PDA

View Full Version : Injuries!

serenus_2k8
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Just a few thoughts about the injuries that seem to constantly crop up with both Serena and Venus, just wanted a few opinions:

When on court the sisters passion for the game is obvious and yet they seem to constantly have injuries that stop them from playing a full season.

Do you think that they take time out more lightly now that they have other things to fill their time with ie. fashion as their world is not solely based around tennis. So if an injury comes along they might see it more as an oppurtuinity to catch up with other things whereas if tennis was their everything they could reduce the injury time and get back out there?

I mean you dont win grand slams if you are not fit, and yet the Williams seem to have a lot more time out than other top 10 players such as Ivanovic, Janko, Anna C, JH etc

It all just seems quite strange. Anyway I only got thinking because someone mentioned that Serenas injury could hinder her at the YEC. Does this look likely? And does anyone know anything official about what state either women are in? Thanks guys :D Sorry for long post!

santhuruu
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well Venus was one of the last persons I would expect withdrawing from the YEC but she still did withdraw, it wouldn't surprise me if also Serena now wants to withdraw from the tournament since Venus withdrew, and she said on her website she enjoys being back in USA training hard. I guess like last year she didn't play at all during the fall season this year she did, but still it wouldn't surprise me if Serena choses not to play the YEC and training for defending her Aussie Open Crown.

doni1212
Oct 28th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I really hope not. I want to see her win the YEC and show improvement from the U.S. Open and these fall events.
Not to mention, I want to see her play Justine again before the AO.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2007, 05:47 PM
i doubt she will withdraw just because venus withdrew....venus only withdrew on advice from her doctor....and with her AO points to defend she needs a buffer in case she doesn't defend so another 2006 type drop doesn't happen after the AO....

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM
i doubt she will withdraw just because venus withdrew....venus only withdrew on advice from her doctor....and with her AO points to defend she needs a buffer in case she doesn't defend so another 2006 type drop doesn't happen after the AO....

I would hope Serena is not the same boat. Unlike Venus, Serena put herself out there in Europe, got her ranking up, so I have to think she's a bit more serious about the YEC.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
very true...i just hope she is fine for the YEC after all the playing this fall.....however it will only benefit her whether it be at the YEC (hoping it's then) or come next season :)

serenus_2k8
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Yeh it would seem really weak to just drop out coz her sister did, its not like she needs venus there to hold her hand!

The draw for the YEC is next saturday right? Whats the point in it if its always the same...