PDA

View Full Version : Practice Session

Drake1980
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Today I decided to go to the Courts where I was told(by Charlda) where the players would be practicing so I drove my bike down there as it`s not to far from where I`m staying. The tennis club is at the bottom of this huge hill and so as I`m riding my bike down I see a player in the parking lot doing her warm up excersises. As I get up to the club and ride by her I realise it is none other than Vera Zvonareva. I thought it was so cool the first player I see is Vera especially considering I picked her to win the Tournament like 2 months ago. Then I go into the club where I immediately see Marie-Eve Pelletier walk by and she kind of stares at me like who is he because she has so me so many times this year.:lol: There are two courts there for the players to practice and they are the 2 closet to the windows plus there is a balcony to watch. The first player I see on the courts in Sofia Arvidsson, she is practicing with Klepac ,and Sofia is playing incredible, hitting the ball so hard and clean. She could really be a threat again this year. She was killing Klepac. Klepac even had to laugh a few times. On the court beside them there was Jidkova playing with Erakovic. Jidkova didn`t look to impressive, Marina definately stronger. Then those 2 courts emptied and Marie-Eve went on with Alves and looked quite good. It was the first time I have seen Alves and she was pretty cool, tall skinny girl with a left handed game. Beside them was Vera and her hitting partner. Vera was hitting amazing. I stayed for a while and as I was leaving I saw Tetrault and Huet with their parents. Was a nice day down there!:D

drake3781
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM
:eek: I've been to plenty of tournaments, but the only one I'd recognize from that group is Zvonareva.

Where was the club... ? And you could just walk in?

Hope you have fun.

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Arvidsson ;)

Drake1980
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:07 AM
The club is in Quebec City and yes I just walked right in. I almost didn`t recognise Vera when I drove by on the bike. It`s quite remarkable how different players look in person. Vera is very beautiful and very slender! She also wasn`t wearing a hat:lol: I wasn`t convinced until I saw her Under Armour clothing:lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 26th, 2007, 04:32 AM
I feel so useful now.

Glad to see Val is in town with Marie-Pier. I can't wait to see her and her family on saturday.

Did Mara look injured or sthing? Cause she did pull out of Augusta like 2 days ago and is already in Qc City...

BTW, I just arrived in Quebec City too Todd.

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Jidkova :sad: but sounds like you had fun Drake 1980 :yeah:

Keaka
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Klepac was that bad, she was losing to Arvidsson big time???It's not anything against Arvidsson, but she even was dictating against Henin, and she didn't against Arvidsson?

She should take a break from the tour for a year :lol:

Drake1980
Oct 26th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Just went to the club again!! Guess who I saw! Maureen Drake!!!:hearts: She was practicing with Gingras. Also I saw Foretz, Tetrault, and Shulaeva practicing together, while Craybas, Fichman, and Bachmann were waiting to practice. I also saw Castano was scheduled to practice later so she is there officially.:woohoo:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 27th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Have fun Todd and CharlDa :yeah: :D

isabellea
Oct 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Have you seen Alize Cornet????