PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a PSP (Playstation Portable)?

Bacardi
Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Alright on Friday I decided to splurge and buy myself a new gaming system. I had a PS2 but it kicked the dirt and died on me, so now I'm stuck with a lot of games but I'm hoping to go over to a fleamarket and pick up a used one in working order for cheap. I decided on buying a PSP over another PS2 because of the fact that I know after this Xmas, mark my words Sony will stop making games for it. And I'm sorry, but I'm just against paying $500 for a gaming system to get a PS3, althou I really want one. I'll wait until that price falls, and it's starting to slowly.
So I got myself the all white limited Edition Star Wars Vader PSP, with the Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron game. It's pretty nice. I picked up the starter pack thing to go with it for $30 (the PSP cost me $199) that came with the carrying case, some game covers, headphones & remote, and a 32 MB memory stick. After getting it, I knew I needed a bigger memory stick so that's my next purchase, but I just wanted something to get myself started. I also bought NHL 2007 so I can play some hockey. The games seem cheap, most expensive are like $40 (& thats what the Star Wars game would cost, but my system included it), it seems like most of the games i want are not over $20. As I'm going to get the NASCAR game, and Scarface games next.
Now I just have like one question, I'm new to this Wi-Fi business. In my rural area it's almost nonexistant, but I noticed at my local McD's and Pizza place they have free Wi-Fi, so I went there last nite and tried using it. Got on it, and the MCD's page loaded well a red screen saying McD's giving me some options. But I couldn't figure out how to get to a browser, when I'd go back to where the browser screen was it had kicked me off the connection. So I'm just wanting to know if someone can offer me some assistance with this. Is it that I wasn't giving it enough time and Wi-Fi is a lot slower than Cable, but faster than dial-up? Or was I doing something wrong? I hate to read instruction manuals, as they don't really help out anyway. Plus I've learned to do all the other neat things like put Music, Videos and Pictures on there (the usb cable for my razr phone works for my PSP :woohoo: ). I just need to learn to get online, also is there any other neat things I can do with this thing that I'm missing out on? Plus what's the deal when I go to pictures/camera it tells me I need a PSP supported Camera, can you buy those?

But currently I have a White PSP Star Wars Vader Limited Ed, Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron game, NHL 2007 game, and I ordered off amazon marketplace a UMD Movie of Viva La Bam (I hope it gets from CA to VA quickly). Other than that I have a case, headphones, remote, case, 32MB card, and 2 game covers. So what movies & games would be cool to get? And assistance with the Wi-Fi net (like at McD's and places) is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wavey: :help:

Plus forgot to tell you guys the other big purchase I made, I got a 50 Inch Plasma HDTV from LG. It's pretty cool, to watch the hockey games on in HD. I guess I'm in a spending mood, since my old habits are gone I have money to waste on things I can keep and have something to show for my money and hard work. :)

Bacardi
Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Here's a pic of my new Toys :D

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/71/17/19/88/0071171988900_500X500.jpg
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/71/17/19/88/0071171988900_AV1_500X500.jpg

And my new HDTV Plasma Screen
http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/enlarged/lg/EC.LG.50PC5D.JPG

tucker1989
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
The PSP tennis games, Virtua Tennis World Tour and Smash Court Tennis 3, are really fun.

*abby*
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
ooooh i got adam a psp for his 18th earlier this year. i got a used one off ebay for £90 and its been great. hes got dungeon seige, killzone liberty, gun showdown and he bought me loco roco :bounce: yes the game is aimed at like 6 year olds but i love it!:D
there is a way to download a system for your psp which allows you to download games and put them on but i have no clue about that lol

xr6turbo
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
ooooh i got adam a psp for his 18th earlier this year. i got a used one off ebay for £90 and its been great. hes got dungeon seige, killzone liberty, gun showdown and he bought me loco roco :bounce: yes the game is aimed at like 6 year olds but i love it!:D
there is a way to download a system for your psp which allows you to download games and put them on but i have no clue about that lol
I want a PSP :lol: But i already have a PS3 :unsure: :lol: But you can use your PSP to interact with your PS3 and do lots of other cool things so maybe ill get one eventually..

Meanwhile.. abby, i love that new Paramore album too! I've been listening to it non stop for weeks haha. :hearts:

*abby*
Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
really????i absolutely love them, you should check out their first album too!i listen to them both nonstop and oh my word they are so awesome live!:D

xr6turbo
Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
really????i absolutely love them, you should check out their first album too!i listen to them both nonstop and oh my word they are so awesome live!:D
Yeah i have the old one too! It's awesome. If they ever come to Australia i will go see them for sure!

*abby*
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
sorry mate, theyve just been like earlier this month and by all accounts they were amazing. theyre rumoured to be coming back to the uk in january but i think another oz tour will be a while away :sad: