PDA

View Full Version : Latest Serena Blog

friendsita
Oct 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Monday, October 15, 2007

Hey guys, it's Serena here! Now, as some of you out there may know already, I like to do everything that my sister Venus does. Us lil' sisters are quite the jealous type! Well the point I'm making is that a couple of weeks ago she wrote a blog (which I'm sure you all read with great interest) for our very own Sony Ericsson WTA Tour website, and this week it's my turn! I can't believe they convinced me to do it, but here I am and I would like to share my experiences with all the fans out there.

Well, I'm fresh from my trip to Moscow; can you believe that I'm playing my third event in a row? I can't! I don't think I've ever done that in my career before, but I'm feeling good and determined to make a good run at the end of the year since I hardly played this summer. I had not been to Moscow in 10 years... Can you believe I've been around that long? I can't, I still feel like a teenager... Well, nonetheless, it has been 10 years since the last time I was there - scary. Moscow is an interesting place. I hung out a bit with Kuzzie, saw some interesting things, none of which I can really talk about here, but for sure I had a lot of fun there, played some good matches and picked up some valuable points (yeah!)

For all of those that didn't follow, I got to the finals there and now I'm in Zürich, Switzerland, where the chocolate is oh sooooo good - but shush, don't tell anyone that I ate two today. That's my limit, I swear, otherwise I'll be on the practice court much longer than my hour and 15. I haven't been at the tournament here in probably 10 years as well. I can't wait to make my long awaited return to action. I have been having so much fun playing this fall. My first match is against the tricky but talented Patty Schnyder - make sure you tune into the live scoring!!!

The highlight of the past couple of weeks has been qualifying for Madrid, which we announced today. That's so cool. I feel as though I should be there. Now, with a lil' work and dedication I've made it offically to Madrid. I never would have thought that back in January before I played Australia, and I'm really proud of myself and the strides I've made to get back to this level after two years - no easy feat. I hope my little girls (aka quadrupeds - dogs!), Jackie and Laura, who have been keeping me company, are equally as proud!

P.S. I have also relaunched my website: serenawilliams.com. It's way more slick and up to date compared to the previous incarnation. You guys have to go check it out because it's hilarious. I also write a relationship blog there as well... Where do I get the time?? It's a long story - an important one - but one we will have to talk about!

Well it's late here in Zürich and I would love to write more but I'm a bit tired and I have to play tomorrow. I'm so sleepy, I haven't slept in 36 hours (the life of a jet-setting tennis player is not all it's cracked up to be...)

Good nighzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Xxx

Serena

-----

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1824

doni1212
Oct 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks, I wonder if she'll complete the blog and write an ending one.

Soothing
Oct 16th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hey Guys,

I made it to Zurich!!!

I had so much fun in Moscow. I ended up going out to a club in Russia that plays hip hop music! Can u believe??? It was tons of fun. I loooove to dance it’s one of my fav past times.... I like watching the videos and learning new moves from the dancers. Then I try them when I go out!! Haha I'm not that good but I really do my best... It’s tons of fun.

Anyways the club was fun and I had to catch a flight at 7am and I had to leave my hotel by 4:15 because the airport was so far a way. It was good we left early because the lady that was doing the tickets and checking us in was such a complete jerk. I mean she kept telling me my CARRY ON was too heavy!!! Can u believe? So what did I do? I had to remain calm. I was ready to leave Russia so I knew if I wanted to get out I was gonna have to be calm... So I kept calm and told her I could not lighten my load (my dogs were in there). She told me that was not her concern. "Not her concern" and I had to lighten the load. She kept telling me that this was not her concern and that was not her concern, so finally I told her "look I don't think CONCERN is the opportune word. The costumer is always right u can't use this word. It’s not the right word." She did not say that word again. Thank God because y’all don't know me I'm from Compton and I was "this" close from showing her what it’s like in Compton. But if I did that I would not have made it to Zurich where I am now....

Ok I did not go to sleep I went to the airport and now I have been up 36 hrs. I am so tired. I'm sorry there is no new video diary guys I have not been able to send one from overseas. But as soon as I can get back I will send another and more! I know y’all miss my face lol!!!

Ok well I'll ttyl and keep reading the blogs! I love u all

Xxx
Serena

Soothing
Oct 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I posted this newest blog and put in bold the comments about getting sleep, because I can't believe that she would go to a club knowing what her scheduled was and that she wouldn't be able to get adequate rest. I guess she knew she wouldn't be playing the whole week so what the heck. The thing that bothers me about this is that at her level you never want to go on court and give the reported performance she gave today especially after the Final Sunday:(. I have no problem with losses or injuries but to just not seem to give a damn bothers me. I really want to see Serena do well, I just don't understand her judgement at times. I hate to feel that at times her Fans care more about how she looks than she does. Just needed to vent and hope I'm in a safe enviorment to do so.

vettipooh
Oct 17th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Nice read.:yeah: Wish she would write some more.

bake cell
Oct 17th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Nice read.:yeah: Wish she would write some more.

Maybe it's just me, but Serena's age seems to not fit her former Disney World profile. I think her platform is truly the grand slam stage. Everything else is just so boring and unfulfilling as a fan.

She's not an Ali, or even a Tyson. Her acting does not even manifest into the rumor of a role in the boring X-men three. Her designs as a flashy BLACK WOMAN is lost in her past with Puma. I am just disappointed in what I thought would be the entertaining SEXY CHOCOLATE FREE SPIRITED SUPERSTAR.

I blame her parents, but also her for not maxing out in timely fashion. I guess NIKE money is a powerful calling for a person of any kind. It really is impossible for the righ to enter into heaven. And the poor assume their roles in envying the rich, and justifying their desires.