PDA

View Full Version : Dilemmadotcom - MacBook or PC Laptop. (???)

new-york
Oct 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM
what would be your choice. (???)
http://www.steakhache.info/images/mac/macbook-black-back-white-apple.png
http://www.ixbt.com/cm/news/2007/m07/vaio-cr1.jpg

sfselesfan
Oct 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Mac is truly superior these days. I have both and don't ever touch my PC laptop anymore now that my MacbookPro runs Windows when I need it (which isn't often).

SF

Rocketta
Oct 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
If I was made of money, Mac all the way. :yeah:

Nicjac
Oct 25th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Well, I work with Windows. Because my company decided that several years ago. I am so used to it that I do not really care (or think about it) anymore. Still, I admit that I have that little and beautiful MacBook hiding in my closet for secret pleasures.

If I could decide - Mac all the way.

But hey, don't listen to me. I am a woman. We buy design, not function. ;)

Cavanaugh
Oct 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I work with Windows. Because my company decided that several years ago. I am so used to it that I do not really care (or think about it) anymore. Still, I admit that I have that little and beautiful MacBook hiding in my closet for secret pleasures.

If I could decide - Mac all the way.

But hey, don't listen to me. I am a woman. We buy design, not function. ;)

Is yours Pink? The laptop, that is. ;) :)

sfselesfan
Oct 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Mac vs. PC

is like

BMW vs. Buick

SF

drake3781
Oct 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I have a Sony VAIO laptop and absolutely love it! It is thin, stylish, does everything I need to do, and I have had no issues in 2.5 years with it.

(Many years ago I made the decision to avoid/ignore all Mac vs. PC discussion, so I won't venture there. :p )

drake3781
Oct 25th, 2007, 11:01 PM

Don't I know you from somewhere? ;)

Nicjac
Oct 26th, 2007, 07:27 AM

Well, it isn't pink, but definitely colour-coordinated. ;)

And Sony Vaio :hearts:

Edward.
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
MAC MAC MAC all the way.

Stay away from the virus that is Windows.

Cersei
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Mac :bowdown:

new-york
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:53 PM
the thing is that i've been told that you have to convert all lot of things with mac for the pc type and since everydy is pcing that coul dbe annoying.

but i like the MacBooks more and the system too.

i want the black one.:hearts:

Yasmine
Oct 26th, 2007, 05:22 PM
are you willing to chose the computer according to its colour? :lol: I'm a PC person so wouldn't advise you to go for a mac:o

sfselesfan
Oct 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I have a MacBook Pro and a Vaio laptop. The Vaio is newer...and I never use it. There's no comparison.

As far as converting things, I never have to. I've recently changed jobs, but before that I was at a law office that was PC based. I was easily able to network my Mac with the PC system. There's a program you install called "Parallels" and it runs PC in a separate window on your desktop. You can run Mac applications at the same time as Windows. You can even drag files out of the PC applications and drop them onto the Mac desktop (and vice versa). I can even have a monitor hooked up to my laptop, and run PC on the monitor and Mac on my laptop...at the same time. It's awesome.

Vaio laptops are okay, but they are not as well made as Macs. I've had two. The first one was flimsy (the "I" button came off). The second one is a little more sturdy, but doesn't compare to my Mac. We got it so my partner could have a laptop at home to surf wirelessly. Even now, he doesn't use it...he uses my computer. My mom has both as well (she's a network engineer). She doesn't use her Vaio either.

Macs that have the ability to run Windows software are superior to any personal computer out there right now. Hands down. They're awesome.

SF

Nicjac
Oct 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
are you willing to chose the computer according to its colour? :lol: I'm a PC person so wouldn't advise you to go for a mac:o

Gee, Yas, just sneak a quick peek at the black one ... it looks stylish on a desk, sophisticated on the lap in an airport lounge, professional at a meeting with computer geeks, and just awesome next to a knee-high white/brown/beige/black and even frilly winter coat. Who could resist at this time of the year? ;)

Who cares if it works :p

Yasmine
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Gee, Yas, just sneak a quick peek at the black one ... it looks stylish on a desk, sophisticated on the lap in an airport lounge, professional at a meeting with computer geeks, and just awesome next to a knee-high white/brown/beige/black and even frilly winter coat. Who could resist at this time of the year? ;)

Who cares if it works :p
oh telling me it looks stylish is enough for me to make me go the opposite side :lol:

alelysafina
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Mac.
I used a PC for years but last January I decided to switch to mac because my pc laptop was a little too big (15in) and it was getting to heavy for me to carry to school everyday. I got the 13.3in macbook in white and I can sincerely say that I would NEVER EVER go back to pc.

My sister has a pc and I hate having to use it. Get a mac, it takes a bit to get used to but afterwards you'll find it's easier and never want to go back.

Nicjac
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Somehow the smileys I put into my posts do not appear > bug reporting section. Or upgrade to Mac :hearts: ... Hm, that smiley doesn't work either. Do somethin', Yas, :sticksouttonguebutnothingappears:

I think gadgets have different functions - to either appear cool (= Ipod (you could buy a much cheaper device offering all the same features, it just doesn't feature the white earphones) or to function. I like design - and I do stand for that corrected.

No Name Face
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Mac is truly superior these days. I have both and don't ever touch my PC laptop anymore now that my MacbookPro runs Windows when I need it (which isn't often).

SF

what he says...it takes a while to get used to the mac (and i run windows from it whenever i need to) but it's a million times better. i love my macbook.

Elisse
Oct 27th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Mac :hearts: :worship:

new-york
Oct 27th, 2007, 12:44 AM

:lol:.

the style is a factor, in that category, the black Mac tops them all.:cool:
then you have the cool system & bingo.

i'll get the mac, thanx you all.

i won't have the big apple sn for nothing.:p