PDA

View Full Version : The Cruel Truth About Factory Farms

Warrior
Oct 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/10/25/the-cruel-truth-about-factory-farms-don-t-read-if-you-re-squeamish.aspx
Corporations have turned family-farming methods into cost-saving, mass-production strategies, which endanger public health and treat animals cruelly.

Also known as large confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs), factory farms treat animals like production units, and the result is poor food quality for you, and inhumane conditions for the animals.

Consider some of the ingredients commonly used in factory-farmed animal feed:

Excessive grains, fed to animals designed to eat grass

Plastic pellets, fed to animals as “roughage” because the factory diet doesn’t contain natural fiber

Meat from their own species, turning farm animals into cannibals (this practice has also been linked to the spread of mad cow disease)

Animal byproducts, such as feathers, blood, intestines, euthanized cats and dogs, and road kill

Drugs and chemicals, including antibiotics (an estimated 13.5 million pounds each year) and antimicrobials (which promote the accumulation of arsenic in chickens)Antibiotics fed to factory-farmed animals are so grossly overused that they are contributing to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the United States.

Meanwhile, according to this NewsTarget.com article, “Approximately 95% of factory-raised animals are subject to deplorable conditions such as overcrowding, hunger, thirst, and sometimes-fatal weather extremes. Many times, they are kept conscious or even skinned alive during the process of slaughtering.”

Read even more:

NewsTarget.com October 8, 2007 (http://www.newstarget.com/022101.html)

Ilikebigboobies
Oct 25th, 2007, 02:56 PM
This annoys me soo fucking much. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

And I seen the mink fur coat video a while back.. where they skinned alive the mink.. worst thing I have EVER EVER seen.. and not much could ever top that.

People just must not have hearts. Pathetic.

Warrior
Oct 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM
After reading all that I am glad that I am a vegetarian.

Ilikebigboobies
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I used to be. :lol:

Well I always have eaten seafood.. But it has always been stuff we caught ourselves. :p

And now, I do eat some meat and stuff, but still not a great deal.

Donny
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Meanwhile, according to this NewsTarget.com article, “Approximately 95% of factory-raised animals are subject to deplorable conditions such as overcrowding, hunger, thirst, and sometimes-fatal weather extremes. Many times, they are kept conscious or even skinned alive during the process of slaughtering.”

Death is still worst than inhumane conditions, or even torture. So apart from actually suggesting that killing animals for meat be outlawed, I see no credibility to these types of article.

Sam L
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Death is still worst than inhumane conditions, or even torture. So apart from actually suggesting that killing animals for meat be outlawed, I see no credibility to these types of article.

Are you kidding me? Taking aside the animal cruelty issue, have you read about people who've suffered from cancer or people who've been tortured? Trust me, death is not the worst thing for animals or humans.

You can definitely breed and kill animals in a humane way for food.

To those people who are concerned, I suggest you look into organic food choices.

Ilikebigboobies
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Have you seen what some of these animals go through?

Death would be 'sweet relief' for more then plenty.
And as cruel as it is to say, it's the truth.

meyerpl
Oct 26th, 2007, 01:44 AM
I have a friend who won't eat commercially raised meat because of inhumane conditions on factory farms, which means she pretty much doesn't eat meat at all. I occasionally share venison from wild deer with her, which she regards as a treat. She'll say, in reference to the venison, "I assume this animal had a pretty good life in the wild." She believes, as do I, that quality of life is more important than life vs. death. We all have to die but we hope to live well.