PDA

View Full Version : If You Loved Sailor Moon You'll Love

JackWalker
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:35 AM
What?

I need recommendations. Does anyone have any?

I'm specifically looking for Japanese anime. I love Sailor Moon. I started watching it when I was little, and it is only now that I'm in my early 20's, that I purchased the entire series and finished watching it just yesterday. I fell in love with it even more after I started watching it in Japanese with English subtitles. I loved it because it was funny, romantic, and really meaninful. I really felt like I had five best friends. But now that I finished watching the series, I'm really sad because I don't have anything to watch.

I lost my friends!

Direwolf
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Sakura card captors

Direwolf
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:39 AM
and SAKURA's brother is Gay...

cometz9
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:57 AM
InuYasha

hdfb
Oct 28th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Card Captor Sakura (so much shounen-ai hinted ^_^)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Maria Croft
Oct 28th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I still haven't found anything (after many years of looking) that comes close to being as good or better then Sailor Moon I'm afraid.

I show that isn't so similar but has elements and it really good is Avatar, you might wanna watch that.

Erika_Angel
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Wedding Peach, Fruits Basket, Kirarin Revolution, Bleach, Inuyasha ... :shrug:

Harju.
Oct 28th, 2007, 11:11 AM
LOL @ Erika. Wedding Peach :hearts:.

I love Inuyasha. The story line is really good and it never fails to crack me up.
Card Captor Sakura. I love how her friend always design costume for her. Her friend should have a spin off. Like seriously.

Shuji Shuriken
Oct 28th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well it's not really similar to Sailor Moon, but I saw Fate: Stay Night the other day and I found it really entertaining. Unfortunately, I only saw episodes 1-4, and the other downloads aren't available in English. I'm so devastated, cause I really wanted to see how it progresses.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 28th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I was just watching season one DVD of Sailor Moon yesterday. :hearts: I actually taped the English dub off the TV when I was younger. Goodtimes.

I've been into manga more than anime in recent years, but I really like Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne which does have an anime series.
I love Urusei Yatsura which is a really old series but it makes me laugh.

Maria Croft
Oct 28th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I just saw the last episode from season 1 from the English version of Sailor Moon on YouTube and my god is it bad!

The voice acting is teeth grinding for sure, but I can't believe how much they cut out, the part were the Senshi die is one of best moments in the entire series and one of the most emotional episodes I've ever seen in an anime. Just glad I never had to follow the show in English dub.

Direwolf
Oct 28th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I still haven't found anything (after many years of looking) that comes close to being as good or better then Sailor Moon I'm afraid.

I show that isn't so similar but has elements and it really good is Avatar, you might wanna watch that.

Both shows are great...
but somehow..
theyre so different...

in a kinky way...

saint2
Oct 28th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Sailor Moon heroes = five best firends? Get a life :lol: :lol: Try Bleach, I'm watching it now, and its very good to me...

kabuki
Oct 29th, 2007, 12:27 AM
What?

I need recommendations. Does anyone have any?

I'm specifically looking for Japanese anime. I love Sailor Moon. I started watching it when I was little, and it is only now that I'm in my early 20's, that I purchased the entire series and finished watching it just yesterday. I fell in love with it even more after I started watching it in Japanese with English subtitles. I loved it because it was funny, romantic, and really meaninful. I really felt like I had five best friends. But now that I finished watching the series, I'm really sad because I don't have anything to watch.

I lost my friends!

Wow.

Polikarpov
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Magic Knight Rayearth

esquímaux
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Dragon Ball Z! :yeah: Oh and Cowboy Bebop too :D

Maria Croft
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:50 PM
Dragon Ball Z! :yeah: Oh and Cowboy Bebop too :D

I never really liked Dragonball Z, not enough happened in a single epsiode, one fight scene would always take forever.