kicking a poor girl when she's down. It happens all the time.

About the American AI, based on what I've seen, there have been a few travesties, but nothing that horrible...the only real injustice was when Jennifer Hudson got kicked off...I mean, to date...in America, we have had like...3 black american idols (I'm counting Jordin Sparks as black)

NeeemZ
Oct 30th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Well, Sam, could be right. I'm not sure. I did notice a few things, though:

1. Her voice leaves alot to be desired
2. After each performance, she doesn't do like the American contestants and smile after it. (Maybe that shows she's not fake...lol)
3. I looked @ Another performance by her, and it's called "If I Were Your Woman." Well, the Aussie Idol people call it, "If I Was your Woman," and they credit Alicia Keys for it.
Wrong. Gladys Knight performed the song first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STLDrQr94s

Tarisai sang Alicia Keys' version of If I Were Your Woman. Alicia Keys' version is also titled 'If I Was Your Woman.

Marcus1979
Oct 30th, 2007, 01:21 AM
didn't they rip into Marty a few weeks ago as a backhanded comment when Ben was voted off I think the quote was along the lines of it was a disapoinment he had to leave since there are some people here who do not care either way.

eck
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:00 AM
It's not being fake. She was being fiery to get herself up to perform.
That's how some people who sing are. Once they finish their performance, they have nothing left.

Look at the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick coach for a minute.
Here's a man who is able to fire his team up for every game but has the personality of a fly when it comes to the media after a game.

The media hates that but they can't deny that he's a great coach.
The same goes for Tarisai, people might hate what she does but she's still a good singer.

Would u rather her be a bore backstage and then have to snort coke just to be able to get the crowd into it?
Some artist do it still.

All I saw from her was a bad rendition of a good song.
She is a good singer, no question. But that night was awful beyond words
I don't expect her to be a bore backstage, I expect her to be more lively on stage.

Marcus1979
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:05 AM
this was what Natalie did the other nite in comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gjD_zrkyU4

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:37 AM
this was what Natalie did the other nite in comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gjD_zrkyU4

She's good but there's a problem.
America doesn't even have room for two big pop female artist who position themselves behind a piano.

What makes you think Australia can do it?

As soon as she leaves Australian Idol, the comparisons to Delta Goodrem will arrive regardless of the extra grit to her voice.

NeeemZ
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:48 AM
didn't they rip into Marty a few weeks ago as a backhanded comment when Ben was voted off I think the quote was along the lines of it was a disapoinment he had to leave since there are some people here who do not care either way.

Dicko said that Marty was the worst contestant on Australian Idol and that he should leave, to which Marty agreed. The following eviction show, Ben left and one of the judges said it was a shame that someone who wanted to be in the competition left, when there are people who clearly do not want to be in the competition, which was a clear shot at Marty.

Marcus1979
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:51 AM
I think it was Marcia who said that :shrug:

akosiirwyn
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:53 AM
there was a singing competition in our country..
it was between this girl and this guy.
this girl has a great big voice..
and this guy sings like a singer in our country...

even though the girl was better
the guy won...
both are from the same race.

the judges have their favourites
everyone has their own fave...

she has nothing special
anyway...

was it aicelle/gerald santos?
anyway; the video was.. interesting, to say the least. she isn't so bad.

NeeemZ
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:58 AM
I think it was Marcia who said that :shrug:

Come to think of it, I think it was Marcia because Marcia was a great supporter of Ben and she did commend him on his willingness to be in the comp even though there were some who weren't as willing.

Marcus1979
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:01 AM
America doesn't even have room for two big pop female artist who position themselves behind a piano.

As soon as she leaves Australian Idol, the comparisons to Delta Goodrem will arrive regardless of the extra grit to her voice.

she does not always use a piano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alb4qr77HXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOX8tj7vMU

NeeemZ
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:03 AM
On a side note, does anyone actually believe that Marty will become Australian Idol? The fact is that he is pretty unpopular among people I know who watched the show and gathering from others, he isn't a favourite but he is still in the competition. He has never been in the bottom two yet is always in the bottom three and always survives.

I'm not a fan of Marty, in fact I don't like his style. But I'm just getting the feeling that he will be another Casey Donovan: Not many vocal supporters, majority of support elsewhere (Anthony Callea, Matt Corby), in bottom 3 alot, etc.

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:03 AM
she does not always use a piano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alb4qr77HXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOX8tj7vMU

Neither does Delta. Neither does Alicia Keys but the stigma is still there.

Marcus1979
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I prefer Natalie, Matt and Carl actually :lol:

Marcus1979
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Neither does Delta. Neither does Alicia Keys but the stigma is still there.

I actually didn't know Delta was well known in the US. I thought it was just here and europe :o

NeeemZ
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I prefer Natalie, Matt and Carl actually :lol:

:lol: Me too. Besides Marty, I don't really mind who wins. If Marty is not in the final, then it'll be the first Grand Final where I actually wouldn't be cut about who wins.

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I actually didn't know Delta was well known in the US. I thought it was just here and europe :o

I'm spreading the word in the US. :wavey:

eck
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:57 AM
I'm spreading the word in the US. :wavey:

Spread The Veronicas too :wavey:

Beefy
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:52 AM

Yeah, that's what I said. But you have to remember, we're on a forum where people think anything to be racist if it's just a person of one colour saying something bad about someone else of another colour, or even what colour a silhouette of a figure is on a toilet door

bionic71
Oct 30th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Far from "racism"...closer to "ratings"

I dont get the point of the criticism though...

Isn't being a pop star all about "faking it" to some degree???
Creating an image to sell a product.
I would argue that the stage persona of most pop acts is very far from the way they behave in every day life.

kittyking
Oct 30th, 2007, 06:48 AM
She never really stood a chance at winning the whole competition anyway :confused:

floriano
Oct 30th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I think the judges were quite harsh, especially considering she is a youthful singer and the 'best voice' (as stated by one of the judges in a previous episode) throughout the entire competition.

I am still unsure whether the silence of Ms Hines amounted to consent or was a sign of protest.

eck
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:19 AM
She never really stood a chance at winning the whole competition anyway :confused:

She was the favourite.
Became second after Matt got his first touchdown. ;)

kittyking
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:40 AM
She was the favourite.
Became second after Matt got his first touchdown. ;)

Maybe we have different taste, from the clips I've seen I've always prefered Natalie and Matt :p

eck
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:56 AM
And they are now favourites number 1 and 2 :P

kittyking
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
And they are now favourites number 1 and 2 :P

Only because I speak for not just my beautiful nation, but for the entire world :)

Worship kittyking, future emperor of the planet :)

Renalicious
Oct 30th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Lmao, trust me Australia does. Missy Higgins is also successful. There's room for 3. Natalie and Delta have different voices and styles. Australia won't compare. They're in two different leagues anyway. We don't even compare Idol contestants to real artist (Im sorry, but that's just the way it is here. No one from Australian Idol has actually cemented him or herself in the music industry, except maybe Ricki-Lee.)

harloo
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM
you would see that.

Personally I didn't see the racism.
I saw a bunch of people being pricks and kicking a poor girl when she's down. It happens all the time.

About the American AI, based on what I've seen, there have been a few travesties, but nothing that horrible...the only real injustice was when Jennifer Hudson got kicked off...I mean, to date...in America, we have had like...3 black american idols (I'm counting Jordin Sparks as black)

Where in this thread did I say this incident involved racism? The post you quoted was simply referring to my interpretation as to why the judges were calling this young woman fake. I believe they expected her to sass them on stage and when that didn't manifest they made her feel like she wasn't authentic. ;)

Also the biggest travesty on the American based idol was all of the three diva's in the bottom three after giving great performances the prior week. I like Jennifer Hudson but if you look at some of her AI footage on Youtube you'll see why she was voted off. Her performances were inconsistent and she had no vocal control unlike Fantasia and Latoya London. I actually felt Latoya was unfairly voted off early because she was better than many of the contestants on the show. And let's not even get started on the fall out when Ruben won AI over Clay. The outrage and elevation of Clay as the "real winner" was proof enough that race is a big factor in these type of shows. :tape:

Sam L
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, that's what I said. But you have to remember, we're on a forum where people think anything to be racist if it's just a person of one colour saying something bad about someone else of another colour, or even what colour a silhouette of a figure is on a toilet door

Not really. I think this because there were double standards here. She was unfairly been judged.

Watch the video again, none of their criticisms were even about the song or her performance. It was about her personality.

There were 4 other contestants and they didn't get judged on their personality alone. Why was that?

This actually reminds me of the Venus/Serena incidents where people just looked at them and decided they were "arrogant" or "fake" and didn't apply those standards to others.

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
yah they seemed to be really unfair to her. those 2 on the right are worse than simon.

No Name Face
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:14 AM
Where in this thread did I say this incident involved racism? The post you quoted was simply referring to my interpretation as to why the judges were calling this young woman fake. I believe they expected her to sass them on stage and when that didn't manifest they made her feel like she wasn't authentic. ;)

oh then that's my fault, i thought you were implying that's what the judges meant.

Also the biggest travesty on the American based idol was all of the three diva's in the bottom three after giving great performances the prior week. I like Jennifer Hudson but if you look at some of her AI footage on Youtube you'll see why she was voted off. Her performances were inconsistent and she had no vocal control unlike Fantasia and Latoya London. I actually felt Latoya was unfairly voted off early because she was better than many of the contestants on the show. And let's not even get started on the fall out when Ruben won AI over Clay. The outrage and elevation of Clay as the "real winner" was proof enough that race is a big factor in these type of shows. :tape:

i didn't follow it too much, but honestly...to me clay was the better singer, but i was glad ruben won. i thought fantasia deserved to win. didn't know about all three of them being in the final three, but i don't know how that's race related, considering a black person won :shrug:. i thought melinda should have won last season. to me, kelly and carrie underwood were deserved.

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:42 AM
Not really. I think this because there were double standards here. She was unfairly been judged.

Watch the video again, none of their criticisms were even about the song or her performance. It was about her personality.

There were 4 other contestants and they didn't get judged on their personality alone. Why was that?

This actually reminds me of the Venus/Serena incidents where people just looked at them and decided they were "arrogant" or "fake" and didn't apply those standards to others.

the 2 judges on the right seemed to want to punish her rather than give her advice. but i guess she just has to learn how to deal with how tough the industry is???? :confused:

Marcus1979
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:47 AM
here is a article in the paper this morning on what she was like behind the scenes.
================================================== =====

FALLEN Australian Idol contestant Tarisai Vushe launched an extraordinary attack on Victorian finalist Natalie Gauci, calling her rude and horrible.

Vushe didn't hold back with Confidential, revealing she had huge disagreements with Gauci.

"She can be nice but she can be horrible," Vushe said.

"I have had to let loose on her a couple of times. I told her off so much, I screamed at her because she was so rude.

"I said, 'Talk to the hand'."

The tension between Vushe and Gauci was obvious when the two were left standing together on Monday night, with Vushe eliminated.

The diminutive singer said she first unloaded on Gauci after Ben McKenzie was eliminated two weeks ago.

"She was absolutely rude to me, and I don't know why she was like that," Vushe said.

Vushe revealed that there was tension behind the scenes between the finalists, and that she had no time for Gauci, Victorian Jacob Butler and Sydneysider Daniel Mifsud.

Sources told Confidential that the Idols and judges Ian Dickson, Marcia Hines and Mark Holden were fed up with Vushe's unpredictable behaviour.

Both Mifsud and McKenzie have made it clear that they didn't have much time for Vushe.

Source (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22677764-10388,00.html)

Marcus1979
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:49 AM
here is another it seems she is burning down all her bridges
================================================== ============================

THERE'S no faking it - Tarasai Vushe is one angry woman, turning her vitriol on Australian Idol judge Marcia Hines yesterday after being booted from the show.

Still simmering from the backstage brawl with Mark Holden - which she claims cost her spot on the show - Vushe explosively told Confidential it was Hines who was "fake" and the latest judge to betray her.

After being challenged by Holden and Dicko for not showing real emotion in her public performances, the 20-year-old said Hines' silence during the live spat on Sunday only added to her tears.

"But she came to talk to me after the show, before the fight with Mark," Vushe explained.

"She comforted me and said, 'I don't think you are faking it, but I kept quiet because I didn't want to enter the argument.

"I believed her when she said that, then I heard she went on radio yesterday (Monday) and said to Dicko, 'I agree with you that she's fake.'

"So who's being fake now?"

The Zimbabwean-born singer said she had relied on Hines for motherly support during the series, but now felt "betrayed".

"She lied to me. She told me to go and talk to Dicko and Holden.

"It was probably just a set up."

Hines declined to comment on Vushe's remarks through an Idol spokeswoman yesterday.

The young diva didn't stop there, attacking her former Idol housemate Daniel Mifsud who revealed Vushe had clashed with other contestants.

"He wanted to play this father figure role and got involved (in her argument with Carl Riseley) when it was none of his business.

"Maybe he doesn't like girls telling him what they think, but he had no right to say the things he did about me," she said.

Source (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22674543-5000660,00.html)

Beefy
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:03 AM

Before she performed, they showed footage of her during the week and she was saying how she was pissed off about someone saying she was fake. We all need to remember, we're only seeing what's shown, the people on the panel and the other Idols see how she is on stage and behind stage. It's simple as that. Damn, people can say I'm fake when here, they might say I'm different in person then what I am here.

Marty has been judged on his personallty in the past, with Dicko saying he shouldn't be there, because he doesn't care

Marcus1979
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:15 AM
Marty has been judged on his personallty in the past, with Dicko saying he shouldn't be there, because he doesn't care

and Maria aluded similar when Ben was voted out

Beefy
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah, Marcia said it clearly and the camera went to Marty. But the judges rip into everyone about personalty, look at Lee a few years ago, Mark ripped into him. There's been others which have said to be fake

eck
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:52 AM
October 31, 2007 12:00am

Article from: Herald Sun

FALLEN Australian Idol contestant Tarisai Vushe launched an extraordinary attack on Victorian finalist Natalie Gauci, calling her rude and horrible.

Vushe didn’t hold back with Confidential, revealing she had huge disagreements with Gauci.“She can be nice but she can be horrible,” Vushe said.

“I have had to let loose on her a couple of times. I told her off so much, I screamed at her because she was so rude.

“I said, ‘Talk to the hand’.”

The tension between Vushe and Gauci was obvious when the two were left standing together on Monday night, with Vushe eliminated.

The diminutive singer said she first unloaded on Gauci after Ben McKenzie was eliminated two weeks ago.

“She was absolutely rude to me, and I don’t know why she was like that,” Vushe said.

Vushe revealed that there was tension behind the scenes between the finalists, and that she had no time for Gauci, Victorian Jacob Butler and Sydneysider Daniel Mifsud.

Sources told Confidential that the Idols and judges Ian Dickson, Marcia Hines and Mark Holden were fed up with Vushe’s unpredictable behaviour.

Both Mifsud and McKenzie have made it clear that they didn’t have much time for Vushe.

-

Tarisai has continued her vendetta against everyone involved in the Idol competition, this time turning to judge Marcia Hines.

The Daily Telegraph are reporting that 20-year-old Tarisai told them that Marcia had come to speak to her before the argument with Mark Holden that was aired on Monday’s elimination show.

“She comforted me and said, ‘I don’t think you are faking it, but I kept quiet because I didn’t want to enter the argument,” she said.

Tarisai then said that she had heard that Marcia went on Dicko’s radio show on Monday and said that she agreed with Mark and Dicko that Tarisai had been faking it.

Daniel Mifsud was next in the firing line, with Tarisai saying “maybe he doesn’t like girls telling him what they think, but he had no right to say the things he did about me,” referring to the comments Mifsud had made after he was booted from the competition last week.

Yesterday, Tarisai told The Courier Mail that she hopes Dicko “cops it” on The Next Great American Band, a reality show he is guest-judging. “I think he will cop it really bad (in the US) and I hope it happens and I look forward to when it does happen … They don’t take nonsense like that. I pray he cops it there because he is too much.”

---

So here's her personality shining through.

hectopascal
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM

I don't know how significant the 'racist' votes are, but there is proof that it doesn't really matter because:
(1) Guy Sebastian won over the 'true blue' Shannon Noll
(2) Casey also won
(3) The Young Divas only have Kate who is white lol

Anyways, I think the 'fake' comments came because Tarisai always said "Thank you" to everyone and it was getting on people's nerves.