PDA

View Full Version : Momentum

the cat
Jul 18th, 2002, 03:11 PM
MGM had some great momentum up until Wimbledon! :( Now she has lost that momentum. What steps does she take to get it back?

And do you think MGM is a candiadate for the WTA Newcomer Of The Year award?

Zamboni
Jul 18th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Newcomer of the year? I hope so! :)

Vanity
Jul 19th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Well, Marie didn't prepare enough for Wimbledon, so she didn't do well there. However, she did win Tashkent on hardcourts, and she probably has been training on the hardcourts after her Wimbledon defeat, it is her favorite surface after all. :) She'll be back in action at Stanford. She has a hefty schedule coming up, as she is listed in every North American hardcourt event. I think she can have a good run at the U.S. Open, since she's properly preparing for it. I just hope she doesn't burn herself out from playing all these tournaments. :)

Doris Loeffel
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Well also I was hoping to see her do better at Wimby. But maybe she just had troubles with grass. Don't think that she lost the momentum.

As for the newcomer of the year - hmmm she might have to leave that spot to Myriam Casanova...

thecorrs
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Myriams win over Sanchez does indeed increase her chances to win the award... Sadly... :sad:

Beat
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:14 PM
it was just that one loss. and with hindsight, it wasn't that bad a loss, because maureen drake played so well and even took a set from venus.
MGM will be back verrrry soon! :D

the cat
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Great point Beat! :D You can't beat it! ;)

Vanity, don't worry about MGM being burned out for the U.S. Open. She would have to make the semi's or better in all of her tournaments. And as good a player as she is, I doubt she will do that. Only the Williams sisters get to the semi's or better in every tournament.

Unless she gets a brutal draw at the U.S. Open, I think Marie could make a run at the fourth round.

Zamboni
Jul 20th, 2002, 03:58 PM
4th round?

A bit optimistic, I won't second it, but of course I hope so! :)