PDA

View Full Version : Ashlee Simpson or Avril Lavigne?

Forever More
Oct 26th, 2007, 01:12 AM
I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm quite a fan of Ashlee Simpson. Her music is fun to listen to, and some songs are actually quite meaningful, despite what people say about her. I remember when she first came out, everyone was raving on how good the album was and how talented she was, then she had the SNL incident happen and now she has been bunched together with the Paris Hiltons and the Lindsay Lohans and the Britney Spearses, where it is a social stigma to hate everything they do. People won't admit that the music is quite good in itself.

I have both of Ashlee's albums and they are both so catchy & fun, something I can't quite find in Avril's albums. I'm quite excited for Ashlee's next album out in early 2008, as she will be going a more dancey route with beats and such. With Ashlee, she has made progression with her music.. to me, all of Avril's albums sound the same. Punk-pop, over & over. Ashlee's Autobiography & I Am Me are quite similar as well, but the third album is going to be totally different, something Avril should take a hint from.

Avril tries too hard to be "badass" and "rebellious", it has been said since she first rose to fame in 2002. With Ashlee, you get the real her. She doesn't try to start shit or be something that she is not, she is just herself (even though I will admit she is kinda boring in real life). Avril is just loud and reminds me of a squealing piglet that has been injected with testosterone.

Vincey!
Oct 26th, 2007, 01:28 AM
OMG! :lol:..Avril Lavigne is way more talented than Ashlee Simpson, first she made her name by herself, her dad didn't give her a reality show to make her famous, and her sister wasn't a famous singer. Ashlee took dvantage of her sister and family to avance in music, she was alwaysI don't wanna be lik my sister, I'm different, I don't wanna be famous because Jessica is my sister, but in doing that she knew people would look at her. Avril came from a small town and was singing at the church... she made all the work done and always did what she wanted, she kinda popularized the punk/rock singing by a women. What Ashlee simpson just copied.

Ashlee first 2 albums were just identical, but Avril had some varieties in it, first album was really more punk and rebel, the second was more rock and emotive, and her third one is was popper, it's now kinda pop/punk if that is possible. And the new Ashlee album hasn't came out yet, so whoeven know how different it is, and to me her new song, is just a proof that all she wants it's being famous, she is doing what is popular at the moment, changement is good, but you have to stay in the same zone than before.

you said that Avril was loud and all, but Ashlee sing like a duck that you are stranggling, and she made lipsinc, what Avril never did.

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 26th, 2007, 01:53 AM
I have to say, I'm a fan of both of these "artist".

I prefer Avril though because for me I can only tolerate Ashley in remixes.

Avril does have some beautiful mid-tempo ballads.

miffedmax
Oct 26th, 2007, 04:29 AM
If that's my choice, I tear my own ears off and puncture my eardrums with a pencil.

williams.i.am
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
avril got this. :lol:

sfselesfan
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I despise both. But arguably, Avril has an ounce of talent in her under fed body. Ashlee is so talentless she arguably sucks the talent out of others in her general vicinity. I made the mistake of watching her perform live on television once (when she was trying to actually "sing") and I still have nightmares.

Ashlee makes Britney Spears' performance at the recent VMAs (or wherever that trainwreck was) look good.

SF

Scotso
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I like Ashlee, her songs are catchy.

Avril annoys me to no end.

svetaisthebest
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Don't really like both but I'd have to go with Ashlee Simpson .Avril Lavigne's music is pretty annoying .

V-MAC
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm quite a fan of Ashlee Simpson. Her music is fun to listen to, and some songs are actually quite meaningful, despite what people say about her. I remember when she first came out, everyone was raving on how good the album was and how talented she was, then she had the SNL incident happen and now she has been bunched together with the Paris Hiltons and the Lindsay Lohans and the Britney Spearses, where it is a social stigma to hate everything they do. People won't admit that the music is quite good in itself.

I have both of Ashlee's albums and they are both so catchy & fun, something I can't quite find in Avril's albums. I'm quite excited for Ashlee's next album out in early 2008, as she will be going a more dancey route with beats and such. With Ashlee, she has made progression with her music.. to me, all of Avril's albums sound the same. Punk-pop, over & over. Ashlee's Autobiography & I Am Me are quite similar as well, but the third album is going to be totally different, something Avril should take a hint from.

Avril tries too hard to be "badass" and "rebellious", it has been said since she first rose to fame in 2002. With Ashlee, you get the real her. She doesn't try to start shit or be something that she is not, she is just herself (even though I will admit she is kinda boring in real life). Avril is just loud and reminds me of a squealing piglet that has been injected with testosterone.

:o :o :o :o :scared: :o :o :o

I know what you mean about her meaningful songs though. LaLa is a lyrical masterpiece - "You make me wanna lala on the kitchen and the floor, I'll be your French maid, come and meet you at the door" :worship:

supergrunt
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
:o :o :o :o :scared: :o :o :o

I know what you mean about her meaningful songs though. LaLa is a lyrical masterpiece - "You make me wanna lala on the kitchen and the floor, I'll be your French maid, come and meet you at the door" :worship:

:haha:

Ashlee's songs are catchier though.

jamatthews
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Got to go with Avril. A fairer matchup would be Ashlee Simpson vs Hilary Duff, but I haven't heard an Ashlee song that's as good as Come Clean.

Hashim.
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Avril by far :p

Martian KC
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Ashlee has a better voice.:shrug:

avril is just an annoying tart.

KennyChante4ever
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
:haha:

Ashlee's songs are catchier though.

I think so too! This is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2eUCfREAbw

;)

flyingmachine
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Avril is more talented than Ashlee by a mile.

flyingmachine
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Oh yeah did you know there is a Arcade Fire's song about Ashlee's father. :tape: