PDA

View Full Version : Zurich Cheering Thread

williamsluva
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I needed to start this cos im cheering her to get to zurich RIGHT NOW, get on the next plane out and be there and be ready. If she looked more confident on court id say take the week off and just go home and train but that would only hurt her, she needs all the match play (WINS) she acn get right now, she really does, and if shes on court playing under pressure, she will definatley be getting a major work out, and i know the girls all know shes vulnerable right now so they will make her work for it. Its the only way to ensure shes gonna be running and getting the kind of physical and mental fitness she will need to make at least the semis in Madrid.

This is it theres no more of this relying on her fighting abilities and stuff cos shes looking like she did in 06, shes looking stressed and worried and shes fighting to beat people whom arent worthy of her. Also playing to win matches means that it will give her back some "steele" She used to be able to play the pressure points really great even when shes been out for a while, but right now shes hurting and I dont feel she believes in herself, she was standing in the same spot on 1st and 2nd serves for dementieva.

1 final good part of match training rather than training at home is that there are no distractions, there is pressure to give it her all (She can go into practice, play badly and then just break a racket or 2 and waste an hour being angry at herself, if shes in a match she doesnt have that luxury and will be forced to simply focus, SHE NEEDS THIS), and by her own admission she hates practice and Knowing her, and judging by her current state, id say practice isnt going to give her any benefits right now. Would also be good to see her let her anger out on some poor b!tches in Zurich rather than on herself on the practice courts.

Soothing
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I agree with everything you stated, if she didn't lose like this due to injury, playing in Zurich is the best thing for her. I just hope she doesn't give up. These types of losses can only make her better if she stays persistent.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
i don't think she is gonna play zurich cause she doesn't get a bye but we shall see...if she does than i'm behind her all the way!!! go rena!!

williamsluva
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I dunno, people saying it could be an injury makes me doubtful now, If she is carrying one then Oracene has to tell her that shes not playing, cos she will play anyways cos she wants to prove herself..... If its an injury, she'll need rehab until madrid, if she can play without problems her only goal should be to make a good showing there and nothing more, because she will gain points for showing up at madrid and if she wins 1 match i think it helps the ranking as well, 2/3 is a possible semi which would be quite good for her.

Damn, good luck with whatever happens serena, just dont like the look in your eyes right now.

PatrickRyan
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I don't think she will play, but I hope so.

Lulu.
Oct 14th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I don't know if she is gonna play. I think it depends on if her place in the YEC is a sure bet.

2moretogo
Oct 14th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I hope she does so let's pretend like she is...

Let's go Serena!!!

Olórin
Oct 14th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm in two minds about whether I want her to play this. But I think she should if she's physically fit, I can see her beating Elena this time round. As let's face it this is Elena we're talking about and she isn't going to play that well against Serena two weeks in a row; and Serena would certainly have a good shot at the final if she could physically hack it, and if Justine got there too, it would be a good opportunity for her to see where she's at.

kadirelf
Oct 14th, 2007, 06:17 PM
stutgart QF
Moscow F
now zurich WON

aisha
Oct 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I actually think Zurich is the perfect tournament for her instead of Moscow.

Although, I'm not exactly encouraged by her current form, it would be foolish to rule her out.

FrchTwst
Oct 14th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Since Sharapova pulled out, her points will drop by 300, to 2861.

Serena has 2766 and needs 96 to be the new #5.

As long as Serena makes Quarters, she'll get 110 and be #5
:)

bake cell
Oct 14th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Move on with your life Serena, your family and friends will be there for you. Best of luck to you Rena! Venus have made changes in her life and game, but being sisters hasn't changed, and will never change. Embrace your game. Embrace the changing time. Time waits for none. Wasting years was never the thing to do. For what?

2moretogo
Oct 14th, 2007, 08:28 PM
stutgart QF
Moscow F
now zurich WON

This is what I am talking about...:worship: :worship:

I actually think Zurich is the perfect tournament for her instead of Moscow.

Although, I'm not exactly encouraged by her current form, it would be foolish to rule her out.
Her current form is her current form. Its up and down but I swear some of y'all kill me with this qf, f, after not playing in nearly two months. Please. I know we expect the most from Serena, but as her fans we gotta be more positive. Will there be ugly matches? Yes. Will she "always" win those? No. But to think that all Serena deserves is "it would be foolish to rule her out," is a little bit negative (unless I am misunderstanding you). In tennis anything can happen and for good or bad we happen to be following a woman who can make things "happen" or royally fuck them up. :kiss:
Since Sharapova pulled out, her points will drop by 300, to 2861.

Serena has 2766 and needs 96 to be the new #5.

As long as Serena makes Quarters, she'll get 110 and be #5
:)

:eek:

aisha
Oct 14th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Her current form is her current form. Its up and down but I swear some of y'all kill me with this qf, f, after not playing in nearly two months. Please. I know we expect the most from Serena, but as her fans we gotta be more positive. Will there be ugly matches? Yes. Will she "always" win those? No. But to think that all Serena deserves is "it would be foolish to rule her out," is a little bit negative (unless I am misunderstanding you). In tennis anything can happen and for good or bad we happen to be following a woman who can make things "happen" or royally fuck them up. :kiss:

I think you are misunderstanding me.

I never specifically stated that I am dissatisfied with this result. She's consistently making quarterfinals or better in almost all tournaments, something she hasn't done since 2004.

I was giving an brief but honest assessment of her current form. And I think you verifed it by describing it as "up and down".

Did I ever say that she couldn't win in Zurich?! My feeling is quite the opposite. I do have to be honest in acknowledging that she is capable of playing infinitely better than she did today. For whatever reason(s), it just wasn't her day. And I accept that. What's wrong with that?

IceSkaTennisFan
Oct 15th, 2007, 12:21 AM
If no seeds get moved up as a result of Maria's WD, then it looks like Serena has a chance to avenge each of her losses this year :devil: (YJ Chan was a retirment):

R1: Schnyder (Rome)
R2: Dementieva (Moscow)
QF: Bammer (Hobart)/Kuznetsova (Stuttgart)
SF: Ivanovic
F: Henin (FO/Wimbledon/USO)

2moretogo
Oct 15th, 2007, 01:39 AM
I think you are misunderstanding me.

I never specifically stated that I am dissatisfied with this result. She's consistently making quarterfinals or better in almost all tournaments, something she hasn't done since 2004.

I was giving an brief but honest assessment of her current form. And I think you verifed it by describing it as "up and down".

Did I ever say that she couldn't win in Zurich?! My feeling is quite the opposite. I do have to be honest in acknowledging that she is capable of playing infinitely better than she did today. For whatever reason(s), it just wasn't her day. And I accept that. What's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong, that's why I put "unless I am misunderstanding you" I totally agree that Serena can play infinately better. My post was to simply ask from some clarification. :kiss:

Soothing
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:02 AM
I'm glad that Oracene was there for Serena today. I think her presence helped Serena hold it together. After reading several post regarding the match I have to agree with several comments about her on court demeanor, it's definitely not what it was earlier in the year. It seems like she's trying to force the fight at times, and that's because it's not coming to her automatically and that is frustrating and confusing because that is just as much apart of her game as anything else. What really made this stand out to me today was when she hit the netcord and won the point she was screaming "Come On". That's not typical of her and showed how desperately she wanted the win, but was unable to figure it out today. In any case I'm proud of her for reaching the final and the commitment thus far of her fall schedule. Hope she goes and beats the hell out of them in Zurich:):)

winone23
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Good luck Serena!

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:45 AM
go Ree! Keep improving and work out all of the kinks before YEC! :yeah:

bake cell
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Come on Serena, I'm looking at you as people look at Star Jones and Terry McMillan. Get some dignity back in your game. Losing does not fit your profile. :haha:

*W*
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM
good luck serena!play your game;)

Denise4925
Oct 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Do we want Serena to beat Justine here or wait until the YEC if she can't do it both times :p

Ugh...I don't care...just beat her here.

PatrickRyan
Oct 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I really cant believe Serena is playing three weeks in a row :eek: I think it's the first time in her career.

Denise4925
Oct 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I really cant believe Serena is playing three weeks in a row :eek: I think it's the first time in her career.

Nope 2004, she played three in a row with Miami.

Lulu.
Oct 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Good luck Serena. Play your game and you will win. :yeah:

Olórin
Oct 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Hopefully Serena will beat Elena this time round :)

hotandspicey
Oct 16th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Hopefully Serena will beat Elena this time round :)

Hope she does. Revenge would be nice. Go Rena. keep improving all the way to a win. I'll take 1 out of 3.:bounce:

PatrickRyan
Oct 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Nope 2004, she played three in a row with Miami.

Well then three tournaments in a row :p
This really shows me how serious Serena is about tennis, even though she lost in the final last week, she still make it to the final! It will all come together soon. :)

2moretogo
Oct 16th, 2007, 01:24 AM
So spoiled... (3 weeks in a row?) Anyhoo, glad she decided to play and hopefully there is a live stream for tomorrow!!!

doni1212
Oct 16th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Let's win this one Serena!!

Lulu.
Oct 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Good luck today Serena :bounce:

dulkogii
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Come on serenaaaaaaa!

2moretogo
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Ok, so can someone tell me what the hell happened? Was it an in match problem or did she come out there with this injury.... I pray it is nothing serious!

Craigy
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I don't know why people are laughing in GM, especially Serena fans.
She's clearly badly injured. She couldn't move. She can't do anything. I don't care if people don't agree, but I know fine rightly that knee is bothering her.

Serendy Willick
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I don't know why people are laughing in GM, especially Serena fans.
She's clearly badly injured. She couldn't move. She can't do anything. I don't care if people don't agree, but I know fine rightly that knee is bothering her.

I am sooo sick of these fake serena "fans":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Craigy
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:52 PM
She had her thigh heavily strapped again, but she got it taken off because like earlier in the year (Charleston) it annoys her other leg. But it's that left knee. She can't put all her weight on it. She's playing EXACTLY like she did during the 2005 season (Wimbledon - Beijing). She needs to rest the knee.

2moretogo
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:57 PM
She had her thigh heavily strapped again, but she got it taken off because like earlier in the year (Charleston) it annoys her other leg. But it's that left knee. She can't put all her weight on it. She's playing EXACTLY like she did during the 2005 season (Wimbledon - Beijing). She needs to rest the knee.

Thanks Craig for the description. I haven't been in GM and I am not going to. I think it is a shame that her forum is like empty right now. I just keep posting in here and hopefully some of the saner folks will post more often in here.

Do you know if there was a clip or anything... Too bad I am @ the office or I would seriously need a drink. :help:

Serendy Willick
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Is iT anything very serious Graig (you think that could possible hamper her apparence in the YEC?)

Craigy
Oct 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Hopefully the time off before the YEC will be enough for her to regain fitness. Its really sad to see her like this! :(

Serendy Willick
Oct 16th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Is there any live feed or anything?? I'm looking and I see no articles.

aisha
Oct 16th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Damn. :sad:

I just hope whatever ails her can be cured by rest. :hug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:14 PM
it's an injury??? i didn't know :tape: i thought she was just playing to uphold her commitment...but was too tired in the actual match so retired...sort of what jj did in bangkok....maybe the 2 weeks did her more harm than good?? how bad is it craig??

Craigy
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I don't really know how bad it is. But she wasn't moving, wasn't pushing off much for her serve and wasn't really hitting her shots. :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:18 PM
does it look like it will keep her out of YEC? this would really suck if she did all this hard work and has to keep out of YEC even when qualifying

Craigy
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:20 PM
No I'm sure she'll play. ;)

youizahoe
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Nah it's just probably a little strained thigh muscle or her knee that is a bit sore. She hasn't ever play 3 straight tournaments in her carreer. Plus she didn't have much to rest because of a first round, she had little time to sleep during the last 3 days. As she mentioned on her blog...

I don't think it'll be bad, I've had the same operation like in 2004. Sometimes when you play too many matches in a row, your knee tends to become a bit sore and you need to rest a couple of days to shake it off... She'll be fine, don't worry about it ^^

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:31 PM
that's great!!! cause i can't imagine the hurt she would feel if she didn't get to play YEC at the last moment....after working so hard this season....ty craig :D and belgian

Diesel
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Sad to hear about Zurich, but if she'll be okay for the YEC all's good.

2moretogo
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks Belgian!! Hopefully she get the sleep she needs and can come back ready for YEC. This could get very interesting....

doni1212
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Get some rest Serena and come back stronger!!

"That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger"

youizahoe
Oct 16th, 2007, 09:39 PM
You're welcome. And even we're talking about Serena, she's always ready to kick some ass :D
I kinda liked how she did her hair today, looking very sexy as ever... hehe

This is what I read under a picture of yahoo

"Serena Williams, seen here 14 October 2007, retired from the Zurich Open with a right adductor injury after losing the first nine games to Swiss left-hander Patty Schnyder on Tuesday."

Interview regarding today:

Serena Williams retires in first round of Zurich Open

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Serena Williams retired with a sore right thigh while trailing Patty Schnyder of Switzerland 6-0, 3-0 in the first round of the Zurich Open on Tuesday.

Trailing 3-0 in the first set, Williams had the tape on her right thigh removed. She won only nine points in the set, five on her serve.

"I was hitting really well yesterday and moving well," Williams said. "But before warmup I saw the trainer and said, 'Something's not right."'

The sixth-seeded American was treated again between sets. Winning only one more point, she was broken twice before retiring.

"I hate to quit. I'm not a quitter," Williams said. "I don't like people to think, 'She gave up.' Maybe I worry too much about what other people say."

Schnyder said she was just waiting to see what Williams would do.

"I was checking out the situation a bit and after the first set I kind of suspected she might retire," Schnyder said. "But then I got kind of nervous because in the second set she really started trying."

Williams, who has qualified for the season-ending WTA Championship, had asked to play Tuesday despite coming off a three-set loss to Elena Dementieva at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow on Sunday. She reached the quarterfinals in Stuttgart, Germany, the week before.

"Normally she needs a rest after two weeks of tournaments," Schnyder said. "But I like that she came here and tried."

Williams said she has no other tournaments planned before next month's WTA event in Madrid, Spain.

winone23
Oct 16th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I just want Serena to perform well at the YEC.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM
at least patty appreciates the effort she made :) glad to see players supporting each other :)

youizahoe
Oct 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Well I think a lot of players support each other... but the media twist and turn everything they say. Although the only player that is not friendly on the tour is Justine Henin. That's maybe why nobody really likes her...

But anyway I can hardly wait for 2008. Serena always plays well at the australian open during the uneven years, but the most consistent years are the even ones. So I'm very excited to see this prediction coming true :D

2moretogo
Oct 17th, 2007, 04:22 PM
That article was very positive. Interesting to read Patty's comments as well. Did she specify what the something was that wasn't right? Leg? Knee? or was she just tired?

Olórin
Oct 17th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Patty :hearts: Very nice of her to say that I thought :)

I don't think Serena was seriously injured, I think it was possibly some sort of cramp or soreness brought on by fatiugue.

I think she'll be good to go for the YECs. Back to training in Florida first I hope.

PatrickRyan
Oct 18th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Serena's Blog After Loss
Hey guys,

As I am sure you know I had to withdraw from my match in Zürich. If there is one thing I hate it's giving up or quitting. It is simply not in my vocabulary. So my mom told me I should have stopped after the first set and I could have gotten worse but I felt as though maybe people would think, "She didn't even try."

People who don't know me that well don't realize that I'm a typical Libra and I'm actually quite sensitive. I guess I need to stop thinking about what other people think of me and just do what is best. Well, "What happened?" I'm sure you are asking. I strained my right adductor. If you all followed the Moscow tournament my right leg was strapped because I had some tight muscles. So the doc said that it was me overcompensating for so long that my adductor was doing too much work. Blah blah blah... Injuries are always frustrating for any athlete to deal with.

So with that said, I was really upset because I've always wanted to win Zürich. I made a promise to myself that I was going to play Stuttgart, Moscow and Zürich back at Wimbledon and wanted to do everything to keep that promise. I guess I pushed myself too far. Heck, I had my ticket leaving for next Monday!!!

With that being said I decided not to abandon the blog. I like writing and even if I'm not writing so much about Zürich I can still write about my progress as well as things I am up to. One thing I wanted to talk about on my blog is my 'Saying of the Day' to hopefully help people of all ages out. Today's comes from a special friend that I enjoyed so much I want to share it with you:

Confront your fears and they will disappear. Always remember that bad weather looks worse through a window.

So whatever it is that you want to be or do, don't be afraid to do it or go for it. Sometimes I want to meet new people but I'm afraid they won't like me or they'll think crazy of me. These are my fears... So today and from now on I will try to confront people and talk to them. I'm sure they will find me charming (I hope!)

Let's see... I hope you guys enjoy reading the blog and I will "see" you tomorrow!

xxx

Serena