PDA

View Full Version : What player reminds you the most of Mary?

stefi62
Oct 25th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Hey guys,

It's been almost a year now! As far as I am concerned, I'll always keep Mary first in my heart, but well, as a tennis fan, I moved on and started following other players.
But I realized that in the players I like, there is always a little something that reminds me of Mary. And sometimes, I look at them and say to myself "oh gosh, that's a Mary!". For instance, when Julia Vakulenko hits a ball hard on her forehand, she reminds me of Mary so much!!! I told her and she was so pleased!!!
Or even just Julia's attitude in general, that's so Mary when she was younger, she can totally let a match go if nothing goes her way! Or the fact she can win any top player on a great day, and lose to some 400 something player the day after!
Aravane's forehand also reminds me of Mary sometimes.

Do you happen to feel the same with some players? Or maybe I am the only one who desperately seeks for Mary's spirit in other players?

MistyGrey
Oct 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Looks wise... Anna Chakvetadze. Anna C has a very different playing style and personality, but still she has an uncanny resemblance with Mary.
At this years RG, Ana Ivanovic reminded me of Mary with the huge forehands, smiles and fist pumps... Too bad her final ended up just like Mary's 2005 final :o

bombardierm
Oct 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Totally agree with you on Vakulenko, her first impressions reminded me of Mary. In fact Hantuchova too, her walk and her tendency to win against top players on a great day and lose to a lower ranked player the day after

And Its not just you Stefi, I seek her spirit in other athletes as well. The champion pole vaulter yelena isinbayeva reminds me so much of Mary. Her hairdo, the way she preens the hair and the way she gets the crowd involved.

But there's only one Mary

MPStylee
Nov 10th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Anna C definitely looks like Mary!!! It's cool!

Andy.
Nov 10th, 2007, 02:53 AM
In terms of actual game I would say Ana Ivanovic is the closest to Mary.

Kirill_M
Nov 11th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Alona Bondarenko

http://i027.radikal.ru/0711/8e/2e72e6ea9415.jpg http://i020.radikal.ru/0711/6c/d77bb3b0a9e9.jpg