PDA

View Full Version : YEC Cheering Thread!!

Watching
Oct 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
So Serena has played this fall which is great getting to the finals of Moscow Tier I. The bad news was the Zurich withdrawal and the Stuttgart Tier II result.

Hopefully by YEC she will be rested and injury free and maybe a tad slimmer. There are a potential 750 points available I think which means she has the potential for top 3 again depending on other results.

So go Serena!

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 18th, 2007, 02:43 PM
wo0o0o0o0o come on serena....show them all what a good beat down is all about :armed: hope she takes the title

2moretogo
Oct 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM
So Serena has played this fall which is great getting to the finals of Moscow Tier I. The bad news was the Zurich withdrawal and the Stuttgart Tier II result.

Hopefully by YEC she will be rested and injury free and maybe a tad slimmer. There are a potential 750 points available I think which means she has the potential for top 3 again depending on other results.

So go Serena!

:devil: (agreed!!!)

Anyhoo, I am really excited YEC and I am expecting some very interesting developments.

Does anyone know if she's staying in Zurich to finish the blog, or did she go home to Florida?

Mina Vagante
Oct 18th, 2007, 08:54 PM
:devil: (agreed!!!)

Anyhoo, I am really excited YEC and I am expecting some very interesting developments.

Does anyone know if she's staying in Zurich to finish the blog, or did she go home to Florida?

doubt she'll stay in Zurich just to write her blog :lol:

Diesel
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Bad news in that She didn't achieve the goals she had for the last two tournaments, but good showings leading up to the YEC overall. Good luck to Serena :)

PatrickRyan
Oct 19th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Good Luck :yeah: I hope she can end the year off with a BANG!

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 19th, 2007, 11:45 AM
i think most people will expect her to not be much of a fight at the YEC considering the form of JH and kuzzy for example....but i'm sure no one wants to be the one she comes to life against :D

Olórin
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
I hope Serena can find her form at the YECs. If you're going to pull a rabbit out of the hat, this is the place to do it :D

doni1212
Oct 21st, 2007, 11:12 PM
Crush em Serena!!!!
Your done playing around with these bitches, :armed: !!!

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 21st, 2007, 11:48 PM
Serena comes YEC's way. Awesome! :clap2:

-VSR-
Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:09 AM
I think she'll come into the YEC in better form than Moscow. I just hope her footwork is better, then it will all click. I also think when her confidence is booming again she'll be hitting those winners down the line like we know she can!

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:18 AM
YEC is just around the corner ppl!!! :D

Lulu.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Can't wait. :bounce:

Do your thang Serena. :armed:

williamsluva
Oct 24th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I just hope the F'in injuries leave her, in 04 she wanted it bad and she had an injury from her first match but she just Pushed and pushed and was grinding and nearly took out that title, the mind was willing the body was unable. I think that if shes healthy (im sick of saying that, she never gets any luck to build any damn momentum, but complete toss pots like Henin are never injured), shes gonna prove who the top bitch is (As has always been her style), henin will be the only problem but wimbledon was quite hopeful dont you think? When shes focussed and angry at her opponent and out to prove something she seems to forget that shes meant to be in bad form (only injury stops her as always).

I havent seen her face close up lately (the broadcast i saw was a bit blurry), during matches, and that loss to dementieva was horrendous, barely even troubler her on serve which is why my confidence in her own self belief is shaken, but I do know that IF she believes and has that intensity in her eyes, it sortta takes alot of that bad footwork and stuff outta the equation, Henin wouldnt admit it but she was scared by Serena at wimbledon, she made her tighten up (unlike the USO), the ferocity of the woman can throw anyone off.

Just wish she didnt have to fight anymore, shes constantly battling against form and fitness!!! She should only have to fight against the best opponents playing their best tennis, and have a breeze any other time.

Lets all send positive vibrations to her to heal quickly and completlely and to regain her self belief and go there with a mission (If she does decide to Go there, i think the temptation might be too great for her).

Watching
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM
well now chakvedatze got mauled by raggedy anne schynder serena is officially no. 5 and I think can become 3rd at best after the YEC. This woulkd be helpful for AO seedings.

Also then she could be no.2 easily by Roland Gaross to meet miss henin in fianls !

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
well she ahs to defend AO first.....but first up....YEC where all she can do is gain :)

serenus_2k8
Oct 26th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I totally think YEC could be such a great start to hrt '08 year as there is so much points to be grabbed, especially since henin is the only real problem if Serena is at her best. As mentioned her seed would be sooo much better if she gets in 2 da final and that would really own!!

Renalicious
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Come on Serena. At least get to the Semis! I want you to crush JH :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 27th, 2007, 12:18 PM
i don't want her to crush her....she will crush her :devil:

serenus_2k8
Oct 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I really cant see Serena being beaten by her again...i will be gutted if she is!
It rocks that if one of the Williams isnt in the semis we probz just cheer the other! Both in semis would be tennis heaven!

doni1212
Oct 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I really cant see Serena being beaten by her again...i will be gutted if she is!
It rocks that if one of the Williams isnt in the semis we probz just cheer the other! Both in semis would be tennis heaven!

I know, I can't wait! We have a little over a week left, :yeah:

supergrunt
Oct 27th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Great cause this really worked the last 5 times :rolleyes:

-VSR-
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Can't wait to see Serena here, I'm sure she'll do her best and play her heart out. :D

doni1212
Oct 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Great cause this really worked the last 5 times :rolleyes:

What the cheering thread? If that is what your talking about....

I AM SICK OF YOU HALF-ASSED SERENA FANS. YOU DOUBT HER, CRITIQUE HER TO NO END, AND LOOOOOOOOVE TO JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON WHEN SHE WINS AND ACT LIKE YOU BELIEVED IN HER ALL THE TIME. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CHEER FOR HER TO DO WELL, THAN GET OUT!!! HALF ASS FANS. AND THEN YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL LIKE YOU MORE IF YOU PUT SHIT IN YOUR SIG ABOUT HER WINNING, OR BEING YOUR FAVE. DAMN I CAN'T STAND WHEN YOU DO AND SAY STUPID SHIT! THAT GOES FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THIS WOULD APPLY TO!!!
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

serenus_2k8
Oct 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hmmm....
1) Calm Down
2) You can cheer someone on whilst looking at their realistic chances, it doesnt mean u doubt her - she isn't always the perfect winning machine no matter how much u want her to be
3) This foru would be damned boring if we all just posted things like 'come on your gonna win all the time, the interesting part is debating the chances that your favourite player has.
So chill we dont have to be the perfect fan in ur eyes!

SU
Oct 27th, 2007, 09:25 PM
agree senus 2k8

williamsluva
Oct 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Hmmm....
1) Calm Down
2) You can cheer someone on whilst looking at their realistic chances, it doesnt mean u doubt her - she isn't always the perfect winning machine no matter how much u want her to be
3) This foru would be damned boring if we all just posted things like 'come on your gonna win all the time, the interesting part is debating the chances that your favourite player has.
So chill we dont have to be the perfect fan in ur eyes!

I think he/she is angry cos that Line seemed sarcastic, its not like supergrunt even gave any constructive crticism about serena or any valid points as to why he/she feels the need to use that kinda sarcastic :rolleyes: comment, I might get labelled a bandwagon jumper although im a realist, but at the very least I give my positive and negative points to justify why i feel that way.

I personally dont think shes gonna win it and unless shes in a forgiving half, I dont think she will make the semis, her injury has come too close to the tourney, if she had lost to dementieva because of a mental collapse, then the desire to get her revenge on henin and prove herself to the other girls at the YEC would have been enough for her to realign her focus and get up and practice harder than she did for the Aussie, but what can she really do with a thigh injury? And we all know how long the girls take to heal.

It wont just affect her movement either, serena and venus at their best are very good at staying grounded and driving themselves into the ball with leg power, it will hurt her groundies even more than the bad footwork has.

I know im gonna get attacked for this but do you guys really wanna see another 04 YEC?? Where she makes the final at the expense of her body? Shes already proved to everyone what a great fighter she is, Let her rest, reflect and relax cos she has only had less than a month to do so! HOWEVER if it was merely a little "Strain" or tightness or something that was very minor, then SERENA FTW (But It looked more serious than that).

serenus_2k8
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Yeh I agree, posting generally stupid comments is daft, but his/her rant seemed more like it was just attacking everyone and really wasnt a structured critisism!

I think Serena and hopefully Venus can make the semis (if in different groups otherwise probably will be one henin and a williams) and they both have the potential. A few times I have heard commentators say that when Serena is at her best only Henin can even keep up with her, so as always it depends on what state she is in when she plays. The start of the season pretty much proves how amazing Serena is at her best.

I think she does want this and I think she can do very well and at least pick up valuable points to start '08 on a high, which would make defending her AO title all the more interesting!

I guess we will just have to wait and see :D :D :D

Yay 8 days and counting??

Watching
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately Venus has withdrawn so now the lineup is:
-Henin
-Kuznetsova
-Jankovic
-Ivanovic
-Serena
-Chakvedatze
-Hantuchova
-Sharapova
assuming no more withdrawals (please don't withdraw Serena). Hopefully if an uninjured Serena turns up to Madrid in even sub-average form I really can't see why she should lose to any of them except for Henin.

Sharapova has no chance sorry.
Hantuchova has none.
Chakvedatze has none.
Ivanovic - Serena has never had problems with her.
Jankovic is knackered and Serena *should* beat her on a normal day.
Serena should beat Kuznetsova despite crappy Stuttgart where Kuzzie was great and Serena really wasn't.

That said Serena will make atleast Semi's if not Final depending on the draw if she loses to no-one but Henin.

However Serena usually brings some of her best tennis to YEC when she turns up with W,F,F the last three times played. She has been training and has looked in better shape on some recent pics. If she brings her best tennis to Madrid she can beat Henin too.

doni1212
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately Venus has withdrawn so now the lineup is:
-Henin
-Kuznetsova
-Jankovic
-Ivanovic
-Serena
-Chakvedatze
-Hantuchova
-Sharapova
assuming no more withdrawals (please don't withdraw Serena). Hopefully if an uninjured Serena turns up to Madrid in even sub-average form I really can't see why she should lose to any of them except for Henin.

Sharapova has no chance sorry.
Hantuchova has none.
Chakvedatze has none.
Ivanovic - Serena has never had problems with her.
Jankovic is knackered and Serena *should* beat her on a normal day.
Serena should beat Kuznetsova despite crappy Stuttgart where Kuzzie was great and Serena really wasn't.

That said Serena will make atleast Semi's if not Final depending on the draw if she loses to no-one but Henin.

However Serena usually brings some of her best tennis to YEC when she turns up with W,F,F the last three times played. She has been training and has looked in better shape on some recent pics. If she brings her best tennis to Madrid she can beat Henin too.

:yeah:

Lulu.
Oct 28th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Is the YEC televised? I don't remember seeing it on TV last year.

doni1212
Oct 28th, 2007, 09:39 PM
It's on Versus.

The Daviator
Oct 28th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Is the YEC televised? I don't remember seeing it on TV last year.

It's on Versus, I was in the states at this time last year and got to see it :D Not this year though :o

Anyway, kick ass Serena :rocker2:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2007, 09:54 PM
so sad about venus cause it really would have been a great YEC with them both there....hopefully this pumps Serena up to fight for both her and her sister :)

serenus_2k8
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I hope so! I think Venus being there would have improved her focus and loosened her up a lil bit, but saying that she could now feel that shes the only Williams out there so she has to do them proud!!

Olórin
Oct 28th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I really, really, really X1,000,000 hope Serena can bring some good form to Madrid. I mean I'm not expecting her to play like the AO Final, but even her Wimbledon form would be good. I think Jankovic as well as Henin could be tricky if Serena is tired and Jelena isn't, but I think we should be very optimistic about Serena's chances :D

In her last couple of matches Justine seemed to be tired, mentally as well, so here's hoping she's keeping busy ahead of Madrid :devil:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2007, 09:10 PM
LOL i can't watch Madrid so i don't care!!! :p i just want her to do her best....i can't expect anything else of her :)

2moretogo
Oct 30th, 2007, 01:26 AM
YAY!!! I am still kind of sad that Vee pulled out, cuz I thought she had a chance to play spoiler... I really don't wanna comment about Serena's chances except to say that the majority (outside of Juju and perhaps Kuzy) match up well with Serena. Chaky could be tricky, but you know I'll wait for the groups to come out to see what happens.

Anyhoo, I just want Serena to be healthy....

Lulu.
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:55 AM
It's on Versus.

Never heard of that.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM
count down the days....count down the days... :)

Il Primo!
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:31 PM
What the cheering thread? If that is what your talking about....

I AM SICK OF YOU HALF-ASSED SERENA FANS. YOU DOUBT HER, CRITIQUE HER TO NO END, AND LOOOOOOOOVE TO JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON WHEN SHE WINS AND ACT LIKE YOU BELIEVED IN HER ALL THE TIME. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CHEER FOR HER TO DO WELL, THAN GET THE FUCK OUT!!! FUCKING HALF ASS FANS. AND THEN YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL LIKE YOU MORE IF YOU PUT SHIT IN YOUR SIG ABOUT HER WINNING, OR BEING YOUR FAVE. DAMN I CAN'T STAND WHEN YOU DO AND SAY STUPID SHIT! THAT GOES FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THIS WOULD APPLY TO!!!
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

You need to calm down, go eat something :yawn: No more insecure posts from you, it's getting old and boring.

Back to topic. It's the first time of the year (with the Aussie) I don't expect Serena to win when Venus's not around. So I don't know, it may be a good sign. Anyways, I still wish her all the luck and hope she regained some confidence in her shots during her post Zurich break.

Vamos Reena :rocker: !

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I just hope she's training really hard and will be able to hit the ball with a little more pop again. Also, i hope shes working on her volleys because last time that helped her defeat enna. Come on Serena. I dont expect her to win but i still believe in her and believe she can.

serenus_2k8
Oct 30th, 2007, 07:00 PM
She doesnt have to win to get some valuable points to boost her in 08. Even if she just closes the gap between the other top 5s, it would be a great way to head into the AO!

Has anyone looked into what circumstances could see her move up a place? Is that possible :S would be interesting to know! Wont venus be running da risk of falling behind the others now that they getting some good points @ Madrid?

urock34
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:44 AM
she could move to number four with a win(depending on how the others do obviously)

Watching
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:01 AM
Possibly no.3 if she wins and Janko loses everything although that is very unlikely.

I hope she gets in a group with Henin, Ivanovic and Sharapova! Then meet's Kuzzie in semi's and Henin in final!

See I can't see ANYWAY either Henin or Serena could lose to these two so they would be guaranteed semi's then probably a final against each other.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM
true....but why do we need jh in the final....then she's defending most of her points.....i want her to defend as little as possible lol

Watching
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM
lol okay bottom line is serena play well...hpefully beat her in semis...thats best chance to beat her at points.

Olórin
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Well here's just hoping Serena plays well, I think if she was in a rr group with Justine, Jelena and Kuzzy that would be the worst, as she could theoretically lose all matches :help: On the other hand she could theoretically win all three :lol: So we'll just have to see how it goes.

Watching
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
She can't get Justina Jelena and Kuzzy fortunately...here group will have 1 from each bracket and anna chak will be in the opposite group for sure unluckily:

Henin/Kuzzie
Janko/Ana
Serena
Sharapova/Hantuchova

So she atleast has one punchbag from the bottom two.

Diesel
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:09 PM
I just hope she's training really hard and will be able to hit the ball with a little more pop again. Also, i hope shes working on her volleys because last time that helped her defeat enna. Come on Serena. I dont expect her to win but i still believe in her and believe she can.

I'm feeling this. This is what Serena needs to concentrate on more than just an opponent. She can't concentrate just one one opponent and disregard the others considering who her losses this year have come by. I want it so Serena doesn't make things harder on herself period.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:15 AM
i think if she tunes her game she will beat them all.....her serve hasn't been on for a prolonged period....it comes and goes during tournies and i feel once it is there from day one of the tournie then she will have the confidence in the rest of her game...

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM
is it just me or isn't everyone sick of everyone predicting jh to win....everyone thinks the trophy should just be given to her....i for one am quite sick of it :o will make when serena trounces her much sweeter :devil:

dawid
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
I would like to see Henin/Williams final :) That would be :cool:

winone23
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Do your best Serena, take them out like you did in at the AO.

bake cell
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
You can easily be forgotten in modern day T.V. and I think Serena needs to bring her game out of that time capsule she has it in. Federer has done it, and they still need the complete package on the men's.

Slackness seems to be Serena's theme, I hope she gets out of her own way?!!!!!

Destiny
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:45 PM
Serena sometimes lose focus when she's playing low ranked plays
i think for this she needs to keep her focus and try to come out with her lovelly shots
because when she started missing her shots she starts to lose motivation and loses in the game
thats wat she did in stuggart

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
:wavey: ty for your input :) i agree with that though.....at the AO from the beginning she was focused on Mara and even kremer...she needs back that focus from the beginning and everthing should go well

santhuruu
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:02 AM
When will the groups be announced?

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
i think saturday...at least that's what dexter said.....here's to hoping she gets a good group and not a group of death

serenus_2k8
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Haha I hope the draw goes her own way! I think she will either fall in the RR or make it all the way to the Final, I dont htink someone like Serena would make it to the semis and then let herself be beaten!! :D :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:24 AM
serena ain't going out in rr :D she's winning it all :armed:

supergrunt
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:26 AM
:bounce: :D

supergrunt
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:26 AM
* hate new big grin smiley :ras:

serenus_2k8
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
I hope so 2 :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
ahhh only a couple days left people!!!! anyone heard of serena in madrid yet?? hope she turns up in fine form and exterminates the rodent that is *..* LOL

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
group of death!!!

Henin
Serena
Chakvetadze
Jankovic

Craigy
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hopefully Serena is fit and up for a challenge! Good luck! :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
she needs to be fit and in top playing form....i think she's fit...but the playing form is a bit :help: hope she has it together come the start of the YEC :)

Watching
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
I think this can be a good group for her. Jankovic/Chakvedatze I think she won't have many problems with (maybe 3 sets for jank) on an indoor court if she's playing well. Win or lose to Henin that should ensure her berth to the semi's and can't see her losing to anyone from the other group so therefore final!!!!

serenus_2k8
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
Yeh Serena and Henin are the only 2 players in Madrid to take a grand slam this year (GUTTED VENUS :( ) so really should both make it into the semis for an awesome showdown in the final!!

Who do we want her to meet in the semis?

Watching
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
we want her to meet sharapova in semi's 6-1 6-0 hehehe!

but seriously this group is good because there are some options that favour Serena:
-Janko could lose all 3 matches seen as Anna h2h is bad for her - so Serena could finish YE #3
-Henin could possibly not make it through (unlikely) but would take away a chunk of points

serenus_2k8
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Omg never thought about the points thing :o With Jankovic playing so many tournys, will she definitely make points here? How many points do u get for the various places ie losing in semis etc?

doni1212
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Come on Serena, you can win this!!! :bounce: :bounce:
I need to see some pics of her arriving, :yeah:

Olórin
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Cmon Sereney! Just do it! :bounce:

Olórin
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Come on Serena, you can win this!!! :bounce: :bounce:
I need to see some pics of her arriving, :yeah:

She always seems to cut it so fine :lol:

doni1212
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
She always seems to cut it so fine :lol:

I know, right? :lol:

The Daviator
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
It's a tough group, but I still pick Serena over Jankovic and Chaky anyday, so she should make the semis :D

Good luck Serena :yeah:

santhuruu
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Wow very tough draw for Serena, hope she is and will stay healthy during this tough tournament.

2moretogo
Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:23 PM
I don't know I think this group is highly motivating actually... And it still gives the opportunity for a Henin v. Serena final. I just hope that she is healthy... either way it should be a LOT of fun.

Lulu.
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Good luck Serena, play your game and you'll win. :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:54 AM
i hope she's up for the challenge...her motivation will be trying not to lose to jh for a 4th time in a row on a big stage....i think she has doubters again and you know what happens when she gets doubters ;)

santhuruu
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Serena is in Madrid !!!

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9462/f19xc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Olórin
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Yay! Serena's in Madrid and she looks ready for business. Thanks Santhuruu :yeah:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:43 PM
throw down the gauntlet ms williams :armed:

urock34
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know what time and what day she plays on....she plays justine first right?

serenus_2k8
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:44 PM
No JJ and its not until Wed - as far as I know Tuesday is:
6pm local time : Henin v AC

Not before 8 : Sharapova v Hantuchova
Then : Kutz v Ana Ivanovic

Is this good for Serena :S I guess a days rest to sit back and watch how the other commpetition does is ok? Its great for us - lets us see how well Serena is going to have to be doing!

doni1212
Nov 4th, 2007, 05:59 PM
No JJ and its not until Wed - as far as I know Tuesday is:
6pm local time : Henin v AC

Not before 8 : Sharapova v Hantuchova
Then : Kutz v Ana Ivanovic

Is this good for Serena :S I guess a days rest to sit back and watch how the other commpetition does is ok? Its great for us - lets us see how well Serena is going to have to be doing!

How do you know that it's Jelena, she'll be playing?

serenus_2k8
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Shes the only one not playing so I guess it would make sense? I think its the ideal start match for her, not too hard, not too easy but whe can find her rhythm and get the 2ns biggest challenge out the way :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:28 AM
serena vs jh is on thursday which will be jh's 3rd match in a row especially since the night before jh will play jankovic which should take alot out of her hopefully or maybe even pull off the upset! jh will be serena's second match since she starts against anna....hopefully Serena doesn't take too long on beating anna and can be as fresh for jh as she can be and jh will be as tired as she can be :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Tuesday
18.10 Henin-Chakvetadze
20.00 Sharapova-Hantuchova
fl.by Kuznetsova-Ivanovic

Wednesday
18.10 Jankovic-Henin
20.00 S.Williams-Chakvetadze
fl.b. Hantuchova-Ivanovic

Thursday
18.10 Sharapova-Kuznetsova
20.00 S.Williams-Henin
fl.b. Jankovic-Chakvetadze

Friday
TBD S.Williams-Jankovic
TBD Kuznetsova-Hantuchova
TBD Sharapova-Ivanovic

Watching
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
serena vs jh is on thursday which will be jh's 3rd match in a row especially since the night before jh will play jankovic which should take alot out of her hopefully or maybe even pull off the upset! jh will be serena's second match since she starts against anna....hopefully Serena doesn't take too long on beating anna and can be as fresh for jh as she can be and jh will be as tired as she can be :)

amen to that.

doni1212
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:00 PM

But if Justine is 2-0 by than, won't she just blow it off? I don't think it will be a real match.

Olórin
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
But if Justine is 2-0 by than, won't she just blow it off? I don't think it will be a real match.

I was just about to say that both Justine and Serena are both to fierce competitors to EVER blow off a match, then I remembered Serena FO QF this year and the fact that Justine retired in the AO Final :tape:

Anyway, I don't see Justine tanking, even if she is 4-0 in sets. That is unless Serena somehow produces her AO Final form, then we know Justine will fold like a cheap pack of cards :lol:

I definitely think Serena needs to finish off Anna quickly in two, 75 61 I think in an hour and 20 mins would be ideal prep. Then she can bring out the big guns for JH :armed:

What I'm worried about though is the Jankovic match, win or lose the JH match is going to take a lot out of her mentally more than anything. But I think Serena is ready to go :rocker:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
jh will not tank a match vs serena....any chance she has to beat serena she will take no matter what she has to do....cause if serena beats her then she doesn't want serena having the chance to finish 3-0 in the group ahead of her

bake cell
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
:) Good Luck Serena!

doni1212
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM
:) Good Luck Serena!

No negativity, :eek: ??????

dulkogii
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Come On Serena !

Watching
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:54 PM
chakvedatze gonna get busted

bake cell
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
No negativity, :eek: ??????

Stop it, just kill all of that emotional investment talk. Just kill it, I'm so sick of women thinking they have a right to be emotional about something they go pathetically into. Then turn around and accept fat lames dissing you. Then expect damn near the realest black man to play lame and receive rebuke from a social and spiritual flunky.

Just like King David did to them lames, the same fate you lames deserve. Understand why GOD didn't allow lames of any form to run or be a ceremonial leader and part of any of HIS.

Retarded lames.

Enough negativity lame heart?:confused:

williamsluva
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:19 AM
jh will not tank a match vs serena....any chance she has to beat serena she will take no matter what she has to do....cause if serena beats her then she doesn't want serena having the chance to finish 3-0 in the group ahead of her

She could go through without losing serve and Still fight as hard as she can to stop serena from winning a single game. even if this were an exhibition shed treat it as though her life depended on it.

She can fake smile and use that fake humility like her male counterpart, but that bs doesnt cut it, she hates Serena.

doni1212
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Stop it, just kill all of that emotional investment talk. Just kill it, I'm so sick of women thinking they have a right to be emotional about something they go pathetically into. Then turn around and accept fat lames dissing you. Then expect damn near the realest black man to play lame and receive rebuke from a social and spiritual flunky.

Just like King David did to them lames, the same fate you lames deserve. Understand why GOD didn't allow lames of any form to run or be a ceremonial leader and part of any of HIS.

Retarded lames.

Enough negativity lame heart?:confused:

:haha:

She could go through without losing serve and Still fight as hard as she can to stop serena from winning a single game. even if this were an exhibition shed treat it as though her life depended on it.

She can fake smile and use that fake humility like her male counterpart, but that bs doesnt cut it, she hates Serena.

Yeah, your right. And it goes both ways, ;)

bake cell
Nov 6th, 2007, 12:39 PM
GOOD LUCK SERENA !!!!! :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:35 PM
one more day people!!!! one more day!!! YEC starts today...serena plays tomorrow :)

Lulu.
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
one more day people!!!! one more day!!! YEC starts today...serena plays tomorrow :)

Can't wait. :bounce:

doni1212
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Wow, Chakvetdaze is giving Justine a fight in the second. Serena better watch out tommorrow!

Olórin
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yep Serena will definitely have to be sharp and playing well tomorrow. She doesn't want a three set slugfest ahead of Henin.

Henin's serve was not great today, but she has such a reliable second serve. I know we say things like this a lot, but if Serena's groundies from 2002 were still intact she would absolutely murder Justine serving like that. It's sad her return game has been so hit and miss lately.

Good luck for tomorrow Serena :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM
come on rena baby!!!!!!!! blast anna off the court and get ready to thrash jh next round as well

matty
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
i thought she had trimmed down a bit, but she kinda looks the same. plus isn't she breathing really hard compared to Anna? Oh I hope serena is fit and can win this whole thing. We may need a miracle though. Justine's looking pretty darn sharp.

2moretogo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Clearly this afternoon she couldn't move @ all, and was clearly distraught about retiring. The crazy thing is, I dunno what those little strappy things were supposed to do. Stop movement in her knees? If anyone can illuminate it would greatly appreciated. I am really worried... I don't care if she retires from the tourney, but I am concerned about all these damn injuries... again, just as she beginning to gain some momentum.

Dayum, just Dayum.

Watching
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:36 PM
welll this sucks so baddddddddly............she looked really fit besides the strapping too....not a good day.

Craigy
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I knew from Moscow that her knee was hurting her. It was just a matter of time before it got worse. :sad:

Olórin
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
She looked so good, and I think she's fit and was moving well at the beginning. Just not meant to be though.

:sad:

As far as I'm concerned no news = good news over the off season. I just want Serena to chug along without anymore problems, surgeries or announcements.

She won't put up with these injuries forever though, I so hope she get's over them soon. :sad:

That damn bitch of a knee :sobbing:

Lulu.
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
This sucks so bad. :sad:

Siyasema
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
If Serena couldn't finish today, she should retire from the tournament and give her position to someone who can fully compete. Is it Bartoli next in line? Serena's injuries and the rate at which they come greatly concern me and at this time, if she cannot fully compete, I would rather her look forward to 2008.

2moretogo
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:52 PM
If Serena couldn't finish today, she should retire from the tournament and give her position to someone who can fully compete. Is it Bartoli next in line? Serena's injuries and the rate at which they come greatly concern me and at this time, if she cannot fully compete, I would rather her look forward to 2008.

Which sucks cuz I was sooooo excited for YEC!!!!!:fiery: First Vee, now Rena.:mad:

serenus_2k8
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
An injured Rena is still 10x more interesting than a healthy Bartoli - and they would both proabaly run the same amount anyway.

This championship really just lost its spark. Its just shit without a Williams...

Siyasema
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Which sucks cuz I was sooooo excited for YEC!!!!!:fiery: First Vee, now Rena.:mad:

I'm with you, however at this point I have to temper my disappointment until the final decision is made about Serena. I'm not sure what her plight is and I'm also not sure what this means about her moving on if let's say she does decide to continue.

2moretogo
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I'm with you, however at this point I have to temper my disappointment until the final decision is made about Serena. I'm not sure what her plight is and I'm also not sure what this means about her moving on if let's say she does decide to continue.

Yeah, but I guess she made the decision, and she's going home. I mean watching the match something was definately up, even before due to the heavy/weird type taping on both knees. Dunno if she had been practicing with the protective tape on or what.

Sorry everyone but it is going to take me a day or so to get over it. But I will try. Versus is reporting that Serena hasn't definately pulled out yet. IF she went to the hospital, you know I think it is best for her to retire.

dulkogii
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:12 PM
This sucks so bad.

doni1212
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Well she's done now. Bartoli's in. :(

Soothing
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I know it's dissapointing but,it's for the best people. Best for Serena. I'm thinking if I'm going to continue to be a fan of tennis it's in my best interest to pic some other favs. Unfortunately none of the other players bring the excitement, hype or fight to the tennis court. I'm really concerned about Serena going forward with these knee injuries. I'm sure they're trying everything and nothing seems to be able to resolve the knee situation. This has to be totally crushing, when you finally decide your going to commit, have goals and there's nothing you can do to make your body cooperate. I'd rather see her bow out of the game completely, than to look so unhappy and defeated on court. There's nothing worst than seeing your fav struggle. I'm sure she'll continue, I just hope that she doesn't put her future health at risk to do so.

winone23
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I was sad to hear about Serena. Get well Serena!!!

RichyRena
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
This sucks soo much:( She did look fit, and the way her face looked it reminded me of 2003 :) But hey at least now she gets 2 months to rest up for the Aussie Open (I dont think she wil be playing hopman. I would rather her rest up now than during the tour and miss out on 2 months worth of tournies..I just really hope she stays motivated and continues to get into shape like she clearly was today and arrives in 08 in amazing shape :D.

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Did Serena have any leads in the Chaky match?

2moretogo
Nov 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Did Serena have any leads in the Chaky match?

She started the match with a hold then she broke Chaky for a 2-0 lead. I think the next five games were all breaks, until Chaky held for a 5-3 lead. Serena held, and then the trainer was called. Chaky held for the set, then game, set, (retirement)match.

As far as Serena calling it quits for good, I think that is a little premature @ this point. Serena is not a quitter. These are set backs and like most athletes, I believe that 'Rena still has the hunger for more.

Olórin
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I've been listening to uplifting music all day, to try and cheer myself up :lol:

I wish retirements didn't count as actual losses. Serena's had three this year, which shouldn't really count as losses imo.

RichyRena
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I've been listening to uplifting music all day, to try and cheer myself up :lol:

I wish retirements didn't count as actual losses. Serena's had three this year, which shouldn't really count as losses imo.

I Agree It should just count as nothing, as if the match didnt even happen but then I guess if it counts as a win for the winner than it has to be a loss for the loser :( But I dont think she should have. Mind you 2 of those retirements that I can think of Are here in Madrid and then in Zurich where personally I think she shouldnt have even turned up since she wasnt able to play her best due to injury so...

Olórin
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I Agree It should just count as nothing, as if the match didnt even happen but then I guess if it counts as a win for the winner than it has to be a loss for the loser :( But I dont think she should have. Mind you 2 of those retirements that I can think of Are here in Madrid and then in Zurich where personally I think she shouldnt have even turned up since she wasnt able to play her best due to injury so...

I think Charleston and YECs, she wanted to win so badly, but her body wouldn't even let her get past the first set.

But playing in Zurich was just a silly decision imo :help: She should never have even gone there.

Destiny
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
i felt so sad all day after she retried
i just went to bed after she retried
i looked forward to this for now about a mounth but now it's gone
Gone forever nooo

Olórin
Nov 8th, 2007, 06:05 PM
i felt so sad all day after she retried
i just went to bed after she retried
i looked forward to this for now about a mounth but now it's gone
Gone forever nooo

:hug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 9th, 2007, 10:32 AM
well then serena imo definitely needs hopman cup should her knees feel better...just so she can get some rhythm and build some confidence going into the AO because she ended this year on such a downer...the AO seems to be one of her best GS so obviously the good memories are there but she needs some little prep...

Destiny
Nov 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the hug
I think serena needs to cool of and doesn't need to go to hopman cup incase the injury gets bad
i think she should be more cautious of her knee and try to find a way to stop it from hurt too much
I was chucklling when she was blaming the racket it made laugh
i was like u know god damn well it's something wrong with her body