PDA

View Full Version : Man jailed for urinating on dying disabled woman

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
how sick and disgusting can one be :fiery:
he's not even human :fiery:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7063366.stm
Man jailed for urinating on woman

A man who urinated on a woman as she lay dying and shouted "this is YouTube material" has been sentenced to three years in prison.

Anthony Anderson also covered Christine Lakinski with shaving foam after she collapsed in a Hartlepool street.
Miss Lakinski, 50, who suffered from a number of medical conditions, was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Anderson, 27, and from Raby Road in the Teesside town, had earlier admitted outraging public decency.
The court heard how, on 27 July, Miss Lakinski was making her way home with a box of laminate flooring when she fell ill and stumbled into a doorway.
Totally shocked
Anderson, a former soldier, had smoked a cannabis joint and been drinking when he and two friends spotted her.
He tried to rouse her by throwing a bucket of water over her, before urinating on her and covering her with shaving foam.
A crowd had gathered around, watching and laughing, and the incident was filmed on a mobile phone.
She was later declared dead at the scene, the cause of death being given as pancreatic failure.
Magistrates in Hartlepool had referred the case to Teesside Crown Court so a longer jail term could be handed out.
Judge Peter Fox, the recorder of Middlesbrough sitting at Teesside Crown Court, said: "You violated this woman in an incredible way, and the shocking nature of your acts over a prolonged period of time must mean that a prison sentence of greater length is appropriate in this case."
'Sick and inhumane'
Outside court, Miss Lakinski's family said in a statement: "We remain totally shocked that anyone could behave in such an appalling way.
"The fact that Christine was dying makes this man's actions even more sick and inhumane.
"However, those who stood by and did nothing to stop Anderson are also guilty in our eyes.
"It beggars belief that these people chose not only to condone his cruelty, but also to walk away from a neighbour who was clearly in distress and needed help." The family statement added that Christine had "faced immense challenges throughout her life", yet still had managed to "forge an independent life for herself".

Brett.
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Jeez, that's nasty.
I feel sorry for her. :sad:

Ryan
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Thats pretty sickening. Im almost more appalled by the people watching and laughing - DO something you idiots. Filming the incident does NOT count.

Mattographer
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:42 AM
That is a good example to tell YouTube need to approve clips first before go on the website!

daniela86
Oct 27th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Thats pretty sickening. Im almost more appalled by the people watching and laughing - DO something you idiots. Filming the incident does NOT count.

Indeed :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Horrible. Surely he should have got a tougher sentence?

I just don't know what to amke of such a person. What would make someone think that is an acceptable thing to do?

shrOOf
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Horrible. :sad:

Natalicious
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM
horrible -,-

Effy
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
bastards.

hdfb
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:30 PM
That is just unforgivable. I will never understand how someone can consciously make a decision to do such a thing.

Meteor Shower
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:46 PM
thats what happens when you smoke and drink too much your brain cells go crazy
i bet his friends told him to do that because its funny. obviously he doesn't have a brain to realize its not

Cilla
Oct 27th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Disgrace.

Scotso
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Everyone there should be charged with negligent homicide.

Elwin.
Oct 27th, 2007, 09:16 PM
That's horrible :sad:

mckyle.
Oct 27th, 2007, 09:18 PM
that man has a piss-poor attitude

venus_rulez
Oct 27th, 2007, 10:23 PM
There must not have been any good samaritan laws where this happened because the people who stood by and laughed and watched should be jailed too. Just absolutely dispicable.

Halardfan
Oct 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Id see myself as a liberal, but I think its hard to sustain a liberal position in the face of such an act...

He will serve probably a year and a half in jail. If he was locked up forever I wouldnt raise a complaint in this case, plus lengthy sentences for his friends.

Edward.
Oct 27th, 2007, 10:45 PM
England is such a charming country.

meyerpl
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:16 AM
This and that "leave Britney alone" guy are the two most screwed up ideas for youtube to date.

drake3781
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Horrible.

The worst thing like this I've ever seen is a large crowd who knocked a drunk man down, gathered round, then individuals from the crowd repeatedly came out and took a running kick at him, then ran back into the crowd. Also he had a 6 pack of beer in bottles, and the people would pick up a bottle and throw it down on him, breaking the bottle onto him. It was a large crowd but nobody stopped them, and nobody helped him - they seemed to find it a form of entertainment. It was outside a bar and when I saw what was happening, I went back into the bar and got somebody to help me drag him out of the crowd and to the edge of the building. It was very scary but something took over and I didn't care what might have happened to me.

meyerpl
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Horrible.

The worst thing like this I've ever seen is a large crowd who knocked a drunk man down, gathered round, then individuals from the crowd repeatedly came out and took a running kick at him, then ran back into the crowd. Also he had a 6 pack of beer in bottles, and the people would pick up a bottle and throw it down on him, breaking the bottle onto him. It was a large crowd but nobody stopped them, and nobody helped him - they seemed to find it a form of entertainment. It was outside a bar and when I saw what was happening, I went back into the bar and got somebody to help me drag him out of the crowd and to the edge of the building. It was very scary but something took over and I didn't care what might have happened to me.
Sickening. A sensless waste of beer too.

drake3781
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Sickening. A sensless waste of beer too.

:p

I forgot to mention, after a person kicked him, he would give a jump and a cheer, like maybe he had scored a goal or something. :o :mad:

Pasta-Na
Oct 28th, 2007, 07:27 AM
maybe he thought his pee could heal that woman? :shrug:

Direwolf
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM
somehow..

i knew that this
was from UK..

i dont know why..

Olórin
Oct 28th, 2007, 11:37 PM

My thoughts exactly. How any of these people can go about their lives feeling "clean" and deserving of a place on this planet is beyond me.

Dawn Marie
Oct 28th, 2007, 11:48 PM
those in the crowd should get sentenced like the idiot who did the crime.

Pasta-Na
Oct 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
England is such a charming country.

i love ur photo :haha:

esquímaux
Oct 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Thats pretty sickening. Im almost more appalled by the people watching and laughing - DO something you idiots. Filming the incident does NOT count.Diffusion of responsibility? :shrug: Pretty horrifying and sickening acts indeed. http://1.myfreebulletinboard.com/wta/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

sfselesfan
Oct 30th, 2007, 07:03 PM

They can't be, unless there is a good samaritan law in the jurisdiction (and most places don't have them). There is no duty to aid. There is a duty to aid once you begin assistance. So, arguably, by trying to wake her by throwing water on her he may have exposed himself to a tougher sentence.

Horrible.

SF