PDA

View Full Version : brussels, belgium

polly
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
I am off to brussels next sunday for 5 days, i wonder what is definitely well worth seeing there. we are also hoping to go to bruges for a day and we are off to luxembourg for a day

Elwin.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
This should be in ' non tennis '

:weirdo:

MLF
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
There are some nice sites to see in Brussels but to be honest it's a very business orientated city due to the EU headquarters being there obviously.

Antwerp is much more fun with more to do ( about 45 mins away by train ) and Bruges and Ghent are much prettier.

thrust
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
There are some nice sites to see in Brussels but to be honest it's a very business orientated city due to the EU headquarters being there obviously.

Antwerp is much more fun with more to do ( about 45 mins away by train ) and Bruges and Ghent are much prettier.

Bruges is fantastic, a must SEE! Ghent is wonderful too. Take the Brussels bus tour, but spend some time in the Grand Platz. Incredible archetecture and art in Bruges, Ghent and Brussels.

pigmalion
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Here is the 'places to be' in Brussels :

-La Grand Place (in the center), just the beautiful place in the world ;)
-The "Mont des arts" area
(This area is situated half way between the wide avenues of Brussels' Park and the lovely gardens of Petit Sablon and Egmont, it is the transition between the 'upper' and 'lower' town areas of Brussels. There are museums, theatres and historical monuments attracting both locals and visitors alike.)
and next, just check this site, http://www.centralr.fr/attraction.asp?attID=62&cid=19&ctid=182&tid=1330
In the bottom of the page there is a list of the things to see in Brussels;)

juki
Oct 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
The best part of Bruxelles is the area around the grand place. It's kind of touristy but there are lots of cool stuff in the area, just walk around in the area and you'll find stuff to do no matter what you like. Museums, shopping, churches, art galleries, restaurants are all in the area.

Agree with everyone else said, but also the atonium is pretty cool, you can get the best views of Bruxelles from their.

Brugge is probably my favorite city, like out of fairytales. And, if you have time go to Knokke on the coast, its not far from Brugge, and I love the architecture, shops, restaurants there.

Maajken
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
if i were you i'd spend one day in brussel and the rest in brugge and gent ;)

-Ph51-
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
The best part of Bruxelles is the area around the grand place. It's kind of touristy but there are lots of cool stuff in the area, just walk around in the area and you'll find stuff to do no matter what you like. Museums, shopping, churches, art galleries, restaurants are all in the area.

Agree with everyone else said, but also the atonium is pretty cool, you can get the best views of Bruxelles from their.

Brugge is probably my favorite city, like out of fairytales. And, if you have time go to Knokke on the coast, its not far from Brugge, and I love the architecture, shops, restaurants there.

Brussel! :devil:

Whatzup
Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
Amsterdam! ;) Not too far away!

No I prefer Bruges and Gent much more than Brussel, but it's also a nice city but indeed more business orientated.

polly
Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
we are going to spend about 2 days in brussels, and go to bruges for a day and we are also going luxembourg for a day, part of our trip to luxembourg includes han-sur-lesse caves, luxembourg city and the ardennes region and a place called dinant in southern belgium i think.

Uranus
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Brussels is great.
Bruges is amazing. :hearts: Esp. when it's sunny (& warm). Atm it's damn cold. :unsure:
Dinant is nice to see, maybe Durbuy, too.
Oh, btw, Liege is nice too: I'm there. :lol:

Kart
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Eat chocolate.

I can't remember what else I did there.

polly
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
maybe we might meet for a drink in liege;)

Pasta-Na
Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:19 AM
just go visiting juju's birth hospital and kim's parents.

Yasmine
Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Eat chocolate.

I can't remember what else I did there.
and waffles :drool:

I just love Brussels, went there several times. Bruges is lovely too :hearts:

Bart
Oct 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
we are going to spend about 2 days in brussels, and go to bruges for a day and we are also going luxembourg for a day, part of our trip to luxembourg includes han-sur-lesse caves, luxembourg city and the ardennes region and a place called dinant in southern belgium i think.

Han-sur-Less is located in the Belgian province of Luxembourg.;) Luxembourg City in the country of Luxembourg, obviously.

polly
Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
i think that justine henin's uncle has a restaurant in han-sur-lesse

pigmalion
Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
i think that justine henin's uncle has a restaurant in han-sur-lesse

Yes Justine comes from the most beautiful province in Belgium, as Bart said, the province of Luxemburg ;)

Pierre-Yves was from Marloie, Justine from Rochefort (which is close from Han-sur-Lesse)

Kunal
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
definitely check out the main square...forgot what its called....grand market...or grand palace..dunno

last year when i went there...they had a really cool light show at night.

and no matter what, get some quality beer in your system....chimay for sure!

CooCooCachoo
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Just walk around, really. You shouldn't go on a I-have-to-visit-this-and-this frenzy; the city is just nice to take in by walking around.