PDA

View Full Version : Venus committed to play Brazil Open !

Venus_Serena
Jul 17th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Venus Williams commits to playing the 2nd Brazil Open

São paulo (SP) - TO Monday edition of Brazil Open will count on the presence from the American tennis player Venus Williams, Champion in Wimbledon (2000/01) and in the US Open (2000/01).

As the inscriptions still they are not officially open, to tennis player, that participated from the decision of Wimbledon in the last end of week, if compromised before the WTA (Association of the Professional Tennis Players) it dispute to competition and alone will not be in at the expense of the Sauípe, coastline from the Bahia, from 7 to 15 of September, if its absence will go justified.

Ready it complete 22 years of age and professional since 1994, Venus is a collector of 25 titles. Including Grand Slams (two in Wimbledon and two in the US Open), and more five in doubles, the most recent one in the last of of, in Wimbledon, beside to Serene sister, Venus still has in the currículo 25 titles of simple and 8 of pairs in tournaments from the WTA.

She also is owner of the fastest serve of the tennis female, 205 km/h, mark recorded during the semifinal of Zurich, in 1998.

Venus and to Serene sister, a year more new, healthy protagonists from the recent history of the tennis female. Venus lost this week to leadership of the ranking world for the youngest sister.

Been born in a poor neighborhood, in a suburb from the Califórnia, the father of Venus and Serene, Richard Williams, planned meticulously to career of the sons, even before of them they will be born. The enthusiasm of him by the tennis began when saw a player receive a check of OR$ 35 thousand by the conquest of a tournament. Sweats woman, then, gave to the light to two girls and Richard obtained will want what: transform-read in the sensation of the circuit and milionárias.

HAIL-VENUS
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Great!!! Eventhough I had to concentrate really really hard to understand the article, I'm glad that Venus has added yet another tournament to her schedule. Go my Queen, Go!

joao
Jul 19th, 2002, 05:21 PM
the article was in portuguese. I guess that Venus_Serena just copy/past it to a translation website and didn't read it after translation ... but thanks anyway Venus_serena!!!!!:)

Williams Rulez
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:15 AM
This is great... more tournaments for her to win... :D

Roseie
Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:30 PM
Now why would Venus play Brazil one day after the final of US OPEN? When you win the OPEN, there are interviews to do. That takes a few days. Whats going on here? I hope she's planing to win this US OPEN.