PDA

View Full Version : KRT: American Presidential Election Update through punters eyes

kittyking
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Centrebet have just posted their latest update (they update it about once a week or so, depending on what debates, polls etc are out)

On the Democrats side

Hillary Clinton 2.00
Barack Obama 8.00
Al Gore 12.00
John Edwards 17.00
Joe Biden 126.00

On the Republican side

Rudy Giuliani 7.00
Ron Paul 11.00
Mitt Romney 11.00
Fred Thompson 12.00
John McCain 41.00

(that was boring, now its kittykings rant time)

I agree with the odds for Hillary Clinton - I strongly dislike her but her campaign seems spotless so far. Barack doesnt really stand must of a chance at the moment, but if Hillary stuffs up then hes got a chance to beat any Republican rival. Al Gore said he wont run for President this time around, but after his lies in the movie I dont think anyone can really trust him. Big laughs at how far off Joe Biden is, I dont see why FOX gives a crap about his comments.

Great to see Rudy as their favourite on the Republican side. He would be a very smart candidate to put against Rudy and if he won the Republican Nomination you could well see his odds drop to around the 3.00 mark. Hes very appealing to swing voters, its just that the far right hate him.
I dont know why Ron Paul is paying 11.00, he should be paying 1100.00 as thats how much chance he has at taking the White House. Hes crazy!!!!
The odds for Mitt are about right, although I think Hillary would absolutely cream him if it came down to those two. Is it just me or did Fred Thompson seem more appealing to voters before he announced his Presidential Bid. Hes an actor, but hes not as inspiring as I thought he would be. John McCain wont be the next President of the United States, his odds should be at least 100.00. It was his election to loose and he lost it, way earlier than we all could have predicted.

Thats kittykings rant for the day :)

Please dont bad rep me or shall petrol prices be raised 2 cents just as enter the petrol station :)

Donny
Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Centrebet have just posted their latest update (they update it about once a week or so, depending on what debates, polls etc are out)

On the Democrats side

Hillary Clinton 2.00
Barack Obama 8.00
Al Gore 12.00
John Edwards 17.00
Joe Biden 126.00

On the Republican side

Rudy Giuliani 7.00
Ron Paul 11.00
Mitt Romney 11.00
Fred Thompson 12.00
John McCain 41.00

(that was boring, now its kittykings rant time)

I agree with the odds for Hillary Clinton - I strongly dislike her but her campaign seems spotless so far. Barack doesnt really stand must of a chance at the moment, but if Hillary stuffs up then hes got a chance to beat any Republican rival. Al Gore said he wont run for President this time around, but after his lies in the movie I dont think anyone can really trust him. Big laughs at how far off Joe Biden is, I dont see why FOX gives a crap about his comments.

Great to see Rudy as their favourite on the Republican side. He would be a very smart candidate to put against Rudy and if he won the Republican Nomination you could well see his odds drop to around the 3.00 mark. Hes very appealing to swing voters, its just that the far right hate him.
I dont know why Ron Paul is paying 11.00, he should be paying 1100.00 as thats how much chance he has at taking the White House. Hes crazy!!!!
The odds for Mitt are about right, although I think Hillary would absolutely cream him if it came down to those two. Is it just me or did Fred Thompson seem more appealing to voters before he announced his Presidential Bid. Hes an actor, but hes not as inspiring as I thought he would be. John McCain wont be the next President of the United States, his odds should be at least 100.00. It was his election to loose and he lost it, way earlier than we all could have predicted.

Thats kittykings rant for the day :)

Please dont bad rep me or shall petrol prices be raised 2 cents just as enter the petrol station :)

Rudy is never going to be president. For starters, he's Italian. Not as bad as being black, but still a hindrance. Secondly, the majority of New Yorkers (especially blacks and hispanics) hate his guts. Anyone using New York as a campaign prop is going to be eaten alive the second opponents make everyone aware of the fact that NYC hates him.

Also- he's far, far too liberal to ever win the Republican nomination. Not to mention that crossdressing incident with Donald Trump. I can see that getting played at least a million times before next November.

kittyking
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
Rudy is never going to be president. For starters, he's Italian. Not as bad as being black, but still a hindrance. Secondly, the majority of New Yorkers (especially blacks and hispanics) hate his guts. Anyone using New York as a campaign prop is going to be eaten alive the second opponents make everyone aware of the fact that NYC hates him.

Also- he's far, far too liberal to ever win the Republican nomination. Not to mention that crossdressing incident with Donald Trump. I can see that getting played at least a million times before next November.

You love classing people dont you - there are a number of people of Black and Hispanic ethnicity throughout America who have gone to his speeches and applauded him loudly. Also despite his bad start Rudy did wonders for New York City, because of his hard work New York will continue to be one of Americas best cities for at least the next 20 years.

Republicans in general are now looking at who is best equipped to beat Hillary. Mitt Romney and Fred Thomspon dont stand a chance against her. If Rudy doesn't win the Republican nomination then Hillary would easily become the next President - it could be by a record margin too.

Donny
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
You love classing people dont you - there are a number of people of Black and Hispanic ethnicity throughout America who have gone to his speeches and applauded him loudly.

Yes, that's true- but most minorities in NYC remember how he handled race relations in the city. His approval rating went down to seven percent amongst black voters in April 2000. The 9/11 mojo is wearing off- and the city's memory isn't that poor.

Also despite his bad start Rudy did wonders for New York City, because of his hard work New York will continue to be one of Americas best cities for at least the next 20 years.

Crime started dropping in NYC before Rudy took office, while Dinkins was still mayor. How he still gets managed to take credit for law & order I'll never know.

I do know what his "hard work" meant for many in the city of New York. I've been on the recieving end of stop and searches, frisks, arrests- all because of the police state tactics he instituted. So I don't know exactly what was made better.

Republicans in general are now looking at who is best equipped to beat Hillary. Mitt Romney and Fred Thomspon dont stand a chance against her. If Rudy doesn't win the Republican nomination then Hillary would easily become the next President - it could be by a record margin too.

Rudy isn't going to win a national election- so this point is moot.

kittyking
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:22 AM
Yes, that's true- but most minorities in NYC remember how he handled race relations in the city. His approval rating went down to seven percent amongst black voters in April 2000. The 9/11 mojo is wearing off- and the city's memory isn't that poor.

Crime started dropping in NYC before Rudy took office, while Dinkins was still mayor. How he still gets managed to take credit for law & order I'll never know.

I do know what his "hard work" meant for many in the city of New York. I've been on the recieving end of stop and searches, frisks, arrests- all because of the police state tactics he instituted. So I don't know exactly what was made better.

Rudy isn't going to win a national election- so this point is moot.

Historically speaking Black voters in New York dont vote for Republicans anyway, sort of like how many entrepreneurs dont vote for Democrats.

Crime wasn't exactly dropping by much before Rudy took office. Rudy used some of Dinkins, along with much of his own to greatly reduce the amount of crime.

How many terrorist attacks have happenned in New York since 9/11? None - And I'd rather be stop and searched than have my head blown off, but hey think what you like :)

Donny
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:46 AM
Historically speaking Black voters in New York dont vote for Republicans anyway, sort of like how many entrepreneurs dont vote for Democrats.

Crime wasn't exactly dropping by much before Rudy took office. Rudy used some of Dinkins, along with much of his own to greatly reduce the amount of crime.

Of course, some people attribute some of the rising economy in the city to the drop in the crime rate. But what did Rudy Giuliani do to produce the drop in the crime rate? The crime rate has declined in cities throughout the country. In Seattle, for example, where the murder rate was declining far faster than it was in New York, Lenny Levitt of Newsday called the police c ommissioner and asked him what was causing the lowering crime rate in his town. And the police commissioner said, "we have no idea" He did not say, "we did it."

In the final days of the administration of David Dinkins, we had 36 consecutive months of decline in the crime statistics across the board, in the seven index crimes. Murder went down 14 percent. Those last 36 months under Dinkins reversed trends that were a decade old. Who should get the credit, the mayor who reversed the trend or the mayor who deepened the trend?

http://www.gothamgazette.com/commentary/91.barrett.shtml

How many terrorist attacks have happenned in New York since 9/11? None - And I'd rather be stop and searched than have my head blown off, but hey think what you like :)

None. How many terrorists attacks happened in the six years after the first WTC bombing? None. What did you expect? Some kind of terror blitz? And what exactly does the harassment of black men have to do with terrorism?

Sam L
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM
We need to stop Ron Paul NOW!