PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race starts November 4th!!

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I can't wait I haven't heard much about this season but I hope it's good. :bounce:

njnetswill
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:10 PM
One of my favorite shows, but it has been going downhill ever since the season with Chip/Kim.

nikita771
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yea!!! I"m going to set mys DVR now!

Just Do It
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM
was there already like a celebrity amazing race ? That would be amazing :lol:

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2007, 01:52 PM
no there's never been a celebrity edition but there has been an all-star edition.

CanIGetAWhat
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:34 PM
It's tonight! :dance: Can't wait.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I can't wait! I love this show....I only found out yesterday that they were bringing it back!

IceHock
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm pumped for tonight, the teams look good so should be another good season!

hablo
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Glad those two cab stealers are out.

Ellery
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I´ve never watched the Amazing Race before (though I am a huge fan of reality TV shows), and I don´t really have any idea how it works. I was reading the explanation on Wikipedia but it seemed so convoluted. Would anyone care to summarize briefly what this show is about? I mean, teams of two have to get to a certain destination, and they have challenges but how does it all work? :wavey:

Ellery
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I´ve never watched the Amazing Race before (though I am a huge fan of reality TV shows), and I don´t really have any idea how it works. I was reading the explanation on Wikipedia but it seemed so convoluted. Would anyone care to summarize briefly what this show is about? I mean, teams of two have to get to a certain destination, and they have challenges but how does it all work? :wavey:

Never mind, I am reading the Wikipedia explanations and it's beginning to make sense. :lol:

canuckfan
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:15 AM

That's pretty much it.

They have to get to check points (route markers). Each episode, they have to complete two challenges: a detour (choice between two tasks, each with their own pros and cons like Phil says) and a roadblock (One of two does it). At the end of each episode, the last team to get to the pit stop is eliminated. They start the next leg in the order they arrived at the pit stop, exactly 12 hours after they arrived.

They receive money at the start of each leg to pay for everything except airline tickets (they have a credit card for that).

When there are only three teams remaining, there's a final leg. The first team to arrive get a million bucks.

Ellery
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:17 AM
That's pretty much it.

They have to get to check points (route markers). Each episode, they have to complete two challenges: a detour (choice between two tasks, each with their own pros and cons like Phil says) and a roadblock (One of two does it). At the end of each episode, the last team to get to the pit stop is eliminated. They start the next leg in the order they arrived at the pit stop, exactly 12 hours after they arrived.

They receive money at the start of each leg to pay for everything except airline tickets (they have a credit card for that).

When there are only three teams remaining, there's a final leg. The first team to arrive get a million bucks.

Thanks :worship: Do you guys know if the episodes will be put on CBS innertube, like for Survivor, and many other shows?

drake3781
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:20 AM

Yes, they start with a certain number (11 this season) of teams. Each team could be siblings, married couple, father/daughter or mother/son, dating couple, friends, or whatever.

Each episode covers about a 1-2 day period. In that period the teams leave the overnight point, get clues, and complete challenges, and finally arrive at the next pit stop (overnight point). The last team in to the pit stop is eliminated (unless, in a few times each race, it is a non-elimination round).

The challenges are two types, roadblock - where one member perfroms the challenge - and detour - where the team decides which one of two challenges to perform. In a detour, one of the choices requires slow and steady, and the other requires strength and speed. There is one roadblock and one detour in each episode.

Also there can be a fast forward - there are a few in each series - and the first team that finds it completes a different challenge then goes straight to the pit stop.

And there can be a yield - one team makes another team wait for a period of time before they can begin thier challenge.

The final team to the pit stop at the final episode is the winner.

canuckfan
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks :worship: Do you guys know if the episodes will be put on CBS innertube, like for Survivor, and many other shows?

I think they used to do it last year. Not sure about this season.

If you like it, try to get your hands on seasons 1-2-3-5. They are incredibles. Since season 6, they really dumbed the show a lot. The race used to be a lot more difficult, with grueling legs and tough clues. Now they mostly cast blonde bimbos who want to «flirt there way to the top» (meaning: getting eliminated in the first 3 episodes) or young bickering couples from LA. The show is still okay but nowhere near as good as it used to be.

IceHock
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Not a bad first episode, must say I like alot of teams this year and even the gothic team isn't too bad, I wouldn't expect them to be that good, sucked for the losing team as their donkey wouldn't budge, i'd really hate to make this show then get eliminated first round, i'd prolly cry.

drake3781
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Not a bad first episode, must say I like alot of teams this year and even the gothic team isn't too bad, I wouldn't expect them to be that good, sucked for the losing team as their donkey wouldn't budge, i'd really hate to make this show then get eliminated first round, i'd prolly cry.

:lol:

I don't like nor dislike any team just yet... can't really tell.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Im happy steari are gone. soo mean and as he said karma bite them in the ass and showed them noone's a bigger bitch than karma

Im rooting for the Goths. To be quite frank I thought the guy was a girl and vice versa :p Too much makeup and Pink going on with him. Is he sure he's not gay? I had to search for an adams apple

mckyle.
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:32 AM
it was a dull first episode. c'mon, most exciting thing was a donkey that wouldn't move?

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I endjoyed the first episode. I'm soooo happy the bitchy gay guy is gone....talk about stereotype. :rolleyes:

I like the lesbian clergy....they are kind of funny and down to earth. I'm ready for the couple that screams and hollers and cries to go next. I'm already tired of the whinning.

I'm already loving the alliance between the brother and sister and the dad/daughter team. Who's your daddy! :dance:

Scotso
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:16 PM
No cute guys. :sad:

I watched it, but I can never get into this show, even though I watch all the reality TV competition shows and such. My main problem with this is the premise entirely: they claim it's a big race, but really it isn't. It's 25% skill and 75% luck. I don't like that they allow people to catch up at some points, and it isn't fair that someone will get an earlier flight but be delayed so much that the second flight arrives first. The best team could easily be eliminated if their car breaks down.

If it were more like a "race," where the person to finish in the shortest amount of time minus the unknown times of potential travel problems, I would like it a lot more. As it is, the only reason to watch is for the people... and I didn't particularly like any of them.

Scotso
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm already loving the alliance between the brother and sister and the dad/daughter team. Who's your daddy! :dance:

The brother and sister are soooo arrogant though. They couldn't stop talking about how much better/smarter they are than the other contestants. They also tauted their physical strength, but the guy is a skinny, whimpy looking thing.

shap_half
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
crap!!! I missed it! Are they doing repeats of this ep?
Can someone PM me of the time if they are, please?
I didn't read any of the posts here in case there were any spoilers :)
Thanks!

IceHock
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
crap!!! I missed it! Are they doing repeats of this ep?
Can someone PM me of the time if they are, please?
I didn't read any of the posts here in case there were any spoilers :)
Thanks!

They sometimes air the episodes on the website so maybe try cbs.com

the jamierbelyea
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
They sometimes air the episodes on the website so maybe try cbs.com

Unfortunately CBS doesn't have the Amazing Race as one of the shows you can watch full episodes on the web. I ran into that problem last season.

Ellery
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately CBS doesn't have the Amazing Race as one of the shows you can watch full episodes on the web. I ran into that problem last season.

Yeah, they only have some 1 minute clips and teams interviews on innertube :help:

darice
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM
go kynt+vyxsin! :cool:

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_01.jpg

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
The brother and sister are soooo arrogant though. They couldn't stop talking about how much better/smarter they are than the other contestants. They also tauted their physical strength, but the guy is a skinny, whimpy looking thing.

:scratch:

They mentioned once about being smart, which I'm sure they are and once about being physically fit in relation to talking about why they think they can win? :confused:

moon
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:06 AM
:scratch:

They mentioned once about being smart, which I'm sure they are and once about being physically fit in relation to talking about why they think they can win? :confused:

I like the brother and sister. they remind me of me and my brother. :)
I also like
the lesbian couple--they were funny
the goth couple--didn't think I would like them, but they're spunky
Miami sisters--so far, but I feel like they didn't show them too much.

Rocky you're right--the whiny couple has got to go!!!!

drake3781
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Annoying teams:

The father-daughter team. OMG that father is awwwwwful!! :fiery:

The "Goths". Nerds dressing up to "scare" me? Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

The team that keeps calling each other "baby", and screaming "I love you" to each other. :o :tape:

Any one of them can go next, followed by the other two in order.

IceHock
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah if I had that dad, I would flip, the goth guy made me laugh when he got 2 inches off of the vault the first time, hilarioussssss. The lesbians were nice but maybe too nice for the race, yah gotta do whatever it takes to win this.

Divoo!
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:14 AM
go kynt+vyxsin! :cool:

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_01.jpg

:help:

is the thing on the left male or female? :o

Ellery
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Ronald sure went downhill pretty fast :help: He was so adorable in the first episode and now :help: I was cringing every time he opened his mouth. Please shut up. Now.

On another note, what exactly is the story between Ronald and Christina? I mean, did Christina not grow up with her father or something? They almost seem like strangers :confused:

drake3781
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Ronald sure went downhill pretty fast :help: He was so adorable in the first episode and now :help: I was cringing every time he opened his mouth. Please shut up. Now.

On another note, what exactly is the story between Ronald and Christina? I mean, did Christina not grow up with her father or something? They almost seem like strangers :confused:

TEAM 3
Ronald & Christina
Father/Daughter
Ronald: Tacoma, WA
58, VP of Sales

Christina, Washington, DC
26, Policy Analyst

Ronald & Christina are a father/daughter Team who are competing in the Race to make up for lost time. Since Ronald was constantly traveling for work throughout much of his daughter's formative years, Christina hopes the Race will allow her father--a self-proclaimed workaholic--to stop and smell the roses and provide them with some meaningful time together.

Ronald, a first-generation immigrant and eldest of five, works as a Vice President of sales for a paper packaging company. His proudest achievements are his thirty-one years of marriage and raising two independent daughters. Christina is Ronald's youngest daughter and holds degrees from both Duke and Princeton. She once served in the State Department and often wishes her Teammate could be as diplomatic as she.

Neither are strangers to the unpredictability of international travel as they have both lived and worked abroad. Ronald describes himself as inquisitive and open-minded, while Christina describes herself as loyal and adventurous. This father/daughter duo is excited to grow closer, make friends across continents and create Race history by being the first father/daughter Team to claim the $1 million prize.

Scotso
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Ronald really needs to be shot. He's horrible.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 13th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Can't believe that either Marianna or Julia called Ronald "Mr. Miyagi".

:haha:

CanIGetAWhat
Nov 13th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I was a little shocked when she said "Mr. Miyagi runs like the wind." :tape:

Kynt has be to gay...or bi. His comment about him being too prissy and his mannerisms...:tape:

njnetswill
Nov 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Ronald is so bizarre. I thought I was used to psycho Asian parents and all but this guy is on a whole 'nother level. :eek:

No teams seem that bad so far, although the blondes are starting to grate. Also that whiny couple.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 14th, 2007, 01:16 AM
I was a little shocked when she said "Mr. Miyagi runs like the wind." :tape:

I laughed and then wondered if the other teams think of Marianna and Julia as
"the wannabe J.Lo's" or have some other nickname for the Latina's. ;)

Kynt has be to gay...or bi. His comment about him being too prissy and his mannerisms...:tape:

Oh come on. He is SO gay. The only time he's "tapping" Vixen is when he wants her to pass the eyeliner. :rocker2:

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 14th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Ronald is so bizarre. I thought I was used to psycho Asian parents and all but this guy is on a whole 'nother level. :eek:

I know, huh. It's not like black, white, Hispanic and Middle Eastern dads ever act like that.

:tape:

Rocketta
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:33 AM
gosh, I hate that the sisters got eliminated. :(

I hate that the whiny couple is in it for another week. :help:

Ok and did the blondes actually say what I think they said when they got on the train? :rolleyes:

Ellery
Nov 19th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Thank God Ronald toned it down today... If he maintains this I'll be able to cheer for Ron and Christina again :)

"Be gentle, you are handling nipples." :) :haha: Best quote of the day. Azaria and Hendekea are awesome, they just breezed through the memorization.

drake3781
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:01 AM

Ok and did the blondes actually say what I think they said when they got on the train? :rolleyes:

Was it the sisters who told Lorena how to get the camel milk?

I'm not happy the "Baby I love you's" are still in it.

Ellery
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Was it the sisters who told Lorena how to get the camel milk?

I'm not happy the "Baby I love you's" are still in it.

Yeah, Marianna and Julia helped Lorena.

Scotso
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM

Oh come on. He is SO gay. The only time he's "tapping" Vixen is when he wants her to pass the eyeliner. :rocker2:

It's kind of illogical to say that he's "so gay" and isn't really a couple with her. He obviously doesn't have a problem expressing himself and doesn't seem to care what people think of him... so why would he pretend not to be gay?

Rocketta
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Thank God Ronald toned it down today... If he maintains this I'll be able to cheer for Ron and Christina again :)

"Be gentle, you are handling nipples." :) :haha: Best quote of the day. Azaria and Hendekea are awesome, they just breezed through the memorization.

They went about it so smartly, each remembering 5 each... :yeah:

Dawn Marie
Nov 19th, 2007, 03:53 AM
YES! My top team came in first place today! I like Ronand Christine alot as well. Let's give dad a break, I kinda understand where he is coming from. I also like the laid back team. The man and women. I think they are TJ and someone else?I CANT stand the wanna beauty pagents blondes. They are IGNORANT!!! I enjoy those who play this game and yet understand other cultures. Stop whining and empathize with those less fortunate.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:24 AM
I hate that the cry baby just got in. I used to like them but now I hate her. Shut up and milk the cow!
Also I like the asian girl. She's way more mature and smart than her dad gives her credit for.

njnetswill
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:49 AM
I know, huh. It's not like black, white, Hispanic and Middle Eastern dads ever act like that.

:tape:

Oh please, I grew up in the Asian community. I think I have the right to pass judgment. Stop being so PC. Ronald's attitude towards Christina is very commonplace, it's a mixture of unreasonable standards and lack of understanding about how to communicate properly to his daughter. He seems to have toned it down in this episode, which is nice.

Ellery
Nov 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Oh please, I grew up in the Asian community. I think I have the right to pass judgment. Stop being so PC. Ronald's attitude towards Christina is very commonplace, it's a mixture of unreasonable standards and lack of understanding about how to communicate properly to his daughter. He seems to have toned it down in this episode, which is nice.

While it`s true that Asian parents do maintain very high standards, have high expectations, and are not afraid of criticizing their kids, I hope you agree that Ronald`s showing 2 episodes ago does not reflect Asian parents` styles at all. There is a difference between being an asshole (him 2 episodes ago) and being strict and demanding (which is a good thing).

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Adios mio Marianna y Julia! Tontitas! :p But I know you had Lorena's back. :)

Oh please, I grew up in the Asian community. I think I have the right to pass judgment.

And I have the most Anglo of dads and he acts just like Ronald so don't give me this "exclusive to Asian fathers" crap.

Stop being so PC.

Who's being PC? "Mr. Miyagi" is an old school asshole very much like a lot of other dads (of any race) that are his age.

Ronald's attitude towards Christina is very commonplace, it's a mixture of unreasonable standards and lack of understanding about how to communicate properly to his daughter. He seems to have toned it down in this episode, which is nice.

If Christina was a guy Ronald wouldn't even be talking that kind of shit.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:29 PM
While it`s true that Asian parents do maintain very high standards, have high expectations, and are not afraid of criticizing their kids, I hope you agree that Ronald`s showing 2 episodes ago does not reflect Asian parents` styles at all. There is a difference between being an asshole (him 2 episodes ago) and being strict and demanding (which is a good thing).

Asian parents act like Ronald, anglo parents like Ronald, black parents act like Ronald, Hispanic parents like Ronald... y'all are making it sound so exclusive. Ronald is just an old fuck. :shrug:

Meesh
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I was hoping the sisters would come in before the cry baby! Ughh, all the previous episodes I had to listen to her call him "baby, baby" and then the crying scene. Ughh... Guess another week of "baby"

I like brother/sister, grandpa/grandson so far. There are still many teams , can't think of all the others I like.. those two just stand out for me.
I don't like the father in the father/daughter team, don't like the blondes or the goth team.
So far I'm enjoying all the places :wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I hate those two igorant blondes...:mad:

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Yeah Rocky...one of those bitches said..." This is where they sold people for money"...:rolleyes:

Rocketta
Nov 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah Rocky...one of those bitches said..." This is where they sold people for money"...:rolleyes:

oh well I hope she said that cause that's not bad, I thought she said, "I feel like they are going to sell us for money" and then I was like Bitch please. :rolleyes:

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
oh well I hope she said that cause that's not bad, I thought she said, "I feel like they are going to sell us for money" and then I was like Bitch please. :rolleyes:

"Sell US", that's what I thought she said. They're ripping her a new one all over the net today.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Actually Rocky...I just had a conversation with a friend of mine and I was wrong...they did say what you thaught they said...:rolleyes:

njnetswill
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM
And I have the most Anglo of dads and he acts just like Ronald so don't give me this "exclusive to Asian fathers" crap.

When did I ever say it was exclusive to Asian fathers? I dare you to find a post where I said something like that. Having trouble? It's probably because I NEVER SAID IT. Stop putting words into my mouth you ass.

njnetswill
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:14 PM
If Christina was a guy Ronald wouldn't even be talking that kind of shit.

:help: Do you honestly think that demanding parents are more demanding on daughters than sons? Even you have to agree that sexism has nothing to do with this.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
When did I ever say it was exclusive to Asian fathers? I dare you to find a post where I said something like that. Having trouble? It's probably because I NEVER SAID IT. Stop putting words into my mouth you ass.

You didn't say it was exclusive but you might as well have.

He couldn't just be psycho, had to be "psycho Asian".

:wavey:

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM
:help: Do you honestly think that demanding parents are more demanding on daughters than sons? Even you have to agree that sexism has nothing to do with this.

Ronald is old school and to him Christina is daddy's little girl and always will be. If she was a guy Ronald would think twice about talking that shit because Chris (as a guy) wouldn't have been as nice and would've gave the shit right back to "Mr. Miyagi". Chris as a guy would've told the old man to fuck off and really hurt his old ass.

njnetswill
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Ronald is old school and to him Christina is daddy's little girl and always will be. If she was a guy Ronald would think twice about talking that shit because Chris (as a guy) wouldn't have been as nice and would've gave the shit right back to "Mr. Miyagi". Chris as a guy would've told the old man to fuck off and really hurt his old ass.

Because all people of the same gender work the same exact way. You are right, I totally forgot that all father-son relationships work exactly like you described. :worship: I am outclassed by the world's family relations expert, everyone. :inlove:

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Because all people of the same gender work the same exact way. You are right, I totally forgot that all father-son relationships work exactly like you described. :worship: I am outclassed by the world's family relations expert, everyone. :inlove:

I like how you completely avoided commenting on "Psycho Asian parents", your own words.

Says a lot about you feel about your own race. :wavey:

drake3781
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I think Ronald is first generation in the US (correct me if I am wrong, dont have time to check). This does bring up some cultural differences that make the situation somewhat different from just any father/daughter situation.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I think Ronald is first generation in the US (correct me if I am wrong, dont have time to check). This does bring up some cultural differences that make the situation somewhat different from just any father/daughter situation.

Oh I didn't realize that the Chinese had the market cornered on demanding asshole dads. My bad.

:rolleyes:

njnetswill
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I like how you completely avoided commenting on "Psycho Asian parents", your own words.

Says a lot about you feel about your own race. :wavey:

You know, I am blessed with amazing parents who are both immigrants from Asia. Having immigrant parents though, means oftentimes the majority of the adults your parents associate with are fellow immigrants from the same country. Ronald appears to be first generation like I am, so I'm not saying he follows under the same category as the other Asian parents I have met and dealt with firsthand. However, any East Asian (and many South Asian) young people will agree with me in that Asian parents are particularly demanding overall, simply because the educational systems in countries like China, Japan, and India are extremely competitive and rigorous, and those are the systems that our immigrant parents are used to. High standards for success in education often translates to high standards in every other aspect of the child's life. My own parents have never pushed me too hard, but they have instilled a strong work ethic within me that allows myself to have high expectations for myself. This I believe, is a harmonious balance between traditional Asian parenting and the American belief in pushing you child to be the best that they can be, not just "the best" period. I have had close friends of mine suffer from overcontrolling parents who love them dearly, but just do not understand how to communicate with their children in a manner that is conducive to open, honest dialogue. Worse yet, I have known kids personally within the Asian community who have suffered extreme psychological, and sometimes even physical harm from overzealous parents. The parents who routinely demoralize their children are the "psycho Asian" parents I was referring to. Yes, they exist in all races, but it is not just a coincidence that student suicide rates are the highest among Asians, not just in Asia itself but also in the elite American universities.

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM
You know, I am blessed with amazing parents who are both immigrants from Asia. Having immigrant parents though, means oftentimes the majority of the adults your parents associate with are fellow immigrants from the same country. Ronald appears to be first generation like I am, so I'm not saying he follows under the same category as the other Asian parents I have met and dealt with firsthand. However, any East Asian (and many South Asian) young people will agree with me in that Asian parents are particularly demanding overall, simply because the educational systems in countries like China, Japan, and India are extremely competitive and rigorous, and those are the systems that our immigrant parents are used to. High standards for success in education often translates to high standards in every other aspect of the child's life. My own parents have never pushed me too hard, but they have instilled a strong work ethic within me that allows myself to have high expectations for myself. This I believe, is a harmonious balance between traditional Asian parenting and the American belief in pushing you child to be the best that they can be, not just "the best" period. I have had close friends of mine suffer from overcontrolling parents who love them dearly, but just do not understand how to communicate with their children in a manner that is conducive to open, honest dialogue. Worse yet, I have known kids personally within the Asian community who have suffered extreme psychological, and sometimes even physical harm from overzealous parents. The parents who routinely demoralize their children are the "psycho Asian" parents I was referring to. Yes, they exist in all races, but it is not just a coincidence that student suicide rates are the highest among Asians, not just in Asia itself but also in the elite American universities.

That's all I was saying. My parents are also immigrants (Cuba, Germany) and they have the same habits as your psycho Asian parents. At my uni, you can talk to first generation Iranian's, Bajan's and Chamorro's who'll tell you the same story. The language and customs are different but that "psycho mentality" is universal.

Rocketta
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:18 PM
"Sell US", that's what I thought she said. They're ripping her a new one all over the net today.

she needs to be ripped a new one...the audacity to think it much less say it. :rolleyes:

moon
Nov 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I knew the Miami girls helping out the whiner would come back and bite them in the ass. :rolleyes:

Love the brother and sister.:cool:
the 2 blond girls--their comments were disgusting. :mad:
they deserved to get ripped off.

is it me or do all the "blondie teams" seem to be overly concerned with how they look, or getting by on their looks? :confused:

stickwitju(ju)
Nov 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I knew the Miami girls helping out the whiner would come back and bite them in the ass. :rolleyes:

Totally agree. I think Marianna and Julia might've had some Latina bond with Lorena off camera. The way Julia said "Lorrrennna" gave that indication.

is it me or do all the "blondie teams" seem to be overly concerned with how they look, or getting by on their looks? :confused:

Nah it's not just you. Nothing wrong with them using every possible avenue but yeah the ones they choose for TAR totally fit that blonde stereotype. :tape:

drake3781
Nov 26th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Please an annoying team to lose this week!!

The Baby i Love You's would be my first choice!

drake3781
Nov 26th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Please an annoying team to lose this week!!

The Baby i Love You's would be my first choice!

Well, I got my wish....

Why do the editors continue to play up the use of the Yield, and now the UTurn, as some type of unethical move? I find it really strange/annoying. If it's part of the game, then don't treat it like it's taboo. :shrug:

I liked Vyxsen's (or however she spells her name) revelations, of course, and my wish for her and Kint is that they would see through this world experience how ridiculous they are, and focus on other things than adorning themselves. If they made that transformation during the race, I might even root for them.

Dawn Marie
Nov 26th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Well, I got my wish....

Why do the editors continue to play up the use of the Yield, and now the UTurn, as some type of unethical move? I find it really strange/annoying. If it's part of the game, then don't treat it like it's taboo. :shrug:

I liked Vyxsen's (or however she spells her name) revelations, of course, and my wish for her and Kint is that they would see through this world experience how ridiculous they are, and focus on other things than adorning themselves. If they made that transformation during the race, I might even root for them.

I don't see them as adoring themselves. I find them to be unique and different. I don't want to see them transform because they have heart and soul. It's not all about the outward appearance of people. I loved the fact that Vyxen showed raw emotion while running through grabage in a third world country.

The blondes are attractive on the outside but lack empathy and compassion for people. I want to see them transform. So far I see nada.

drake3781
Nov 26th, 2007, 03:52 AM
I don't see them as adoring themselves. I find them to be unique and different. I don't want to see them transform because they have heart and soul. It's not all about the outward appearance of people. I loved the fact that Vyxen showed raw emotion while running through grabage in a third world country.

The blondes are attractive on the outside but lack empathy and compassion for people. I want to see them transform. So far I see nada.

I said "adorning". :shrug:

Dawn Marie
Nov 26th, 2007, 06:38 AM
I said "adorning". :shrug:

Yeah, I just misspelled the word wrong. I know what u meant. Which is why I mentioned the blondes outward appearance. So they want to be goth looking so what? They have heart and soul so why should they transform? The blondes look ugly to me they need much work done in their mindset.

Rocketta
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM
um why did homegirl think she deserved to get first? :lol:

if she wanted first she should've beat them to the mat? Gee but I like the sister's response. :yeah:

Rising Sun
Nov 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Any idea where the next leg will be? :confused:

moon
Nov 26th, 2007, 09:51 PM

You are completely right Dawn. The goths don't need to change. If they want to dress like that, let 'em. They're not hurting anyone. The blondes are the ones who need to make the transformation. They are disgusting.

Go Goths!
and brother and sister-- (I'm not even trying to spell their names).

Vlover
Nov 26th, 2007, 10:15 PM

if she wanted first she should've beat them to the mat? Gee but I like the sister's response. :yeah:

The nerve of her to expect the sister to stand back and allow her to be first.:lol: I hope the brother/sister team keep it up.

Rocketta
Nov 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Go Goths!

I know you're not trying to talk about the spelling of someone's name? :rolls:

njnetswill
Nov 27th, 2007, 03:57 AM
I love the goths. I hope they and the bro/sis team go far.

Ronald/Christina and the Grandpa/Grandson team are great too. :yeah:

Blondes need to go. Followed by Nathan/Whiney.

Ellery
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Nicolas and Christina seem to be pretty close. The arm around the shoulder, the tap on the head, hmm :angel: He is so tall though :eek:

And the dance detour was so random. Shana and Jennifer were basically pole dancing and they got the approval of the judges? ROFL :haha: :help:

Ellery
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Any idea where the next leg will be? :confused:

I dunno if that counts as a spoiler, but I know they go through Lithuania

darice
Nov 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I don't see them as adoring themselves. I find them to be unique and different. I don't want to see them transform because they have heart and soul. It's not all about the outward appearance of people. I loved the fact that Vyxen showed raw emotion while running through garbage in a third world country.

vyxsin sure did. she and kynt totally rock! :worship:

darice
Nov 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM

wow you're trying to sound all fair and stuff but you end up bagging on kynt and vyxsin and prolly don't even realize it. :( why are they ridiculous? cause they don't dress conservative? that's terrible that you'd only root for them if they changed their appearance. have you ever thought that sometimes ppl whose appearance that you approve of may actually be horrible ppl?

darice
Nov 27th, 2007, 11:56 AM

jenn was totally lame. :o i mean you're so not gonna ask a team "um you guys came in 1st twice already, could you guys come in 2nd for a change?" :tape:

darice
Nov 27th, 2007, 12:02 PM
You are completely right Dawn. The goths don't need to change. If they want to dress like that, let 'em. They're not hurting anyone. The blondes are the ones who need to make the transformation. They are disgusting.

everytime i see the blondes i think of those cougars on the real housewives of the o.c. :lol:

Go Goths!

azaria is easy cause i so luv the simpsons (hank azaria). hendekea i have to think about and then google for the spelling. :lol: do you guys think that hendekea looks like robinne lee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498146/)? :)

darice
Nov 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Ronald/Christina and the Grandpa/Grandson team are great too. :yeah:

grandpa is too cute but i wonder why his grandson calls him "don" or "donald" instead of grandpa. :scratch:

Rocketta
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I can't believe H&A are off the show. :bigcry:

OMG, what kind of karma are the fans of Amazing race putting out that we have to be stuck with the crybaby couple. :baby:

:banghead:

griffin
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Are they not doing "non-elimination legs" this season?

moon
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I know you're not trying to talk about the spelling of someone's name? :rolls:
I just saw this :lol:
whatever, Rocky!

hablo
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I was hoping it would be a non-elimination leg during the last episode.

Too bad it wasnt : I really liked that brother/sister. :(

moon
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:52 PM

I know right? None so far. :(
and now the siblings are gone. I don't know who to root for now.
I guess KT & Rachel. Kynt & Vixen are moving up to my #1.

nikita771
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I can't believe H&A are off the show. :bigcry:

OMG, what kind of karma are the fans of Amazing race putting out that we have to be stuck with the crybaby couple. :baby:

:banghead:

I was upset about that elimination. He asked for economy seating!!!! Also - I loved that they couldn't get into the cab because they were wet and missed getting the number 1 spot AGAIN. It was even better when they had to redo the ride and got bumped down to 3rd.

Rocketta
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:55 PM

with our luck the crybaby couple will get it. :tears:

Rocketta
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I just saw this :lol:
whatever, Rocky!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I thought I heard at the start of it all there will be no non-elimination legs....
Go Goths!
I am so tired of the cry babys that are in 3rd. They sound like 10 year olds!

juki
Dec 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM
If there are no non-eliminations then this season will be REALLY short. aren't there only 5 teams left now?? It feels like the season had just started.

I was also upset it wasn't a non-elimination leg last night, the siblings were great to watch and were the best team of the season as far as racing goes. It was great that Christina and her dad won last night, I hope they can keep going. The goths are so cool, best team of the season.. I can't stand the dating couple, especially the girl. UGH. I hope they leave next.

njnetswill
Dec 11th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I'm glad NELs are gone. They were predictable and basically nullified the effort of the entire leg, since bunching usually puts everyone back in the running anyway.

Fast forward and the grandpa/grandson get to it first! :eek: Was that a tattoo parlor i saw in the previews? :confused:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I was upset about that elimination. He asked for economy seating!!!!

Just one simple screwup costs them very dearly... :tape:

I remember in one season, a team wanted to get economy tickets but only business class were available. They ask the person in the counter to "bump" two lucky people to buiness class so they can get the tickets.

While H&A situation is a bit different, they could have used the above to "change" their tickets with anyone in line for the same flight. But then, I dunno whether this was allowed by the personal or even the race organizers... since their names were already imprinted on the tickets...

Well, tough luck for them... :hug:

Also - I loved that they couldn't get into the cab because they were wet and missed getting the number 1 spot AGAIN. It was even better when they had to redo the ride and got bumped down to 3rd.

How dare they took an "illegal" shortcut just to pass Cristina and her dad... serves them right for having to be "ejected" from a taxi, and told to redo the last part of the Detour. They were bloody lucky not to be eliminated... :fiery:

But then, next week's preview states that "one team mends their differences and will work together"... oh dear... who else could it be... :help:

Ellery
Dec 11th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm glad NELs are gone. They were predictable and basically nullified the effort of the entire leg, since bunching usually puts everyone back in the running anyway.

Fast forward and the grandpa/grandson get to it first! :eek: Was that a tattoo parlor i saw in the previews? :confused:

It definitely looked like a tattoo parlor to me. I think the previews said something about one team considering making a permanent change to their bodies to further their position in the race, or something like that. And the previews showed Donald rolling up his sleeve.

drake3781
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM
It definitely looked like a tattoo parlor to me. I think the previews said something about one team considering making a permanent change to their bodies to further their position in the race, or something like that. And the previews showed Donald rolling up his sleeve.
Probably a Fast Forward.

Rocketta
Dec 11th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I wish they would've just got on the plane...for all we know the penalty could've just been an hour or it could've been elimination but that's what it was anyway. :shrug:

griffin
Dec 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Everytime I see your sig banner, I get hungry :firey:

I wonder if they'll stretch the season by having race legs that cover two episodes...

Rocketta
Dec 11th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Everytime I see your sig banner, I get hungry :firey:

I wonder if they'll stretch the season by having race legs that cover two episodes...

Gotta Love pork. :drool:

sfselesfan
Dec 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_01.jpg - Love them! They're definitely my favorite. I don't have much in common with them, but I like their positive attitude.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_10.jpg - A close second favorite. I like that they remain calm and nice to one another. They also laugh the most. They're meant for each other.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_03.jpg - I'd be okay with them winning. They're cute together. Sometimes the dad annoys me though.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_07.jpg - I didn't now they let retards play. How in the hell are they still around?

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_02.jpg - I can't wait for him to push her off a cliff or down some stairs. She is the most passive aggressive, annoying person I've ever seen on television.

SF

griffin
Dec 11th, 2007, 08:12 PM
He is not a retard, he's just getting dotty in his old age ;)

sfselesfan
Dec 11th, 2007, 10:09 PM
He is not a retard, he's just getting dotty in his old age ;)

:lol: , I was actually talking about the younger one. :tape: That dumbass seems incapable of not getting lost on every damned episode.

SF

njnetswill
Dec 11th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I would be ok with anyone besides Nate/Psycho winning.

juki
Dec 11th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, looking at that pic of Rachel she actually has a pretty face, never noticed that before... I like TK & Rachel too, I loved their reaction to coming in 1st last week and getting the prize, they are so down to earth and I love how well they work together.

I can sooo see the grandpa getting a tatoo for the fast forward, hope that happens, and they need that fast forward badly.

Ellery
Dec 11th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Actually, I would say that TK and Rachel are the ones who get lost all the time :tape:
Don's attitude sort of grates me. He seems to view each leg of the race as just a stroll in the park. It's a race, hello?

moon
Dec 12th, 2007, 12:51 AM
http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_01.jpg - Love them! They're definitely my favorite. I don't have much in common with them, but I like their positive attitude.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_10.jpg - A close second favorite. I like that they remain calm and nice to one another. They also laugh the most. They're meant for each other.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_03.jpg - I'd be okay with them winning. They're cute together. Sometimes the dad annoys me though.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_07.jpg - I didn't now they let retards play. How in the hell are they still around?

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/images/bio/fullsize/team_02.jpg - I can't wait for him to push her off a cliff or down some stairs. She is the most passive aggressive, annoying person I've ever seen on television.

SF

:lol: post of the day.

Ellery
Dec 12th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Can someone explain how the fast forward works? On wikipedia it says that you get the fast forward clue along with the normal clues, but if Nick and Don get the fast forward, does that actually mean they were the first to get there, or more likely, that other teams before them did not want to do the fast forward clue?

Blu€
Dec 12th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Ellery, from what I know, it's as you said, they give it along the normal clues and you go for it if you want, normally it's the first team who goes for it, as since season 5 o 6 (not sure) there are only 1 o 2 Fast forwards, anyways as you said it could be that the others teams didnt want to do it.

Go Goths!!:bounce::bounce: love them, looked funny in the preview for next episode :lol:
Cant stand Nate & Jenn like most of you, anyways I have the feeling they will end up winning it, it's always the useless couple that ends up winning it all. Still cant believe the Grandpa/Grandson team are still in it :fiery: .
I soooooo dont like Christina's father, poor girl cant see why she keeps saying "i love u" when he's an ungrateful bastard

drake3781
Dec 12th, 2007, 01:58 AM
OK, about the First Class (or was it Business Class?) seat, here is what I was thinking when I saw Hendekea hear about it and her reaction. ASK if they paid for Economy!! Just because they put you in FC/BC doesnt mean you didnt pay for Economy.
If the airline bumps you up, that cannot be a problem for the AR rules. And an airline may do that, to fill seats. (Better to sell two Economy fares than zero FC/BC fares, especially at the last minute!)
Hendekea just assumed that they paid for those seats, and ran away! If they had actually paid for Economy, they would have been fine. Would have taken 5 seconds to ASK!!

silverwhite
Dec 12th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Do Nate and Jenn deserve each other or what? :help:

Nate was right about one thing though. Jenn can be such a b***. :o

hwanmig
Dec 12th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I was hoping the spoilers I read last week were wrong:o.

Hendekea and Azaria should have flown on that plane and taken a penalty or something(engineers right:rolleyes:). The good thing is there has not been a single annoying team in this race coz at least I won't have to see a bitch like Kendra win.

Rocketta
Dec 24th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I didn't see it yesterday. :(

rated_next
Dec 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM
it was a non-elimination
the goths came in last

Ellery
Dec 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM
LOL at Tk saying that he was too mellow to handle the meltdown. No kidding :tape:

Blu€
Dec 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM
That was a long drive in Italy ! Crap my two favourite teams fighting for last spot, hope the Goths overcome the new "twist" . Intense programme last night's!

Blu€
Dec 31st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Noooooooooo, :bigcry::bigcry::sobbing::sobbing::crying2::
Stupidddddd U-turnnnn Kynt :sad:
How lucky can the oldie get :fiery:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 31st, 2007, 02:40 PM
BIGGEST EVER MISTAKE DONE BY AN AMAZING RACE TEAM - Kynt and Vixen... for U-Turning a Team that's AHEAD of them, and not someone behind them (Hello... Nat and Jen, guys?) :tape:

I screamed in horror when they made THAT mistake... :help:

Ellery
Dec 31st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Ron and Chris guaranteed best ever finish by a parent/child team :woohoo:

silverwhite
Dec 31st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Kynt :weirdo:

Nate and Jenn totally lucked out :help:

nikita771
Dec 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM
That was one of the most frustrating moments for me...seeing them UTurn the WRONG team. I was so excited, but that quickly turned to disgust and disbelief!

Rocketta
Dec 31st, 2007, 07:13 PM

I can't believe how dumb a move that was. :tape:

Really this season is turning into one of the worst for me...only one worse was the one with that evil spirit Kendra. :banghead:

Ryan
Dec 31st, 2007, 07:23 PM
I dont mind this season, but only because I want KT and Rachel to win. They seem like the only positive team besides the grandson/grandfather (I never remember their names). I hate Nate/Jenn, Ron is a dick to Christina and I dont think he deserved to win a million bucks.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
How didn't they know who was behind them? They were at the same gosh darn challenge! ugh.

Blu€
Jan 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM
They made a wrong & stupid decision but I always thought that they removed the photos of the teams who had already been before so ,as it happened on sunday, it wasnt a wasted U-turn/Yield !

This season has been OK, but too many good teams are going out and no fan wants a finale with teams so unbalanced, it's obvious that the teams left deserve it but honestly could they be more dislikable? We've got the old man & grandson who have said or done anything interesting on the show, the freaking moaning chinese dad who is bloody annoying, the bitching couple nobody likes & TK-Rachel who are so "cool", nice and fun but just too likable!

silverwhite
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:01 AM
I dont mind this season, but only because I want KT and Rachel to win. They seem like the only positive team besides the grandson/grandfather (I never remember their names). I hate Nate/Jenn, Ron is a dick to Christina and I dont think he deserved to win a million bucks.

What? TK and Rachael are :yawn:. They are like the invisible team. :help:

eck
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:27 AM
:lol: U-Turn
Same thing as how some lame Amazing Race Asia team determining the fate of another team, resulting in them getting eliminated

Ryan
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:47 PM
What? TK and Rachael are :yawn:. They are like the invisible team. :help:

I know they're pretty boring, but I like them because they're mellow, upbeat, and dont fight. I like controversial teams most of the time, but its cool to see some nice guys in the race. Don and whoever are cool too, but I find them more boring.

New
Jan 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
I really hope that Christina/Ron would win... cos I think she deserve a million for all her tolerance!:worship:

mandynyuna
Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
I hope Nat/Jen get out next. I'm hoping TK and Rachel win it though. I agree, this season is pretty boring. I prefer Amazing Race Asia 2 - has many more exciting and contrasting personalities.

nikita771
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Does anyone like Nate and Jen? I haven't read every post in this thread, but I don't recall seeing anyone supporting them. Personally, I can't stand them. They have this sense of entitlement that really irks me. I remember when they wanted the brother/sister team to give them first place.

drake3781
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:01 AM
What's going on? I thought Rachel and TK got an earlier flight than every one else. Or no? They seem to be behind?????????

gorecki
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:19 AM
missed the 1st 10mins and was wondering the same thing...

for some reason, Jenn reminds me of Vaidisova...:tape:

glad Chris and Ron got the pair of prizes for this leg! :)

New
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Wow... it is getting very exciting... today's 1st and 2nd were determined based on the ability to get a good cab first!:eek:

Hopefully, Ron and Chris gets through to the final three or I'm not too sure who I'll be rooting for...

There were a few seasons where the most annoying couples win the race... I'm not too surprised if after all the build up of them always narrowly missing the first place that Nate and Jen end up #1 in the end...

Jen is so:tape::help: Did you guys see the replay? she went into the cab herself and insisted that Nate pushed her!!! Maybe they should just show her the replay on the spot!:p:lol:

sfselesfan
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Jenn is such a horrible human being. I feel bad for her boyfriend. I hope they get married, have a kid, and then he cheats on her and leaves her evil ass.

SF

Ellery
Jan 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I am really worried about the edit Nate and Jen are getting. They keep having those second place finishes, but what if they win the race the matters the most :confused: *Shudder*

I really hope they get the asses booted pronto.

Chris is so awesome with languages :hearts:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 7th, 2008, 09:09 PM
i hope ron and chris win now. I love how they know basic words in so many languages. It's definitely helped them.

CanIGetAWhat
Jan 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I love Nate and Jen's constant bickering. They make for good TV. :lol:

Chris is so awesome with languages :hearts:Yeah, I know. She and her father know so many languages, even if it's simple phrases! :worship:

Blu€
Jan 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Not really exciting last night, TK & Rachel were so behind....... supposedly they departured before but they had to get two connecting flights so thats where the other teams gained time. Still dont know why they didnt check at the airport :confused:
Glad Jenn & Nate weren't first but the editing kinda told us before it happened with the video of Jenn & Nathan wearing the same clothes in Osaka "we want to finish first to prove ourselves" so obviously you understand they dont ...
Next week's looks intense seems like TK & Rachel catch up, still I'm betting on J&N for the win since the first week

njnetswill
Jan 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
If Jen and Nate win, it won't be nearly as bad as Freddy and Kendra winning. :help:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 8th, 2008, 05:36 AM
If Jen and Nate win, it won't be nearly as bad as Freddy and Kendra winning. :help:

That's not bad... compared to the 3rd season one... :tape:

Denise4925
Jan 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I love everyone but Nate and Jen :lol: Anybody but them for the win.

silverwhite
Jan 12th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Wow... it is getting very exciting... today's 1st and 2nd were determined based on the ability to get a good cab first!:eek:

Hopefully, Ron and Chris gets through to the final three or I'm not too sure who I'll be rooting for...

There were a few seasons where the most annoying couples win the race... I'm not too surprised if after all the build up of them always narrowly missing the first place that Nate and Jen end up #1 in the end...

Jen is so:tape::help: Did you guys see the replay? she went into the cab herself and insisted that Nate pushed her!!! Maybe they should just show her the replay on the spot!:p:lol:

I'm fearing that will happen as well. :help:

Nate/Jenn are so obnoxious, especially Jenn. Her comment at the beginning on Don and Ron being old... :rolleyes:

silverwhite
Jan 12th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Jenn is such a horrible human being. I feel bad for her boyfriend. I hope they get married, have a kid, and then he cheats on her and leaves her evil ass.

SF

He already has, no? :tape:

Meesh
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:20 AM
I'm so glad grandpa is still kick'n it! :wavey: Tatoo and all! I really like TK and Rachel and grandpa/grandson.
Nate / Jen = bipolar couple... i love you honey, i love you tooo... i hate you , i hate you , i don't want to ever see you again. :tape:

Ellery
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Best episode ever!!!!!!!!

Nate and Jen :tape: Bye bye! Poor Jen didn't get her birthday present but the viewers sure did :)

Nate on Taiwan: All I know about Taiwan is Thai food is great! :tape: :haha: Dumbass. I love the fact that they juxtaposed this scene with the scene of Ron and Chris talking discussing the other teams, with Ron saying that Nate and Jen are fairly smart and Christina like, "Um, no." :lol:

Very likable final 3, but still rooting for Ron and Chris :)

Ryan
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
So glad Jen and Nate are GONE. Fuck, they drove me crazy with her crazy bitchiness. I liked the scene at the end there...they lost the race and each other. :lol: Im rooting for TK and Rachel, they're so mellow and get along so well I think they deserve it. Really like all three teams though.

drake3781
Jan 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Yes, all three teams remaining are very good players, and likeable.
TK And Rachel did get a big break on catching up their 3 hour lag by the others having to wait to enter the floating gardens.
I think that Jen is a nutjob, and her boyfriend has no idea how to handle her, making everything even worse (if that is possible) between them. She is really the incarnation of the spoiled, self-centered American of her generation; thinks she can do/say anything and there will be no accountability.

nikita771
Jan 14th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I was so happy to see Nate/Jen get eliminated! This is one of the few times that I like all three teams. I just didn't want Nate and Jen to win and I'm thrilled that they never finished first!

Blu€
Jan 14th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Ohh cant believe they actually were last! Thought it'd be grandpa out, stupid Jenn insisting with the subway + bus, how can that be faster than a taxi :help: (unless you get them all on the exact time!)
Anyways didnt it look suspicious when they all (except TK & Rachel) had to wait 2 hours to get a clue saying "go to taipei"? it seemed so fixed!
Dont really care who wins none of them are charismatic :rolleyes:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Nat and Jen have only themselves to blame for their elimination. Taking a train and then a bus to their destination, while others took a cab? That's a very stupid idea Jen... if the train drops you off at the Detour place, then it's OK.

By the way, I love how Chris played the game in this episode... firstly, telling the girl at the ticket counter in Osaka not to allow / sell tickets to Nat and Jen (I dunno did she follow her instructions, or really there were no more seats, but it sure worked). Then at the bullet train in Taiwan, she asked for a timetable so they will know what is the next train arriving, therefore able to plan ahead. I'm rooting for them to win this race.. :yeah:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Nat and Jen have only themselves to blame for their elimination. Taking a train and then a bus to their destination, while others took a cab? That's a very stupid idea Jen... if the train drops you off at the Detour place, then it's OK.

By the way, I love how Chris played the game in this episode... firstly, telling the girl at the ticket counter in Osaka not to allow / sell tickets to Nat and Jen (I dunno did she follow her instructions, or really there were no more seats, but it sure worked). Then at the bullet train in Taiwan, she asked for a timetable so they will know what is the next train arriving, therefore able to plan ahead. I'm rooting for them to win this race.. :yeah:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Still can't believe he's getting the grandpa to do all the tough tasks. Some questions must be answered young man.
Go Chris!
I was rolling over in laughter when Nate,Jen said traffic is bad let's take a subway then a bus. ya that'll be way faster lmfao :lol:

mckyle.
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:58 AM
My mom's really into this show and I've only watched the last two episodes but thank freaking jesus that annoying blonde bitch is finally gone.

Meesh
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I don't think I've every screamed so loud at the TV! When they showed the footage of one team coming up the walkway, I screamed when I saw grandpa/grandson! :kiss: So glad Nate/Jen were gone! That last little chit chat with them talking about their relationship was a little too much/too late :yawn:

Harju.
Jan 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
TK and Rach :hearts:
Please win.

griffin
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I was rolling over in laughter when Nate,Jen said traffic is bad let's take a subway then a bus. ya that'll be way faster lmfao :lol:

Subway alone I could understand. But do buses not drive in traffic on her planet?

I'll be happy no matter who wins at this point. Even Ron has grown on me - he's still capable of being an ass to Chris, but he does seem to be making a genuine effort to change his behavior and I really respect that.

bee888
Jan 16th, 2008, 03:29 AM
I liked TK and Rachel...
but sometimes they could be a little slow....
They just were really lucky that Nate and jen self destructed....

Go Chris and Ron...

silverwhite
Jan 18th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Go, Ron and Chris!! I can't believe they're still in the race. :lol:

Ellery
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Wow, that was one heck of a finale.

TK and Rachel ran an amazing leg, so kudos to them for a well-deserved victory.

Ron and Chris :hug: So bummed for them. That last scene was so sweet :hug:

Knowing what the roadblock turned out to be, I am so glad Nate and Jen were NOT in the final 3. Can you imagine Jen freaking out :tape: or freaking out that Nate could not do it :scared:

Meesh
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:24 AM
Great ending! That puzzle was crazy! Congrats TK and Rachel!
Don, oldest person to complete Amazing Race :worship:

drake3781
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:38 AM
Wow, that was one heck of a finale.

TK and Rachel ran an amazing leg, so kudos to them for a well-deserved victory.

Ron and Chris :hug: So bummed for them. That last scene was so sweet :hug:

Knowing what the roadblock turned out to be, I am so glad Nate and Jen were NOT in the final 3. Can you imagine Jen freaking out :tape: or freaking out that Nate could not do it :scared:

I would have LOVED to see that, though. They would probably STILL be working on it (and bitching at each other). :lol:

I would have been happy with any team winning. Nice to watch a finale with that feeling... not freaking out hoping the team you don't like doesn't win. :p

TK and Rachel were sort of hard to get a read on... are they really a couple? I guess they are (kiss in the helicopter)... but they crossed the finish line separately and then didn't really hug or celebrate together much. TK is a really good-hearted guy, but I hate that sort of hippie talk he does. Sort of rambles with vague words and takes a long time to get a point across. I think they will do really well with the money.

I was surprised that Christina didn't whiz through that challenge.

Scotso
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:10 AM
TK :hearts:

Blu€
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Wasn't really rooting for anyone but I kinda prefered Chris & Ron winning, just to have a change it's always a couple who wins :yawn: . That final roadblock was really good, shame for Chris she almost got it on her first try :sad: .
Hope we have TAR13 soon!

Ryan
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM
So pumped TK and Rachel won! Definitely the most mellow people I've ever seen on this show, but maybe it was just more apparent because they were the counter to Nate and Jenn's trailer park romance. I think they are a couple drake, but they're newly dating too so they might just decide to be friends. Or, they were just f-in exhausted.

New
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
I was so :sad: when Chris was in tears when she finished the puzzle slower.. I can imagine how she feels... cos there was no way of catching up ...

I liked the way Ron progressed throughout the race from a strict and lack of understanding dad, to someone who is more encouraging at the end...

I really wished they won the 1 million... :sad:

sorry but I felt TK and Rachel is rather boring...:tape:

Brett.
Apr 9th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I just finished watching Season 11, and i was rooting for Paige and Blake to win the amazing race! :awww: They lost. :(

It's a shame to see Oswald and Danny came fourth but they were impressive and not that dumb at all. I really really really HATE Wil! :tape: