PDA

View Full Version : My face keeps breaking out =(

Forever More
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I am so frustrated everyone. I have had acne from 13 years of age to 18.. and finally the past year, my acne cleared up due to my lifestyle changes and my acne regimen. But lately, the whole right side of my face has been breaking out. :sad: and it's so frustrating.. I finally get rid of it and it comes back with a vengeance.
It makes me feel so uncomfortable and I can't have fun with pimples on my face, because I'm so self conscious about it. :( The worst part is the red marks that are left behind, its just so unattractive. :sad: But strangely, I don't have acne anywhere but my right cheek. I don't get that.

Does anyone know any remedies to heal the red marks quickly? I get so OCD when this happens. Thanks everyone :hearts: love to you all :kiss:

IceSkaTennisFan
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Is the side of your face that you're getting breakouts on the same side you sleep on?

Mattographer
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:40 AM
http://www.proactiv.com/

BTW - I'm 22 years old and never had acne in my whole life so, I can't really help you with that one :p

Try the link I gave you cos I saw it on a magazine about the product not long ago :lol:

xr6turbo
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Try proactiv. It's awesome. :)

IceSkaTennisFan
Oct 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Proactiv was good for me, but it was basically just teaching me to wash my face more regularly. I switched over to noxema and with the same regimen, it worked about as well and at a much smaller cost.

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM
sounds wierd... but try it - put a small amount of eyedrops on cotton wool and apply to red "spots"..... sounds odd i know but it works. ProActiv is great.... Teatree products are also quite good.

How is your diet? drink LOTS of water and dont sleep on your side!

wta_zuperfann
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I also had a terrible case of acne as a kid. Once I gave up eating sugar my face cleared up.

Tennace
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I think washing your face with toothpaste works, or for most people it does.

IceSkaTennisFan
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I think washing your face with toothpaste works, or for most people it does.
I've never heard of that one, but if they washed with my toothpaste :help:

ce
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM
well i cant really help you
i heard Proactiv is great

drake3781
Oct 27th, 2007, 07:45 PM
My dermatologist always says to not ever touch your face (except for washing of course).

Some things to try/incorporate:

Wash with regular soap and water about 3x per day - nothing harsh or special needed - just keeping your skin clean. Use a washcloth for a small amount of exfoliation. Don't overwash/scrub or you will dry your skin and cause other issues.

Look for something at the drugstore that works overnight. Put that on every night and wash off in the morning. Do not get anything too harsh.

I think something is happening at night based on your "right side only" description, so this is a good idea to try.

Recognize sources of stress and find ways to eliminate them.

Buy a tanning pass, but only go once every two weeks (and don't overdo each visit, it even at that interval).

mckyle.
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Diet doesn't affect acne.

wta_zuperfann
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Diet doesn't affect acne.

If this is true, then I'm the exception that makes the rule.

mckyle.
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:59 PM
If this is true, then I'm the exception that makes the rule.

My dermatologist told me this. Who knows?

esquímaux
Oct 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe you should take up facials :hehehe:;)

mirzalover
Oct 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Wash you cover and pillows. The oil from your face get on your pillows and covers. Anyone who has white pillows knows what I'm talking about.

Belco
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe you should take up facials :hehehe:;)

:rolls: :lol: :tape:

Never had acme but i know a person who had a MAJOR case of it their teenage life and it was devastating the amount of damage it done to her face :help: She has perm craters on her face..

But that laser treatment helped a a little (to fix the aftermath of acme)

Alot of people say the goal is to wash ur face a lot. dont live a dirty life

~Eclipsed~
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Well if you've had acne that long, then i'm pretty sure none of the previous responders' help is going to work for you(Proactiv might).

I would look into accutane if i was you. I tried everything from the dermatologist for two years before they put me on accutane. It worked amazingly. Although with something working as good as it did, there are some negative side effects:

1.)it's dangerous-can make you feel depressed/suicidal. Although i really haven't heard of anyone lately feeling. I think that was only when the pill was first introduced.

2.) you have to get monthly blood work for 5-6 months(or however long your dermatologist puts you on it). This is to check that it's not hurting your liver or anything.

3.) you have to watch if you're sexually active because if you got a girl pregnant it could severely mess up the baby. Or are you a girl? If you're a girl then you actually have a couple more precautions to take.:tape:

Positives:

1.) You don't have to worry about simple things anymore like if you sleep on your side or not, touching your face, etc.

2.) It permanently takes acne away. I've been off it for over a month now and i haven't had a single outbreak(let alone single pimple). This coming from someone who had acne on their face, chest, back, and shoulders.

3.)Most of all you won't feel self conscious anymore.:)

Here's a link for more info: http://www.drugs.com/accutane.html

Here's another link for more info about accutane or any other acne related questions you might have: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/

esquímaux
Oct 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Okay, okay, I'll give you a more healthy useful suggestion. Try out the TriClear line of products. They actually work when I get an acne patch here and there. The TriClear set includes 3 bottles. The 1st bottle is to cleanse the face. The 2nd bottle has a masque that dries up tight in 10 minutes (drawing out the impurities). And the 3rd bottle has a very medication-smelling lotion.

Pros: Routine takes less than 20 minutes, I used it once a day (less than the prescribe 3 times) and still got exceptional results, and it's simple.

Con: Make sure you wash your face THOROUGHLY to get off all the masque after it's dried up. Otherwise some maybe be left on your face and will dry up again. Also, I looked like a grease monkey after applying the lotion from bottle #3. :tape::lol:

LoveFifteen
Oct 30th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I use ProActiv. It is excellent. The lotion (3rs step) heals scars, too. I have had a scar on my forehead since I was two years old. It's almost disappeared since I started using Proactiv. I swear by it. My skin looks great.

When you order it, order two sets because you will run out of product before your next order arrives. Trust me, you will LOVE Proactiv.

Hachiko
Oct 30th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I use ProActiv but it only works effectively if you use it religiously. And I'm lazy, so. I can't stand having even a couple of spots so I'm on prescription drugs which work great, I don't get blemishes anymore. Just as your local doctor for them. You just take one at a meal twice a day.

No Name Face
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:56 AM
Does ProActiv help with pimples from shaving? I have really sensitive skin and for some reason, my facial hair grows back faster and faster now...so if I don't shave for a day, when I do, I get these red bumps. They go away within a day, but I hate having blemishes and I'm worried about them scarring...? Help?

Acne medications don't usually work that well with me...normally it just makes my face burn. Is ProActiv different? I never had serious acne, but these 1-day red bumps is a little annoying for me.

~Eclipsed~
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:50 AM
Ok i'm not trying to go on a pro-accutane rant here, but one thing better about it than proactiv is after 5-6 months you're done. Whereas proactiv you have to apply different types of lotions and creams a few times a day, everyday for years to keep your acne under control. I'm not sure if Proactiv can actually get rid of your acne for good...

Forever More
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:52 AM
:awww: Everyone here is so nice and supportive, that is really heart-warming, thank you, I mean it.

Well I took someone's advice about the pillows, so lately I have been washing my pillow cover every 2 days instead of once a week, and guess what? NO MORE BREAKOUTS! And the other ones that I got from a week ago are fading away thanks to some apricot scrub and a healing zinc mask I bought.

Once again, thanks everyone! :) and hopefully this thread helped some other people who suffer from breakouts from time to time as well.

:wavey:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:02 AM
Does ProActiv help with pimples from shaving? I have really sensitive skin and for some reason, my facial hair grows back faster and faster now...so if I don't shave for a day, when I do, I get these red bumps. They go away within a day, but I hate having blemishes and I'm worried about them scarring...? Help?

I have the exact same problem after shaving, with the little lumps/bumps, but sometimes they stay for several days. :fiery:

:shrug: I don't and never have had serious acne problems, but do suffer from ingrown hairs ........... any solution for ingrown hairs or why I regularly get them? :help:

Scotso
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:14 AM
You could have had an allergic reaction to something if washing a pillow made it go away like that.

Well if you've had acne that long, then i'm pretty sure none of the previous responders' help is going to work for you(Proactiv might).

I would look into accutane if i was you. I tried everything from the dermatologist for two years before they put me on accutane. It worked amazingly. Although with something working as good as it did, there are some negative side effects:

You didn't seem to suffer that much. I had really bad acne as a young teen, and I went on accutane. It was absolute hell. I got serious infections that made my skin almost rot off and such. I managed to stick it out, and I don't really get acne since... but I don't know... I don't think it was worth it. I still have back pains from it, and my skin is always extremely dry. I don't really think accutane should be used by anyone... it has horrible side effects seen by a huge percentage of the people that use it. Sure, for some people it's not bad, and it works completely for almost everyone... but it's like playing Russian roulette. There are a lot of very, very bad side effects. But if you want to take the risk, go ahead and pull the trigger. I would warn people against it.

If it keeps coming back or happening, all I can really say is that you should go to a dermatologist. Only they can tell you what might be best for you. An antibiotic might help you, something like that. Also, if you're going all "OCD" about it, then you might be overwashing and drying out your skin too much. People mistake having moisturized skin for skin being oily. It's important to use a good facial lotion.

And lastly, the other thing I can tell you is that acne isn't a big deal, so try not to stress out about it. Almost everyone gets it, and it goes away. I was obsessed with my acne when I had it, but after it was cured I realized that I stopped thinking about acne at all - I rarely even notice it in other people unless it's -really- bad, and that's only like .01% of teens. It's really not a big deal, and it doesn't make you ugly.

Scotso
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:21 AM

Acne medications don't usually work that well with me...normally it just makes my face burn. Is ProActiv different? I never had serious acne, but these 1-day red bumps is a little annoying for me.

I have the exact same problem after shaving, with the little lumps/bumps, but sometimes they stay for several days. :fiery:

:shrug: I don't and never have had serious acne problems, but do suffer from ingrown hairs ........... any solution for ingrown hairs or why I regularly get them? :help:

That's razor burn. You're either shaving too close or you need to get a different shaver. One of the electric ones that release lotion would be good. It happens because the razor irritates the skin.

The ingrown hairs you're getting are also likely because of the razor burn, you're probably shaving too close. Try trimming your hair really short rather than actually shaving it off.