PDA

View Full Version : Steve Colbert's Run For President

NyCPsU
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:44 AM
Steve Colbert announced he was running for president on his show on Thursday I believe and following that someone started a facebook group 1 million strong for steve colbert, mocking the obama group that has been on facebook for months.

well in 3 days the group has almost 350,000 members and is growing at the fastest rate any facebook group has even grown before. you click refresh on your browser and like 100 people have joined in the last 15 seconds.

Just to put things in perspective, the obama group has 378,000 members in over about 3-4 months time and steve colbert's has 350,000 in less than 3 days. Its on pace to reach 1 million in a week. This may be the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen. America, wtf? :lol:

http://psu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7406420086

NyCPsU
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:49 AM
when i started typing that message there were 340, 387 members.
there are now 341, 952 members just 5 minutes later. incredible.

TimmySwimmy
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:55 AM
It's a facebook group, yawn.. I don't think it's a reflection on America politically so much as Steven Colbert being a great entertainer.

I'm assuming a lot of these kids may not be eligible to vote, and the ones that are probably aren't even registered. I wish 1/2 of this group will actually go out and vote come election day. Our age bracket sucks in voter turn out

NyCPsU
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:57 AM
I get that its just facebook, but its still pretty damn impressive if you ask me. There are hundreds of thousands of global facebook groups, to be the biggest one ever, I think it says something. ;)

TimmySwimmy
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:59 AM
I just hope it'll mean a bigger voter turn out

Wigglytuff
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:00 AM
his name is Stephen.

NyCPsU
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:01 AM
its also fun to hit refresh every now and then to see how much the number went up. :lol:

i guess im amused easily. :o

mckyle.
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:30 AM
CJ :hug:

If I was an MSNer I would talk to you all the time :hearts:

PSU big game next week!! Please beat the Fuckeyes :mad:

NyCPsU
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:38 AM
CJ :hug:

If I was an MSNer I would talk to you all the time :hearts:

PSU big game next week!! Please beat the Fuckeyes :mad:

well im hardly ever on msn these days. :sad: im actually barely on here anymore as well.
had a relaxing night tonight so im just chilling out now but hopefully my life will calm down soon, so much going on at once on top of school.

anyhow next week is going to be intense. i cant wait, id like to think we have a good chance since we play so well at home, but there defense is pretty ridiculous. regardless id love to bust a nut :lol:

mckyle.
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM
regardless id love to bust a nut :lol:

:spit: There goes my coke all over the screen! That was probably the most hilarious thing I've ever read :haha:

Fat Phil Fulmer destroyed by my lovely Saban :hearts: LSU two weeks from now :bounce:

micah63
Oct 21st, 2007, 12:53 PM
Steve Colbert announced he was running for president on his show on Thursday I believe and following that someone started a facebook group 1 million strong for steve colbert, mocking the obama group that has been on facebook for months.

well in 3 days the group has almost 350,000 members and is growing at the fastest rate any facebook group has even grown before. you click refresh on your browser and like 100 people have joined in the last 15 seconds.

Just to put things in perspective, the obama group has 378,000 members in over about 3-4 months time and steve colbert's has 350,000 in less than 3 days. Its on pace to reach 1 million in a week. This may be the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen. America, wtf? :lol:

http://psu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7406420086

Who is this Colbert guy? :confused:

mckyle.
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Who is this Colbert guy? :confused:

American TV Talk show "host"/comedian

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM
So funny. I wonder if he makes it all the way

Scotso
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
I doubt he was being serious. If he really ran, he would probably get tons of votes from people who think politics is a joke and from young people who just want change.

Most people would realize he's not presidential material, though, and so he wouldn't win.

tterb
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:27 AM
I doubt he was being serious. If he really ran, he would probably get tons of votes from people who think politics is a joke and from young people who just want change.

Most people would realize he's not presidential material, though, and so he wouldn't win.

I would agree, but a sizeable amount of people believe Mitt Romney is presidential material ( :eek: ), so nothing would particularly surprise me.

angele87
Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Anybody know what happened to the facebook group? I was enjoying watching it jump by hundreds of members every few seconds :p

mankind
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
He's running in South Carolina.
"And South Carolina alone," he said.

CondiLicious
Oct 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Man of the Year? hahaha

NyCPsU
Oct 24th, 2007, 04:38 AM
almost 200,000 more joined today alone :eek:

its pretty funny.

Rtael
Oct 24th, 2007, 05:36 AM

He actually *is* getting on the ballot in South Carolina.

LudwigDvorak
Oct 24th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I would vote for him if I see him on the ballot. Oh yes.

No other comedian I'd rather see in charge of me. :hearts: