BUBI
Oct 19th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Anna is back :bounce:

A.Chakvetadze (RUS/1) has a bye
F.Schiavone (ITA) vs K.Srebotnik (SLO)
A.Radwanska (POL) vs Q
P.Schnyder (SUI/6) vs Q

M.Bartoli (FRA/3) has a bye
T.Paszek (AUT) vs A.Medina Garrigues (ESP)
M.Kirilenko (RUS) vs J.Vakulenko (UKR)
S.Bammer (AUT/8) vs A.Sugiyama (JPN)

N.Vaidisova (CZE/5) vs F.Pennetta (ITA/WC)
Y.Meusburger (AUT/WC) vs M.Klaffner (AUT/WC)
M.Krajicek (NED) vs Q
D.Safina (RUS/4) has a bye

T.Golovin (FRA/7) vs E.Daniilidou (GRE)
M.Muller (GER) vs A.Bondarenko (UKR)
G.Dulko (ARG) vs Q
D.Hantuchova (SVK/2) has a bye

smokovec
Oct 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I hope Anna can win some Matches here.

Now she is qualified to the YEC, so she can play 'mental free' and maybe the pause in Moscow helps Anna a lot.

GeorgianFan
Oct 19th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Cmon AChak :armed:

Sharapower8
Oct 19th, 2007, 06:43 PM
That's great news, good luck Achak :kiss:

cosmoose
Oct 19th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Good luck Anna! *cross fingers ;)

Wintermute
Oct 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Anna was on the injury list this week with a "respiratory infection". I'd like to think she will storm back in Linz and get some good wins. She has no points to defend here and with a first round bye she only needs one win to start picking up points for her ranking.

I just hope she can find a way to get out of Québec. I'm sure she must have been contracted into it because I can't think of another reason why she would go. They have to have one Top 10 player in the draw or something. Anna will presumably have her Madrid place confirmed on Monday as I don't think she can be caught in the Race any more.

goldenlox
Oct 19th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Bartoli retired from her match today. Anna is in her first YEC.
She should reconsider Quebec. Rest that week.

goldenlox
Oct 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
The draw is out.

A.Chakvetadze (RUS/1) has a bye
F.Schiavone (ITA) vs K.Srebotnik (SLO)
A.Radwanska (POL) vs Q
P.Schnyder (SUI/6) vs Q

M.Bartoli (FRA/3) has a bye
T.Paszek (AUT) vs A.Medina Garrigues (ESP)
M.Kirilenko (RUS) vs J.Vakulenko (UKR)
S.Bammer (AUT/8) vs A.Sugiyama (JPN)

N.Vaidisova (CZE/5) vs F.Pennetta (ITA/WC)
Y.Meusburger (AUT/WC) vs M.Klaffner (AUT/WC)
M.Krajicek (NED) vs Q
D.Safina (RUS/4) has a bye

T.Golovin (FRA/7) vs E.Daniilidou (GRE)
M.Muller (GER) vs A.Bondarenko (UKR)
G.Dulko (ARG) vs Q
D.Hantuchova (SVK/2) has a bye

goldenlox
Oct 20th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Anna is the only YEC player in the draw. It looks like a good spot to get wins and build back her confidence.

Ballbasher
Oct 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM
She's in the toughest quarter in my eyes! :help:

Pink Princess
Oct 20th, 2007, 03:03 PM
C'mon, C'mon, C'mon Anna!!!:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

BUBI
Oct 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
No luck with draws lately :help:

Wintermute
Oct 20th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Not the nicest draw. Anna struggled to beat Fran in Fed Cup recently.

She took Kata out in straights at Linz last year in the first round but only after a wobbly start. She was already showing signs of the cold that would impair her next match against Stosur but she finished very nicely in that match. I think conditions in Linz are good for her.

I'd certainly rather Anna got Srebotnik but again the problem with having a bye is that your opponent is already used to the conditions. Anna needs a win!

goldenlox
Oct 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM
The draw is fine. Vaidisova and Golovin are in the other half. If Anna can't beat Fran, who lost 60 64 today, then she should play Quebec.

saint2
Oct 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM
She's in the toughest quarter in my eyes! :help:

:confused: Shes in by far the easiest quater in that draw...

BUBI
Oct 20th, 2007, 09:23 PM
:confused: Shes in by far the easiest quater in that draw...
Are you serious? Schiavone, Radwanska, Schnyder.. Anna would normally beat them but I'm not sure about her form right now :unsure:

saint2
Oct 20th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Are you serious? Schiavone, Radwanska, Schnyder.. Anna would normally beat them but I'm not sure about her form right now :unsure:

Radwanska is propably most overrated player ever ...I really dont know how people think she will ever be a slam contender with her soft, powerless game ... Schnyder and Schiavone are noones comparing to Golovin, Vaidisova, Hantuchova or even Bartoli...

BUBI
Oct 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Radwanska is propably most overrated player ever ...I really dont know how people think she will ever be a slam contender with her soft, powerless game ... Schnyder and Schiavone are noones comparing to Golovin, Vaidisova, Hantuchova or even Bartoli...

It really depends on them having a good day or not. Schnyder and Schiavone have played well lately, better than the players in other top4 seeds' quarters. Anna should beat them but she needs to be back in form.

You are biased about Radwanska because she is from your country.

You have Chakvetadze spelled wrong in your signature.

RsaibotD
Oct 21st, 2007, 04:06 AM
... Schnyder and Schiavone are noones comparing to Golovin, Vaidisova, Hantuchova or even Bartoli...
....I agree....

It really depends on them having a good day or not. Schnyder and Schiavone have played well lately, better than the players in other top4 seeds' quarters. Anna should beat them but she needs to be back in form.

You have Chakvetadze spelled wrong in your signature.

....It´s True.....

I think Kata is going to be the first test for Anna.... the draw obviously could be worst.... I've a good feeling about this tournament, c'mon anna, bring your mojo back;)

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Tough draw. :unsure:

C'mon Anna, please give Linz a good run! :worship: :o

saint2
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:23 PM
If she will lose here before qs, then I can easily bet that she wont win a set at yec...

goldenlox
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:37 AM
I think Anna is going to play well. In Moscow, she was defending champion, feeling too much pressure.
The Bartoli match was very close. Anna led Golovin 52 and let the set slip away.
Anna can go to the final here, and win it.

Frode
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Good luck to my Anna C.
She should get some wins here, and then rest next week:)

goldenlox
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Besides Justine, no one in the top 10 seems to be doing well now.
If Anna can regain some confidence this week, she might do well in Madrid too.

cosmoose
Oct 23rd, 2007, 05:41 AM
Its time to snap out of current mini slump!
Anna is too good to be losing to players out of top 10.
Linz would be great place to gain some confidence and momentum for YEC.
Go Go Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

smokovec
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Anna play against Schiavone, not an easy Match, but she win in Moscow during Fed Cup.

If Anna win this Match it's a nice sign for me and we can expect an interesting YeC.

goldenlox
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/chakvetadze%2007sec%20qualify%20200.jpg
© Sony Ericsson WTA Tour

Chakvetadze Qualifies for Madrid

LINZ, Austria - Anna Chakvetadze has become the sixth player to qualify for the singles event at the season-ending Sony Ericsson Championships, set to take place in Madrid's Recinto Ferial Casa de Campo, November 6-11. The Russian has assured herself of a berth in Madrid with 2626 points on this week's Race to the Sony Ericsson Championships Standings, behind Justine Henin, Jelena Jankovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Ana Ivanovic and Serena Williams.
This marks the first time the Russian has qualified for the prestigious year-ending event. She is the third newcomer to have qualified for this year's Championships from the six singles players announced to date and is also the sixth player from Russia to crack the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour's Top 5 Rankings in the last three years.
"I'm so excited to play in my first Sony Ericsson Championships," Chakvetadze said. "I love the beautiful city of Madrid and I'm hoping to perform very well. This has been an amazing year for me, having reached the Top 5 in the world, and I am looking forward to finishing strongly in Madrid."
"Anna Chakvetadze has been one of the breakthrough stars of 2007," said Larry Scott, Chairman & CEO of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour. "Anna’s debut at this year's Sony Ericsson Championships further reflects the terrific mix of established names and new faces that will descend on Spain's capital this year."
"With the Sony Ericsson Championships taking place now in less than two weeks, the excitement is continuing to build as we see Anna Chakvetadze, who has had a phenomenal year, be the sixth player to qualify." said Dee Dutta, CVP and Global Head of Marketing at Sony Ericsson. "The Sony Ericsson Championships is all about being the very best; it's a week not to be missed and should be placed firmly on everyone’s calendar."
"We are very happy that Chakvetadze has qualified for Madrid," said Tournament Director and Spanish tennis legend Manolo Santana. "She has had an impressive season and we look forward to seeing her compete at her highest level in a few days here."
Chakvetadze is having the best season of her career, having won four singles titles (only world No.1 Justine Henin has claimed more in 2007) at Hobart, 's-Hertogenbosch, Cincinnati and Stanford. She has won over 50 singles matches, reached the semifinals of the US Open and the quarterfinals of the Australian Open and Roland Garros, in addition to winning over $1 million so far.
The Sony Ericsson Championships is the richest annual women's sporting event in the world. The tournament is the year-ending punctuation to an 11-month global Tour which finally gathers the Top 8 singles players and Top 4 doubles teams from the season to battle it out for a share of the $3-million prize purse. Since its inception in 1972, the event has been held in such notable venues as Madison Square Garden, New York City, the Olympiahalle in Munich and The Forum and Staples Centre in Los Angeles. Former singles champions include Tracy Austin, Kim Clijsters, Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Steffi Graf, Martina Hingis, Martina Navratilova, Gabriela Sabatini and Serena Williams. The reigning champions are Henin (singles) and Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur (doubles).

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/linz/f_38.jpg http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/graphics/space.gif
©Sony Ericsson WTA Tour
Linz, Austria (October 23): Top seed Anna Chakvetadze of Russia gave several interviews during the All-Access Hour.

goldenlox
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/chakvetadze%2007sec%20qualify%20200.jpg

Wintermute
Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hopefully getting the Madrid qualification will take some of the pressure off and Anna can really aim to get some good results this week.

Pink Princess
Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7070/tschakwetadse1kr0.jpg

Pink Princess
Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Will play on Wednesday, C'mon Anna:woohoo:

dulkogii
Oct 24th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Vaidisova vs. Pennetta
2. Paszek vs. Medina Garrigues (NB 16.00hrs)
3. Golovin vs. Daniilidou
4. Knapp vs. Safina
5. Chakvetadze vs. Schiavone (NB 20.15hrs)

peanuts
Oct 24th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I hope Anna wins. :unsure: It'd be great to see her get back to her winning ways again.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I think now that Anna is in the YEC, the pressure is off. Now she will play well again.
Because a loss doesn't hurt, it's only a Tier II before the YEC. And a win gets her closer to the top 5.
Anna needs a good showing in Madrid to finish top 5. At absolute worst, Anna is in the top 8 starting next year. Any win now is points that stay with you all year in 2008.

Russianboy
Oct 24th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I just talked to her on msn, some hours before her match :rolls:

GeorgianFan
Oct 24th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Anya 6-0 0-0 :drool:

Wintermute
Oct 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Fran just hit 8 DFs in that opening set. Handed it to Anna on a plate.

GeorgianFan
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Anya 6-0 6-2 :yeah:

Wintermute
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:13 PM
A confidence building win against a player she had real trouble with only a few weeks ago. Fran kinda helped with 10 DFs but Anna won nearly twice as many points!

Pink Princess
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Anna!!! Very well played:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

RsaibotD
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM
a solid win from Anna.... well done ;)

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM
That was just what Anna needed. Now win the title.

Wintermute
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
If Anna wins her next round against Schnyder or Molik she'll go back up to #6 in the rankings and become #2 Russian.

BUBI
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Important win!! I knew she would win :bigclap:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Anna :yeah:
good to see the real Anna back ;) :yeah: :D

smokovec
Oct 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Good Match by Anna, Schiavone helps with all these DF, but when she try to make more Anna hits a lot of nice winners.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071024/capt.4c0016d61d0a483f9aee93b03f138d02.austria_gene rali_ladies_rbr116.jpg
Top seeded Anna Chakvetadze from Russia returns the ball to Francesca Schiavone from Italy during their second round match of the Generali Ladies tennis tournament in Linz, Austria, on Wednesday, Oct 24, 2007.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071024/capt.3c5f8f71abe74406be7da6d5dd17f3c3.austria_gene rali_ladies_rbr117.jpg
Top seeded Anna Chakvetadze from Russia returns the ball to Francesca Schiavone from Italy during their second round match of the Generali Ladies tennis tournament in Linz, Austria, on Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2007.

penkku
Oct 25th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Anna :) now keep it going ;)

goldenlox
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Anna plays Patty in her QF.

saint2
Oct 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Destroing Fran doesnt mean shes in form now..True test tomorrow...Eventual loss to Patty=no hopes at YEC...Sorry...anyway, good luck,Anna :kiss: :kiss:

goldenlox
Oct 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
A loss to Patty would not be a predictor in Madrid. Patty can play really well on a given day. But so can Anna.

Topspin2
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Anna good luck against Patty!)

GeorgianFan
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
1-6 0-0 :o

cosmoose
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I'm speechless....WTF?!?!?! :mad: :fiery:

GeorgianFan
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
1-6 0-6 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cosmoose
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM
1-6, 0-6 in 38 minutes.
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2961.gif
"Houston....we have a problem!"

BUBI
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM
What happened????

cosmoose
Oct 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Anna self destructed...
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/ug/eardley/atom_bomb_2.jpg

saint2
Oct 26th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Another player wich I like was bageled by that bitch :help: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BUBI
Oct 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
There is still time to recover for madrid!

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Anna won 62 06, then lost 16 06. That is unbelievable.
All year Anna was so consistent. The last few weeks, you don't know what's going to happen.

Wintermute
Oct 26th, 2007, 04:12 PM
:eek: What on earth happened?

Wintermute
Oct 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Anna is out of Quebec:

Chakvetadze humbled by Schnyder in Linz quarters
By Barry Wood

LINZ, Austria, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Top seed Anna Chakvetadze was humbled 6-1 6-0 by Swiss left-hander Patty Schnyder in the quarter-finals of the Linz Open on Friday.

Chakvetadze, who this week qualified for the season-ending WTA Championships which begin in Madrid on Nov. 6, looked flat and barely competed against an aggressive opponent who took full advantage of the freedom she was given.

"It was my worst match of the year," said Chakvetadze, who lost in just 39 minutes. "Everything happened really quickly and I was just slipping on court, I didn't run well. It was nothing.

"It's a little bit frightening because she is not a big hitter. She is just moving you around and changing the pace and the rhythm but I just missed everything I could."

Sixth-seeded Schnyder surrendered only three points on serve in the first set and three in the second, overpowering her hapless opponent, moving well and striking some excellent serves and returns.

"I hit the spots however I wanted and she had a tough day with me today," said Schnyder. "She could never find her game and had no idea how to beat me."

SLIM CHANCE

The Russian is now withdrawing from an event next week in Quebec in order to prepare for Madrid but her confidence is low.

"Now I'm already thinking if it's a good thing that I qualify for there because with this kind of game I don't know what I'm going to do there," Chakvetadze told reporters.

Guardian Sport (http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-7026893,00.html)

smokovec
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Like Anna said a disastrous Match....

I'm happy if Anna lost all the Matches in Madrid but with a nice performance and trying to play better, this Season is great, but in the last Month she is on reserve.

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Someone at the match wrote this. I don't understand why she would tank in an obvious manner. It looks bad for the whole sport.

I am in Linz and I have seen the match. Well the first set anyway. Chakvetadze played just terrible, didn't seemed to be interested in the match at all and just made an appearance not to get fined. I usually like her, and I like to see her play (I've seen her play in Antwerp, Berlin and 's Hertogenbosch this year), but I was absolutely disgusted in her attitude towards this match.
Of course I can not tell exactly what went on with her, but she even didn't try to make something out of this match nor seemed she willing to try.
I never saw such a horrendous tank-job before.

Wintermute
Oct 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Someone at the match wrote this. I don't understand why she would tank in an obvious manner. It looks bad for the whole sport.
[...]
I never saw such a horrendous tank-job before.

I seriously hope that's not true, especially coming right after Davydenko's been fined for "lack of best effort". The Reuters article didn't seem to give that impression. Anna was very critical of herself.

BUBI
Oct 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
We have seen Anna play terrible before, this is nothing new. She has not been as consistent as statistics would suggest. I think she really needs a break now, she is probably exhausted physically and mentally.

Davidenko was not fined just for "lack of best effort", he has been fixing matches and is under special supervision.

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I never heard of winning 62 60 then losing 16 06.
If she's healthy, then she was not mentally ready today.

Gdog
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:00 PM
All I can say is WOW! :(

She played so well in her first match and then this complete disaster today. I'm sad for Anna, but hopefully this will give her time to get her head together for YEC.

First thing that came to my mind when I saw this score was "Thank goodness she already made the YEC". This loss had to really hurt her confidence. :(

RsaibotD
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:00 AM
OMFG.... this wasn't expected:o .... poor Anna :hug

The Russian is now withdrawing from an event next week in Quebec in order to prepare for Madrid but her confidence is low.

"Now I'm already thinking if it's a good thing that I qualify for there because with this kind of game I don't know what I'm going to do there," Chakvetadze told reporters.

....not really glad of read that....

Frode
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:40 AM
I have no words...........
It would almost brake my heart to see get trashed like this at the YEC.
And right now, that's what's most likely to happen.

smokovec
Oct 27th, 2007, 07:44 AM
If anyone will see the Match I have taped and I can upload on the web...

BUBI
Oct 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM
If anyone will see the Match I have taped and I can upload on the web...
Yes, please. I want to see what happened.

03 RuleTheCourt
Oct 27th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I posted a little translation in the Nicole Vaidisova forum, there's something about Anna in there too.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=11900334&posted=1#post11900334

serenus_2k8
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Im dissapointed for her, but she has a great spirit and shes only young - if this is the worst loss she encounters she will be doing very well! She probably had a lot on her mind with qualifying etc.
No big deal in my eyes

smokovec
Oct 27th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Here the Match against Patty:

Set1 --> http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=KKK0KXO0
Set2 --> http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=E9EZU0FC