PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic NEWS Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MilanDokic
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:38 AM
People, I have to tell you next: "Let's prepare for new drama, I hope with happy ending!"

Melbourne, Jelena comes...

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM
what??? Is she coming to Melbourne for Aussie Open???

ce
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
:eek:
:woohoo:

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM
spill your guts MilanDokic and tell us the whole story

MilanDokic
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM
what??? Is she coming to Melbourne for Aussie Open???

Sorry, we don't know the main reason, but soon we'll know for sure.

There are so many new things in life of Dokic's family, but at the moment we don't want to talk about it, in order to discover full mistery.

This time there is another "mistery" person in Jelena's situation!

Be patient, ok?

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:55 AM

There are so many new things in life of Dokic's family, but at the moment we don't want to talk about it, in order to discover full mistery.

Be patient, ok?

Okay :bounce: I hope she really does come back this time. Aussie tennis needs some more top players

Daniel K
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know whether to be :bigclap: or :unsure:
Either way I always like to hear new news about Jelena. Who could this mystery person be? :eek:

Daniel.
Oct 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Be patient u say??? we've all only been waiting like 3 fucken years....

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Oct 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I would ove if she came back!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Oct 13th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I want to now so bad lol!

Chpstk30
Oct 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
what????? is it a reliable source? im so excited!

tilliii
Oct 13th, 2007, 12:39 PM
it would be amazing to see her at the aussie open. although it seems wishful thinking as she's only played 10 k events and ranked in the 600's :(

Highlandman
Oct 13th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Jelena :hearts:

Hopefully she comes back to the real tour and not to these low and weak 10k's :p

scottsue
Oct 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM
All she needs to do is hit the ball and she will beat nearly all but the top 50.

Just Do It
Oct 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
omg I am so excited now :bounce:

Milane, sta se desava, daj nam makar neki nagovestaj oce li Jelena opet igrati tenis ?

Just Do It
Oct 13th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Be patient, ok?

I can imagine something like : She left Bikic brothers, she has a new boyfriend who is a Russian billionaire and he is giving her money for her BIG COME BACK ??

:lol:

King Aaron
Oct 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Well?

MilanDokic
Oct 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Jelena called her brother Savo in Belgrade and told him she had arrived Melbourne!

She told him she would start practicing there!

But this is not good news, because the whole family is splitted up! Damir is in Vrdnik, Savo (16-years-old) is in Belgrade alone, Ljiljana left Savo and went to Sydney, Jelena is in Melbourne! Nobody knows is Bikic with Jelena there.

Australian medias will write about it 100% in next 2-3 days, I'm sure!

Something serious is happening with them, we can't discover what's going on really!

Just Do It
Oct 13th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Ljiljana is in Australia becasue of Jelena ?

Just Do It
Oct 13th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Any news are good news. I am excited now to see what will Australians write about this. I hope Jelena will give an interview to them :)

And I am glad she had money for this trip and I guess she is staying somewhere, in a hotel ?

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 13th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I would love to see Jelena finally get back on track. I hope this is a positive first step for her.

MilanDokic
Oct 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Ljiljana is in Australia becasue of Jelena ?

To i jeste najveca misterija, jer je Ljiljana tamo vec tri nedelje, i to jos u Sidneju!

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Jelena :hearts:

Schnyderfreak
Oct 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
ooowh Finally!!! this seems like the beginning of a new start with time to spare to prepare for the next season. Breakups are never pleasant, but this one could turn out quite well for Jelena!! Let this be the right moment then!!

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:41 PM
This is very interesting...Now don't get your hopes up guys but there is a challenger tournament next week in Traralgon which is near Melbourne...maybe just maybe she will play this event. There follows one weeks rest before 3 tournaments in South Australia. All events are $25k's...or maybe she's been accepted for Hopman Cup and has come to start practising :tape:

Hopefully she's ditched the Bikic's and Australian officials forbid her from leaving the country for anything other than international tournaments...

I must ask this though...HOW RELIABLE IS THIS SOURCE...50% or 99%???
I suppose we'll find out when the media gets wind

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Ljiljana's in Sydney :eek:

Freakan
Oct 13th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Well, I wouldn't be too optimistic about. Even if she's there, I wouldn't be surprised if she wouldn't get too many WC's...

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I just got another thought, maybe she has accepted offers from TA?

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
WOW this is great news..... ANY new is good news with Jelena Dokic.....

Just Do It
Oct 13th, 2007, 11:06 PM
To i jeste najveca misterija, jer je Ljiljana tamo vec tri nedelje, i to jos u Sidneju!

Pa nema druge, sta bi inace Ljiljana radila u Australiji ?

Najbolji scenario bi bio da je Ljiljana uzela Jelenu u svoje ruke, da ju je nagovorila da uzme ponudu TA i da je sada sa njom u Australiji.

:lol: Ja sam bas optimistican :)

Привет
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Jelena Dokic in Australia? :speakles:

Oh please be true. Play a tournament Jelena, so I can put you back in my signature where I have my favourite active players! :D

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Oct 14th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I am so excited!

scottsue
Oct 14th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I really hope all of this is true. If it is not is not fair to fans who have got their excitement up and will be really disappointed if she does not show.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Oct 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I really hope all of this is true. If it is not is not fair to fans who have got their excitement up and will be really disappointed if she does not show.

Same here... I dont know wether to be excited or no she wont do it... But I have faith :D

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
no updates yet?

Wojtek
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
is it true?

OZTENNIS
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Nothing in the Australian media ATM

Just Do It
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I am really wondering where she is. I guess she contacted TA. Can you guys from Australia somehow contact them to ask about this ?

Maybe Jelena is in Australia because she must renew her passport ? :spit:

I remember 2 years ago she was in Belgrade and everybody started talking she is back in Serbia to train, but in the end she left Belgrade saying she was there just because of the passport :spit:

OZTENNIS
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I am really wondering where she is. I guess she contacted TA. Can you guys from Australia somehow contact them to ask about this ?

Maybe Jelena is in Australia because she must renew her passport ? :spit:

I remember 2 years ago she was in Belgrade and everybody started talking she is back in Serbia to train, but in the end she left Belgrade saying she was there just because of the passport :spit:

You can send an email to TA, but won't get a reply for 2 or 3 days...

She shouldn't be allowed to leave the country :lol: :help: if she is indeed here

OZTENNIS
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Here's the TA link to make a general inquiry

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/article.aspx?id=4&pageId=12306&articleid=contactusta&handlerid=2

azza
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Shes obviously retired

rada
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:31 PM
If she is here i wish here all the best and hope for a great comeback

ozfan44
Oct 14th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Jelena please be here and training for a comeback!

Just Do It
Oct 14th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Shes obviously retired

:confused:

Cankarlo
Oct 14th, 2007, 02:48 PM
It is pretty strange that all family splitted up. Savo is so young to stay alone I think. And I would love to see Jelena in tournaments with her brother Savo supporting her on court. I think savo should come with her sister. I wish you well my jelena. We love you so much and we believe in you. Come on girl!!!

MilanDokic
Oct 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
It is pretty strange that all family splitted up.

Yes, that's what is the most strange! Ljiljana arrived Sydney three weeks ago (why in Sydney, they have cousins in Canberra), but Jelena arrived yesterday!

But, I can't discover why Ljiljana left her 16-years-old son with no words!

Time will show the truth!

Cankarlo
Oct 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Time will show us. That's right.

Belco
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:23 AM
ohh my nice news

happy hapyy

Привет
Oct 15th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I wanna hear that Jelena is training in Melbourne and planning to enter tournaments. :impatient:

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM
me too.... im so eager to learn more

vutt
Oct 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Yes, that's what is the most strange! Ljiljana arrived Sydney three weeks ago (why in Sydney, they have cousins in Canberra), but Jelena arrived yesterday!

But, I can't discover why Ljiljana left her 16-years-old son with no words!

Time will show the truth!

I wonder how does Damir's possible illness fit into that picture?
Was it hoax?

Philip
Oct 15th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I cant believe anything until i see it for real :(

But i have hope!

Daniel.
Oct 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22595110-23216,00.html

^^^ THATS THE LINK!
JELENA IS OFFICIALLY IN AUSTRALIA!!!

NOW WE WAIT FOR MORE NEWS... I'M GUESSING SHE WILL NOT PLAY ANYTHING UNTIL THE WILDCARD PLAY-OFF AND THEN TRY THE SAME STUFF AS 2005, HOPEFULLY WITH SUCCESS THIS TIME.

GO JELENA!!! REWARD US FOR OUR PATIENCE!!!!

Alizé Molik
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:15 AM
25k traralgon here we come!! lol this is promising, but I don't I coud handle the heartbreak of another Razzanogate.

Ben.
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:37 AM
well just as long as she plays again...thats all we should be concerned about, not match wins.

Привет
Oct 16th, 2007, 09:21 AM
If Jelena enters some higher tournaments and shows signs of really wanting to get back to a regular schedule, I will be more than happy.

:lol: Daniel...

You know someone is truly excited when there's not a lower case letter in sight! ;)

Maybe my Hopman Cup aspirations weren't so far fetched after all. :hearts:
:lol: JOKE.

It's fantastic that she is in Australia though. It can only mean good news in my opinion. Why would she come back to Australia if she wasn't planning on playing? C'mon Jelena, do something good this time. :)

Schnyderfreak
Oct 16th, 2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22595110-23216,00.html

^^^ THATS THE LINK!
JELENA IS OFFICIALLY IN AUSTRALIA!!!

NOW WE WAIT FOR MORE NEWS... I'M GUESSING SHE WILL NOT PLAY ANYTHING UNTIL THE WILDCARD PLAY-OFF AND THEN TRY THE SAME STUFF AS 2005, HOPEFULLY WITH SUCCESS THIS TIME.

GO JELENA!!! REWARD US FOR OUR PATIENCE!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: Requesting the gods has helped!!:clap2: :clap2:

Now train your but off and get fit for the Aussi open 2008 Jelena:D

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM
All my prayers have been answers!!! (have i ever prayed?! no.) great news and im so excited

Just Do It
Oct 16th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I guess you dont have doubts in MilanDokic now :)

Cankarlo
Oct 16th, 2007, 06:48 PM
just do it. Has this guy passed away wich is on your avatar?He is looking so young.

JimM
Oct 16th, 2007, 07:58 PM
From Sun Australia

Jelena Dokic returns to Australia to play tennis

Tennis Australia’s CEO Steve Wood announced today:
“Jelena has decided to come back to Melbourne to prepare herself for a return to competitive tennis. Tennis Australia will help facilitate access to coaching, courts and hitting partners.

At this stage it is too early to speculate on when she will resume playing. As a former world number four and Wimbledon semifinalist we believe she deserves this opportunity to realize her potential.”

Just Do It
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Jelena Dokic returns to Australia to play tennis

Just Do It
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM
just do it. Has this guy passed away wich is on your avatar?He is looking so young.

Unfortunately yes, he died in a car crash today.

Tose Proeski 26 y. old :(

GeeTee
Oct 16th, 2007, 10:15 PM
It's hard to imagine Jelena being anywhere near Top 50 - even Top 100 - form, with her lean record over the past year or so. One thing in her favour is that Tennis Australia might be almost struggling to give away AO wildcards to Aussies in January.

With four women certain to qualify for the main draw, the five available wildcards (with other three going to Asia, US and France) might be a toss-up between Adamczak, Ferguson, Wheeler, maybe Jessica Moore.... then who???

Most of the other Aussies would be lucky to win a match in qualifying (if they're given wildcards for that as they won't qualify on their own merits).

So a decent showing at the AO Wildcard events (and better if she would play in at least one of the ITF events in South Australia for matchplay) might be all that's needed for a chance of a WC. She'd be guaranteed a wildcard for AO qualifying, if she's not too proud. Heck, she could do with the points from ANY event.

Melbourne Age (http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/dokic-looks-to-rebound-in-australia/2007/10/16/1192300767641.html):

"JELENA Dokic practised yesterday morning at Melbourne Park on one of the few Rebound Ace courts yet to be replaced, in the name of progress, by Plexicushion. Dokic, too, is something of a tennis dinosaur, unranked and facing career extinction at the age of 24.

So she is back — here, since the weekend, in her adopted homeland, having rebuffed Tennis Australia's offers of coaching and other assistance, then reaching out for the lifeline it graciously re-extended during the strictly non-cash negotiations of recent weeks. Desperation? Smells awfully like it.

The last that had been heard of Dokic was early last month, when she reportedly was listed as an alternate for a $US10,000 tournament in Italy. If her plans are unclear, so is much of what has gone on since her most recent defeat — in the first round of another humble European satellite tournament almost seven months ago.

There have been the usual injury and personal turmoil rumours, although most of the websites that once chronicled her every move are woefully out of date. Which is not so surprising, when one notes the arbitrary ranking of 9999th assigned to those without rankings points.

Dokic was previously seen in Australia in January 2006, as a tearful first-round loser to France's Virginie Razzano at the grand slam tournament — her first, and only, since 2004 — she had entered with the main draw wildcard earned at Tennis Australia's annual play-off.

Still apparently estranged from her father, Damir, Dokic now holds dual Australian and Serbian citizenship and is based in Zagreb, but plays under the Australian flag.

Where? When? For how much longer? Does anyone really know? Perhaps only Dokic herself, back in Melbourne when she was least expected, but not talking. At least, not yet."

ABC News (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/16/2061118.htm?section=sport):

"Tennis Australia says it will help organise coaching and provide practice facilities for Dokic but will not offer any financial assistance."

ce
Oct 16th, 2007, 10:26 PM
yes he did :sad:
he was so talented,such a tragedy

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
"Jelena has decided to come back to Melbourne to prepare herself for a return to competitive tennis," TA chief executive Steve Wood said. :)

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 17th, 2007, 04:08 AM
:speakles: :woohoo:

ZOMG :bounce:

OZTENNIS
Oct 17th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Jelena :)

Hopefully this time it's for real

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 17th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Any pics of Jelena upon her return?

I wonder what she looks like now. :unsure:

Daniel K
Oct 17th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Any pics of Jelena upon her return?

I wonder what she looks like now. :unsure:

There's a video of her in GM. She's put on some weight but hitting well it seems.

Keadz
Oct 17th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I just posted an AWESOME interview from her in the gm thread!..check it out...and try to not get to excited!

OZTENNIS
Oct 17th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah, here it is courtesy of TA:

Exclusive: Jelena's first interview
Melbourne, 17 October 2007
Tennis Australia

Firstly, let me say it is great to be back in Melbourne. Of course I used to live in Sydney, so there are still things new to me here. I haven't been here for two years. I am happily reminded it is a beautiful city and I love it here and am really enjoying being back.
Training here is great and I have all the facilities I need and it is good to see some familiar faces.
So why did I stop playing and why have I come back now? I just haven't played because I didn't feel within myself that I was ready to play. That's why I took pretty much the whole year off.
You always have ups and downs in a career and, of course, I have had a bit of a down period. I felt like I just wasn't ready to play, until now. I think if you are not ready it is counterproductive to try and comeback. It is better to leave it and get yourself together. That is what I have done.
It has taken some time, but right now I feel like I am in a place mentally and physically that I am ready and able to compete. Now I feel in mind and body I am back and ready to give 100 per cent to train hard and try and play again.
I have to say I have really missed tennis. I miss the playing, I miss the competing.
So I think that this is the best way to try and get back into my tennis … to make the commitment to come here to Melbourne very early and train hard and see what opportunities I get.

I need to put in a good two to three months of hard training and this is the best place to do it.
I am under no illusions. This is going to be very difficult. I am trying to make a full comeback and only a few people like Jennifer (Capriati), Mary (Pierce) and Andre (Agassi) have done it. It is not an easy position to be in, you have to earn respect all over again.
It is 100 times harder than when you first come along, because everything is new and there's no pressure and you are very young.
The biggest thing I have to do is work very hard for the next three months. I look forward to it, but it won't be easy. When I made the top five, one of the keys to my success was simply hard work and lots of it.
I have to totally live tennis now from six o'clock in the morning until 10 o'clock at night then sleep, wake up and start all over again.
I am doing a lot of fitness stuff off the court and am starting slowly on the court. I am trying to get my fitness sorted first and then get some rhythm on the court and I will up the workload as I go along.
I don't want to do too much too quickly and get injured. I know my body.
I am aiming to be 100 per cent fit by the play-off time (wildcard play-off in December) … basically as fit as I can be without having played matches.
That is the first stage then, of course, I will need lots of matches to get the mental part of my game right and to get match fit.
I am lucky I have a good hitting partner and can lift or lower the intensity of my training. It really helps to have good people to work with. Historically my fitness rises pretty quickly and even after two weeks I expect to be able to do a lot more than I could at the beginning.
Along the way I will set some goals, get a few matches in and maybe even play some qualifying depending upon what opportunities I can get.
I have to keep reminding myself that I am starting from scratch.
But right now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I am in a city I love and training hard for a comeback to a game I love. I have truly missed it and I am determined to get back on court.

OZTENNIS
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds promising :)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I am so excited!

Just Do It
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Great news !!

There is one pic of Jelena in GM as well ! :)

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Great news !!

There is one pic of Jelena in GM as well ! :)
There's 2 pics of Jelena in the interview article. :hearts:

Just Do It
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Watching that video I am not sure will Jelena be able to run on the court for 60 minutes, Have you seen her belly ? :unsure:

Привет
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:45 AM
:haha: She will get fitter. ;)

Any thoughts on the racquet change? It seems so strange to see her with a Wilson. :) She can use whatever racquet she wants though, as long as she is playing tennis. :)

Just Do It
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
:haha: She will get fitter. ;)

Any thoughts on the racquet change? It seems so strange to see her with a Wilson. :) She can use whatever racquet she wants though, as long as she is playing tennis. :)

Maybe she is planning to sign a contract with Wilson ? Well, money is all she needs at the moment.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Any thoughts on the racquet change? It seems so strange to see her with a Wilson. :)
I noticed that too. I think Wilson will work fine for her, I've always held Wilson to a standard above other tennis brands for some reason.

Alizé Molik
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I am so incredibly excited!

Philip
Oct 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
:dance: !!!

Ben.
Oct 17th, 2007, 02:16 PM
for you aussies out there, i just saw jelena on sports tonight :) anyone watched it?

Just Do It
Oct 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM
for you aussies out there, i just saw jelena on sports tonight :) anyone watched it?

What was she talking about ?

Just Do It
Oct 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
TA director of player development Craig Tiley warned Dokic she would have to comply with the organisation's strict performance criteria.

"It's been made clear to Jelena that TA is not a gravy train," Tiley said.

Dokic returned to Australia on Friday for the first time in 22 months. Tiley said she would remain in Melbourne indefinitely.

"She's going to stay here until she is ready to play her first tournament," he said.

:lol:

Dokic, shadowed by boyfriend Tin Bikic and manager John Giannarelli as she practised with hitting partner Duje Kuvacic, did not mention her estranged father Damir Dokic.

Wait, this means Tin is there with her ?

:eek: @ Jelena still having a manager :lol:

vutt
Oct 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Tin is ok sort of. It's have been between them more than 4 years now. I suppose he is there to stay, but Borna with his "professional" experites must stay away from her.

ce
Oct 17th, 2007, 08:26 PM
i JUST HATE BIKICS

Highlandman
Oct 17th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Well yeah, but with Bikic she also been in Top-15 in 2003 and "still" Top-100 for most of 2004.

Hopefully she can come back at least Top-100 and a ranking "where she has a good life in tennis".

Just Do It
Oct 17th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Her hitting partner's name is Duje, that is a typical Croatian name, I guess she found him in Zagreb and he came to Australia with her ? Or tennis Australia recommended him to her ?

Привет
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:10 PM
:lol: JustDoIt, I would think that her manager is from Tennis Australia, seeing as though his name is John Giannarelli, which is more Australian sounding than Croatian. ;)

OZTENNIS
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Привет were you at Gympie on Sunday??

DokicForever
Oct 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM
This is great news Jelena!!
Good luck!!!! :bounce:

louloubelle
Oct 18th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I wish Jelena all the best but all this has a familiar ring to it. I'm skeptical whether after comeback number god-knows-what that she'll be back in the top 100-200 by the end of 2008. I think she does see TA as a 'gravy train' so hopefully they've been tough with her.

Hopefully she is finally 'committed'.

Her trouble is that she doesn't really do anything for months, recommitts herself, practices like she used to when she was 16 and then re-injures herself because her body is capable of that work load at the time. Hopefully she can get a decent fitness adviser in her corner to give a hand.

Cankarlo
Oct 18th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Did anyone see Jelena's hair color?:eek: She is not blonde anymore. And boy, she has to lose some weight quickly.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 18th, 2007, 07:57 AM
She wasn't blonde in 2006 either.

Привет
Oct 18th, 2007, 08:44 AM
What colour is her hair? :lol:

Alizé Molik
Oct 18th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I don't think it will take her long to get back in shape, I think she looked more untoned than flat out 'fat'

Just Do It
Oct 18th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Lets hope she will hit Melbourne beaches and change hair colour :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
What colour is her hair? :lol:
I'd call it a (very) dirty blonde. Pretty much brown. :p

King Aaron
Oct 18th, 2007, 05:59 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

rada
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM
i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy she is back home :)

Belco
Oct 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM
i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy she is back home :)

me too and i cant wait to see her :D :D

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 19th, 2007, 10:49 PM
not sure if this photo has been posted, sorrry if it has !

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8382/dokiczx6.jpg

Philip
Oct 20th, 2007, 12:25 AM
not sure if this photo has been posted, sorrry if it has !

im looking forward to seeing the transformation from this to what she will be like at the wc playoff/aus open! if i remember rightly she was out of shape the last time she came to play in aus, but by the time ao came around she looked great! maybe i imagined that ;)

Alizé Molik
Oct 20th, 2007, 12:33 AM
haha I was going to the WC playoff anyway but now there is no way I'm missing it.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 20th, 2007, 12:38 AM
SHOO!!!!!! :armed: :hearts: :rocker2:

Ben.
Oct 20th, 2007, 12:54 AM
does anyone know who jelena is sponsored by?

OZTENNIS
Oct 20th, 2007, 07:00 AM
I would like to see Jelena playing in qualifying for Gold Coast, Hobart and Australian Open next year. I don't think she would be ready to compete in the main draw of any of these events yet...what do you guys think?

Ben.
Oct 20th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah that might not be a bad idea...maybe she should play some small ITF tourneys in Australia i think.

Dani12
Oct 20th, 2007, 08:59 AM
She should play the 25k's in Australia..!

vutt
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:33 AM
does anyone know who jelena is sponsored by?

I don't think women ranked #999+ have usually sponsors.

Привет
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM
:lol: No. Jelena wouldn't have sponsors right now. But if she can get some good results in tournaments then she shouldn't have trouble finding them. Adidas would suit Jelena I think.

Just Do It
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Guys, do you think Jelena will get wild card Q or MD even if she does not win wc play off ?

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:46 AM
i think she is guaranteed a place in at least the qualies event of wta events in Aus via a wildcard......

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 20th, 2007, 05:55 PM
i think she is guaranteed a place in at least the qualies event of wta events in Aus via a wildcard......
Agreed.

OZTENNIS
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I reckon TA will give her quallies wildcards...and rightly so...

I don't think she'll win the playoff this year...

Since Jelena won it in 2005, lots of good, young talented players have emerged...two of the best being Isabella Holland (age 15) and Jessica Moore (age 17)...not to mention other players like Monique Adamczak and Christina Wheeler, who will most likely be playing too

ce
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Ajmo Jelena win that thing

OZTENNIS
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Ajmo Jelena win that thing

With no competitive match play behind her in 9 months??? I find that very unlikely

ce
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
With no competitive match play behind her in 9 months??? I find that very unlikely

she won it in 2005 when she was in same situation:wavey:

OZTENNIS
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
she won it in 2005 when she was in same situation:wavey:

Um correction...in 2005 she came to Australia with a WTA Ranking of 349. And she had played her last competitive match in August, not March :kiss:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:26 PM
LOL @ OZTENNIS. If Jelena's training goes well from now til playoff time and she's in good physical condition, she most certainly can win that playoff. Let's face it: In top form, she's better than any of the players who will be participating.

While I agree with you that she probably won't win it (since I find it almost impossible to believe in Jelena these days), she definitely CAN and probably SHOULD win it.

Highlandman
Oct 21st, 2007, 12:14 AM
I think she rather lose to a "Oldie" like Wheeler than to a Moore. We remember what she did with Nikola Hofmannova in Ismaning last year for example - and lost to players like Gatto-Monticone or Laura Valverdu-Zaira :o

GeeTee
Oct 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM
hmmmm - http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/tennis-overblown/2007/10/19/1192301046947.html

Back and hungry
HELLO, it is me, you former and once again future Queen of all Australia tennis, the giftered one that you hamburger and the chip Australia people like to call "Our Jelena". You are hereby regally instructed to hen's-fourth ignore and have strickened from you mind any photography of Jelena that you have seen in media newspaper this week as these are all the tricky photography with the Anna Morpheus lens and the digitalus lamipudated images. Your Jelena never look like that, ever in the history of the world Earth, and is still the same winsome, dimpled, urchin kick in the pantaloons area that you always know and love, just ask my famerous Croartian boyfriends Tin Bikkies. Furthermost, despite current scandal swindle tennis ranking of being 9999th best player in the world, I am pledge to strive and strain harder than ever before to achieve goal and am not afraid to say that after only next two year of intensing training and around the clock club-lock on fridge door, I will astonish by rising to giddy ranking of 9997th best player in world. Unfortulately, only little hitch in pants is that I cannot play tennis right now, as wrist hurt and it is very difficold to lever Jelena tennis Queen up off couch. We are looking into small crane or fork-lift solution to remedy problems and all should be in place for major Australia Open wild-card challenge. Please have no more fears for you tiny country as no matter what bum wins elections, you will once again rejoice in bounty and posterity that only come here when Your Jelena is Queen of tennis course again. Also special legal note from my lawyers attach: if Crapsy Creamy Donuts Company knows what is the good for them, they will imyediately seal and destroy all bulk order personal delivery records, or it will be massive $$$$ settlements, and the Big House for you. Thank you, I have spoken.
Jelena Dokic

Australia

Привет
Oct 21st, 2007, 12:27 AM
:lol: Someone has a little too much time on their hands. Rather sad, I hope they find a hobby soon.

Rather sad that 'The Age' (whoever that is, a newspaper that believes it is Australia's best, no doubt, as they all do) would publish that on their website. Yes, newspapers should include contrasting opinions on issues, but opinions from people with the intellect of AT LEAST a four year old no less.

Ben.
Oct 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM
yeah, i agree with OZTENNIS that it will be quite difficult this time round for jelena to win the wildcard play-off. but then again she has nothing to lose & only something to gain really.

Привет
Oct 21st, 2007, 05:20 AM
With some solid training behind her, Jelena could win the play off.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:28 AM
I just can't wait to see 'Jelena Dokic def.' in a result. :bigcry: Ugh, Australia couldn't be any further away.

Work hard, Jelena. :hearts: You can do this.

OZTENNIS
Oct 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
To be honest, I think it would do Jelena good to lose in the playoff...it would or at least should make her even more determined (IMO) to bounce back from a loss to a lowly ranked Aussie player

Привет
Oct 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM
:lol: WhatTheDeuce the more you rant about how much you miss Jelena and can't wait for her to be back the more I want her back too. :sobbing:

I was watching Venus play Alla Kudryavtseva from this years Wimbledon. Every now and then Alla would hit a shot that reminded me of Dokic, which made me imagine Dokic playing at Wimbledon, which got me excited for her return. :(

I don't wanna be dissapointed Jelena! Work that arse off! :D

Harvs
Oct 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM
cant wait to see her at the playoffs! will be so great to see her:):):)

scottsue
Oct 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
I wish Jelena every success and wish her well. She is a talent and I believe will probably breeze through the play off. She will have media scrutiny which she clearly enjoys and I think the more of that she has the better she plays. If any reporter were to ask her about Damir she will snarl and play better the next day.

I think that TA will give main draw wild cards too....particularly to the NSW Open or whatever it is sponsored by this year.

Belco
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Whats the date for play-offs? No way im missing it this year :) Gotta be there to clap away

Highlandman
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:08 PM
STOP with word losing! We all must think more positive & optimistic :hearts: :p :p

When you ask me, I think Jelena won't lose any match in this Playoff-Thing :p :cool:

Philip
Oct 21st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Whats the date for play-offs? No way im missing it this year :) Gotta be there to clap away
Yeah i wana know too :p
So tempted to book a flight over to OZ lol :lol: .... in my dreams ;)

Princeza
Oct 21st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Go Jelena, you show them :rocker2:

OZTENNIS
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:15 PM
15-21 December 2007

ce
Oct 21st, 2007, 11:05 PM
ajmo Jelena

Привет
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:11 AM
15 December is so long away! :sobbing:

Oh well plenty of time for Jelena to train hard, get fit and get into some good (if not match) form.

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
I think and would hope Jelena would try to get some real match play in before the play-off though. Perhaps she will ask for a WC into one of the last Aussie 25K of the season at Nurioopta or Mt. Gambier.

Привет
Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
Maybe Blake, maybe.

Schnyderfreak
Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:22 AM
15-21 December 2007

:banana: :banana: yesss enough time to get prepared for it , although it is still 6 weeks away :sad:
.waiting really sucks, although you know in Jelena's case she can use this time very well to get rid of those luv handles.( mobility used to be one of her great strenghts besides the fore hammer)
Is there anyway we could follow her matches on the internet during the play offs?? cuz it sure wont be on ES here

Highlandman
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
I think and would hope Jelena would try to get some real match play in before the play-off though. Perhaps she will ask for a WC into one of the last Aussie 25K of the season at Nurioopta or Mt. Gambier.

Hm, I think now she already would be in there in qualies with her SR :p :)

Belco
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
15-21 December 2007

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: as long as i dont sign a new roster contract i have 17th & 21st off.. I assume final would be 21st

OZTENNIS
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
:banana: :banana: yesss enough time to get prepared for it , although it is still 6 weeks away :sad:
.waiting really sucks, although you know in Jelena's case she can use this time very well to get rid of those luv handles.( mobility used to be one of her great strenghts besides the fore hammer)
Is there anyway we could follow her matches on the internet during the play offs?? cuz it sure wont be on ES here

There are no live scores or television coverage (of course), but TA is usually pretty qucik at getting the results on their website with some write ups and stuff :)

Just Do It
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
I hope you guys will go and take some pics and vids :) :)

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
SHOO!!!!! SHOO!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :rocker2: :armed:

Привет
Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
:lol: No chance I will be there. Although I would love to be there.

OZTENNIS
Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
I can't go either :o

Keadz
Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
It is actually really good, and FREE. I would say to anyone who is interested in Australian tennis to go down to the play-offs, you get to see many of the lower ranked Aussie players as well as the juniors who are rising up the rankings. You can ask some questions to some of the players because they walk around the grounds a lot watching some of the other players and I got Jelena's autograph last time she played there:)

Just Do It
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
I am wondering who will play there and who will be seeded 1 ?

Schnyderfreak
Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
There are no live scores or television coverage (of course), but TA is usually pretty qucik at getting the results on their website with some write ups and stuff :)

That will have to do then.Any news is better than no news, except for the bad news ;)

It is actually really good, and FREE. I would say to anyone who is interested in Australian tennis to go down to the play-offs, you get to see many of the lower ranked Aussie players as well as the juniors who are rising up the rankings. You can ask some questions to some of the players because they walk around the grounds a lot watching some of the other players and I got Jelena's autograph last time she played there:)

For freeee :eek: geeezz why is it on the other side of the world then? :sad:
damn what an opportunity to get real close to the action there.
pfffff:fiery: if I win the lottery i'll tell my boss to suck it and I'll go there to support.the weather can't be any worse than here with half of your colleagues in bed with the flu.:fiery:
CMON JELENA:bounce: :bounce:

GeeTee
Oct 24th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Sophie Ferguson will probably be top seed in the playoff ahead of Monique Adamczak. They're the highest ranked Aussies who don't auto-qualify for the draw.

Harvs
Oct 24th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Sophie Ferguson will probably be top seed in the playoff ahead of Monique Adamczak. They're the highest ranked Aussies who don't auto-qualify for the draw.

i serously doubt sophie will play the playoffs... she didnt last year

Привет
Oct 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Even though Sophie and Monique are the top two Aussies who don't automatically qualify for maindraw, they will probably receive a maindraw wildcard because of their high rankings.

I wouldn't expect either of them to be at the play-offs, which is good news for Jelena. :)

OZTENNIS
Oct 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Sophie won't play IMO, but Monique usually plays each year...who knows this year...TA might demand one of them play so someone like Lauren Breadmore or Nicole Kriz fluke their way through the draw :help:

hdfb
Oct 25th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Man. I'm so fucking pissed off. The play-off starts on 15th and I leave for Japan/Hong Kong on the 14th. Fuck man. FUCK.

I went to see all Dokic's Melbourne matces 2 years ago and damn I wanna see this wildcard play off again. Hopefully I will catch her in AO main draw.... as well as possibly a warm-up tournament.

Belco
Oct 25th, 2007, 03:49 AM

or i just text u the results.. was it u i was sending messages to last playoffs dokic was in?

Was some time ago... Thinking about it now it was ozfan44 i think :D

OZTENNIS
Oct 25th, 2007, 04:38 AM
or i just text u the results.. was it u i was sending messages to last playoffs dokic was in?

:lol: that was ozfan44...

But still, who needs TV coverage when WTAWorld will have its own ''reporters'' scurrying around Melbourne Park, keeping all of us less fortunate souls well-informed of all the latest goings on with match reports, photos, videos and texted results :cool:

Medina
Oct 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Im thinking about going.

hdfb
Oct 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Im thinking about going.

Well it's holiday season and if you live near Melbourne, you should definitely go.

OZTENNIS
Oct 25th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Jelena's been in Melbourne for two weeks now :bounce:

Привет
Oct 25th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Ajde Jelena staying in Melbourne! :woohoo:

You should definitely go Medina. I would go if not just to see Jelena's matches if I was near Melbourne. Unfortunately I'm a thousand or so kilometres away up in Queensland. ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 25th, 2007, 10:55 PM
jd4eva (former poster) was driving by the tennis complex and spotted Jelena walking around with her tennis bag a couple of days ago. :hearts: He was going pretty fast so he couldn't get a great look at how her fitness seemed to be coming along or anything, but it was definitely her.

[/random]

Привет
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:44 AM
A Jelena sighting! :eek:

:haha:

GeeTee
Oct 26th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Ozfan gets everyone to text him results! :)

I think the wildcards are almost certain this year and Sophie (and maybe) Monique are obvious favourites given their form in the Qld ITFs recently and in Traralgon this week. But I still hope they'd play. If it was this strong a field even the semi-finalists would have a good shot of earning one of the main-draw wildcards.

Considering Tennis Australia's 'rules' for awarding wildcards - "To be eligible to be CONSIDERED for wildcards into the Australian Open and Australian Open series tournaments, athletes MUST enter and compete in this tournament."

Sounds pretty clear-cut to me, although I'm sure some might take a punt on scoring a wildcard regardless.

Hmmm..the wild-card event probably needs its' own thread...;)

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:39 AM
lol a rare jelena sighting? how exciting i would have wet myself! (not literally)

Just Do It
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I am wondering how Jelena looks like now.

Is anyone from Melbourne here ? Since Jelena is training in Melbourne AO tennis complex somebody should go and take pis and vids and give us a report :lol:

OZTENNIS
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:16 PM
She was training indoors before...I doubt anyone would be allowed in there...but if it was outside :)

Belco
Oct 26th, 2007, 12:30 PM
She was training indoors before...I doubt anyone would be allowed in there...but if it was outside :)

u cant just rock up and walk through the complex :confused: unless u hire a court but i highly doubt u can hire one until the open is finished

scottsue
Oct 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I have text Ozfan too!

Привет
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure whether it would be better to see updates on Jelena while she is training, or just see the final (or near to) product at the playoffs.

By the way, Jelena will most likely be participating in the training camp before the playoff, right?

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:42 PM
By the way, Jelena will most likely be participating in the training camp before the playoff, right?
I'm assuming she is. She better.

OZTENNIS
Oct 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
To be in the playoff, you must train in the training camp (unless you are a last minute replacement)

Apparently, this year's event might be a round robin, meaning Jelena will be guaranteed 3 matches

Medina
Oct 27th, 2007, 12:27 AM
If its a RR, that better for Jelena, More match play. But she needs to get alot more fit before then. :wavey:

Привет
Oct 27th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Jelena is back in my signature, WhatTheDeuce. :wavey:

:)

I figured Jelena would be participating in the training camp but you never know. ;)

I can't wait to see her name back in a draw of a tournament. Even seeing her results from the WC playoff will get me excited.

Highlandman
Oct 28th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah Medina, if you get this big chance - take it :-)

I agree with you guys she should play a bit before, maybe 25k Mount Gambier? :-)

Philip
Oct 30th, 2007, 01:28 AM
im already bored of waiting. :p

Привет
Oct 30th, 2007, 06:51 AM
So am I. But patience is a virtue that will hopefully pay off for Jelena fans. :)

Daniel K
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:09 AM
There's not going to be a training camp before the play-off this year, so that's probably another week we have to wait to finally get some news or pictures. But yeah it is a round-robin this year so :D 3 guaranteed Jelena matches.

Привет
Oct 30th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Hmm disappointing there won't be a training camp but the round robin is so good for Jelena! :)

Harvs
Oct 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
There's not going to be a training camp before the play-off this year, so that's probably another week we have to wait to finally get some news or pictures. But yeah it is a round-robin this year so :D 3 guaranteed Jelena matches.

where did u find all this out:)?

Keadz
Oct 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Harvs, the news about that info can be find here.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/speed-juniors-growth-says-rafter/2007/10/29/1193618796038.html

Highlandman
Oct 30th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Hopefully Jelena won't get a difficult group :p

Harvs
Oct 30th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Harvs, the news about that info can be find here.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/speed-juniors-growth-says-rafter/2007/10/29/1193618796038.html

cheers mate

Привет
Oct 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I hope Jelena gets a difficult group and wins all her matches, proving that she is back to play. :)

Highlandman
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
I hope Jelena gets a difficult group and wins all her matches, proving that she is back to play. :)

Not more than one "strong" opponent :p Maybe Adamczak in her group.

Привет
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:08 AM
If Jelena is going to be capable of beating the other players (not saying she will be), then I hope she plays them and beats them. :shrug:

So Disrespectful
Nov 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM
So she'd have to win 5 matches? That's a good thing :)

Привет
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:20 AM
That's a very good thing! ;) I hope Jelena can make the semis at least. She would have to be considered for a wildcard if she can do that. :) C'mon Jelena train hard and get fit please! :hearts:

Dave, just watched a couple of old Jelena vids you uploaded onto youtube. ;) Dokic vs Rubin at Zurich from 02?? and Dokic vs Widjaja Toronto 03. :) Let's hope she can regain some of that form at the playoffs.

Philip
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:15 AM
Oooh i was just watching youtube too... and im getting rather psyched for jelenas return... i really really really REALLY hope its a full return to full time tennis... even if she didnt make top 50 again, just to see her week in week out in draws is enough... ! roll on mid dec, january!! :p

Daniel K
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:47 AM
C'mon Jelena. I need another fave playing well now that Martina's gone

Ben.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:39 AM
hopefully jelena can win at least a few matches :D be good for her confidence.

ce
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
AJMO JELENA
win that thing

Chpstk30
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:41 AM
im getting excited and its still only November....... good luck Jelena

Wojtek
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Good luck Jelena

Highlandman
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I can't wait and I'm sure she will win all her matches :rocker2: :D

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I want an update! I wanna see what she looks like now!

:mad: Late December will just never come.

Schnyderfreak
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
yeah time is crawling at the moment, but knowing Jelena is training hard to qualify makes it worthwhile :cool:
It would be cool if we got a little news to hang on cuz it's still 6 weeks before the playoffs and after this week tennis season is over :sad:
CMON JELENA:bounce: :bounce:

SM
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Ggo Jelenom

azza
Nov 6th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Steve hahahaha what was with those weird sms u sent me hahah

mardo
Nov 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM
To be in the playoff, you must train in the training camp (unless you are a last minute replacement)

Apparently, this year's event might be a round robin, meaning Jelena will be guaranteed 3 matches

Why is Jelena just playing the Wildcard Tournament? Shouldnt she play the $25,000 itf tournaments that all the Australian girls are playing now? It would be good to see how she goes in those itf tournaments before she gets given a wildcard into the Australian Open wildcard playoff. If she did well in those Australian itfs then she would deserve a chance to win the wildcard tournament!

Just Do It
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
It's quiet here :(

It will be interesting in Jelena's forum in December :hehehe:

Belco
Nov 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
:bounce:

Just Do It
Nov 9th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Belco, are you going to play offs ?

Highlandman
Nov 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
On this friday one year ago, I remember, it was one of the few days I called to Ismaning coz of Jelena :lol: - on friday was her QF there, which she won 6-4,6-2 vs Sabrina Jolk :angel: :angel:

Привет
Nov 9th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Wow. That was so long ago it seems Highlandman. :lol:

If Jelena can (which she will!) make a solid comeback it will be so rewarding for all of her fans who have posted in her forum all this time, hoping that she would comeback sometime soon. :)

ozfan44
Nov 10th, 2007, 12:23 AM

Yes was me thanks man....same again this year!!! :p

Ozfan gets everyone to text him results! :)

and thanks to you as well :worship:

Привет
Nov 10th, 2007, 12:57 AM
As long as I find out Jelena is crushing the opposition at the playoffs I am happy. :D

Philip
Nov 10th, 2007, 01:23 AM
At least this is gonna make december interesting for us :D
So shouldnt be that boring off season awaiting january to come along lol :woohoo:

Roll on december!!! :rocker:

OZTENNIS
Nov 10th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Yeah a month to six weeks seems so long

Highlandman
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Wow. That was so long ago it seems Highlandman. :lol:

If Jelena can (which she will!) make a solid comeback it will be so rewarding for all of her fans who have posted in her forum all this time, hoping that she would comeback sometime soon. :)

Haha yeah. There you see time doesn't go on so fast :p :lol: - I also feel it's ages ago. But it was so funny there :lol: :p I called like 10 times or more per matches :lol:

Belco
Nov 11th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Belco, are you going to play offs ?

ofcourse!

Harvs
Nov 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM
i am soooo excited about seeing jelena play at playoffs... i think the round robin format will really benefit her aswell... giving her as much match practise as possible:)

OZTENNIS
Nov 11th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I agree, do her good to play a mixed bag too...someone like Adamczak as well as Kriz and/or Mirkovic :)

OZTENNIS
Nov 11th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Would be nice for an update though

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
when are the playoffs again sorry?

Just Do It
Nov 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
15th December ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Someone should email TA or the Sydney Herald Sun and demand we get an update. :p

Just Do It
Nov 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Australians should stalk her :shrug:

If I were there I would sleep in front of Melbourn tennis park :shrug:

Brett.
Nov 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Lol. You're being ridiculous. You're funny.

rada
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Yes it would be nice to see how she is doing and how her game is coming along :)

Belco
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM

come and lets stalk her together :devil:

Just Do It
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM
come and lets stalk her together :devil:

Deal !! I'll be on the first flight from Belgrade to Melbourne :drive:

ce
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Lol. You're being ridiculous. You're funny.

:weirdo:
thats brilliant idea:hearts: :angel:

Philip
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:34 AM
id love to see a new picture of her now! but i guess (i hope) it will be a nice suprise when the playoffs come around to see her then... :p

scottsue
Nov 13th, 2007, 03:53 AM
I think Jelena should play in Mount Gambier next week for match practice.

Mr.Kardashian
Nov 13th, 2007, 08:29 AM
that would be great

Highlandman
Nov 14th, 2007, 07:10 PM
They already gave two WC's for qualies to Petrov-Sisters, hopefully Jelena gets another one - but I doubt i.t

Just Do It
Nov 14th, 2007, 07:29 PM
For Australian Open ?

Highlandman
Nov 14th, 2007, 07:41 PM
For Australian Open ?

No no :p For Mount Gambier ;)

Just Do It
Nov 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM
oh, no way she is playing there, I think she is not ready.

OZTENNIS
Nov 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Main Draw wildcards are Nicole Kriz, Daniella Dominikovic and Alenka Hubacek. I think that the fourth wildcard would have gone to Isabella Holland who didn't enter originally...

And I highly doubt that Jelena will play quallies, so she will have no competitive matchplay before the wildcard playoff...

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 14th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Jelena isn't ready for competitive matchplay now, so why bother playing and (probably) losing? I'm sure she's just working hard and having intense hitting sessions to sharpen her game and get some fitness back. Entering a challenger really wouldn't do any good, if you ask me.

Привет
Nov 15th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I agree with Dave. She probably isn't fit enough to play matches yet so why bother. If Jelena wants to get back to WTA level she needs to be smart, not just go out and play, play, play! ;)

Ben.
Nov 15th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Agree...start off little, then it will make a big difference. hopefully she doesn't play too many events like she did when she was at her peak on the WTA.

Mr.Kardashian
Nov 15th, 2007, 09:04 AM
agreed.... the last thing she needs is a blow to her confidence

Belco
Nov 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Agree...start off little, then it will make a big difference. hopefully she doesn't play too many events like she did when she was at her peak on the WTA.

:lol: :tape:

Highlandman
Nov 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Well, if she prepares well and is feeling good for Playoff, I don't think it's important if she plays few matches there - against probably very weak players - or not, I think her hitting-partner is probably a much better test;)

Hopefully her form is at least decent when she is going to Playoff's - and a very good form when she is going to season 2008 :D :p

OZTENNIS
Nov 15th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Just under a month now people :)

Belco
Nov 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
:bounce: :woohoo: CANT WAIT :woohoo:

Ben.
Nov 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Just under a month now people :)

oooooohhhhhhhhhhh, can't wait :bounce:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Nov 18th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I am so excited :woohoo:

Chpstk30
Nov 18th, 2007, 03:55 AM
cant wait for jelena to play again

Just Do It
Nov 18th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Draw should be out earlier ? 3rd December ?

ce
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Jelena :woohoo:
cant wait

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 19th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I've missed Jelena a lot in the time she's been out and I hope she can have a good comeback this time. Just being able to stick with it for a long time period is the first step, the results will come eventually.

Daniel.
Nov 21st, 2007, 04:18 AM
Nice article about Jelena in the Australian Tennis Magazine. Very positive, most interesting things:

- She has lost 6 kilos already
- She trains up to 3 hours a day
- She wants to play WC Play-off, Gold Coast Qualies, Hobart Qualies, Aussie Open
- Tin Bikic is with her in Australia
- She is looking for a permanent coach
- Been training with Duje Kavacic and some Australian Juniors

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 21st, 2007, 04:19 AM
Nice article about Jelena in the Australian Tennis Magazine. Very positive, most interesting things:

- She has lost 6 kilos already
- She trains up to 3 hours a day
- She wants to play WC Play-off, Gold Coast Qualies, Hobart Qualies, Aussie Open
- Tin Bikic is with her in Australia
- She is looking for a permanent coach
- Been training with Duje Kavacic and some Australian Juniors
Oh wow, thank you so much for that info. :D 6 kilos = 13 pounds :eek:

Any chance you can scan the article somehow so we can see the whole thing? It's ok if you can't, thanks again.

Jeca :hearts:

Just Do It
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:04 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: 6kg :yeah:

Is there a pic ? :)

Just Do It
Nov 21st, 2007, 08:07 AM
I found only this : http://www.tennismag.com.au/currentissue.htm