PDA

View Full Version : POLAND - elections

Jakub
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
we just did a good thing :worship:

Kaczyński's PiS (Law and Justice :tape:) party got just 31% of votes
while the Civic Platform (PO) has around 44%.

One Duck is defeated - Prime Minister :yippee: ..... we still have the second as the president though :o

well done Poles :)
lot's of us went to vote - around 55% (compared to 40% 2 years ago).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7054912.stm

:banana:

Qrystyna
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hmm, I dunno, this party doesn't seem to be too much different from the Ducks party....

saint2
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
Hmm, I dunno, this party doesn't seem to be too much different from the Ducks party....

Are You from Poland? If not, then I think You shouldnt care :p And this party, even if isnt perfect is better than PiS (less social more liberal) , and maybe now we will have flat tax

Chris 84
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Are You from Poland? If not, then I think You shouldnt care :p And this party, even if isnt perfect is better than PiS (less social more liberal) , and maybe now we will have flat tax

Why should people from different countries not care about what goes on in other countries?

A flat tax is never a good thing to me.

Regardless, although I don't love either party at all, better to be rid of that idiot.

saint2
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
A flat tax is never a good thing to me.

Of course it isnt (taxes=theft), but its better than progressive tax...

Chris 84
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Of course it isnt (taxes=theft), but its better than progressive tax...

:haha: :weirdo:

saint2
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
:haha: :weirdo:

If You like when someone, who doesnt deserve it (goverment) , is taking money wich you earned, then OK...I'd prefer to pay less taxes and have more money ;) :p

Chris 84
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
If You like when someone, who doesnt deserve it (goverment) , is taking money wich you earned, then OK...I'd prefer to pay less taxes and have more money ;) :p

I think progressive taxes are necessary. Of course the government often spends the money on terrible things...like the war in Iraq, for example, but governments can also spend it on social benefits and helping people who are badly off and so on.

saint2
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
I think progressive taxes are necessary. Of course the government often spends the money on terrible things...like the war in Iraq, for example, but governments can also spend it on social benefits and helping people who are badly off and so on.

Goverment wont spent money on social benefits, goverment will totally waste Your money (thats why I think less taxes = better)...There are a lot of non govermental charity organisations who really helps people who need it, and they make it 100 times better than goverment...

Chris 84
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
Goverment wont spent money on social benefits, goverment will totally waste Your money (thats why I think less taxes = better)...There are a lot of non govermental charity organisations who really helps people who need it, and they make it 100 times better than goverment...

I totally disagree.

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree :p

Freakan
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Of course it isnt (taxes=theft)

:tape: