PDA

View Full Version : Asian Hopman Cup : Players Participating

jirobkk
Oct 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.jirobkk.com/images/index-hopmanlogo1.jpg

BANGKOK Thailand, 16 October, 2007
Organisers, International Sports Management Co Ltd. (ISM), of the US$70,000 Asian Hopman Cup have announced the Nations partcipating for the tournament at the Rama Gardens Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand earlier today.

Top male & female players from six Asian countries have been invited to participate in the Asian Hopman Cup China, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Uzbekistan, which will held at the LTAT National Tennis Development Centre, Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi The teams will consist of 1 man and 1 woman squad and the event will be run as per round robin format in two groups consisting of men's singles, women's singles and mixed doubles. The winner of each group will contest for the top position.

The Asian event will carry prize money of US$ 70,000. In addition to the prize money the winning team will automatically qualify for the Hopman Cup in Perth, Australia and will be granted a minimum bonus of US$ 70000 for their participation in the Hopman Cup XX in 2008.

Competition Format:
Top male & female players from six Asian countries have been invited to participate in the Asian Hopman Cup China, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Uzbekistan. The teams will consist of 1 man and 1 woman squad and the event will be run as per round robin format in two groups consisting of men's singles, women's singles and mixed doubles. The winner of each group will contest for the top position.
Nations Participating ( Ranking as of 01 Oct, 2007 )

Thailand THA
1 UDOMCHOKE, Danai (122)
2 TANASUGARN, Tamarine (86)

China CHN
1 WANG, Yu (623)
2 XIE, Yan-Ze (323)

Japan JPN
1 NISHIKORI, Kei (253)
2 Morita, Ayumi (139)

Korea KOR
1 IM, Kyu-Tae (273)
2 LEE, Ye-Ra (255)

Taiwan TPE
1 LU, Yen-Hsun (96)
2 HSIEH, Su-Wei (119)

Uzbekistan UZB
1 DUSTOV, Farrukh (246)
2 TULYAGANOVA, Iroda (183)

-sugi-
Oct 16th, 2007, 03:01 PM
much better list than last year.

omfg kei and ayumi :inlove: the young Japanese.

Nicky_608
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Go!!Thailand

Привет
Oct 16th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I like Thailand, Japan, Taiwan and Uzbekistan. Go Farrukh & Iroda, and Kei & Ayumi! :yeah:

Rising Sun
Oct 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Wow, it should be pretty competitive. It's too bad that only 1 team will make it through. :sad:

Привет
Oct 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM
In my opinion, Thailand, Japan and Taiwan are the only teams that could really be competitive in the maindraw.

Thailand would do well, Tamarine made the final one year I believe. Danai is a good player.

Nishikori had that good tournament recently (can't remember where). Morita is an up and comer, she could have some good results.

Lu is in the top 100 and Hsieh is a decent player.

I don't even know the players representing Korea or China.

Iroda could have some good results, but you never know with her. I don't know Farrukh.

Harvs
Oct 17th, 2007, 01:31 PM
i cant see any of these teams challenging any of the main draw teams:(

i hope thailand win though:)

or uzbekistan... iroda's dresses are always a good luagh lol :)

Привет
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm starting to lean towards wanting Thailand to win too. But I wouldn't be disappointed if Japan won. I would be a little disappointed if Taiwan or Uzbekistan won.

Sunny_Boy
Oct 18th, 2007, 11:57 PM
I'm hoping Uzbekistan can qualify, mainly so I can watch Iroda :D
Realistically, Thailand or Taiwan will probably qualify

dybbuk
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Japan :hearts:

I hope they qualify so I can see Ayumi. :awww:

Fantastic
Oct 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Should be interesting. Three months ago, the organizers were targeting Nishikori, Morita, Tanasugarn and Srichaphan. And whaddya know? They scored 3 out of 4! They knew that signing Srichaphan was a huge ask anyway since he was injured when they even conceived the idea of inviting him.

I'm very surprised but glad that Iroda Tulyaganova is participating. I didn't think she would, so that's awesome to see her name on the list. But I have no idea whom her partner, Farrukh Dustov, is. Where are Oleg Ogorodov (retired?) and Denis Istomin?

Chinese Taipei has a good team too! I'd rank them as second favourites to win the title behind Thailand. I think Japan would be the third favourites, mainly because Nishikori and Morita are really just rookies at the moment. This tournament will test how they react under pressure. Morita didn't react well in Fed Cup, but maybe she's learned from that.

Experimentee
Oct 19th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Taiwan would have a better team if YJ Chan played. Hsieh has been in pretty crappy form lately.

Surely China could find a better female player than Yan Ze Xie?

Otherwise, the teams are quite good.

Ellery
Oct 19th, 2007, 07:49 PM
China :lol: :o

Ballbasher
Oct 19th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Japan or Thailand although I want Chinese Taipei to win so badly

auah5
Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
Why not Indonesia ?

:(

Привет
Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
Would Indonesia have a male player ranked high enough? :shrug:

Hachiko
Oct 24th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Really hoping Japan qualify. Go Kei & Ayumi. :yeah:

auah5
Oct 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Would Indonesia have a male player ranked high enough? :shrug:
May be you are rite =(

Poor Indonesia ...
Use to have fabuolous and talented players but now.. =( :tape:

ozfan44
Oct 27th, 2007, 05:15 AM
China that's a pathetic team and effort from CTA really!! :rolleyes:

Hope for the sake of the real event that Thailand win this!! if not them then Japan!!

Anyone else will get absolutely thrashed in January!!

Привет
Oct 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I'm settling with Thailand or Japan. I hope one of them win.

NeeemZ
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Rubbish effort on China's part. Numerous Top 100 women players and a player ranked outside 300 is chosen. Pffft.

I will be going for Thailand or Japan to win. These would give most competition in the main Hopman Cup draw.

ex hopman
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM
Wow, Kei & Ayumi!!??
Our hope!!

Pasta-Na
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:55 AM
China :lol: :o

so funny :fiery:

Привет
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Isn't Tamarine injured now? :confused:

This tournament is next week. If Tamarine can't play that has got to lower Thailand's chances of winning.

If Tamarine doesn't play then I hope that Kei & Ayumi win it for Japan.

Привет
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:06 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Chinese Taipei in Perth either. Lu is a good player and I like Hsieh.

Taiwan & Japan! :rocker2:

New
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Go Tammy!